Chapter eight

Then Came My Cute Fake Boyfriend

YALL IM SHOOK THE NEW ALBUM THO anyways :0 an update!!!!!!!!! I thought it was fitting to update on their comeback date lol. Anyways happy birthday The8!!!! Also happy comeback day!!!! #clapisabop anyways pls continue to comment and subscribe omggg anyways ty for your support ily. k so anyways:

 

Chapter 8

Seungkwan wasn't sure why Hansol was acting so out of character earlier that day, but now that he found himself face to face with his friend who came up from Seoul, he really wanted to die.

Why does everyone know cute boy Seokmin???

"Wait, so you and Hansol are friends?! Funny, huh" Seokmin said, flashing Seungkwan his signature smile.

"Yeah, me and him go out for desserts every weekend to post on my instagram, right Hansol?" Seungkwan exclaimed.

"Yeah. I really had no idea that Seungkwan was going to be at your audition" Hansol confessed "I didn't even know he had an audition, never the less against a close friend of mine."

"Well, we're all here now! Anyways, I might not be here for long. Seungkwan did so well, and I already made plans to leave incase I don't get the lead. I'm crazed with work at college anyways, so being here in Seoul would only be worth it if I were playing the lead." Seokmin said, sighing. 

He'll leave if he doesn't get the lead?

"Don't say that! You did way better than me. Anyways, I haven't eaten since this morning, so lets go." Seungkwan said, leading the way to the nearest cafe. 

"Would you actually leave if you don't get the lead?" Hansol asked, dissapointed by Seokmins statement.

"Well, if it were a play by my area, i'd still continue the play, but since I have to be four hours from my home, it would only be worth it if I were the lead. " Seokmin shrugged "But who knows. Either way, the show will be great since if I don't get it, Seungkwan here will do amazing!" 

"Well, who knows. I promise you, you'll get the lead." Seungkwan said, smiling towards Seokmin. 

-

Mingyu wasn't going to lie and say that he wanted to see his 'boyfriend' of sorts with his friend who he's probably way closer to, but he also wasn't going to lie when saying that he was genuenly curious to meet the man that apperenly the whole world knew. 

"What time should Seokmin be here?" Mingyu asked, turning his face from the wall towards Wonwoo, who was styling his hair in front of his mirror.

"Uh..." Wonwoo started, checking his phone for the time "Any minute now!" 

Just as Wonwoo said that, there was a knock on the door.

"Hi! Oh, you must be Mingyu!" The man before him started, and damn. Seungkwan wasn't lying when he was good looking. 

"Yeah! And you're the Seokmin that i've heard so much about." Mingyu said, flashing a grin in his direction before letting him in. "Wonwoo's in the bathroom right now, but when he gets out we'll go." 

Seokmin nodded, rubbing his hands in anticipation. "So! I heard all about you and Wonwoos plans. Very clever what you did there. I would have never thought of doing something like that."

"Oh, yeah...I actually read something on a website that gave me the idea." Mingyu said "But anyways, i'm gonna miss fake dating Wonwoo." 

"You will?" Seokmin asked, raising an eyebrow at him "Why is that?" 

"Um...well, not important." Mingyu said, grinning. 

"Oh..well...I hope things work out for you" Seokmin said. "I'm going to assume that the non important thing is that you have feelings for him?"

"Uh...yeah..." Mingyu said, smiling sheepishly at Seokmin "But it's probably nothing." 

Before things could get anymore awkward towards them, Wonwoo stepped out of the bathroom ready to go.

"Are we all ready? I see you've gotten to know each other" Wonwoo said, smiling to them, who were both looking at Wonwoo with adoring eyes.

"Yeah..by the way, i'll drive, okay?" Mingyu said, holding up his car keys. "Any movie you want to see in particular?" Mingyu asked, turning to Seokmin. 

"No, not really. I'm okay with anything!" Seokmin said "Can we just not watch a horror movie, though?" 

"Oh yeah, Seokmin's afraid of scary movies" Wonwoo giggled, poking Seokmins stomach "I hear that Baby Driver is good, though?" 

"Yeah, Seungkwan watched it and he enjoyed it a lot! Oh, speaking of which, how was he? Did he torment you today?" Mingyu asked.

"No, not at all! Actually, he was super nice to me, not to mention that he totally got the part. I could never compete against his voice." Seokmin said, smiling as he shook his head. 

"Really? Seungkwan got my number and wouldn't stop blowing my phone up once and he constantly torments Mingyu." Wonwoo said. "Who knows, though, he might like you more than he likes us."

The ride to the movie theater was pretty quite, well, besides Mingyus Girls Generation soundtrack blasting.

Once getting to the movie theater, though, Seokmin and Wonwoo would not shut up over which movie to see.

"I thought we already decided on Baby Driver, though?" Mingyu asked, turning towards Wonwoo and Seokmin, who stood in front of the list of movies showing. 

"I'm not watching Jigsaw, you can check yourself first and then come at me with that" Seokmin said, shaking his head.

"I'm not about to sit through another Marvel movie, you can miss me with that" Wonwoo said. "Jigsaw is actually decent."

"Or..." Mingyu chimed in "There's always another option?" 

"Like what?" Seokmin asked, turning from the list. 

"Uh, we can always just go to the gardens?" Mingyu asked. 

"Oh, actually Seokmin would like that" Wonwoo said. "We can walk from here to there. It's where me and Mingyu went on our first 'date' "

"Uh..sure! We can go there" Seokmin said, shrugging as he followed Wonwoo. 

"It's so nice there" Wonwoo started, babbling on and on about how great it is "There's a childrens garden and a swing set and-"

"So!" Seokmin interruped "Mingyu! Do you and Hansol hang out often?" 

"Uhm..Not really" Mingyu said "He and Seungkwan are like, really, really close. He comes over to our dorms often though." 

"Oh, cause he talks about you a lot. Not as much as Seungkwan, but he's brought you up." Seokmin said. "Oh! Is that the gardens right there?" Seokmin said, pointing arcoss the street.

"Yeah, it's over there. We can hang out there for a few hours. You have to go back around 8:00 to Hansols apartment, right?" Wonwoo asked. 

"Yeah, so lets leave at 6:30. Your other friends wanted to meet me, no?" Seokmin asked. 

"Yeah, i'll text them to make sure that they know." 

"Great! I'm sure they'll be happy to see you too, Mingyu" Seokmin said, smiling towards him. 

"Yeah..."

-

"We have guests coming over and you're dressed like THAT?" Jeonghan asked, looking over Seungcheols attire, which apperently wasn't good enough for the guests arriving shortly.

"I'm wearing pants and a tee shirt?" Seungcheol said, looking up from his Poptropica game. "Anyways, isn't it just Wonwoo and Mingyu along with one of Wonwoos friends?" 

"Yes, but we can't have his friend thinking that we live in a garbage disposal! Get up and help me clean" Jeonghan said, handing his swiffer sweeper to Seungcheol, who grumbled before getting up. 

"Have you ever met Seokmin before?" Seunghceol asked, turning towards Jeonghan, who was polishing the...TV set...?

"Nope, but i've only heard good things about him. Plus, he's Wonwoos friend, how bad could he be? He had great taste in choosing us as friends, i'm sure this guy is great as well." Jeonghan said, shaking his head "And hey! We'll get to see Wonwoo and Mingyu together! It's been forever"

Just as Jeonghan said that, Seungcheol heard a knock on their door.

"They're here!!!" Seungcheol said, running to get the door, opening it to see Wonwoo, Mingyu, and one fine looking mAN

"H-hello" Seungcheol started, looking Wonwoos friend up and down.

"Hi! You must be Seungcheol!" Seokmin said, holding his hand out for Seungcheol to shake. 

"Come in! I bought food from the diner" Jeonghan said, gesturning for the trio to make their way inside. "I've been waiting ages to finally meet you! I'm Jeonghan" He said, smiling towards Seokmin. 

"Yeah, I've waited long too! Wonwoo has told me so much" Seokmin said, making himself comfortable on their couch. "Thank you for finding a relationship for him, he can be such a loner"

"See!" Seungcheol said, pointing to Seokmin "Why is it that your friend has more graditude towards us than you two. I've never once got a thank you for my hard work" He said, shaking his head. 

"Why would we, you've set us up on countless dates anyways" Wonwoo said. 

"Uh, because this one worked out?" Jeonghan asked. "Anways, I hear you came up to Seoul for an audition, right? That must be fun!" 

"Yeah, but I'm not sure how long i'll be here. If I don't get the lead, I think it's gonna be too much of a commitment staying here when I have school to attend." Seokmin said, shrugging. 

"Oh, well then lets make the most of you while you're here! If you do get the lead, how long will you be here?" Seungcheol asked. 

"Hm..about a month and a half? I have a friend who owns an apartment so i'm staying with him for right now" Seokmin said. "And if anything, I can always stay with Wonwoo." 

"Yeah, I don't have a roommate, so you can sleep over sometimes" Wonwoo said. "We can binge Food Wars or something." 

"I thought that was our thing!" Jeonghan said, pouting. "Oh! We have to make plans for our double date!" 

And just like that, Seokmin was slowly forgot about as they discussed plans that he wouldn't be apart of. 

Not that Seokmin was one to showcase the fact that he was upset that Wonwoo was dating somebody else who wasn't him, but it was becoming more and more difficult to hide it after awhile.

Not to mention that Seungcheol was the only one who seemed to notice. 

Not as first, since he was too busy planning the double date that he was so excited for, but after awhile of not seeing Seokmins signature smile plastered onto his face along with the looks he was giving Wonwoo, it was pretty hard to hide. 

Luckily for Seokmin, he wasn't able to spend much time longer at their dorms due to the time, so his suffering didn't last too long.

"Well, it was nice meeting you!" Jeonghan said, hugging his new friend goodbye before sending him off. 

"Yeah, you too! And have fun on your date, I want details" Seokmin said, winking towards Jeonghan before wishing the rest of them a good night. 

"I'll see you soon, yeah?" Wonwoo asked, turning his attention from Mingyu to him. 

"Yeah, we'll make plans soon. Good night!!! Get home safe." 

-

"That went well! Seokmin is so nice, too. Wonwoo has great taste in friends." Jeonghan said, smiling as he cleaned up the leftovers from earlier. 

"I don't know about that..." Seungcheol said. "I don't think Seokmin is looking at Wonwoo in the right light right now..."

"What to you mean? He's super nice! He even gave us dating advice" Jeonghan said "He's looking at Wonwoo in the wrong 'light'?" 

"Bro, i'm telling you, he totally has feelings for him. Seokmin just sat there staring at Wonwoo lovingly while we talked about our double date" Seungcheol said, shaking his head. "Just watch him next time, I promise you, you're going to notice it too."

"That's so strange though? He was giving us date ideas and told us that he wanted to hear about it after the date finished. Why would he ask if he liked Wonwoo? Wouldn't that just hurt him more?" Jeonghan asked. 

"Maybe he just wants so be supportive and by doing that he asks quesitons to make the other feel like he's happy for them. He's really nice, so I can see him doing stuff like that." Seungcheol said. 

"Oh" Jeonghan said, pouting. "Well, anyways, I need the TV now. The new episode of Goblin is coming on soon." 

"Yikes. Can we order more food? Mingyu ate all of mine" Seungcheol said, pouting. 

"My credit card it on the counter. Buy some for me too!"

-

"This is the phone number for the "Were the World Mine" musical, coming to an area near you! This is Sooyoung speaking, how may I help you?" 

"Hi!" Seungkwan started "I'm Boo Seungkwan. I auditioned for the lead in the musical premiering June 12th."

"Oh, yes! You were one of the people who had to re-audition, right? What can I do for you?"

"Um...I'm calling to let you guys know that i'm going to resign from that role in the play." 

"You are" The phone operator asked "You're going to let..'Lee Seokmin' Have it?" 

"Yes. I don't think i'm fit for it. Please, though, don't let him know that I stepped down from the role. I'm not sure what the judges were going to pick anyways, but incase it was me, I don't want him to think that he only got it because I resigned." 

"Are you sure? It must have been difficult to get that role..."

"I'm positive" Seungkwan said, sighing.

"Okay...you'll now be playing the best friend to the main character. Is that alright?" 

"Sure!" Seungkwan said, smiling. 

at least i'll still be in it

"Okay. Just to let you know, though, you won the audition the second time around. Have you not resigned, you would have gotten the lead. Knowing that information, does that change your answer?" 

"No" Seungkwan answered firmly "I still want Seokmin to have it." 

"Alright then. The results will be posted on out website by the 29th. I'll be sure to let the directors know about your resignment." 

"Thank you! I'm so sorry if it has caused any trouble for you" 

"can I just ask one thing?" The phone operator asked. 

"Okay..."

"Are you really resigning because you don't fit the role? I've heard both auditions, and both of you guys fit. Is there another reason why you don't want to do it?" 

"Um..lets just say..that I kind of like having Seokmin around..." 

"Oh..okay. Well, have a nice day, I'll have the directors get in touch with you soon!"

I would have gotten the lead?

Well, at least Seokmin will be around more....