YOU'RE WARM

THE SOLDIER'S WIFE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

It’s been 3 months since the passing of Miyoung and Taeyeon and 1 year since Sehun has been gone.

After the funeral, Seungwan invited Seulgi and Yeri to come live with them because she didn't want them to be alone and thought it would be better for all of them to support each other. 

At first Seulgi and Yeri didn't want to leave but in the end, after talking to Joohyun, they sold the house and moved in with Seungwan and Sooyoung.

Due to the move, Seungwan ended up moving into her mother’s room as she gave Yeri her room so she wouldn’t feel uncomfortable.

Seulgi and Sooyoung wanted to stay together so she let them. She didn’t bother Joohyun.

Seungwan worked twice as hard as she did before to take care of everyone. She worked late nights and had different jobs. It was draining but she had no choice. 

Seulgi held a part time job to help.

Joohyun suggested going out to find a job so she could help too but Seungwan didn’t want her to somewhere alone since the war was getting worse as well as the protest.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Seungwan returns late night from her night job as a cleaner. She walks through the door with heavy shoulders.

She sits at the dining table. No energy to even wanting to eat dinner. She looks around the quiet house then lets out a deep breath and closes her eyes to get a moment of silence.

After taking a moment to herself, she finally  gets up to go wash before getting some rest but stops when she sees someone sitting on the sofa. Frowning, she walks closer.

Just like the many nights before, she finds a tired and dozed off Joohyun. She had waited again even though she told Joohyun not to wait for her yet here she was again sleeping in an uncomfortable position.

Seungwan sighs at the sight. And just like every night, she carries the sleeping beauty up the stairs to her brother’s room.

She places her on the bed and tucks her in before heading off to clean up.

 

 

 

 

Joohyun wakes up every morning to find Seungwan gone and again food from the night before untouched. She sighs and cleans up the dishes.

She stays up late every night waiting for Seungwan to come home. She worries and paces staring at the door making sure the girl gets home safe and eats.

Like the nights before, she would fall asleep without knowing as she waited and then find herself in her own bed when she woke up the next morning.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Seulgi and Sooyoung watches the two as the days pass. It was like they were playing a game of hide and seek, neither one able to catch the other.

“You know, I think Joohyun unnie likes Seungwan.” Seulgi says as she watches the older one stare at the door.

Sooyoung looks at her with knitted brows. “What makes you say that?”

Seulgi looks at her. “Joohyun unnie doesn’t care for anyone nor does she ever wait for anyone like she is right now.”

“Maybe she just wants to make sure Wan unnie gets home okay.”

“Maybe but something’s different about her these days.”

“What makes you say that?”

“I noticed that unnie's happier when Seungwan’s home.”

“How do you know that?” Sooyoung asks curiously.

“She smiles a lot more when Seungwan’s around and when Seungwan’s not around, she looks lost.” Seulgi explains.

“You sound a lot smarter than you make yourself to be you know.”

“I have my moments.” Seulgi says with a smile.

After some thoughts, Sooyoung looks at Seulgi with a serious expression. “Unnie, does this mean, she doesn’t love oppa anymore?”

Seulgi frowns lost in thoughts. “I don’t think so because I know unnie carries around a scarf she got during the lantern festival a year ago.”

“Scarf? What kind of scarf?”

“I don’t know. She keeps it safe though. I honestly think unnie fell in love with that night but she won't ever admit it. I assumed it was from your brother because of the initials."

“Huh. Interesting.”

Seulgi just shrugs as she pulls Sooyoung along to go to sleep. "Come on. Let's let her be."

 

 

 

 

 

 

A week later.

It’s early morning when loud banging and screaming fill the streets.

Seungwan, being a light sleeper, wakes up t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter