IS IT TRUE?

THE SOLDIER'S WIFE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

“How long?”

“I can see how happy you are when you’re with Seungwan unnie. The way you smile and how your face just brightens up when she’s around says it all. It’s not hard to figure out.”

“Oh.”

“It’s not a bad thing to be happy but it is when you’re married to her brother. Have you thought about how awkward it’ll be? Unnie, I hate to say it, but you need to choose one or the other.”

Joohyun sighs. “I don't anyone to get hurt.”

“I know you don't. But you have to choose so what are you going to do? I mean, do you still love Sehun oppa?”

“Seungwan has all of my heart...I don't know what to do or how to tell him. I don't want to break his heart because I did fall in love with him but for some reason I feel like I fell in love with her first."

"What do you mean? You fell in love with her first? How?"

"Well, there's something I haven't told anyone."

"What is it?" Yeri asks.

"I had never liked anyone and you know that but that night at the lantern fesitval when that stranger saved me, my heart was racing for the first time. I think it was then that I finally liked someone. And I think because I thought it was Sehun, it made me like him but then I met Seungwan and she was everywhere in my life that my heart couldn't help but love her. I was confused at first but then to find out she was that stranger that night, in a way I was  relieved and happy it was her and not Sehun. Is it wrong?"

"Why didn't you tell us?"

"I didn't know it was her then. If I did, I wouldn't be stuck in this mess."

Yeri sighs. "Unnie...I..."

"Plus, what can I do now? I want Seungwan but Sehun wants us to redo the wedding.”

“What? He did? Why?"

"He told me we were never officially married."

"Seriously? Well, what did you say?” Yeri asks.

“I told him I needed some time to figure out things since I’m worried about you and Seulgi. He agreed but I still don’t know what to do.”

Yeri could see how much her sister was hurting and how hard this was eating at her. She didn’t know how to comfort her.

“Don’t worry about it Yeri-ah, unnie will figure it out.”

Yeri was about to say something but Joohyun quickly finishes the laundry and heads inside leaving Yeri to contemplate her own decisions.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“What?”

“I think it’s best I leave now.”

“No. What do you mean you’re leaving now? Why don't you stay longer?”

“Hun-ah, I can’t continue to hover over you and Sooyoung. You two are all grown up now and have your own lives. Don’t you think it’s time I have one too?”

“Wan-ah, I understand but can’t you at least stay for my wedding?” Sehun pleads.

Seungwan frowns. “Wedding? What are you talking about?”

“Joohyun and I are redoing our wedding since we never got to finish it. I mean, it's not now because Joohyun needed time to think about it but still, can’t you stay for that?”

She sighs. “I’m sorry but I can’t. If I don’t go now, I may hurt people, people I love and I don’t want to do that. I have to go.”

“You won’t hurt anyone. I know you. You’re strong and dependable. We need you.”

“That’s why I need to go. We all need to stand on our own to learn how to face our fears. It’s time Hun. No matter what you say, my answer will still be the same.”

Sehun lets out a defeated sigh. “How can you leave now?”

“You’ll be okay without me. When I’m ready, I’ll come back.”

Sehun sighs in defeat. “I understand but why so soon?”

“Don't worry. I’ve already packed all the things I need.”

“Well, guess, there’s nothing I can do to change your mind. Just be careful and write us okay?”

“I don't know what will happen but I'll try.”

“Promise?”

“Promise.”

The two hug for a moment before breaking apart. They smile at each other then turn around only to see Joohyun standing there. Her eyes were planted on Seungwan.

“You’re leaving?” Joohyun could mumble.

Sehun gives Seungwan a small smile before heading inside to give them space.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“How could you leave without telling me? Do I mean nothing to you?” Joohyun asks with pain in her voice.

“It’s not like that.” Seungwan answers.

“Then what is it? Did I do something wrong?” Joohyun asks.

“No, you didn’t but we need to let go now.”

“I can’t live without you now so please don’t leave me.”

“I have no choice. I have to. Just, think of what has happened the past few days as a dream.” Seungwans says.

“How can you say that? You can’t honestly tell me that what happened between us meant nothing to you.”

“I was wrong. I got caught in the moment and made a huge mistake. I shouldn’t have…we shouldn’t have done that.”

Joohyun slaps Seungwan. “How can you say that? Am I just something you used because you were bored? And now that you’ve had your way with me, you’re just going to throw me away like that?”

“What? No. You’re not a toy or game to me. I would never do that to you. How can I do that when I…” Seungwan stops.

“When you what?” Joohyun asks curiously.

“Nothing. I just…I have to go.”

“Then was it all a lie when you told me you loved me?”

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to hurt you like this.”

“No. You’re lying. I know you feel the same way I do.”

Seungwan closes her eyes and takes a deep breath. “Joohyun-ah…”

Joohyun takes a step closer and takes Seungwan’s hand. “Look me in the eye and tell me that you never

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter