FALLEN

THE SOLDIER'S WIFE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was early morning.

Joohyun had woken up first this morning. She turns to find a sleeping Seungwan. She smiles at the sight.

Looking closely, she can see the tiredness in the other’s face. The dark circles and sharp jaw line proved how hard she was working.

Joohyun felt bad she couldn’t really help. She reaches out and brushes Seungwan’s hair away from her face.

She lays still quietly watching Seungwan sleep peaceful. She tries not to disturb her. She looks at the clock, it’s only 6.

Just then, Seungwan starts to stir awake. She had gotten used to getting up early but today was the weekend for her to rest.

Knowing that Seungwan would wake up early again, Joohyun had to think quickly. She wanted the girl to rest but she was stubborn so in a swift move, Joohyun moves to snuggle closer to Seungwan wrapping her arms around her waist.

Seungwan blinks to clear her vision. When she is able to adjust her eyes, she sees it’s early morning as it’s still fairly dark out. She lets out a yawn and is about to get up when she feels an arm wrapped tightly around her. Alert, she looks to find Joohyun wrapped securely around her.

She tries to pry her hands off but Joohyun only tightens her hold snuggling closer.

Seungwan freezes at the movement. She knew Joohyun was still recovering so she didn’t want to hurt her in any way.

She gently called out to her. “Joohyun-ah?” her voice above a whisper.

No answer. She tries again with her tired voice. “Joohyun-ah? I have to get up.”

Joohyun hums not moving an inch. “Hmmm.”

“Hey, sleepy head. It’s time for me to get up and I can’t do that with you holding me.” Seungwan says.

Joohyun closes her eyes. “Get some more sleep. You don’t have work today.”

“But I shouldn’t. I have a lot of things to do today.”

“They can wait so keep me warm and go back to sleep.”

“Eh? Keep you…”

“Shhh. Just…I sleep better with you here.”

Thinking Joohyun must have nightmares about the incident, Seungwan wraps her arm around Joohyun and lightly taps her back to soothe her.

Joohyun smiles as she drifts off back to sleep.

It doesn’t take long before sleep takes over the tired and overworking Seungwan as well.

 

 

 

 

 

 

3 hours later...

“I think they’re dead.” Yeri says.

“Hmmm, they look comfortable to me.” Seulgi says.

“They are oversleeping if you ask me.” Sooyoung adds.

Seungwan begins to stir awake from her sleep. She opens her eyes only to be greeted with three faces staring at her.

She is startled and confused. “You guys really need to stop doing that. It’s getting kind of creepy.”

“We’re getting creepy? Well, you two are getting freaky all cuddled up like that if you ask me so yeah.” Sooyoung replies.

Seungwan frowns before looking at herself. When she does, she finds Joohyun nicely tucked into her.

Seungwan’s eyes widen as she realizes what Sooyoung was talking about. She looks back at the three who stare at her with raised eyebrows. They wait for an explanation.

“Ah, it’s not what it looks like…we….”

“Please, unnie, if I was anyone else I’d say you two were making with the loving but knowing you, you’re probably just making heat.” Yeri says.

“Are you sure? Joohyun unnie looks really comfortable. I mean, she doesn’t even look this content when we shared

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter