Chapter seventeen

Then Came My Cute Fake Boyfriend

'HELLO IM BACK hi uh this chapter is something else uH yall were kinda like 'stfu about seungkwan and seokmin' (NOT IN THOSE WORDS yall are so sweet sugarcoating it aweee) but uh yeah i tried to add more meanie??? also okay so updating is going to be a little bit hard soon, cause ive got exams soon like all throughout May, so my updating schedule (not that i have one but i try to update roughtly every week) is gonna be more screwed up than before, so uh.....my apologies lolololol. Anyways pls subscribe and comment ig....tbh though, when the school year ends, i might end this fic, too. The whole plot is kinda done, but i cant end the fic without the musical, without the new jeonghan/seungcheol thing, also they havent kissd yet so i gotta get that done. but uh...yeah tytytytyty so much for subscribing i love u all and uh yeah maya <3 u (thats my name lol)

 

 

Chapter 17

Wonwoo didn't think there'd be a whole lot of a difference after he'd confessed, but the weight that was lifted off of his chest was already a big enought change, not to mention that he wouldn't have to feel bad for enjoying the feeling of holding hands with Mingyu. 

Even just being in Mingyu's presence was so much more relaxing, which was weird because Wonwoo never noticed how tense he seemed to be around him until stress was gone. 

"You haven't stopped smiling since the covenience store, you know." Mingyu noted, skimming through the menu given to him. 

"Neither have you." Wonwoo tsked. "Why are you bothering to flip through the menu? You're going to order the same thing, anyways."

"Maybe so, but I still want to look through my options." Mingyu hummed. "So, tell me." Mingyu disgarded the menu "When did you realize that you liked me?" 

"I don't know..." Wonwoo muttered, covering his face with his menu. "Maybe...when I was writing in my journal that-"

"You have a journal?!" Mingyu exclaimed "That's adorable." He cooed, smiling as redness began to creep up Wonwoo's cheeks.

"T-that's not your business." Wonwoo sighed. "Anyways, when I was writing...I don't know. Something clicked." He shrugged, sipping his soft drink. "How about you?"

"Me? Probaby the day we decided to fool Seungcheol. Well, I knew that I liked you, but as a friend, you feel?" Mingyu folded his hands over his lap. "Later on, though, my feelings got sorted out...sometime around the time you and I went out with Seungcheol and Jeonghan? You were wearing a suit, I think."

"You liked the suit? I thought it was ugly, but if you like it..." Wonwoo trailed off as their waitress came. 

They spent the rest of the night teasing each other, but they knew that this was only the calm before the storm. 

"Are we going to tell Seungcheol and Jeonghan, now?" Wonwoo asked, starting up his car.

"About how we made a plan to trick them into thinking that we were dating but our plan failing because their plan to set us up ended up working? I don't know...they might get mad. We should probably thank them, though..." Mingyu shuddered. 

Mingyu knew very well that Seungcheol and Jeonghan were going to get overly emotional over their 'son' thanking them, and Mingyu was not here for that. 

"We've also got to tell Seungkwan and Seokmin, right?" Mingyu asked. "I haven't told them anything, yet..."

"Neither have I, but they've been waiting for us to get together, you know." Wonwoo made his way into the student parking to his school. "Let's do Jeonghan and Seungcheol, first. Get it out of the way, I guess."

Mingyu nodded, making his way towards their dorms. "You've got a key?"

"No, but they're in their dorm, I think." Wonwoo shrugged. 

They made their way towards their dorm, hand-in-hand, until they reached.

"Wonwoo!" Seungcheol exclaimed upon their arrival. "What are you doing here at-" he checked the time "-11:23? It's late!" 

"Well..." Wonwoo started "Me and Mingyu just wanted to say...thank you?" Wonwoo trailed off. 

"Thank you?" Jeonghan asked, peering through the door. "For what?"

"For..setting us up...?" Mingyu said, lowering his head. "We appreciate it..."

"Are you guys drunk?" Seungcheol asked, dragging them into his dorm. "What's wrong?"

"Let me get them a head compress, they must be sick." Jeonghan said, sitting them down onto their couch.  "You see what happens when you stay out too late?" He scolded. 

"What?" Wonwoo asked. "No! We just wanted to thank you, that's all."

"We're not drunk, we just came back from a date, okay?" Mingyu sighed, rubbing his temples.

"You mean..." Jeonghan started "You really appreciate what we did? And you've come to your senses to thank us?" 

"Yeah...we're very happy and we wanted to thank you." Mingyu said. 

It was hard to tell whether they were actually crying or whether it was only fake tears that the duo were producing, but never-the-less, Jeonghan proceeded to grab the closest box of kleenex that he could put his hands on before wiping his 'tears'.

"You really mean that?" Seungcheol asked. 

Wonwoo nodded, getting up from their couch. "We've got to go now, though. So uh...goodnight..." Wonwoo tried his best to keep distance from them, but before Wonwoo could get past their living room, he found  himself engulfed in Seungcheols arms. 

