MAYBE

THE SOLDIER'S WIFE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

“Unnie, where have you been? I was waiting for so long.”

“Sorry, I got lost.”

“Uh, unnie, whose scarf is that?” Seulgi asks.

“Oh, uh, someone helped me earlier.”

“I see. Who are they?”

“I don’t know. I didn’t get to see their face. Before I could ask, they took off running.”

“So you don’t even know their name?” Seulgi lets out a sigh of disappointment.

“No but if I remember correctly, the girl called them Son Sehun.” Joohyun says recalling the moment.

Seulgi’s eyes widen. “What? Who?”

“Son Sehun.”

“Unnie, don’t you know who that is?”

“No. You know I don’t like to step outside of the house.”

“Unnie, he’s the most handsome man in all of the villages. He’s known for his tall, athletic, and fit body. He’s very charming too, I heard.”

“I also heard he’s really dumb when it comes to courting girls.” Yeri says and she and Saeron arrive.

“Well, he just helped our unnie her from getting mobbed by a group of hungry men.”

“Wow. That’s a miracle. So unnie, are you swooned?” Yeri asks.

“Uh, I don’t know. He was really nice though.” Joohyun said.

Just then their mom arrives with the lanterns. “So, did any of my little ducklings find love?”

“Joohyun unnie did with the most handsome boy in town Son Sehun.” Yeri says.

Their mom raises as surprised eyebrow. “Oh really? Wow, well finally my prayers have been answered. I knew this year was going to be it.”

“Not so fast mom. Yeri doesn’t know what she is talking about. I didn’t even see his face.”

“Well, I would gladly point out who he is during the lighting.” Saeron says.

They all look at her. “Their my next door neighbors.”

 

 

 

 

“You big times. Do you know how much I had to sweat my off just running away from Jeonmi for you?”

“And I thank you but sadly, I didn’t even get to see her.” Sehun says pouting.

“She’s breathtaking.” Seungwan says as she takes off the jacket and switches back her hat.

“What? You saw her?” Sehun asks with anticipation.

“Oh, well, that’s what I heard.”

“I was going to say, you met her and didn’t mention anything about me?”

“Geez, conceded much? Besides, I don’t think you’re her type.”

“What? I’m everyone’s type. Tall, charming, handsome, fit, everything a woman would want.” Sehun boasts.

Seungwan gags. “Get a hold of yourself. And may I let you know, a woman like her don’t want someone to contain and control her. She wants love and understanding.” Seungwan explains.

“Are you sure you’re not just talking about yourself now?” Sehun asks.

“Please, you of all people should know what kind of person I am.”

“I do and I also know that though you have a lot of love to give, you also deserve all the love you can get. Don’t forget that.”

“Thanks. Now, come on, the show is about to start. Maybe, you’ll get a glimpse of her.”

 

 

 

 

Joohyun lit up her lantern with the scarf still covering her face. As she finishes, Yeri and Saeron walk over to her.

“Unnie, unnie.” Yeri says.

Joohyun looks up. “Yes?”

Saeron points to the other side of the grounds. “Unnie, that tall guy there is Sehun.”

Joohyun sees him and frowns. “He seems to be too tall to be the one who hugged me. The person seemed to be a bit shorter

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter