Chapter three

Then Came My Cute Fake Boyfriend

Hi!!! Sorry this chapter is a few days late, my birthday party was that weekend and I had family coming over for it so it was kind of a big production. But here u go!!!!!!!!!!! and thank you for new subscribers and comments omgomgomg

 

Chaper 3

"So" Seungkwan said "How was your 'date'" He asked Mingyu, adding abbreviations with the word 'date'.
Seungkwan was Mingyus room mate, who was currently tucked into his bed, despite it still being light outside. 

Mingyu wasn't even sure what Seungkwan majored in, but clearly it was a class that didn't require homework nor showing up. That put aside, he and Mingyu became good friends after four months of living together. 

The first few months were rough, as Seungkwan just figured that having a room mate just meant more people to help him practice vocal exercises with him at 1:00 AM before an audition for a musical along with a maid to pick up his clothes for him when he was in a rush to get starbucks with his friend Hansol. 

After threating to get a new room mate, however, Seungkwan toned it down on bossing the elder around. 

Mingyu wasn't even sure why he took just abuse for so long, but that's beside the point. 


"It was good" Mingyu said, placing his bags down before laying down on his bed. 

"Did he agree to the plan?" Seungkwan asked nonchalantly, acting as though he wasn't genuinly curious about this so called 'Wonwoo' and his future relationship with his room mate.

"Yeah, since Jeonghan and Seungcheol essentially followed us to the movie theaters" Mingyu said, turning to Seungkwan, who was half asleep.

'Its only 3:42 PM ....' Mingyu thought, sighing as he got up from his bed, too energetic to stay in his bed. 

Mingyu walked a lot today, but he still had energy to go for another one. 

Not to mention that he had to buy Wonwoo something for their date on Saturday.  Speaking of which, he had to write down his confession/how he was going to ask Wonwoo 'out' .

Mingyu knew that when Jeonghan and Seungcheol found out they were faking their whole relationship, they might never talk to them ever again, but it was fun hanging out with Wonwoo without any real feelings attached. 

Plus, if it starts to get weird with Wonwoo, they might not even have to tell them that it was fake. They can just break up and be done. 

Mingyu put his shoes back on before grabbing his phone and wallet, making his way out the door quietly to unbother the sleeping baby in the bed next to him. 

There was a convenience store a block from campus with candy, and a gift shop ten minutes from there. 

Mingyu figured that flowers were to basic, and even though it was already planned that Wonwoo would say yes, he still wanted to get him something special. 

-
Wonwoo woke up the next morning to the sound of Seungcheol barging into his room, shaking him out of his sleep for reasons unknown. 

"Wonwooooooo" He said, jumping onto the twinsized bed. 

"Hmm?" Wonwoo asked, sitting up to give focus his attention to friend. 

"How was your date?" He asked, grinning. 

Wonwoo sighed. He looked over to his bedside table to check the time, shaking his head upon realizing that it was 7:06 AM, meanwhile his first class starts at 10:00 AM. 

"It was fine" Wonwoo said, getting up from his bed to freshen himself up.

Even though his guest was unwanted, bed hair and pj's weren't appropriate.

"Fine being....absolutly amazing?" Seungcheol asked, peaking his head through the bathroom door, causing a towel to be thrown at him.

"Wouldn't you know?" Wonwoo asked  "You followed us to the movie theater!" 

Seungcheols face turned red as he sulked. 

"We were just looking out for you, and- wait" He started "We didn't follow you to the movies though..." 

Wonwoo looked up from his bathmat and looked at Seungcheol with a confused expression.

"You weren't at the movies around 1:25PM ish?" 

"We were" Seungcheol started "But we weren't following you guys there. You guys saw a movie?" 

"We were going to, but then you got the last two tickets, so we just went somewhere else" Wonwoo said, making his way back to his bed. 

"You mean...we...ruined your date without even realizing it?" Seungcheol asked, slumping down on the floor.

"Not...exactly..." Wonwoo started "We went somewhere else and had a good time..." 

Seungcheol let out a sigh of relief, glad that he didn't totally ruin his friends little date. 

"So...what exactly are you?" Seungcheol asked "Do you like him?"

Wonwoo stayed silent, scrolling through his messages from last night with Mingyu.

Wonwoo promised to call him, but Mingyus room mate apperently decided to do his vocal exercises around the time he was going to call, so they resorted to text. 

"If dumb and dumber ask if I like you, what do I say?" 
-Wonwoo
"Just say that i'm slowly growing onto you or something. Don't overact and say that you're 100% interested, otherwise it'll seem too staged" 
-Mingyu

"Uh...I mean...he's slowly starting to grow onto me...I guess" Wonwoo said, scratching the back of his head.

Seungcheol grinned, getting up and jumping onto the bed next to Wonwoo, who quickly slid himself to the other side. 

"I'm glad that you've finally found somebody to love" He said, grabbing one of Wonwoos pillows to hold.

"I-I didn't say that" Wonwoo said, hiding under the covers to hide the redness creeping onto his face. 

"Yes, but eventually you will!" He said, kicking Wonwoo under the covers.

Wonwoo sighed, resurfacing to the top of his bed before staring up at his ceiling.

"I never said that either" He muttered, turning to face his friend, who was taking 'cute' selfies to send his boyfriend, who was probably fast asleep despite his class starting at 8:00 AM.

"Is this all you and Jeonghan do?" He asked, utterly disguested by the amount of PDA they liked to show.

"Of course!" Seungcheol said, showing Wonwoo all of the cute face apps he uses "You'll need to download these so that you and Mingyu can be cute too!" 

Wonwoo shuddered at the thought of them ever becoming like Dumb and Dumber. 

The sound of Girls Generations 'Holiday' brought Wonwoo out of his daydreams as he saw that Mingyu was calling him. 

Seungcheol looked too busy editing stars onto a selfie of himself to notice Wonwoo go into the bathroom to answer his phone. 

Or so Wonwoo thought at least.

"Hello?" Wonwoo said, keeping his voice as hushed as possible.

"Hey!" Mingyu said, his cheery tone too loud for 7:32 AM.

"How are you?" Wonwoo started, pacing around his bathroom.

"I've been better" Mingyu said with a sigh. "Seungkwan really doesn't know when to stop singing his songs for his upcoming musical" 

"Awe, well, at least you don't have to deal with Seungcheol at this ungodly hour" Wonwoo said, sighing as he leaned against his wall.

"He's there right now?" Mingyu asked, trying his best to hide his laughter.

"Yeah...but i'm hidden in the bathroom right now, so he can't hear" Wonwoo said, looking towards the door.

Under the door, though, he could see slight movement, almost as if.....Seungcheol was listening to their whole conversation.

"Hold on..." Wonwoo said, unlocking the bathroom door and opening it, seeing his dumb dumb friend fall onto the floor after the support of the door was taken away. 

"I...uh...." Seungcheol started, trying to bull an excuse at the top of his head. 

"I'll call you back later, okay Mingyu?" Wonwoo said into the phone, gaining the attention of Seungcheol, who was still trying to make up a reason for being on the ground. 

"No problem, remember to pick me up from classes tonight!" Mingyu said, ending the call.

Wonwoo walked back to his bed, deciding to try and get another hour or two of sleep before his classes.

"Was that...Mingyu...?!" Seungcheol asked, rejoining Wonwoo on his bed.

"Yeah, why?" He asked, turning his back to Seungcheol to make himself comfortable.

"You're calling eachother now?!" Seungcheol asked, pulling his phone out to text Jeonghan the good news.

"I mean... yeah..." Wonwoo said. It was now 7:40 and Seungcheols first class started at 8:10, so at least he had Seungcheols absence to look forward to.

Seungcheol looked at the time and decided (to Wonwoos pleasure) that it was about time that he made an exit. 

Finally alone, Wonwoo could finally get his beauty sleep, but not before sending Mingyu a goodnight text.

You know.

At 7:43 AM.

-

"How was your class?" Wonwoo asked Mingyu as he ran up to him from his previous class.

"Horrible" He said, handing Wonwoo a test sheet that read '89' 

"Thats good!" Wonwoo said, intwining his fingers with Mingyus.

Mingyu shook his head, taking the paper back from him and folding it neatly into his pocket.