"You really do love us!" He said. 

"Yeah, yeah." Wonwoo tried once more to put distance between him and Seungcheol, but Jeonghan decided to join in, too. 

"You're sufocating me." Wonwoo managed to force Seungcheol off of him before making a run over to their door. "Mingyu, we've got to go before Seungkwan kills us for waking him up."

"Agreed." Mingyu forced himself off of Jeonghans oddly comfortable couch, making his way over to Wonwoo. 

"Be safe, and don't catch a cold." Jeonghan scolded. "Nevermind that it's June, 60 degrees is still cold!"

-

"How are you, my sugar plum yuppy yuppy yuppy?" Seungkwan asked, pinching Seokmins cheeks. 

"I'm good, my sweetie pie honey bear." Seokmin cooed.

"Can y'all not do that in front of me?" Hansol asked, dodging the literal textbook thrown at him. "It's nasty."

"Shut up! You're ruining our relationship just by talking." Seungkwan said, before returning his attention to Seokmin. "Have you heard back from Mingyu yet?"

"No, but he texted me saying he's got something to tell me." Seokmin shrugged. 

"Did he say if it was anything big?" Seungkwan questioned. "I'm still waiting for those two to stop being stupid, you know." He tsked. 

As Seungkwan said that, the door to his dormitory swung open as Wonwoo and Mingyu made their way back in. 

"We're back." Mingyu muttered, replacing his shoes for house shoes. 

"Yeah, we can see that." Seungkwan said, sitting up from his bed. "What's so important, now?"

"We've got big news!" Mingyu said. 

"Yeah, what is it?" Hansol asked. 

"Guess!" Wonwoo said. 

"Oh, y'all are dating now, right?" Seokmin asked.

"Uh...yeah." Mingyu said. "Isn't it exciting?"

"Not really. Anyways!" Seungkwan quickly changed the topic to something that interested him. "Did you guys order your tickets to 'Were the world mine', yet?"

"Wait-" Mingyu interrupted. "You guys don't care?" He asked. 

"Yeah, we were to excited to tell you!" Wonwoo pouted, sitting down next to Seokmin. 

"We been knew that you guys liked each other." Hansol shrugged. "It's not a suprise."

"Yeah, but..." Mingyu trailed off, joining Wonwoo on his bed. "I've still got to order my tickets."

"Well, what're you waiting for?" Seungkwan asked. "Hurry up! They're selling fast, you know."

"People can't get enough of the gays." Seokmin shrugged. 

"I've had enough of the gays." Hansol said, raising his hand.

"Nobody asked you, hetero." Seungkwan chided. "Also, who's the girl you've been texting?"

"Not your business?" Hansol asked, getting up from the floor. "I'm going to get ready for bed, okay?"

"You're sleeping over?" Mingyu asked. "Are you too, Seokmin?"

"Of course he is!" Seungkwan exclaimed. "Tell your boyfriend to sleep over."

"I would, but I have an early class." Wonwoo pouted, checking the time. "Actually, I should probably get a move on." 

"I'll walk you back to your car, then." Mingyu offered. 

"Don't be too long, the security guard yelled at us." Seungkwan claimed. 

"Yeah, well that's what happens when you spend ten minutes saying goodbye to each other." Hansol said. 

"Shut up and go back to texting your girlfriend." Seungkwan tsked. 

"What's her name, anyways?" Seokmin asked. 

"I'll tell you when Seungkwan's not around." Hansol replied. "He's gonna somehow find her and stalk her."

"Excuse me?!" Seungkwan yelled, "I'm going to find her either way, you might as well just fess up." 

Hansol shrugged, returning his attention to his phone. 

"And on that note, let's go." Mingyu muttered.

-

"You know, we're going to be great parents one day." Jeonghan sighed, sitting down next to his fiance with his green tea. "Once we get married, that is." 

"Yeah, yeah." Seungcheol shrugged. "You haven't told anybody yet, right?"

"No, the ring is somewhere in my night dresser." Jeonghan said, reaching over Seungcheols shoulder to grab their remote. "We'll tell them after we graduate, right?"

"Of course, but we'll have to wait awhile for the wedding, till we're financially stable, right?"

"Well yeah, but let's not wait too long, now." Jeonghan pouted. "I get paid decently from my job, and same to you."

Seungcheol nodded, waving Shah over to join them. "When's your mom coming back, again?"

"No idea, she said next week, but she said that last week, too." Jeonghan frowned. "I don't even know where she is, to be honest."

"So we're just watching her dog without any context on when she'll be back?" Seungcheol asked. 

"Yeah, pretty much." Jeonghan shrugged, patting Seungcheol's leg. "I'm ready for bed, now."

"Already? It's only 3:00 AM." Seungcheol said glumly. "We still have packing to do, too."

"And we've got to make sure our graduation gowns fit." Jeonghan sighed. "We really should have done this sooner, huh."

"It's not our faults we were busy....watching voltron...right?" Seungcheol shook his head. "We'll just tell Wonwoo and Mingyu to help us."

