CONFUSED

THE SOLDIER'S WIFE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

They all had breakfast as Sooyoung glares at Seungwan.

“You didn’t have to hit me that hard but I stand with my words. You have horrible taste.”

“Yeah, yeah, whatever.”

Mrs. Son and Joohyun chuckle at them.

“Alright, now you two play nice.” Mrs. Son says.

“Yes, mother.” They both answered.

Mrs. Son looks over at Joohyun. “Honey, how are you feeling today?”

“Oh, I feel much better.” Joohyun says with a small smile then she looks at Seungwan. “And thanks for letting me borrow your clothes.” She says with a blush.

“No problem. They may have been a little big for you.”

“I’m glad you’re okay. I was really worried yesterday.” Mrs. Son says then turns to Seungwan. “Ah, I almost forgot. How’s your hand?”

Joohyun forgot about that. She looks over at Seungwan again with guilt.

Seungwan pulls her hand onto her lap and smiles. “It’s fine. Nothing serious. Just a small cut.” That was a lie, she ended up splitting it even bigger after pummeling Jungmin’s face. She knew she had to go in and get it stitched soon.

Joohyun saw the action and looks at her worried.

“That’s good. Don’t do anything to make it worse then.” Mrs. Son says with a tired smile.

Seungwan can see the tiredness in her mother's face and looks down with knitted brows.

Joohyun watches her from the other side.

After breakfast, Seungwan grabs her jacket and is about to head out when she is stopped at the door.

“Where are you going?”

Seungwan smiles. “I forgot something in town yesterday. Just heading back to get it.” She replies and walks away but a hand grabs her arm.

“Seungwan-ah.”

She gives an assuring smile. “Don’t worry. I’ll be back before you know it.” She takes a few steps then turns around.

“Get some more rest…grandma.” With that she winks at Joohyun before making a run for it.

Joohyun is left staring at the girl with hanging in disbelief. “That girl.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Seungwan sits in Dr. Jung’s office. He stitches up her hand.

“So I guess, the rumors were true but geez, how hard did you hit him to split your hand like this. You’re lucky you came in today. If you would’ve waited any longer, you may have lost your hand.”

“I know. I cut it while fixing the house yesterday then Jungmin happened. I wasn’t able to come in sooner.”

“I heard. Is your sister-in-law okay?”

Seungwan doesn’t even try to lie about it. “Yeah. It’s my fault. I should’ve gotten there sooner. If anything had happen to her, I don’t think I’d be able to face Sehun.”

“Hey, it’s not your fault. Besides, if it wasn’t for you, I think she’d have a hard time right now. You saved her and she’s safe.”

“I know but what about next time. These guys just don’t give up. First it was MinKi, then Jongki, then Wooyung, then Taekhoon, then Jihun, and now Jungmin. I’m scared that if anything happens to me, who’s going to protect her. I promised Sehun I’d protect her and take care of her but with him being gone for so long…(deep sigh)…I don’t know.”

Dr. Jung finishes stitching her up and looks at her with sympathy. “You know it’s not your job to save everyone right? I mean, you are only human.”

“I know. There’s just so much going on right now. Trying to keep my family safe and making my mom happy.”

“Well, you have to find your own happiness too.”

“Yeah. Sehun said the same thing before he left.” Seungwan scoffs thinking back about it.

Dr. Jung smiles seeing her smile. He looks at her and jokes. “You know, if I didn’t know that Joohyun was married to Sehun, I’d say you were her husband with everything that you’re doing for her.”

“What do you mean?” She asks curiously.

“I mean, think about it. Every time Joohyun was in danger, you were there. You dealt with MinKi, Jongki, Wooyung, Taekhoon, and Jihun. You didn’t beat them to a pulp like Jungmin because they didn’t go as far as what he did since they know better not to mess with you. But it almost seems as if she was your wife not Sehun’s.”

Seungwan scoffs in disbelief. “What? That’s crazy.”

“To you maybe but to any outsider, someone like me, I’d definitely think she was your wife the way you take care and protect her.”

“Ey! It’s not like that.”

"Uh huh, sure superwoman."

They share a laugh but what they didn’t know was Joohyun was standing outside. She didn’t mean to eavesdrop but couldn’t help it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter