Chapter eleven

Then Came My Cute Fake Boyfriend

 

OMG AN UPDATE??? this chapter is grossly short my apologies but omggg the next chapter is gonna be the date!!! but uh i might upload a oneshot so the next chapter might not be for another two weeks...its a meanie one shot that i wanna try out...ya....BUT ANYWAYS ILY ALL FOR SUPPORTING THIS FIC ALSO PLS COMMENT BC I READ THEM LOL anyways: 

 

Chapter 11

Wonwoo scrolled through countless websites trying to find a good place to spend next Saturday with Mingyu. 

He had a good idea of what he wanted to do to celebrate one month of fooling Seungcheol and Jeonghan, but he was stuck when it came to finding a place that executed all of the elements that he wanted. 

He knew that it'd have to be somewhere formal due to Seungcheol and Jeonghan wanting pictures, but he didn't want it so fancy that even Wonwoo himself wasn't sure if they were fake dating anymore.

Actually, to be honest, Wonwoo wasn't entirely sure what their relationship was anymore.

What once was a beautiful, scripted relationship created solely to prove a point to their friends suddenly became so much more after only three weeks.

Not to say that Wonwoo was in love or whatnot, but he wasn't exactly in it for the aspect of 'Fooling Dumb and Dumber and teach them a lesson' anymore. 

He didn't even think about the plan anymore, but of course, how would Mingyu feel if he found out that Wonwoo was no longer acting because of the script that they planned?

They already made an agreement to breakup if one of them ended up liking the other, but....could Wonwoo really tell Mingyu that now? They were too deep in the relationship to break it off, not to mention that Seokmin and Mingyu have developed a weird, mutual connection to each other through Wonwoo and Seungkwan, so it'd be pretty awkward if he and Seokmin were hanging out as he was texting his ex-boyfriend. 

Honestly, Wonwoo questioned how unlucky he had to be to have a friend who somehow knew literally everyone. 

He didn't even know how Seokmin knew Hansol, but that was beside the point.


Wonwoo decided on a resturant a half-hour from Mingyus campus where he and Mingyu could quickly run off to.

He was originally going to do a city date, but he figured that Mingyu had had enough of the city for awhile after Seokmin made them tourists in their own city.

Wonwoo also decided on going to the dog park near the resturant since Mingyu liked dogs more than he liked Wonwoo (probably). 

"hey, i'm reserving something for Saturday at 2:00 PM, okay?" 
-Wonwoo

"Yeah, thats okay. Can I ask what we're doing or is it such a suprise that I can't know?"
-Mingyu

"We're going to a resturant and then somewhere else. Dress fancy (but not too fany cause u know I wasn't about to spent big bucks on a resturant for a fake relationship lmaoo)
-Wonwoo

"So i bought you a custom bracelet after like three days of knwoing you cause I wanted this relationship to be realistic but u cant spend money on our food??? smh y u like this"
-Mingyu

"Shh its not only that im cheap ok i got something for us to do after we eat. you're gonna enjoy it but u know its not something that u should do in a formal suit a feel??? also this resturant is like three hundred ur welcome"
-Wonwoo

"iTs NoT a FaNcY rEsTuRaNt WHAT DO YOU CONSIDER FANCY THEN DAMN THATS MAD CASH WHERE U GET THAT FROM"
-Mingyu

"Dont worry about it anyways come dressed nicely on saturday ok if u need help with an outfit ask seungkwan ok"
-Wonwoo

"Im offended you'd say that i cant dress myself but ok see u saturday boo"
-Mingyu


Wonwoo went for a walk after booking his reservations, deciding to stretch his legs after a good two hours of them being stuck under his laptop, making his over to Jeonghan and Seungcheols dorm.

Wonwoo really wasn't sure what they were waiting for when it came to studying, since they only had a few months left and they spent their days lounging around, ignoring their homework that was piling up long with the upcoming event of them having to empty out their dorm soon.


"So...do you plan on actually studying for your exams...?" Wonwoo asked, scanning over the piles of clothing that covered their study desks.

"We have so much time!" Jeonghan shook his head, pausing his episode of Voltron to look up at Seungcheol. "Isn't that right?"

"Yeah, plus we technically have out jobs set for us when we leave!" 

That was true, as Seungcheol and Jeonghan did apply for jobs a few months ago, but where were they planning on living?!

"Yeah, but...." Wonwoo decided to just ignore it, sitting down next to Seungcheol. 

"Did you reserve the resturant yet?" Seungcheol asked "I'll help you pay incase of anything!"

"I did, also why would I take your money?" Wonwoo questioned. "It's not like you're my parents..."

"Yes we are!" Jeonghan exclaimed "You know this already!" 

"Yeah, yeah.." Wonwoo shook his head, grabbing Seungcheols TV remote to resume Jeonghans episode of Voltron.

-

Seokmin came home to Hansols apartment after rehearsal and god damn was he tired.

I mean, he was struggling to keep up with the demands that came with the lead role, but now he had to deal with studying for the inevitable exams that were coming up shortly, and Seungkwan wasn't making life any easier.

Seokmin and Seungkwan were way closer than Seokmin would have thought, especially since Seokmins first impression of Seungkwan was that he was a role-stealer, but their relationship slowly bloomed into something Seokmin would have never thought.

The only problem though, was that Seungkwan has apperently never heard of the concept of 'personal space', as Seungkwan wanted to hang out almost all day everyday.

"When you're done, you wanna catch a movie?" Seungkwan asked, looking up from his cellphone "I have the times right here on when we can go"

"I'm not sure I can..." Seokmin said, gesturning towards his homework "I have to watch the video lesson and then do the homework that goes with it." He sighed, slumping down into his seat.

"Don't you think you should take a break, though?" Seungkwan got up from his seat to sit down next to Seokmin at Hansols dining room table.

"I don't have the time for that" Seokmin eyed the time, hoping that it'd be a good hour for him to suggest Seungkwan to leave.

"Yeah, but-"

"Seungkwan" Seokmin interupted "I'm sorry, but I really need to focus, and...you're kind of distracting me...It's getting late and Mingyu might start to worry..."

"oh" Seungkwan said, getting up from his spot "Sorry for bothering you...I guess"

"I'll see you tomorrow, okay?" Seokmin said "On Saturday we can catch a movie and go out for food."

"Yeah, sure" Seungkwan said, his monotone voice not at all matching his words. 

Seungkwan quickly exited Hansols apartment, not wanting to bother Seokmin much longer.

good going, Seokmin. He's all pissed off now...

Seokmin sighed, deciding to face the consequences of his words later. 

He was too busy with his work, anyways. He knew that he shouldn't feel bad for telling Seungkwan that he didn't have time for him due to homework, but...

He still felt oddly weird about feeling bad for letting Seungkwan leave with that attitude.

"Hey" Hansol started, entering the kitchen after his afternoon nap. "Where'd Seungkwan go?" He asked.

"He left about an hour ago.." Seokmin said "I kind of told him to leave..."

"Really?" Hansol questioned "Why?"

"I don't know. I couldn't focus on my work and he wouldn't stop talking...I think he took it too personally, though."

"Yeah, he does that...don't feel bad about it though" Hansol poured himself a glass of water, sitting down next to Seokmin. "It's not like you attacked him for being annoying in general, you just couldn't focus on your work, right?"

"Yeah, but I still feel bad.." Seokmin got up from his seat, stretching out his legs.

"For prioritizing your homework over your friend?" Hansol asked "You're around him all day when you're at rehearsals. If he's going to over that then i'm not sure what to say..."

"I guess..." He sat back down, resuming his video lesson.

"Well, I can talk to him if you want.." Hansol suggested.

"No, don't. I don't want him to think that i've been complaining about him.." 

Hansol shrugged, taking a place on his couch. "I'm here to rant if you need me"

Seokmin nodded before refocusing his attention on his screen.

who gives a about quadratic equations?

He called it an early night after another hour of studying, sending out an apology text to Seungkwan before falling asleep.

-

"You're back so early?" Mingyu asked, diverting his attention from his homework to the sulking man before him.

"yeah, Seokmin was too busy with 'homework' or whatever" He scoffed, taking his place underneath his sheets.

"You're upset that he had work to do?" Mingyu asked.

"Not just that, but he said that I was a distraction and that I was annoying!" He complained, burrying himself into his pillows.

"Did he use those exact words...?" Mingyu questioned.

"Well..no..but he didn't need to!" Seungkwan said "His tone said it all!"

"Seungkwan.." Mingyu started "You do realize that you're around him almost all day..." 

"And? He should be cherishing every moment the same way I do!" Seungkwan exclaimed.

"Dude, Seokmin doesn't have time for a relationship right now. I highly doubt he is even interested in anybody" Mingyu said. 

"Yes! Seokmin likes-" Seungkwan paused. 

you can't tell him that dimwit

"-a guy from his hometown..."

"Well, then he's not interested in you in that way at all then!" Mingyu tsked.

Seungkwan sighed, pulling his phone out of his pocket to apologize to Seokmin for his attitude, surprised to see that Seokkmin had beat him to it.

"Are you upset with me?"
-Cute Boy Seokmin

"I'm really sorry if it seemed like i didn't want you around, i just had mad homework to do..."
-Cute Boy Seokmin

"Hey..don't worry about it. i'm sorry for getting upset about something that you can't help. i shouldnt get mad at you putting academics first ig. lets do your idea and hang out on Saturday, okay?"
-Seungkwannie

"Me and him are going out on Saturday, okay?" Seungkwan said, turning towards Mingyus desk.

"That's fine. Me and Wonwoo have our 'anniversary' date anyways" Mingyu shrugged. 

"Oh, the anniversary for a fake relationship?" Seungkwan asked.

"Yup" Mingyu said "A whole month of fooling Seungcheol and Jeonghan!"

"You don't feel bad about it at all?" Seungkwan asked.

"Yah" Mingyu said "You don't feel bad about making Seokmin feel like for studying?"

Seungkwan sighed, deciding to call it an early night.

He actually had to attend class tomorrow for updates on when their final exam was going to be, so it wasn't going to be in anyones favor to ditch.

"I'm going to bed, okay? Have fun on your date with Wonwoo- Seokmin said that he spent so much on it"

"Yeah, Wonwoo said he was spending $300 on the resturant" Mingyu pouted "I don't know why he's spending so much"

"Didn't you buy him a custom made bracelet as a way of asking him out...three days after meeting him?" 

"Yeah, but...it's different..." Mingyu shook his head, deciding to not question Wonwoos plans in his head. "Going to sleep early tonight, huh?"

"Mrs. Cratchie is giving us the dates for our music final tomorrow. After that i'm free to lounge around all day" Seungkwan shrugged. "Goodnight!"

"Night" Mingyu turned back to his computer, refocusing his attention to his Japanese video lesson.

Well, it wasn't really a lesson, it was a video that could help him with his Japanese skills.

Well, technically speaking it was Anime that he was binging, but that's not important....

-

Saturday arrived soon enough, meaning that it was the day that Wonwoo and Mingyu were going to have to do the most when it came to their fake relationship. 

Wonwoo already had an outfit picked out (he had to text Seungkwan last night but...) and he had Jeonghan go to the florist to pick out some flowers for Mingyu.

Luckily for Wonwoo, Jeonghans friend, Jihoon, owned the Floral Shop, so he ended up getting a discount for the roses that he ordered.

"Are you all set for your date?" Seungcheol asked, helping Wonwoo with his tie.

"I don't need help!" He exclaimed, earning disapproving looks from his parents- I MEAN from Seungcheol and Jeonghan. "But yes, I've got everything that I need..."

"I'm so proud of you!" Jeonghan exclaimed, pulling out his phone to snap some photos of his 'handsome man'.

"Guys, I really have to get going soon" Wonwoo eyed the time and sighed.

It was 1:04PM and he needed to get Mingyu to the resturant by 2:00 PM.

"Why'd you choose such an early time?" Seungcheol asked "Wouldn't it be better to have a anniversary dinner instead?"


"We're going somewhere else after, that's why." Wonwoo shrugged, grabbing his wallet and keys to get going.

"Where are you guys going?" Jeonghan asked.

"Why do you ask?" Asked Wonwoo "So you can follow us?"

"N-no" Jeonghan stuttered "I was just curious..."

Wonwoo scofted, pulling out his phone to show them him plans.

"We're starting off at the resturant because I know Mingyu well enough to know that he'll want food first. After that, we're going to a dog park near by the resturant.."

Seungcheol nodded, grabbing his backpack from Wonwoos bed. 

"I'd better get going, me and Jeonghan have plans tonight, anyways"

"We do?" Jeonghan asked, turning to Seungcheol.

"Yeah..remember..the plans?" Seungcheol stared at Jeonghan with wide eyes.

"..Oh yeah!" Jeonghan nodded his head, going along with Seungcheols bit.

Not that Wonwoo didn't susspect them in the slightest, but he had a date to attend and was already running late.

"I'm sorry i'm running late, i'll be there in a few, okay?"
-Wonwoo

"Yeah, you better hurry...Seungkwan wants to say a few words to you before we go..."
-Mingyu

"Why?! The does he want i thought he and seokmin had plansss"
-Wonwoo

"Actually...Seokmin is here rn..."
-Mingyu

Wonwoo sighed, contemplating on just crashing his car right then and now.

Not that Wonwoo had anything against Seungkwan, but he knew that whatever he had to say was going to take a good ten minutes to sit down and listen to.

Also, why was Seokmin there?!

Wonwoo decided to ignore it, focusing on the time and god he was gonna be late for the reservations. 

Wonwoo quickly parked his car in the guest parking section of the school and hurried to Mingyu's dormitory.

"Took you long enough" Seungkwan said upon Wonwoo's arrival, tsking at his lateness.

"I'm sorry, Seungcheol and Jeonghan kept me back." Wonwoo sat down on Mingyus bed, waving over to Seokmin.

"Excuses, excuses, excuses" Seungkwan shook his head. "So! Where are you and Mingyu headed today?" 

"Uh.." Wonwoo started "Didn't I text this information to you last ni-"

"That's beside the point!" He exclaimed, efficiently shutting Wonwoo up. "Seokmin needs to know too!"

"Actually" Seokmin interrupted "He told me last night" He smiled over to Wonwoo.

Seungkwan glared at Seokmin (something he'd never do normally, but..) before deciding to give up his act.

He walked over to the bathroom door, calling out to Mingyu that he was free to leave.

"D-did they put you in the bathroom to hide?" Wonwoo asked.

Mingyu grabbed Wonwoos hand before speeding out of his dormitory.

"Yeah..They didn't want me to be around to stop them from questioning you or something" He shook his head, taking the passengers seat in Wonwoo's car.

"Well, uh.." Wonwoo started "..At least now they're gone?"

Mingyu nodded his head in agreement, sighing deeply as he slumped down in his seat.

"We'll reach the resturant shortly, okay?" Wonwoo informed, keeping his eye on his GPS.

Mingyu nodded, scrolling through his phone. 

"Seungkwans been texting me non-stop since we left" Mingyu said.

"Texting you what?" Wonwoo asked. 

"Asking me what time we'll be back, what we're going to do, etc." 

"He already knows what we're doing, though." Wonwoo muttered. "Let him know we'll be back around 6:00 PM or so, depending on if we want to eat again or not."

"If we eat again, around what time will we be back?" 

"Hm..about 6:45 PM or so?" 

Mingyu nodded, letting Seungkwan know the details that he was oh-so desperate for.

The rest of the ride was spent trashing their professors for bombarding them with unnecessary amounts of homework that benefitted nobody, up until Wonwoo saw the resturant in the distance.

alright, time to act as couple-like as possible

Little did Wonwoo know, that wouldn't difficult for either of them.