SACRIFICE

THE SOLDIER'S WIFE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

The six of them sit in the living room chatting away.

“Yes. I’m home. I know it’s been 2 long years but I’m finally home. At first when I got back, I was confused because no one was home where we used to live but I ran into Jeonmi and she said after our mothers passed away, soldiers raided our village and you guys left. After asking around, I finally found Dr. Jung and he told me you guys were here.” Sehun explains.

“Oppa, what happened? Why did you stop writing?” Sooyoung asks.

“The war got worse and before we knew it, we were deployed to the front lines. I was scared but thinking how I had to come back, I never gave up hope that one day I’d get to see you all again.”

“It was hard. Mom got sick and Mrs. Bae also passed away at the same time. We were very worried about leaving but we had no choice.” Seungwan says.

Sehun nods. “I know. Dr. Jung told me already. I also heard how brave and hardworking you’ve been caring for this family Seungwan. I really appreciate all that you have done but you don’t need to worry anymore. I’m home and ready to help. I’m not the boy you used to know anymore. I’m a man now.” He says.

Seungwan gives him a small smile.

“I’m also ready to settle down and start my family too.” He says as he places a hand over Joohyun’s smiling at her. 

"It's good to have you home." Seungwan says.

Sehun can’t help but smile brightly as he looks at Joohyun. "It's good to be home."

Joohyun gives him a small smile but inside she feels conflicted. She takes a quick glance at Seungwan but can’t read her face.

“You must’ve had a long trip. Let me go clean up the room so you can go rest.” Seungwan says before getting up and leaving.

Joohyun wanted to go after her but she couldn’t when Sehun was holding her hand.

Sooyoung watches the scene in front of her and frowns before going after Seungwan.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yeri and Seulgi leave to get started on dinner.

“How have you been?” Sehun asks Joohyun.

“I’ve been good. And you? Are you hurt anywhere?”

“I missed everyone but I really missed you. Did you miss me?” He asks.

“Yeah.” She says but looks down at her hands. "It has been so long and I hadn't heard from you I thought..." She shakes her head. "But you're here."

“Sorry to worry you. I'm here now so you don't have to be scared anymore. Did Wan take good care of you?”

Joohyun nods and smiles. “Yeah, she did. She was very caring and sweet.”

He smiles in satisfaction. “That’s good to hear. I was worried, it’d be too much to ask of her.”

“You asked her to take care of me?” Joohyun frowns a bit as she looks at him.

He smiles widely. “Yeah, at first she didn’t agree because she said it was my job but eventually she agreed.”

“Why did you ask her that? Did you think I couldn’t take care of myself?”

“No. I know you can take care of yourself. I was just worried that other people would harass you if I’m not around and Wan is the only person I trust. Why? Do you not trust her?”

“No. I trust her with my life.” She answers.

He looks down and picks up her hand to look at the ring. “You put it on. I was worried you wouldn’t wear it because I was unable to put it on you. You know, thinking about it now I feel so silly."

"Why?"

"Before the wedding, I was really nervous and unsure I could put the ring on you. Dr. Jung told me that love doesn't hesitate so I shouldn't. He told me that he felt that way too but when he saw Mrs. Jung, his heart knew she was the one and didn't even think twice before putting the ring on her. He said it was because he had nothing but pure love for her.” He discloses and looks at her. “Would it be right for me to even hold you now since I couldn’t even do something as simple as that?”

Hearing this, Joohyun thought about that time, she was sitting all by herself after

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter