Samjoko - 1

The Context of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hey chingus! Dropping off the first chapter of our story I hope you all enjoy it. 

Subscribe, Comment, Holler!

Peace yow~!

 

-----------

 

 

 

In one of the class theaters inside Seoul National University, a stunning brunette stood before her class of a hundred students while explaining to them the Three Kingdoms of Korea and the existence of Gojumong.

 

All eyes are set on her, male students listening and watching her every move from the way her hand sway and point her finger on the white screen to the way her lips move while explaining to her class about the history of their country.

 

While female students are in awe on how can the brunette be stunningly beautiful, eloquent and intelligent at the same time. Her presence in front of the class always makes them stop and drop everything they do just to listen on her teachings.

 

 

The truth is, out of 100 students inside the theater today only 25 of them are Archaelogy and Arts Major. The remaining 75 are from various colleges and courses who enrolled on her Korean History class just to have a glimpse and be blessed by the presence of whom they called “The Goddess Professor of Seoul National University” 

 

The brunette clicked on the remote of the projector in her hands and the screen showed a map of the old empire.

 

“As you can see in this map, Goguryeo occupies almost the rest of North Korea and some parts of Mongolia and China. I know all of you must have watched the drama “Jumong”, but of course the writers of the drama downplayed everything and did some tweeking on the story. The best known version of the myths of Goguryeo can be found in Samguk Sagi, Samgungnyusa, and in the ‘King Dongmyeong chapter of the Dongguk Yisang Gukjip.”

 

She clicked on the remote again and showed a photo of the late king “One legend says that Go Jumong is the son of the warrior Haemosu the founder of Buyeo who was also believed to be the son of Heaven… that is according to Samguk Yusa. It says that Haemosu met Lady Yuhwa by the river when she was bathing…”

 

“Oooooohhhhh…..” the whole male population of the class whistled and in awe when she said it. The brunette chuckled and continued on her lecture “Yes guys, women back in the days bathe in rivers. Of course with no man in sight! Being a ert is not tolerated back then because they respect women and their dignity. But now… no one does that anymore because bathing in a river at this time will either land you on YouTube or Naver or be shamed. And besides, who bathes in a river when you have a bathroom inside your house!”

 

One student raised his hand and she acknowledge him “Yes, Mr. Park? What would you like to share with us besides the fact that we already know how in love you are with your bangs?” the whole class laughed out loud with the Professor’s teasing. The student was scratching his head while smiling widely at the beautiful Professor.

 

“Professor… why do you always see my bangs?”

 

“Mr. Park I don’t know what era you live in, but Mushroom hairstyle is so 2011.” the brunette smiled kindly and raised her finger to shush the students “But… no matter what hairstyle you rock , it will never change the fact that you are one of my brightest students.” she flashed her killer smile that melted the lovestruck students sighing.

 

The bell rang indicating that classes is over even though the students doesn’t want it to end. The brunette pushed a button on the wall to turn the lights on that brightened the room then closed the projector.

 

“Sorry primates, but class is over…”

 

“Nooooooo!” all of them are whining like kids who didn’t received their candies from Santa. She shook her head while smiling and closed her laptop.

 

“Professor! We won’t see you for 2 weeks! We will miss you!”

 

“That’s so sweet of you guys…. so because of that…” she took her board marker and wrote a short message for the students that made all of them pout.

 

“Please make a report about what we tackled today. In your own words primates, not in Mr. Google and Mr. Wikipedia’s words and not even Mr. Naver! Your reaction paper in 4,000 words to be pass tomorrow at 11:00 in the evening sharp by sending it to my E-mail. Arasso?” all of them whined even more loudly hearing what she said.

 

“Professor… why are you so cruel?!” the brunette sat on her chair crossing her arms and tilted her head to the side smiling cutely at her students making them go gaga over her.

 

“I’m not cruel guys, I just want you all to miss me…” she laughed softly at what she said that made the male students shoot hearts from their eyes while holding their chest because they felt like its going to explode. Tsk tsk tsk… cruel Professor indeed.

 

 

She tapped the desk repeatedly with her book to silence the students and stood up from her seat “Have a nice 2 week vacation guys and be good to your parents! Enjoy and I’ll see you again…” the students bowed at her with respect before going out of the room.

 

Five students were left inside and transfered to the seats in front waiting for her instructions. She took some papers on top of her table and gave it to the only girl in the group. The girl took one and passed the remaining papers to the 4 lads looking so eager to receive it.

 

“So… are you guys ready for some adventure?” she asked the 5 students while smiling starting her short pep talk.

 

Her name is Professor Krystal Jung, Professor College of Humanities at Seoul National University. Double Degree holder Major in Archaeology and Art History, M.A. in Archaeology and Art History, Ph. D. in Korean History and Archaeology. She took her Masteral and Doctorate degree at the same time earning it at the age of 25. She has been a faculty staff for 2 years and a beloved person inside the campus.

 

Students, male and female admire her beauty and intelligence. She was voted as the Campus Goddess when she was still a student at the University and until now that she is already teaching she’s still dubbed as the Goddess.

 

Beautiful, sassy, smart, intelligent, kindhearted, warm. All the qualities a man wants in a woman is already on her but no one has ever made her say Yes. She enjoys being by herself, spending time reading books inside her office, analyzing datas collected from the field, and sometimes… playing Super Mario in her Nintendo 3Ds.

 

She’s 27 but she looks 3 years younger than her age. Beloved by her students because of her informative style of teaching with a bit of humor on the side. She believes that to engage your students in a boring lecture, humor and intellectual interaction is needed to lure them in.

 

“Wendy, Taeyong, Haechan, Mark, and Jaehyun… kids do you have your duly signed waiver from your parents? Because if you don’t have then you are free to go…” she said while waving her hand to her students with a goofy smile on her face. Music were blaring from Professor Jung’s laptop to the tune of ‘Wonderland’.

 

They laughed at their Professor's actions who is feeling the song, even bopping her head while reading the waivers they gave. For them, having the privilege to assist Professor Jung on her field research is like landing the internship they have been dreaming of.

 

“Hmmm… very good guys and girl…” Krystal emphasized the word girl, tilting her head on Wendy's direction with a smile that made the girl giggle and well... swoon. “Are all these listed emergency contact numbers of your parents certified true and correct? I need parents and not girlfriends or boyfriends…”

 

“Professor!”

 

“Just kidding guys on the boyfriends part… the 5 of you are under my care starting now so whatever happens to every single one of you it will be me who will answer to your parents. We will leave tomorrow morning and travel to Jeolla Province… you guys know what to bring, right?”

 

“Yes Professor!” the five chorused like kinder garten students earning a chuckle from the gorgeous brunette.

 

“Professor Park Sunyoung will be joining us on our trip so I suggest that you give your best guys because you’ll learn a lot from her, especially Jaehyun whom I know has the biggest crush on our Professor… am I right buddy?!” the guy named Jaehyun suddenly turned red while smiling and scratching his head. His 4 classmates were laughing at his reaction teasing him.

 

She discussed to them the background of the research they will be doing and the possibility of finding the artifact the client is looking for. Professor Jung passed out some additional hand outs to the students for them to have a run through today as preparation for tomorrow.

 

“Let’s meet at the faculty office tomorrow guys, 6:30 am sharp. So go home now and rest, prepare for tomorrow. See you guys..”

 

“See you Professor!” the students stood up from their seats and bowed at her before going out of the room leaving her inside.

 

She took a deep breath and sighed before sitting on one of the student tables, leaning her back on the chair then closed her eyes.

 

It was her last class for the day and she felt so drained. A lot of things running on her mind... most especially the conversation she had 3 days ago with the woman who came to her office one a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter