Chapter fifteen

Then Came My Cute Fake Boyfriend

Hellooooo i'm back! I think this chapter might be a lil longer but correct me if i'm wrong lol. ANYWAYS my moms out of the hospital so ive had more time to write and my last performance for the musical 'brigadoon' was today ( I played cello in the orchestra!) so i'm very very very very relieved lol. anyways pls enjoy and leave a comment and subscribe pls it means a lot and ily all lolz.

 

 

Chapter 15

"Wait...Seungkwan...he what?!" Hansol asked, sitting up in his seat.

"He...like...kissed me?" Seokmin said. 

The rehearsal after their little 'moment' was probably the most unproductive rehearsal they've ever had.

For one, Seungkwan refused to look Seokmin in the eyes throughout their scenes, keeping his eyes burried in his script. Secondly, Seokmins face had only now gone back to its normal color after it had maintained its red, flushed look throughout the whole rehearsal. 

Seokmin wasn't sure of what to think of Seungkwans actions, whether it was to show Seokmin that he was okay with the scene, or even more. 

Seungkwan had never shown any feelings towards him, so Seokmin knocked out the idea that Seungkwan would ever really like him, but he kept in mind that Seungkwan said that he sort of...wanted to?

Seokmin was lost, basically, and Hansols questioning was just reinforcing how little he understood the meaning behind Seungkwans actions.

"Did he explain why he did it?" Hansol asked. 

Seokmin shook his head, rubbing his temples. 

"I don't know jack , Hansol." He whined "Do you mind asking him for me?"

Hansol shook his head. 

"That's not my job, Seokmin." He said with a smile "You can do it yourself." 

Seokmin shrugged, deciding not to fight with Hansol over that. 

"Plus anyways," Hansol started "You guys are going to have to resolve this before the show. Are you guys going to follow the script, now?" 

"And kiss? No idea.." Seokmin sighed. "It depends on how me and Seungkwan are feeling. If he's uncomfortable with it, i'm not going to pressure him. "

Hansol nodded, returning his attention to his phone. 

"Who're you always texting?" Seokmin asked, glimpsing over Hansol phone. 

"You're doing the same stuff Seungkwan does, you know." Hansol shook his head. "But if you must know, I kind of...sort of...met a girl." 

"You did?!" Seokmin asked "What's her name?" 

"That's not for you to be concerned with, now." He said. "Don't worry though, you'll meet her soon enough."

-

"You're joking, right?!" Seungcheol exclaimed. "Seungkwan did that?" 

"According to Wonwoo, yeah." Jeonghan tsked. "Apperently they're not even looking at each other, now! Isn't that like...sad?" 

"Wait, why aren't they talking to each other? They're not shy, right?" 

Jeonghan nodded. 

"You know what we should do?" Seungcheol spoke up. "We should set them up!"

"Set them up?" Jeonghan asked. "That's kind of weird for us to do, no? I mean...they're not really our friends, they're our friends friends. 

"Well, look at all of the random people we've set up: We set up Wonwoo and Mingyu, we've set up the guy at the grocery store with the girl from the flower shop, hell, we've even dabbled in the senior center when we were volunteering." Seungcheol said. 

"Eh..you're not wrong." Jeonghan shrugged. "We can ask Wonwoo and Mingyu for their schedules. They already know each other, so it's not really a blind date...but by now, i'm sure that Seokmin's aware of Seungkwans feelings."

"so we'll tell them that we're setting them up? " Seungcheol asked. "How'll they respond to that?"

"Probably badly, but..well..they've already kissed. It's not out of the relm of possibilities for them to start dating, anyways." Jeonghan quickly texted Mingyu to ask for Seungkwans schedule.

"Why're you doing that, again?" Seungcheol asked. 

"I've got to see Seungkwans schedule. Don't worry!" Jeonghan said once seeing Seungcheols reaction. "I'll tell him that i'm...like...dropping off a gift! Yeah...and i'll to see his schedule...?" 

"Anybody will be able to tell that you're lying, ." Seungcheol tsked, dodging the pillow that was thrown at him. 

"No they won't! I can be very manipulative, you know." 

-
"You've got rehearsal in 20 minutes, ." Mingyu said, smacking Seungkwan out of his sleep with a pillow. 

"I've called in sick." Seungkwan mumbled, pulling the covers over his head to hide the lights that Mingyu put on. 

"You're not feeling well?" Mingyu asked, putting his pillow down. 

"Yeah, i've got a case of love that i've got to rid myself of." Seungkwan said, this time fully prepared for Mingyu to start hitting him.

"You can't just not go! You're still important, you know. Plus, you've got to face this eventually. You couldn't have expected to kiss Seokmin and then just never discuss it again!" Mingyu exclaimed. 

"Yeah, yeah." Seungkwan said, sitting up in his bed. "I still don't want to go, though. I haven't memorized the song, anyways."

"So memorize it while I drive. I have to go to a job interview anyways so i'll drop you. " Mingyu threw Seungkwans jacket over to him, gesturing to get up. 

"Must we do this?" Seungkwan pouted. "I'm not properly dressed." 

"You have to change when you get there, anyways." Mingyu made his way out of their dormitory, checking behind him every few minutes to make sure that Seungkwan hadn't dipped. 

"I still can't belive that you and Seokmin kissed before me and Wonwoo did..." Mingyu shook his head, turning to Seungkwan.

"Yeah, what's up with that, anyways?" Seungkwan asked. "Can't you just confess to him? It's been over a month, anyways."

"Like you're one to talk! Look at you right now!" Mingyu said "You should know that it's hard."

"Yeah, but the difference is that you and Wonwoo are literally in a relationship! You literally addressed him as your boyfriend! It's not the same becuase Seokmin...like...I don't know."

"I guess.." Mingyu said, getting into his car. "You got your sheet music?"

Seungkwan nodded,holding up his music booklet. 

"Don't turn on the radio, i'll distract me from my singing." Seungkwan said, beginning his warmups. 

As Mingyu drove (and attempted to not crash his car into a wall from Seungkwans singing) he thought about what Seungkwan had said. 

Honestly, Wonwoo and Mingyu basically were dating at this point, and as far as he knew, neither of them were thinking about the end of the year when they'd eventually have to break things off. 

Also, what even happened to the notebook that Mingyu was keeping to schedule out their relationship? Was there no point in keeping track of their relationship anymore?

Mingyu knew by now that he was violating his own rules by not telling Wonwoo about his feelings, but it wasn't like Wonwoo was any better. 

Wonwoo had also promised to tell Mingyu incase he started developing...well...'feelings' but Wonwoo hasn't said jack yet. 

Basically, they're both losers who don't want to admit their feelings. 

"Pull over! The theater is to the left." Seungkwan said, interrupting Mingyus daydreams. 

Mibgyu pulled over, unlocking the door for Seungkwan to exit. 

"Good luck! Be sure to talk to Seokmin about-"

"Not happening, but thank you for your concern." Seungkwan said, flashing him a smile before exiting. 


-

"I can't believe you es kissed before me and Mingyu did." Wonwoo joked, turning towards Seokmin.

"Don't even bring it back up. I still don't understand why he did it, either."

After another awkward rehearsal of Seokmin and Seungkwan advocatly avoiding eachother, Seokmin made his way over to Wonwoos dormitory.

"Why don't you just...ask him? I mean..." Wonwoo started "I'm imagining that Seungkwan like...likes you, no? "

"I don't want to jump to conclusions, though. We're going to have to talk eventually, though. The show's soon..." Seokmin laid down next to Wonwoo, making himself confortable. 

"Yeah, plus you don't want to leave Seoul on a bad note, either. Why don't you go now? " Wonwoo asked, checking the time. "It's not that late-"

Before he could finish though, unexpected (nor wanted) guests arrived into Wonwoos dorm, making themselves home in their "son's " dorm. 

Shah also made himself home, returning to Wonwoo's sock basket to find a chew toy. 

"Hey, we decided to stop by to let you know that we've got a plan to- Seokmin, you're here!" Jeonghan exclaimed. "This is perfect, I have something to tell you, too!"

"You do?" Seokmin asked. "What business do I have in your plans?"

"Yeah.." Wonwoo chimed in "What's he got to do with your...'procedures'? "

"Actually, he's got everything to do with it!" Seungcheol said. "We're setting you up on a date!" 

"A date?" Seokmin asked. "With...with who?" 

"Who do you think, genius? Seungkwan!" 

"You guys are...what?" Wonwoo asked. "Oh, no you're not! You're not going to go around and intervene in thei-"

"All right. What time?" Seokmin asked. 

"I- really?" Jeonghan asked. "I thought i'd have to convince you for longer, but great! Uhm..Seungkwans schedule show's he's free tomorrow after 3:00 PM."

"He doesn't even go to his classes, and after 3:00 PM he's with me at rehearsal till 8:00 PM. " Seokmin said. "Try for after 8:00 PM if you're looking for reservations. "

"Wait, you're going along with this?" Wonwoo asked. "Are you sure?" 

"I don't know, why not try something new, anyways? " Seokmin shrugged. "You guys have my number, right? Text me the details once you talk to Seungkwan, okay?"

-

"So, they're on their date right now?" Mingyu asked "How'd they convince Seungkwan to go through with it?"

"I think Seokmin might've convinced him, I don't know. Seokmin hasn't texted me back since I told him good luck, but I guess no news is good news?" Wonwoo shrugged. "Can you believe it? Seungkwan might actually get his 'manz' or what have you."

"It'll be their first date of many, i'll assume." Mingyu said, "Should we follow them?" 

"What? No! We'll take too much after Jeonghan if we do that!" Wonwoo said, shaking his head. 

"I don't know, i'm kind of curious to see what they're doing. Seungkwan wouldn't tell me where they're going. but he mentioned they were seeing some musical." 

"Exactly, they'll be watching the musical, therefore there's no point in following them." Wonwoo shrugged.

"I guess. " Mingyu sighed, slumping down into his bed. "I start work tomorrow, by the way." 

"Work? Where'd you apply to?" Wonwoo asked. "Don't you have school work to worry about?"

"It's almost the end of the semester, does it really matter?" Mingyu asked. "Also, I work at a convenience store, one by the train station near here?" 

"Oh, that's good. Now you'll have more money to take me on dates, right?" Wonwoo joked.

"Yeah, yeah. Cause that's what's most important." Mingyu got up from his bed to grab his snacks, handing Wonwoo a(n expired) bag of chips. "For now, though, you'll have to deal with eating this." 

"Didn't you like...buy me a bracelet after meeting me for three days? Where'd that money come from, then?"

"That's different, I had a job at the time, but then I quit cause...well...well technically I was fired but I wanted to quit because my boss was mean." 

"Oh..well then spend your first pay check on me, then."  Wonwoo said, laying down on Seungkwans bed. 

"I'll plan our next date, by the way. " Mingyu said "Now that i'm the one who makes the money, i'll decide where we go!" 

Wonwoo shrugged, agreeing to Mingyus plans. 

After a few hours, Wonwoo decided to go back to his dormitory, missing his own bed too much. 

"I'll walk you to your car, okay?" Mingyu asked, putting on his jacket. 

Wonwoo nodded, making his way out of Mingyus dormitory. 

Once arriving to the guest parking lot, though, Wonwoos thoughts on leaving were interrupted by the couple a few cars away from him, who were talking, and better yet, holding hands!

"Is that..." Mingyu whispered over, starring down the couple. 

That's not...Seokmin and Seungkwan?

-

"I'm still confused, so Fiona wakes up and gets together with Tommy in the end?" Seungkwan asked. 

"I think? Also, what happened to Jeff?" Seokmin shook his head "Did Tommy just leave him in Scottland to go Brigadoon?" 

"I have no idea...the orchestra was really good, though!" Seungkwan said, making his way towards Seokmins car. "We're getting food now?"

"Sure, if you're in the mood." Seokmin shrugged. "Did you have fun?"

"On this date?" Seungkwan asked. "Yeah...did you?" 

"Well, despite the fact that I was confused..yeah! I really did..." Seokmin refocused his attention to the road. "I really hope you don't think this was forced or that I was dragged into this..."

"I don't. Honestly, I thought I was the one who was pressuring you, not the other way around." Seungkwan shrugged. 

"Well...you were the reason why Jeonghan wanted to set us up, but I was kind of planning on asking you out on a date, anyways.."

"You were?" Seungkwan asked. "Why?"

"I don't know, why do people ask others on dates?" Seokmin asked. "Well, mainly I just wanted to know if there was any deeper meaning behind...what you did. But I also just wanted to see if there was anything...here..you know, between 'us'."

"Yeah, but...what happened to Wonwoo?" Seungkwan asked. "I thought that you like...liked him?"

"Yeah, but as far as i'm concerned, they're not breaking off their relationship anytime soon, right? There's no point in trying to chase him when I can just...not bother. He's very, very into the relationship he's got going on with Mingyu, anyways." Seokmin pulled into the parking lot to a chinese takeout resturant. 

"Yeah, I guess...but with Wonwoo out of your mind, where do I stand?" 

"Where do you stand?" Seokmin asked. "Well...I don't know. I mean, I could see us starting a relationship- if that's what you want, of course. But if you're not interested-"

"I am." Seungkwan said. "I'm not against that at all...that's kind of what i've been trying to get at, you know."

"Well then..." Seokmin started "I don't have a bracelet to give you, unlike Mingyu's booshie , but uh..." He proceeded to hand Seungkwan a box of fried rice. "Do you...like...want to-"

"Yes!" Seungkwan exclaimed "I-i mean..yeah. Totally."

 

And thus, on June 4th, Seungkwan finally got his wishes.