The Packed Day

Excuse Me?

Closer

 

"Woah, isn't that guy so freaking handsome?"

"Oh My God look at his body proportion!"

Mingyu turned his head towards the group of girls who were staring and talking about him. He smiled and gave a little bow with his head. The girls were shocked and embarrassed when they got caught staring and gossiping the model-like guy in front of them. They were too embarrassed that made them run away. Mingyu was giggling and found them cute. They might be a group of middle-schoolers. Mingyu was used to this attention. He acknowledged that he had a handsome face and a great proportion. He heard it a lot from most of the people. Not only his friends but also some strangers, just like those girls.

"Seriously, hat again?" Jaehyun was nagging from the edge of the shelf while folding his arms. Mingyu took the navy colored hat that displayed on the shelf and put it on his head.

"Doesn't it look good on me? I don't have a navy colored hat so I will buy it. Why I look so good? Ckckck… Ah, being handsome is a crime these days," Mingyu walked towards Jaehyun while took off the navy hat that he just wore.

"Let's go! We will be late for the movie," Jaehyun was leading the way to the cashier counter.

Mingyu gave the navy hat to the Cashier. After finished the transaction, Mingyu told the Cashier to not giving the plastic bag. He took the hat, cut the price tag and used it right away.

"Are you not buying anything?" Mingyu asked Jaehyun after they went out of the store.

"I bought earring and bracelet," Jaehyun lifted the small plastic bag on his hand.

"I think you aren't buying anything. I am about to get mad if you didn't. You asked me to come all the way here only to come to that store. Don't you know this place is so far? Moreover, it feels like it is twice the distance because of the heat," Mingyu was grumping because of the heat.

"Sorry dude but I curious about that shop. I like one of the bracelets that Haechan has. He told me that he bought it from this store. I came to one of the stores in Myungdong but the accessories collection is not that much. They mostly sell bags, clothes, and shoes in there. Haechan told me to come to this branch because it has more accessories collection," Jaehyun gave Mingyu a long explanation to made Mingyu understand the reason they came all the way here.

"I see, I see. Two thumbs up for our fashionista Mr. Jung! Don't forget to treat me something good as the accompanying fee," even after he knew the reason, Mingyu still complaining.

After walking in faster speed under the hot sun, Mingyu and Jaehyun finally arrived at the Cinema. They happily entered the Cinema. The Air Conditioner really one of the best inventions humans ever made. Once they entered, they were looking for an empty sofa and took some rest. The weather was so hot that made them so exhausted. It felt like they just running 3 laps. While they were resting, they observed their surroundings. Unlike usual, the Cinema was quite crowded today. It was probably because today was a holiday. Jaehyun looked at the clock and dragged Mingyu to the ticket counter. He was worried they won't make it in time because of the crowd. Their movie will start in 15 minutes but they were still needed to change the ticket and buy the snacks and drinks before entering the Studio.

While they were waiting on the line, Jaehyun took out the accessories he bought from the small plastic that he hanged on his wrist. He looked at it thoroughly as if he were checking whether it was the real gold or imitation.

"You really like it, huh?" Mingyu teased Jaehyun who was looking at the bracelet with a serious face.

"Yeah, the design really suits my taste. Hahaha… and the designer was creative. This bracelet was called Adam and Eve collection," Jaehyun was laughing while reading the bracelet's tag.

"What? Hahaha... it such a lame name. Don't say it was named after Adam and Eve because that bracelet has a pair?" Mingyu was laughing at the collection name.

"Hahaha... it is so easy to guess the meaning behind the name. But I like it. They are so creative," Jaehyun also found it lame but unique at the same time.

"What then? The woman who buys the other pair will become your soulmate?" Mingyu teased Jaehyun who looked fascinated by his bracelet.

"I don't trust something like that you know," Jaehyun who didn't even trust the existence of ghost wasn't fallen into some marketing strategy.

While Jaehyun was still busy observing his new accessories, Mingyu was looking around the cinema. Mingyu's eyes suddenly attracted to someone who sat on the sofa in Studio 5 corridor. He was focusing his eyes hoping to be able to see clearly. That boy was wearing a hat but somehow he looked like someone he knew.