"Yeah, we didn't have kids so that they could be lazy like us." Jeonghan agreed. "Plus, I don't know what's struck them, but they're all cute now! They were never like this before."

"Also, i'm so happy that Seokmin found somebody else. It was sad watching him get his heart broken." Seungcheol smiled. "Of course, though, being the talented matchmakers that we are and all, we managed to save him from that heartbreak."

"I still doubt your theory, but I agree that they would be so alone without each other." Jeonghan said. "We've got to plan a triple date, soon. We can announce our engagement then!"

Seungcheol nodded, hastly forcing himself off of their couch. "Let's sleep early, we've got lots to do tomorrow."

-

"You look stupid smiling like that, you know." Seungkwan said, groaning as he forced his face into his textbook.

Should Seungkwan have studied and not skipped class throughout the year? Yes. But here he was, a week before the final exam, finally getting his head out of his . 

"At least I didn't wait till finals were a week away before reviewing." Mingyu shrugged. "How're you going to balance finals and music?"

" finals. When I do this show, es will be begging me to be on broadway." Seungkwan waved Mingyu away. "Plus, i've got nothing better to do. Seokmin's reviewing for his finals, although he's got to wait until the show's done."

"What will you do when he moves back?" Mingyu asked. "He's not coming back until he graduates."

"I don't know, but whatever we decide to do, it'll totally work out. Plus, during breaks we can visit each other." Seungkwan closed his textbook, deciding that sleep was much better than passing his classes. "Oh, Jeonghan wants to plan some triple date bull. You down?"

"A triple date?" Mingyu asked. "But...don't they have other things to do?" 

"I don't know. I'm not down for it, either, but they set us up so...i'm kind of in debt to them." Seungkwan sighed. "Plus I have to plan that trip, too."

"Trip?" Mingyu asked. "What trip are you-"

Before he could delve into it, though, his boss called, reminding him that his shift started ten minutes ago. 

"You're really a , you know." Seungkwan shook his head. "You're gonna get fired, again."

"I'm so useful, though." Mingyu said as he rushed to get his work attire on. "At least I have a job." 

"Hey!" Seungkwan exclaimed. "You think i'm doing this musical for free?"

"You barely get paid." Mingyu uttered. 

"Yeah, yeah. Well, buy us dinner tonight, then, since you're so rich, apperently." 

-

"Why're they summoning us to their dorm, again?" Wonwoo asked, rubbing his temples. "It's too early for this ."

To be honest, it was actually like 11:00 AM, so it wasn't that bad, but...

"They've probably got more stuff for us to sort." Mingyu tsked. "Don't they know that we have finals to study for?"

"How would they know? Finals aren't a concern for them." Wonwoo shook his head. "They stay in their dorms all day when they're off from work, now."

"How to they balance their daytime job with the job they have on campus?" Mingyu asked. "They only have that nice dormitory because they work here, right?"

"Oh, they stopped doing their job like a month ago. " Wonwoo shrugged. "They still get paid, though." 

Mingyu nodded, making his way towards their dorm. "They said they would have boxes for us outside, already."

"Why outside?" Wonwoo asked. "They're helping too, right?"

"Aren't they at work, though?" Mingyu asked. "It's only Wednesday. Jeonghan's still at the kindergarten, and Seungcheol's...well...I don't even know what he does."

", you're right." Wonwoo groaned. "You mean we gotta do this work ourselves?" 

"Relax, it probably won't be too bad." Mingyu hushed. 

He was wrong.

"Did they empty out their whole ing dormitory or something?" Mingyu exclaimed, scanning over everything that the duo left for them."Why's Shah outside, too?" 

Shah was tied to the door knob, with a note on her leash instructing Wonwoo to keep him in his dorm.

"These es are looking to catch these hands, apperently." Wonwoo sighed. "As much as I don't want to do this though, they're going to get in trouble if we leave this stuff out." 

"Let's start with the heavy stuff first then." Mingyu said. "Like that...what is that?" Mingyu pointed over to Jeonghans favorite lamp, which apperently wasn't appealing to him.

"The ugly lamp?" Wonwoo asked "They got it for like $90 at an antique store called 'precious moments'. "

"What were they doing there?" Mingyu asked. 

"The dormitory came with a squishy seat, like the seats that elderly people use, but Jeonghan said that when he needed to go number two, it felt like he was -"

"Nevermind, then." Mingyu interrupted. "I'll bring that and a few other boxes to the storage place, while you bring Shah and his stuff to your dorm, okay?"

"We're splitting up?" Wonwoo pouted. "I thought we were working together."

"Oh, how cute."Mingyu cooed. "But no, somebody will notice this crap and call security, so we've got to move fast."

Wonwoo nodded, releasing Shah from his spot. "He must be famished, being there for so long."

"Leave him some food and then come back to get more stuff. We'll be finished in about an hour, hopefully." Mingyu said, making his way towards his car. "We'll get lunch after this, before my class, okay?"

Wonwoo nodded, leading Shah back to his dorm.

this better not eat my socks again.