Chapter twelve

Then Came My Cute Fake Boyfriend

Lol i havent posted in a hot minute yikes. I've been busy with school work and SAT prep (lmao killmyself) but uh..update! Sorry this like,,,...but hey things are getting real between seungkwan and seokmin yikes!!! also if u get the anime/indian movie reference lol @ u i relate im listening to K3G soundtrack rn kajol ily.

 

Anyways:

 

Chapter 12

Mingyu never felt as out of place before as he did now that he was finally seated at the overly-priced resturant that Wonwoos booshie decided was a good idea for an anniversary  date.

Mingyu knew he should be grateful that Wonwoo didn't decide on Mc Donalds as their dining option, but he also knew that he'd literally rather be in the midst of shoving his face with chinese food than be seated at this resturant.

Maybe it wouldn't have been as bad had it not been for everyone around them talking in whispers, and the portions of the food being a bare minimum.

"This is the main course?" He asked the waitress, looking down at his 'Chicken Cordon Bleu I' with a displeased look.

Salad was essencially the only thing on the plate, with only a few pieces of whatever was supposed to be the main meal scattered around. 

"Well, sir, your date ordered for the food to come out in courses. You still have three more to go..."

That should have relieved Mingyu, but the previous courses were finished within a minute, so Mingyu wasn't exactly expecting a whole lot.

"What are the other courses coming?" Wonwoo asked.

"Well' The waitress started "The next three courses will consist of one salmon poke bowl with a light drizzling of black vinegar, sesame oil, and red onions; and the other two will be dessert courses."

Wonwoo nodded his head, returning his attention to Mingyu, who looked, well, not happy. 

"Why'd you choose this resturant again?" He whispered over to Wonwoo.

Wonwoo shrugged 

"It's close to the other place that i'm planning to take you. But cheer up, if the next meal isn't filling enough, we'll stop and get food before we go."

Mingyu nodded, deciding to keep his hopes up. 

maybe the next course won't be made for rabbits this time

But of course, the Poke bowl came in a small ramekin rimmed with sesame seads, and naturally, there were greens at the bottom of the dish.

Wonwoo grinned at the look on Mingyus face upon seeing the small ramekin placed in front of him.

"Just out of curiosity, how much did you pay for this resturant?" Mingyu asked.

"Didn't I tell you already through text message?" Wonwoo asked.

"Yes, but I refuse to believe that you paid $300 for this" Mingyu poked around at his poke bowl (u see what i did there lol) as his disapointment began to grow.

"You're the one who got all upset about me not picking a fancy place to go to" Wonwoo shrugged.

"By fancy I mean Shake Shack, not this place!" 

"Mingyu, how would Seungcheol and Jeonghan react to me bringing you to shake shack on our anniverasy?"

Mingyu sighed, thinking to the reactions that Seungcheol.

The dessert came a few minutes later, and Mingyu was ashamed to say that he actually enjoyed the last two courses.

They were small, of course, but they were better than all of the other foods combined.

"Do you still want to go get food?" Wonwoo asked, checking his phone for the time "We have a few minutes to spare."

"Nah, we'll do that after." Mingyu made his way into the passengers seat, getting himself ready for his next surprise.

"Wow, you're refusing food now?" Wonwoo joked, getting himself settled down in his car.

Mingyu shrugged, checking his phone to see if Seungkwan updated him on his little 'date' with Seokmin.

"sIS YOU WONT BELIVE WHAT JUST HAPPENED HHHH'
- Queen Boo

"What's wrong now?"
-Min Min

"Wrong??? NAH SIS ok u know how like ok in the script for the musical like seokmin is my best friend but like I become gay when he spray me with the gay flower?"
-Queen Boo

"Flower? What's this play even about? But go on..."
-Min Min

"SIS WHEN SEOKMIN LIKE  MAKES ME LIKE BECOME GAY ok like when me turn gay like me and him like....you know...."
-Queen Boo

"OH FOR GODS SAKE YOU'RE NOT ING ON THE STAGE RIGHT?"
-Min Min

"NO OMG i wish tho BUT WE LIKE KISS???
-Queen Boo

"Really? ITS LIT LMAO howd seokmin react?"
-Min Min

"I'm not sure...he read the script last night, but he said he started laughing the second he saw it...yikes lmao"
-Queen Boo

"ifinioeoej THATS NOT HOW HE'S SUPPOSED TO REACT can i tell wonwoo hes in the car rn probably mad that im on my phone buttttttt"
-Min Min

"yes omg maybe seokmin texted him all excited!!!"
-Queen Boo

"Seungkwan wanted to know if you knew about Seungkwan and Seokmin-"

"I don't need to be told twice" Wonwoo sighed. "Seokmin texted me earlier this morning about it. He said that it'd be funny...Seungkwan's probably excited, no?"

"He is, he just texted me about it" Mingyu said, putting his phone away. "Are you going to tell me where we're going now? We've been in this car for the past-" He checked the time "-eight minutes."

"We'll be there soon. In a meantime, can you do me a favor and change the CD for me?" 

-

"Jeonghan..." Seungcheol started "You know that we should really be giving them some space..."

"It's not my fault that my mom needs a dog sitter" Jeonghan shrugged "And it's not my fault that the only place to go is the dog park"

"Wonwoo's going to kill us, you know" Seungcheol said, grabbing his belongings before heading out the door with Jeonghan and Shah.

"Why'd your mom name him Shah, anyways?" Seungcheol asked "It doesn't sound like a common dog name..."

"It's the name of an Indian actor I think" Jeonghan checked the collar on the dog "Shah Rukh Khan?"

"Sounds familiar? Anyways, Wonwoo should be arriving there by 4:00 PM-ish. We've got to go soon."

"Yeah, yeah. We'll have to be back for 5:30 PM, though.  My mom said that that's when he needs to eat." Jeonghan said.

"He has to eat at that exact time?" Seungcheol asked "Why can't he eat at..like..6:30 PM?"

"Mom's orders" Jeonghan shrugged. "By the way, we're legally not allowed to keep pets that can't be caged in our dorm, so you're going to have to find a way to keep us having Shah a secret."

"We what" Seungcheol asked, turning from the front of the car to face Jeonghan "You didn't ask first?!"

"First of all, don't talk to me like that. And secondly, I was going to ask but then like...I didn't...also, eyes on the road!"

Seungcheol sighed, deciding that it was better not to fight with Jeonghan, who was just going to put off telling the school officals.

"By the way" Jeonghan said "Wonwoo told me that Seokmin and Seungkwan are going to have a special scene in their play!!!"

"Special scene?" Seungcheol asked "They're not..."

"Nah, but Seungkwan says he wishes. They're going to like kiss or something. To be honest I have no idea but Wonwoo said hes excited!!!"

"Is Seokmin excited?" Seungcheol asked.

"Not sure...Why? God, you're not still hung up on that 'Seokmin likes Wonwoo' bull right?"

"I mean...It could be true!"

"It could be, but its not." Jeonghan said "I think the park is over there, to the left"

Seungcheol turned left and made his way into the parking lot.

"Do you think they'll be happy to see us?" Jeonghan asked.

"Of course! Why wouldn't they appreciate our company?" 

-


If Wonwoo thought Mingyu would be ecstatic about going to a dog park, then...well...he was correct.

Turns out, though, Mingyu was all too familiar with this park, since he seemed to know exactly where they were going a few blocks before arriving.

"Wait..." He started "Are we going where I think we're going?!" 

"And where's that?" Wonwoo asked.

"Theres a dog park near here!"

"There is?" Wonwoo asked "I didn't know that..."

"No, look! That's the blue horse!" Mingyu said, pointing to a statue across from them, earning himself weird looks from Wonwoo.

"The...the what?" He asked "What horse?"

"When me and my mom were younger, we'd visit this park with our dog, Aji, and we knew we were close because of the horse statue on the block that we just passed!"

"Oh.." Wonwoo refocused his attention to his GPS, although it was hardly needed since Mingyu started directing him around anyways.

Finally, they reached, which was a relief for Mingyu since Wonwoos car was small, and his legs are..well..not short.

"This park is not near that crap resturant, by the way" Mingyu mentioned "We would have been better off at the McDonalds across the street."

Wonwoo tsked. 

Two days ago he was being dragged for not getting a decent resturant, yet now he was being treated ill for giving Mingyu what he wanted.

"Anyways, i'm not sure what we're really going to do since we don't have any pets, but..." Wonwoo started before realizing that Mingyu was no longer at his side.

Actually, Mingyu was long gone from Wonwoos side, as he instead strode over to the nearest dog he could find.

"Are we allowed to pet other people's animals?" Wonwoo asked.

"Of course we are! They'd be like...mean if they didn't let us pet them..."

"I guess...actually, that dog over there looks kind of cute..." Wonwoo pointed over towards a dog near the food vender where you can buy dog treats (overpriced ofc).

"Yeah, he is" Mingyu got up from his spot "And his owners look really familiar, huh?"

They were kind of far away, so Wonwoo had to squint, but once he got out the basic figure of the 'owners', Wonwoo decided that, 'yeah, i'd really like to die right about now.'

"That's not..." Mingyu started, but before he could even complete his sentence, Seungcheol beat him to it, waving his hand wildly in the air to catch their attention.

"Why are they here.." Wonwoo muttered.

better yet Wonwoo asked himself, where'd they get that dog?

"We thought we'd suprise you guys!" Jeonghan said "Plus, i'm dog sitting right now, so it's great!"

"Dog sitting for who?" Wonwoo asked.

"My mom" Jeonghan shrugged "The school doesn't know that we're keeping him in our dorm, thought, so kindly refrain from mentioning him."

"Uh-huh" Wonwoo nodded along with Jeonghans story.

"Anyways, we won't stay for long" Seungcheol started "We just wanted to bring Shah out of the dorm."

"Shah?" Mingyu asked 

"It's a nickname for some actor" Jeonghan said "My mom likes to watch 5-hour long Indian movies."

"Yeah, me and her sometimes watch them together" Seungcheol said "We were watching Kal Ho Naa-"

"Anyways!" Jeonghan interuppted. "We'll leave you guys alone now. It's a special day, after all." He said with a wink.

"Awe, so soon?" Mingyu asked, sarcasm essentially dripping from his mouth.

"We hate to go, but he have to feed Shah" Jeonghan said with a pout.

After their goodbyes, Wonwoo and Mingyu went back to their 'date'.

"Are you really suprised that they showed up? "Mingyu asked.

"Not really, it was a mistake to tell them that we were coming here, anyways." Wonwoo said, checking the time. "If you're hungry, we can go and get something to eat now.

"I'd usually never turn down food, but..." Mingyu started, before showing Wonwoo his ongoing texts between him and Seungkwan. "I think he wants me home so he can fangirl or something...but we can pick it up and eat it at my dorm?"

Wonwoo nodded, making his way towards the exit.

-

"So-" Seungkwan paused, taking another bite from his food "-basically-" nomnomnom "-Seokmin found it hilarious that we had to kiss! Like, what's that supposed to mean?"

"That he's not interested?" Hansol asked, dodging the pillow that came at him for that comment. "I'm just saying, you seem like the only one invested in your non-existant relationship."

"I mean, Seokmin's like...really nice to him, though.." Mingyu said.

"He's nice to everyone" Wonwoo chimed in "But when he texted me, he didn't seem opposed to it at all."

"Of course he didn't! He's the lead, how's he going to going to be oppsed to what's in the script?! Not to mention-" nomnomnom "-He's going to kiss me! Who wouldn't want to do that?"

"Literally everyone in this room" Hansol muttered.

"Anyways, my dreams are going to be met soon" Seungkwan said "And you'll all see how cute me and Seokmin are!"

Wonwoo sighed, deciding that he's had enough of listening to Seungkwan rant about his friend.

"It's getting late, so I should probably go..." Wonwoo said, getting up from Minygus bed.

"I'll walk you to your car" Mingyu joined Wonwoo outside as they made their way into the guest parking lot.

"Uh.." Mingyu started "I just wanted to say..thank you for today.." 

"Thank you?" Wonwoo asked.

"You didn't have to put so much thought into this..uh.. 'date' " Mingyu said "but I had a great time."

"Oh" Wonwoo said "Um..you're welcome.."

They gave eachother a quick hug goodbye before Wonwoo left.

He had a good time

good

if he didn't i might've killed him

god, my bank account is getting lower and lower

Despite Seungcheol and Jeonghans interruptance, though, Wonwoo decided that all-in-all, he had a great time.

we should do it again next month

but not tell dumb and dumber.

-

"Are you excited the same way he is?" Hansol asked, looking up from his computer upon Seokmins arrival back from rehearsal.

"Excited for what? Do you mean-" 

"What else would I be talking about?" Hansol interrupted.

"I guess...I don't understand why it's such a big deal, though.." Seokmin started "It's not like it's going to mean anything.."

"Huh, tell that to Seungkwan." Hansol shrugged before returning his attention to his episode of Shimoneta.

"He thinks it's a big deal?" Seokmin asked "He seemed so chill today."

"Nah, he just thought it was funny, that's all." 

"Oh." Seokmin found himself a seat next to Hansol "Good."

"...What's this show even about..?" Seokmin asked after a few minutes of overlooking his show.

"It's about a world where anthing ual is not allowed, but this one girl who wears on her head is trying to change it and-"

"That's enough." Seokmin said "I prefer Junjou Romantica, anyways."

"Yikes" 

"How's that yikes?" Seokmin asked, before grabbing his phone that was vibrating on the coffee table.

"Seungkwan?" Hansol asked. 

"No, it's Wonwoo. He's telling me about their date!"

"And you're happy? I thought you like...liked him?"

"I mean.." Seokmin started "I'm too invested in work right now..plus..I don't know."

"Huh." Hansol said.

maybe Seungkwans dreams are actually coming true.

"Plus, he seems to really like Mingyu...I doubt that they'll actually go through with their 'break-up' that they've been planning."

"You think?" Hansol asked "I'm happy that you're happy, then."