Chapter sixteen

Then Came My Cute Fake Boyfriend

HOLO EVERYONE (ive been watching too much simply nailogical lol aNYWAYS) uh. so. this chapter has a lot for you uh pls comment if yall are good with what's happening ty ty also i've gotten into Borns recently (songs like dopamine and holy ghost esp.) so check him out he's amazing (hes not kpop tho but his songs are like bLESS) and anyways ya uh ily all pls enjoy: 

 

Chapter 16

 

Up until now, Mingyu had kind of hoped that things would work out between Seungkwan Seokmin, but now that things went well, Mingyu soon realized just how unbearable it would be to be around them. 

In fact, even when they were separated, they still talked and talked and talked about each other. 

"Look at this!" Seungkwan exclaimed, showing Mingyu his wallpaper "Isn't he the cutest?"

"uh-huh" Mingyu uttered, staring into space. 

Mingyu stopped caring about Seungkwans love for Seokmin within the first hour of finding out that they started a relationship after he'd seen them kiss about ten times within the time spawn of thirty minutes. 

He also didn't care for Seungkwans opinions on his own relationship between him and Wonwoo. 

"Do you know how happy I am, now?" Seungkwan asked. "Sooo happy! And you want to know why?"

"Not reall-"

"Because I stepped out of the box! And now, it's your turn!" Seungkwan tsked, snatching Mingyus review papers out of his hands. "Stop wasting your time on this nonsense, there's more to life then work."

"I need those so that I can get good grades and then live life to the fullest, ." Mingyu shook his head. "Also, Wonwoo's busy right now with helping Jeonghan and Seungcheol put stuff into a storage center."

"Storage Center? You mean...they're actually cleaning out their dorm? "

Mingyu nodded.

"They've got too much in their dorms, though, so they'll be putting some of it into a storage center until they figure out what to do with it." 

"What've they been buying?" Seungkwan asked. "They seem like the type to buy useless for no reason."

"I don't know everything, but everytime Wonwoo finds something outrageous, he'll send it to me." Mingyu said, showing Seungkwan a photo of a dog stature that Seungcheol had somehow aquired within his four years at college. 

"Shouldn't you be helping? You're their friend, no?" Seungkwan asked. 

"Well, you're their friend too now, right? Plus, you own them bigtime. Without them, you'd still be lusting over Seokmin, right?"

"Well, yes, but you owe them for setting you up with Wonwoo, even though you're too much of a to actually start a relationship, right?" Seungkwan said, returning to his bed to text Seokmin a set of various colored hearts.

"Don't you get tired of sending hearts?" Mingyu asked. "Send something else."

"Like what? Like nu-"

"No!" Mingyu said, throwing a pen at Seungkwan. "I meant like...don't you guys have conversations? Or are you guys just laying around making heart eyes at each other?"

"The last one." Seungkwan shrugged. "It's easier to hold a conversation in person, you know?"

Mingyu tsked, deciding that he was over studying for the day. 

"I'm going to the convenience store early, okay?" Mingyu said, getting himself ready for work.

"You're going to work early?"  Seungkwan asked. "Can you pick up some hot cheetos? We ran out, plus I forgot what non-expired cheetos taste like."

Mingyu nodded, making his way towards work.

Can't that buy his own hot cheetos?

-

"We did so well with Seokmin and Seungkwan, you know." Jeonghan said, nodding his head. "Just imagine what they'd be like had it not been for us, you know?"

"Well, you can imagine it while you help us with these boxes." Wonwoo said, struggling with the heavy boxes that were filled with the most useless that Wonwoo could even imagine.

"And they thanked us so well, too." Seungcheol shook his head. "What kind of thanks have we gotten from you?"

"I'm thanking you by doing this while you lounge around!" Wonwoo placed the boxes into a rental van, giving the duo dirty looks for their laziness. "I'm here to help you, not do all of the work!" 

"Yeah, but your parents are old." Jeonghan said, putting his feet up onto a nearby chair.

"We're no longer young like you, you know." Seungcheol said

"You're one year older, jackass." Wonwoo sighed, sitting down beside Seungcheol.

"When are you and Mingyu going to get more serious?" Jeonghan asked. "I feel like Seokmin an Seungkwan are so much more into their relationship!" 

"Who says we're not serious? Just because we don't act like it in front of other people, it doesn't mean that we're not cute when we're alone." Wonwoo tsked.

"Yeah, but we want to see you be cute in front of us! Seungkwan and Seokmin are." Seungcheol pouted. 

"Well, they'll have to tide you over for now." Wonwoo returned to the pile of boxes awating for him, glancing over at Jeonghan every few minutes to judge him for his laziness.

After an hour of lugging their trash, Wonwoo decided that he was done for the day, making plans with Seokmin to go see a movie.

Well, Wonwoo really just wanted to get more information out of Seokmin, but he needed an excuss to do so.

wow. i'm really taking after seungcheol and jeonghan, huh.

Although, similar to Mingyu, Wonwoo was over talking about Seungkwan within the first five minutes.

"I really don't know why i've never noticed him in that way before! It's like...suddenly i'm a changed person, you know?"  Seokmin sighed, looking down at his phone. 

"Yeah...you kind of told me already." Wonwoo muttered. "But really, how'd you not notice Seungkwans undying love for you? He always talked about you, he was always over you, just...?"

"Well, I liked somebody else, but i'm not into them at all anymore, so there's no feelings there, you feel? Since I stopped liking that person-"

"I thought you didn't like anybody?" Wonwoo asked "Who'd you like?"

"Oh...it's not important. He's from my hometown but he's in a relationship now, anyways." Seokmin shrugged. "Anyways since forgetting him, i've seen Seungkwan in a whole other way!"

Wonwoo nodded, along, zoning out of of Seokmin's speech for the fourth time.

"They're really into each other now, huh?"
-Wonwoo

"CAN THESE ES SHUT UP NOW THIS IS SO ANNOYING WHY'RE THEY LIKE THIS"
-Mingyu

"Noooo it's cute :p what u doing lets meet up later???"
-Wonwoo

"Im at work kms smh meet me here if you wanna meet up i work till 9;00 tonight"
-Mingyu

"do your ing work then??? why u texting me??? also okay see you at 8:30
-Wonwoo

"You know..." Seokmin started "me and Seungkwan've been talking about you and Mingyu's relationship."

"And?" Wonwoo asked "what about it?"

"How y'all are both stupid and you should just confess." Seokmin shrugged. "Y'all clearly don't wanna break up. Do yourself a favor and just do it fam." 

"Okay, well why didn't you confess to the guy you liked in your hometown, then?" Wonwoo asked. 

"He liked somebody else, that's why. But you're literally already dating! Like...y'all stupid...no offense."

"I know that I should just confess, but what will happen if he gets all...freaked out? Also, if we end up dating for real, i'd have to really give Seungcheol and Jeonghan credit." Wonwoo shook his head, 

"All of your 'What if' bull is annoying." Seokmin tsked, flicking Wonwoo's forehead. "What if Seungkwan didn't kiss me, huh? We'd be in a dilemma, right?" 

"Yeah but...you're right." Wonwoo slumped down in his seat. "I'm meeting up with him tonight...should I do it?"

"Yes! Yes the you should!" Seokmin exclaimed, clapping his hands while ignoring the dirty looks he was receiving from onlookers. 

Wonwoo nodded to himself.

Am I really gonna do this?

-

Whoever the hired Kim Mingyu really had to be regretting it at this point, cause he's a ing

Honestly, the only perk of having Mingyu as a part of your staff team was that younger highschool girls were coming in more often to admire the worker while he proceeded to destroy their coffee maker, so I guess more customers was good. 

Still though, Mingyus boss understood that he was in college, so he'd be busy or distracted sometimes, but for gods sake this man is so clumsy that it's unreal. 

"Can you clean up after closing time?" Mingyus boss asked. "You'll have to mop the floor, too, so please, please be careful." 

"Yeah, yeah. Leave the keys on the counter, i'll pick them up later."

It was now 8:25 and Mingyu was waiting 'patiently' (as well as advocatly avoiding the couple who was waiting by the cash register who were showing more PDA than Seungcheol and Jeonghan could ever even dream of.) for Wonwoo's arrival, but five minutes turned to ten, and ten to fifteen, till eventually Mingyu found himself cleaning up alone. 

He said 8:30, right?

It wasn't until Mingyu had finished counting todays profits that Wonwoo arrived, panting as he trudged his way into the convenience shop. 

"Sorry I'm late." He forced out, taking a seat by a food counter. "I had to get something."

"You had to..." Mingyu started, his eyes trailing down to the flowers that Wonwoo held. "Flowers?"

Wonwoo nodded, holding his hand towards Mingyu. "Carnations. For you. Yeah. "

"Why?" Mingyu asked, sitting down next to Wonwoo. 

"Because...because I wanted to get you something..." Wonwoo said. "I also have to ask you something."


"Um...okay?" Mingyu said, "What's wrong?" 

"Nothing's wrong!" Wonwoo exclaimed. "I just...you bought me this-" He held up his wrist "When you asked me out, so I decided to buy you something, too."

"Buy me something...for what?" Mingyu asked. 

he's not...

"I-I know I should have told you a long, long time ago into our relationship about how I felt about you, but....please don't freak out on me when I tell you. Okay?"
 Wonwoo waited for Mingyu to nod before continuing.
 "Well...I know that our relationship is supposed to be fake and scripted and some other bull, but...i'm not interested in that anymore. I'm interested in this. I don't care about fooling Seungcheol anymore, that. I'm only interested in us now, you know? Do you know what I mean?"

"I think?" Mingyu said "But...what are you trying to say? You're not being clear enough."

"I'm saying that...I...I like you? I don't know." Wonwoo sighed. "You can take that however you want, but uh...yeah. Also the florist said that you should keep the flowers in a cool area and you should change the water every three days and-"

"And here I was thinking I was the bad guy." Mingyu said, shaking his head as he smiled to himself. 

"Bad guy?" Wonwoo asked "Over what." 

Mingyu stayed silent as he got up from his chair, getting the store ready for closing. 

"Let's go get something to eat to celebrate, okay?"

"Celebrate what?" Wonwoo asked.  "What happened?"

"Well..." Mingyu started "You like me and I like you...so we're going out to celebrate!"

"I-What?" Wonwoo repeated. "What are we celebrating?"

"Well, we're dating now, right?" Mingyu said. "Do you need me to ask you? I can do that, too, but when we were fake dating I already did, so..."

"I...that's okay..." Wonwoo muttered. "So..we're dating, now?"

"Yes." Mingyu stated. "You, Jeon Wonwoo, are now my boyfriend. For real, this time."