"I needed that one point though" Mingyu said, pouting.

Wonwoo shook his head, leading the way towards a cafe on Mingyus campus.

Luckily for the two, you needed a person to let you in order to walk around on campus if you're not a student or teacher/parent, so they didn't have to worry about Dumb and Dumber finding them.

After ordering their drinks, Mingyu pulled out his planner and checked off a few things that they did already.

"So, tomorrow at 2:00-ish, you'll come and pick me up right?"

Wonwoo nodded, setting a reminder into his phone. 

"And around 4:30-ish i'll ask you out? You're meeting up with Seungcheol and Jeonghan after our date, right?" Mingyu asked.

"Yeah, around 7:00 PM or so. We'll end the date around 5:00 so that I have enough time to get back to the dorms and change."  Wonwoo said, sipping on his latte.

"Okay cool!" Mingyu said, writting down a few extra details, before shutting his planner and smiling.

"So..." Mingyu started "how was your day?" 

"Uh...It was alright. Besides Seungcheol 'gracing' me with his presence at 7:00 AM, it all went smoothly." Wonwoo said, nodded his head before gesturing for Mingyu to speak.

"Me too. Well besides the grade, it was decent" He said, shrugging. "Do you want to get ice cream?" 

"You always want to do that" Wonwoo said, smiling as he got up. "But yeah, lets do that before I head back to my dorm." 

-

The sound of an alarm clock brought Mingyu out of his dreams, but the sound of Seungkwan doing his morning routine of listening to 'Queen' by Som Dam Bi while doing his daily facials had been haunting his dreams anyways, so him being conscious without the song seeping into his dreams was a relief. 

"You're awake!!!" Seungkwan said. 

The one good thing about having him as roomate is that he is always excited when you wake up, even if its cause he's blasting Beyonce on repeat.

Mingyu nodded his head, making his way to their bathroom to freshen up.

"You and Wonwoo are going out later, right?" Seungkwan asked, scrolling though his likes on instagram.

Seungkwan was lowkey insta-famous due to his aesthetically pleasing photos of his starbucks and other treats with Hansol, who was famous on soundcloud for his mixtapes.

"Yeah, today is the day i'm gonna ask him out" He called out from the bathroom.

"Oh nice. I mean, you already know he's going to say yes, but still." He said, nodding his head.

The nod wasn't really for Mingyu, but more so for the comment on his recent photo on the rainbow cake he and Hansol recently ate.

"That's true" Mingyu said, emgering from the bathroom, washed and all clean and tidy.

"You're going like THAT?" Seungkwan asked, spitting his tea out onto their table.

Mingyu wore a jean jacket with a pair of whitewashed jeans and an oversized white tee shirt along with his Tims.

"Yeah...?" He said, looking back in the mirror.  "I look fine!" 

"No the you don't" Seungkwan said, shaking his head with disgust, getting up to rummage through Mingyus clothing. 

"You literally wore a dress shirt to go pick Wonwoo up to go to a dog cafe, yet on the day you 'ask him out' you're trying to pull up dressed like THAT?" Seungkwan said, tisking as he pulled out a few options for Mingyu to try on. 

"It's a casual date! On the day we went to the dog cafe, I kind of had bigger plans, but Wonwoo seemed to be in a different mindset so we did somrthing casual" Mingyu said, pouting.

"Here" Seungkwan said, handing Mingyu a light blue dress shirt with a darker pair of jeans. "These still look casual, but if you guys decide to go to a fancy resturant, you know like McDonalds or something, you'll be okay. "

Mingyu looked over the outfit, and and usual, Seungkwan was right. 

He quickly changed, slipping on a pair of dress shoes to make him look more fancy, before heading out the door.

Their date wasn't until later, and Wonwoo was the one who was picking Mingyu up, but Mingyu had to get Wonwoo a present from the gift shop that he had made for him.

"Is this gift too much?" 
-Min min

" hell no get it for him"
- Queen Boo

"Are you sure? It's custom made, bro"
-Min min

"Have I ever been wrong? smh s2g I know whats right"

- Queen Boo

Mingyu sighed, entering the shop and giving his name over to retrieve his gifts. 

Seungkwan better not be wrong