Chapter one

Then Came My Cute Fake Boyfriend

Hi! So before I start, i'd like to give credit to a girl on tumblr (or guy idek) cause she made a Joshua x Reader AU that kinda followed the same concept as this lolz. I'm really sorry i don't remember their tumblr but when i find it i'll edit it in lol.

HEY THIS IS AN EDIT MADE ON 3-22-18 HEY THIS CHAPTER AND LIKE THE NEXT FIVE OR SO HIGHKEY ???uh  this fic gets better i promise my writing has gotten a lot better so if you're turned off by how trash this fic is believe me i get it this chapter was so stupid idk whats wrong with me but  yeah pls suffer through these chapters and if the chapters still continue to by like the 7th or 8th then im sorry lol

Wonwoo had just got off of his last class, Physics (drag), when his phone rang

"ignore this number" Pulled up on his screen, signalling that his great friend, Seungcheol, was calling him. 

 

"Hey, me and Jeonghan booked a reservation at the resturant on campus across the girls dorm. It's under the name Seungcheol."

Wonwoo sighed

It was 9:53 PM and he really didn't want to sit down with them now. 

"Do you mind if I take a rain check? I'm tired from class, plus the new episode of the golden anime Yuri On Ice (A.N: don't lie Wonwoo would totally watch this :c ) comes out tonight and i'm trying to catch it when it airs."

 

Wonwoo heard light mumuring before Jeonghan got on the phone.

 

"We are graduating in six months and you wanna watch Yuri On ing Ice?"

 

"Yes"

 

"....i'll buy you ice cream from the ice cream shop across from the resturant" 

 

Wonwoo contemplated this for awhile.

 

'Hang out with dumb and dumber but get free food (cause there was no way he was paying) or go to my dorm and sleep.'  He thought.

 

The lather was calling his name, but he felt bad. Seungcheol got reservations for the most expensive resturant on campus.

"Fine, i'll be there in ten" Wonwoo said, hanging up and beginning the journey  towards the resturant.

 

When Wonwoo got there though, he was pleasently suprised to see so few people there. He didn't want to deal with people so late, and was relieved that only about five to six groups of people were there. 

 

"Hi!" The lady at the counter said "Table for one?"

 

Wonwoo shook his head, giving her the name for the table. 

"Follow me! Your friend chose a table by the back with the windows, so i'll lead you to it" She said.

 

Wonwoo followed her around the resturant, lowkey shook that the resturant was fancier than he initially thought. 

 

He was brought out of his trance, however, when he got to the table, seeing a lone man at the two person table. 

"Here is your table. Let me know if you need anything!" She said, but Wonwoo wasn't focused on her, instead he was eyeing the guy who looked just as confused as him. 

"Um" The other boy started "I don't think this is correct" 

"Yeah... I don't know him at all" Wonwoo said, looking back at the man by the table.

 

The waitress looked confused for a second before snapping back into it 

"Oh yes! The boy who set up the reservation, Seungcheol, asked me to give these to you after you've arrived" She said, running her fingers through her pockets before pulling out two folded up pieces of paper. 

"Which one of you is Kim Mingyu?" She asked. The boy across from Wonwoo raised his hand, collecting the paper from her.

"And you must be Jeon Wonwoo?" She said, handing him the paper, which he regretfully collected from her.

 

"I'll send a waiter over to you in a few minutes!" She said, making her way towards the front. 

 

Wonwoo unfolded the paper and read the note his friend wrote to him.

 

"Since you wouldn't listen to me, I figured i'd take matters into my own hands. Since i'm the match-maker angel man, I know what's best! Sorry we had to throw you into this date, but you said I wasn't your best friend, so you kind of had it coming. Anyways, dinner is pre-paid, so enjoy your date! By the way, he's a little younger than you, and he majors in computer sciences and he likes videogames!!! Love, your best friends, Seungcheol and Jeonghan <3 "

 

Wonwoo sighed deeply before focusing his attention to Mingyu, who was staring at Wonwoo. 

 

"So.. they set us up on this?" Mingyu asked.

"Yup" Wonwoo said, reaching for the menu to find the cocktail drinks, since he was certainly going to need it. 

"Oh..." Mingyu said, slumping in his chair. 

Wonwoo looked over at the man across from him and slumped in his seat too. Wonwoo would be lying if he said he was ugly, but he wasn't sure what possesed Seungcheol and Jeonghan to trick the two of them into a date. 

"I'm so sick of them setting up dates for me" Wonwoo started, hoping to get a conversation going. 

Mingyu sat up in his seat and chimed in.

"Same! Last week, he sent me on a date with a guy who liked his cat more than anything else" Mingyu said, shuddering at the reminded thought.

"Yeah..." Wonwoo said, looking at the table with his hands folded neatly on them

"Hey..." Mingyu started "Do you..uh..want to..do something to get back at them?" 

Wonwoo looked up at the younger, curious to see what he meant.

"What do you mean 'get back at them'?" 

"Well..." Mingyu started "what if we pretend to date?" 

Wonwoo stayed silent, stunned by the words that came out.

"Not like a real relationship!" Mingyu said, clearing things up for Wonwoo, who let out a sigh of relief "But we can pretend to date and then break up in front of them" 

Wonwoo thought about his words, contemplating both the positives and the negatives. 

For one, he could finally teach the two idiots to stop setting up stupid dates for them, but he wasn't sure whether he really wanted to play Jeonghan and Seungcheol like that. He knew they had good intentions that just got carried out in a bad way. 

Wonwoo looked back up at Mingyu, who looked anxious to hear his answer. 

"Do you mind if I think about it?" Wonwoo asked. 

Mingyu looked disappointed, but quickly let it slide "Sure! In a meantime, though, uh...do you want to get icecream after this? After dinner I kind of want something sweet" 

Wonwoo nodded. smiling at him to ease pressure off of him.

 

Wonwoo and Mingyu would be lying if they said they didn't have a good time on the 'date'. They talked about college life, academic goals, and debated Team Light vs Team L. 

 

After their little ice cream date (Wonwoo finally got the flavor he wanted!!!) Mingyu walked Wonwoo back to his dorm, which was only a few short minutes away.

"how fast do you think Adam and Steve are gonna contact you?" Mingyu asked "I bet they're in your room right now"

"If they're in my room right now, they won't make it out without a broken bone" Wonwoo said, staring down at the sidewalk.

"Thats true, i'm gonna hope they let us live" Mingyu said, and Wonwoo smiled.

As they approched the door to the dorms, Mingyu pulled out his phone and gave it to Wonwoo

"Please copy my number in your phone and put yours in mine" 

Wonwoo did as he said, saving his contact as 'handsome tall guy', before handing Mingyu his phone back. 

"I'll message you tomorrow once I decide on whether I wanna go through with your plan"

Mingyu smiled at him, putting his phone back in his back pocket.

"No problem! Just let me know by tomorrow" 

Wonwoo nodded, giving his final goodbyes before heading back to his dorm.

'Tonight was...interesting....'  Wonwoo thought to himself, firing up his laptop.

He needed to get his weekly dose of gay animated characters now.

-

"Look! They're getting along!" Jeonghan whispered to Seungcheol, squeeling at the sight of Wonwoo, their sloth friend, actually enjoying Mingyus presence. 

"I told you!!!" Seungcheol said, eating his food like he was at the movies, stuffing his face while watching the romantic comedy of his two friends getting along.

"Should we follow them around? They look ready to leave" Jeonghan said, finishing the last of his meal.

"Yeah, we should....you know, for safety and all" Seungcheol said, trying his best to come up with any good excuse to see them together.

 

After paying, they took off a few minutes after. 

"Oh my god" Jeonghan started, shocked by the events taking place in front of them 

"Are they..." Seungcheol said in disbelief, shocked that they would do such a thing

"getting...icecream...together...?" Jeonghan said, tears of happiness excaping his eyes

"I can't believe our son, Wonwoo, and my close friend, Mingyu, have come together to go on a mini date after their great time at the resturant"  Seungcheol said, wiping tears away. 

"I've never felt so happy" Jeonghan said "Not even when we all those tickets at the arcade and won that stuffed toy. This is even better"

"They're leaving!!" Seungcheol said, alerting Jeonghan, who was busy improving a speech off the top of his head about how great Wonwoo and Mingyu were.

"Should we follow them?" Jeonghan asked, looking at the time. It was getting late and he was tired.

"Nah, as parents, we need to know when to stop. We should respect his privacy and leave now" Seungcheol said, proud that he was being the 'bigger man' 

"you're right" Jeonghan said "Lets get icecream now, the lady who hates us is working tonight" 

"shouldn't we be avoiding that place then?" Seungcheol asked

"No, we can annoy her with our homoualness, duh" Jeonghan said, dragging him to the iecream parlor

poor Seungcheol.