Chapter nineteen

Then Came My Cute Fake Boyfriend

UHHHH I'M BACK I TOOK MY SATS TODAY THEY WERE OKAYISH I GUESS IDK HOW IS EVERYONE I GOT BTS TICKETS FOR PRUDENTIAL CENTER IM SO HAPPY ALSO MY APS ARE ON FRIDAY AND WEDNESDAY AFTER THIS WEEK TO MY NEXT UPDATE WILL BE ON MAY 18TH IM SORRY BUT ILY ALL AND I HOPE YOU LIKE THIS CHAPTER UHHHH

 

Chapter 19

"This really....this really is something else, huh?" Wonwoo questioned as he glanced over to the stage from his seat.

The day had finally come for Seungkwan and Seokmin to show the world (or in this case...the people who came to their show) all of their hard work.

"That's...one way to put it..." Mingyu trailed off, observing the cast members set up the stage.

"Well, when it starts, it'll be better, no?" Jeonghan asked. "The play can't be bad after all of the hours that they've spent rehearsing."

"I think it'll be trash no matter what." Hansol shook his head. "Seungkwan said himself that he feels like this musical will be crap."

"Not to mention, Seungkwan isn't the love interest of Seokmin." Wonwoo said. "Seungkwan's still angry about that."

"What?" Seungcheol questioned "I thought there was a kissing scene!"

"There it, but that's because Seokmin accidentally sprayed Seungkwan with the magic flower that makes people gay, so that's why the scene happened. Seokmin likes somebody else in the musical." Wonwoo shrugged. "It's literally all in the movie."

"Ain't nobody got time for that movie." Hansol said. 

"I'm gonna spray you with the gay flower if you continue like that." Mingyu scolded. "But he's right. I couldn't sit through that movie."

"What?!" Wonwoo exclaimed "That's bull." 

"Life's bull." Seungcheol shrugged. "Oh, it's about to start!" 

The central lights in the theater began to dim, as the spotlight began to focus onto Seokmin, who was dressed in ripped clothing and...wings?

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to 'Were the World Mine: The musical'!" He said. "Sit back, relax, and let your mind wonder freely night!"

"No." Mingyu muttered.

"Shush, it's starting now." Jeonghan scolded.

The cast members all gathered into their rightful positions before the opening music began.

Seungkwan got the first line, and he was...well...

He wasn't bad, but the people around him ruined the experience.

"Seungkwan was right. This is...like...not good." Wonwoo whispered over.

'You're right." Mingyu said, covering his ears with his hands. "Is this going to be the whole musical?"

Wonwoo shook his head. "God, I hope not." 

Thankfully, the songs that had other cast members were minimal, however the acting was a whole other story.

"Seokmin really..." Wonwoo started.

"Can't act?" Hansol asked "Yeah, we knew that already."

"But he's the lead in a musical?" Jeonghan questioned. "How'd he...who the put him as lead?"

"They only care about their singing voice, probably." Mingyu said. "Although, the cast members aside from Seungkwan and Seokmin can't sing, so..."

It wasn't like Seokmin wasn't trying, but his character was supposed to be a down to earth, regular school guy.

And Seokmin...well...isn't.

Wonwoo could almost hear the director mumble something about her not getting paid enough for this .

Seokmin was clearly trying to keep his excitment about finally performing to a minimal, but his smile never left his face throughout the whole first scene.
Of course, his smile is great, but it's weird to be smiling while your mother is yelling at you for being gay, so....

Not only that, but his acting voice was so extra that it was hard to take him seriously.


"I think this is the scene where they kiss!" Jeonghan whispered over after a few minutes. "Some quality content, finally."

After five minutes of suffering through Seokmin and Seungkwans bad acting, the crowd managed to deal with another three minute makeout scene.

Technically speaking, the scene was only supposed to be about two minutes long- kissing scene included- but their bad acting paired their insticts to automatically start making out with each other got the best of them.

It wasn't until Jeonghan yelled for them to get a room that they stopped.

I'm actually not even sure how to put into words how bad their acting really was but let's just try, right?

Okay, just imagine this: Seungkwan on Seokmins bed (very seductive, I know) and Seokmin pacing back and forth with the gay flower behind him:


"Max, you just don't get it, do you?" Seokmin said, shaking his head. 

"You're right, Jonathon." Seungkwan tsked. "Of course I don't understand! But maybe if you'd explain the issue, we can come to a solution."

"I can't." Seokmin sighed. "It's just..."

"Oh, cut the , Seok- Jonathon." Seungkwan stumbled. "Also, what's that flower in your hand?"

"This?" Seokmin asked, holding up the magical flower. "Oh, it's nothing-"

"Let me see." Seungkwan grabbed it out of Seokmins hand to examine it. "What kind of flower is thi-"

Before he could complete him sentence, the flower began to spray water (AKA the magical gay serum thing...yeah you get the gist.) onto his face, causing him to fall onto the ground.

"Seungkw- Max!" Seokmin exclaimed in the highest pitched voice he could muster up. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah, yeah." He said, wiping his face from the excess liquid. "Actually, i'm more than that..."

"What?" Seokmin asked. "I just sprayed you with...with whatever that wa-" 

Seokmin was cut off by Seungkwan, who basically shoved his tongue in his mouth (which replused the whole crowd literally) for three minutes straight.


After that...interesting scene, the rest of the muscial went as smoothly as it possibly could, and the gang (that's what they've named themselves...yikes) had to admit that the music portion of it was actually quite good for a group of college kids who had no time to prepare for this.

"So!" Seungkwan started as he met up joined them at a diner nearby. "What did you guys think?"

"It was..." Jeonghan trailed off. 

"The singing was great!" Mingyu said enthusiastically. 

"Well, yeah." Seokmin said. "But the acting! How was that?"

"Oh, it was....really...." Wonwoo also began trailing off. 

"It was entertaining!" Seungcheol said. "Which is always a good thing."

"Really?" Seungkwan said. "Thanks! Although, the audience could go and die to be honest."

"Yeah, who yelled at us to get a room?" Seokmin asked. "That's not nice."

"Yeah, that guy's an ." Jeonghan sipped on his green tea. "Totally unnecessary."

"So, you've got two more shows tomorrow, right?" Hansol asked, skimming throught the menu. "Are you excited?"

"I am, but Seungkwan isn't" Seokmin pouted. "He's bitter about me leaving." He slumped down in his seat, sipping on his soft drink. 

"I'm not that bitter, i'm just worried that i'll miss you too much." Seungkwan cooed, squishing his cheeks. 

"I don't blame that person for telling you to get a room anymore." Jeonghan shrugged. "Y'all are annoying."

"Yeah, yeah. Oh, what's that on your hand?" Seungkwan asked, pointing to Jeonghans hand. 

"This?" He asked, raising his hand. "Oh, we're engaged." He said, sipping on his tea. "Was going to tell you in like a week, but then like...you just asked...so now you know..yeah!" 

"And that's how you wan to announce it?" Seokmin asked. "Congratulations!"

"Thank you, thank you." Seungcheol said. "But that being said, somebody else is going to have to pay for this, since that ring was like......too much....."

"Well, if it was for me, then it wasn't too much." Jeonghan frowned. "Right?"

"Uh...Yeah!" He nodded his head frantically. "Totally."

"Well, we're not paying since we performed tonight." Seokmin said. "Hansol, you pay."

"Me?" He exclaimed. "Why not Wonwoo and Mingyu! What've they done that deserved free food?"

Mingyu sighed, pulling out his wallet. "I'll pay with my convinence store money." 

"Wow, that job's becoming useful." Seungkwan said, nodded his head. "Since you're buying, i'll get dessert."

"What?" He exclaimed, throwing his fries and Seungkwan. "I'm not made of money, you know."

"I'll pay for dessert." Wonwoo offered "I want ice cream, so..."

"Geez.." Mingyu trailed off "We're not your personal bank accounts."

"Hey!" Jeonghan exclaimed "I didn't raise you people so you can short change us."

-

After an eventful evening, it was finally time for the gang to split up and go their seperate ways.

Seokmin and Seungkwan made their way back to Seungkwans dorm to hang out (and by that they meant much...much worse), while Mingyu decided to crash with Wonwoo.

This wasn't the first time that they'd spent the night together, but they were't dating, nor were they alone together during that first time, so...

.oh, get those dirty thoughts out of your head!

"I can order more food later if you're still hungry, but uh..." Wonwoo trailed off, looking around his room. "I'm sorry the room is a mess...Shah was here earlier..."

"It's fine." Mingyu shrugged, taking his place on Wonwoos couch. "I can help you to clean it later, if you want." 

"You're interested in helping me clean?" Wonwoo asked, shaking his head "I can't make you do that."

"But it'll be fun!" Mingyu pouted, looking around Wonwoo's dormitory for his cleaning supplies. "I'll just help you to wipe down your furniture."

"With what?" Wonwoo asked "Jeonghan usually brings his supplies when he comes to help me clean..."

"But you're not dependent on them, huh." Mingyu smirked "We can go and pick some up if you'd like. They're leaving next week, so you're gonna have to start buying your own." 

"Yeah, yeah." Wonwoo sighed, forcing himself off of his bed. "To the convenience store?"

"Yeah, I have a discount." Mingyu held up his wallet. "We'll just pick up some wipes and maybe a broom."

"That's it?" Wonwoo asked "That's all you need?" 

"No, but it's a start. " He motioned for Wonwoo grab his coat "We'll be back around 11:00 PM ish, right?"

"I don't know." Wonwoo shook his head "You tell me, fam."

"Fam?" Mingyu asked "You called me fam when we were friends." He frowned. "Give me another nickname."

"Uh...alright." Wonwoo thought about it on his way towards Mingyu's car.

nickname? why does he need that

"Come on!" Mingyu whined "pick something!"

"How about...MinMin?" He asked, settling down in his seat. "That's cute, right?"

"I guess..." Mingyu trailed off, focusing his attention to the road "How about something cuter, though."

"Well, what's my name, then?" Wonwoo asked "Let's start with that."

"It's Wonnie." Mingyu shrugged . "It's easy! But you can't say MinMin cause it's too similar to mine."

"But that's the point!" Wonwoo exclaimed "They'll be matching, since they're both a play on our names." He tsked, pulling out his phone. "Let me look online, then."

Mingyu shook his head, pulling Wonwoos phone out of his hands.

"I'd rather you come up with your own." 

"Fine, fine." Wonwoo said, slumping down in his seat.

this stupid bubblegum dumdum lookin'-

oh, I got it!

"How about bubblegum?" Wonwoo asked.

"That's my nickname?" Mingyu asked. "That?"

"Yeah, cause you're so sweet." He said, pinching his cheeks.

"Well...if you say that..." Mingyu trailed off.

"Why's your face red?" Wonwoo asked "What's wr-"

is he....blushing???

"I'm not red..." Mingyu said, turning his head away.

"Yes you are!" Wonwoo teased. "Oh, we're here!"

Mingyus boss was suprised to say the least when he came in after hours, but he was glad to be able to sell off his products to Wonwoo, who was..well..lost.

"Why do we need bleach?" He asked as he looked down at Mingyus cart.

"For drinking." He rolled his eyes, making his way to checkout. "It's a cleaning agent that will help when cleaning your bathroom."

"But...alright." Wonwoo shook his head, looking down at what Mingyu bought. "That looks like a little more than just sanitary wipes, you know."

"Yeah..." Mingyu trailed off "they were 50% off, so..." 

"You're paying?" Wonwoo asked "I brought my wallet just inc-"

"Put that away right now." Mingyu scolded "It's my gift to you."

"Haven't you done enough, though?" Wonwoo frowned. "How much convinece store money do you have?"

"Too much." Mingyus co-worker spoke up from behind the counter, rolling her eyes. "It's cause the high school girls come in and tip him for being cute."

"Yeah, they do." Mingyu smiled sheepishly. "I'm not even sure if they should be giving me tips, though."

"No, no they shouldn't." His other co-worker tsked, pinching his arm. "I used to be the guy that the girls would come and visit, you know."

"You were?" Wonwoo asked, looking the guy up and down.

"Yes!" He said, shaking his head. "But then this guy came and now i'm back to my regular paycheck."

" for you." Mingyu shrugged, motioning for Wonwoo to lead the way. "Let's pick up for McDonalds!"

"We literally just ate." Wonwoo whined. "Must we?"

"You're never too full for chicken nuggets." 

-

"Are you excited for Shanghai?" Seungkwan asked, turning to Seokmin.

"Yeah!" He said. "I'm sorry that i'll have to be gone before we go, though." He pouted.

"Well, too bad. We ain't going to Shanghai anymore." Seungkwan shrugged. "It's cheaper to go to Florida, actually."

"What" Seokmin asked, sitting up from Seungkwans bed. "You're trying to get us to pay for a plane ticket to America?!"

"Yeah, why not?" Seungkwan asked, pulling Seokmin back down. "It's cheaper, and the quality of Disney World is better, apperently. Plus Hansol speaks english! He'll like...be our tour guide!"

"I-I guess." Seokmin rubbed his temples, thinking Seungkwans plan through. 

"It'll be fun." Seungkwan pouted. "Plus, disney world has variety when it comes to their hotels, so we won't have to share with anyone."

"Really? Seokmin asked. "Which hotel are you thinking? Nothing expensive, right?"

"No, no." He shook his head, loging onto his disney world account. "I've got it saved for later."

"Are there certain themes for Disney World?"

"Yeah! Here, it's the 'Art of Animation' resort." Seungkwan passed his phone over to Seokmin. "There's a Little Mermaid hotel."

"Oh, it's pretty!" He said. "And it's inexpensive?" 

"Well..."Seungkwan trailed off "Because there's so many of order at once, we get  a discount, but it's still disney world so..."

"It's alright. We're rolling in stacks from the musical, aren't we?"

"That's a fact." Seungkwan sighed. "We're basically rich."