Mingyu felt his phone was vibrating. Incoming call from Run-away Boy Jimin's Sis was written on the screen. Mingyu wondered the reason she called. He picked her phone call. She asked him about the movie that became a hot topic recently. Mingyu thought she asked him to accompany him to watch the movie. But, what she said later seems so suspicious and random. It seems like she wasn't focused. It's so unusual. Mingyu's detective instinct got awaken. He tried to combine all the puzzle pieces from his conversation and finally concluded. She must be here, in the same building at him. That's why she talked about the movie suddenly. She also asked the time of his movie. There was no doubt. She must be here. She might be going out with someone who wasn't supposed to saw him here, so she planned to hide. Maybe she was going on date and she didn't want him to report to her brother.

Jaehyun saw the clock and afraid they will be late because of the line so he decided to buy the popcorn while Mingyu changed the ticket. After successfully change their ticket, Mingyu was trying to find Chaeyoung. He was sure she was here. While they were on the phone earlier, she was shocked when he mentioned he was with Jaehyun. That could mean she was together with someone whom he and Jaehyun knew. Mingyu pretended to walk around the lobby while looking at the movie posters but secretly looking for her. His instinct told him that she must be standing on the toilet corridor because that was the only blind spot from his standing position. He was smiling with his movie scenario but he should enter the Studio because his movie was about to start.

Mingyu saw Jaehyun was finished bought their snacks. He seemed to look for MIngyu because he was looked so lost by looking left and right, scanned the whole lobby. Mingyu wanted to let Jaehyun find him at first, but he changed his plan because he saw Jaehyun's sight was stopped in a certain direction. It seems like he spotted someone. Mingyu quickly saw in Jaehyun's eyes direction and saw the same person he saw earlier. He quickly walked towards Jaehyun and before Jaehyun called that person, he put his hat on Jaehyun's head.

"What are you doing?" Jaehyun was shocked by Mingyu's sudden act.

"Your face is too burdensome. You attract too much attention. You'd better cover your face," Mingyu put his arm around Jaehyun shoulder and lead him to enter the studio.

"What? What do you mean?" Jaehyun was confused. He suddenly stopped walking because he hardly saw the floor. The hat was too low and it covered his eyes. He couldn't fix the hat because his hands were full of popcorn and colas.

"The girls keep talking about you. It's burdensome to walk with you because you are so handsome," Mingyu answered with any kind of words he had while silently monitoring Jungkook's position.

"Stop talking nonsense. Hey Mingyu, help me bring these snacks. I need to fix the hat. I can't see!" Jaehyun was complaining. Rather took the snacks, Mingyu choose to fix the hat after ensuring Jungkook safely walked outside. Jaehyun was relieved because he could finally see. Once he got his vision back, Jaehyun quickly turned his head to the right and left looking for something.

"What are you looking for?" Mingyu asked.

"I thought I just saw Jungkook," Jaehyun kept looking.

"I don't see him. Maybe you are mistaken," Mingyu lied.

"But I am sure I saw him! He wore a black hat and white shirt," Jaehyun still tried to found his friend.

"That's not important. Our movie will start in a minute, come on," Mingyu put his left arm around Jaehyun's shoulder again and grabbed Jaehyun's face with his right hand to force him to look front. The girls who just saw them were smiling and Mingyu smiled back at them making them screaming.

***

"Oh My God!" Chaeyoung screamed in surprised.

"What? What's going on?" Jungkook panicked but still managed to look natural while walking towards the exit.

"I think ….. Jaehyun just found you," Chaeyoung replied with a sad voice.

Jungkook almost stopped walking because of the shock, but he remembered he couldn't. He really wanted to ask Jaehyun's position but he was afraid if he talked, Jaehyun would recognize his voice. The best way was walking as nothing happened.

"Wait, no, I think I was mistaken. It seems like he is looking for Mingyu. He didn't look at your direction again. Now, keep walking," Chaeyoung relieved because she saw Mingyu walked toward Jaehyun and it got him distracted. Jungkook was safely escaping the danger zone and now he was passing through the corridor where Chaeyoung stood. Chaeyoung followed him a minute later.

Chaeyoung finally could breathe the fresh air. She just experienced how the secret agent tried to escape the mafia gang. She looked around wondering which way Jungkook took. She chose to walk towards the subway station. From afar, she could saw Jungkook was waiting in front of the shop. She walked closer and as she got closer she saw the shop. He might acclaim that he wasn't smart but he was wrong.

Jungkook was standing in front of Takoyaki stall. It's so clever. Even if he bumped into someone he knew, they might not know if he actually waiting for someone. Jungkook's eyes were glued to the vendor's hands which busy making the Takoyaki and didn't realize Chaeyoung was already standing beside him.

"What are you ordered?" Chaeyoung asked Jungkook.

"Oh, you are here. I ordered Takoyaki with barbeque sauce. Do you want it too?" Jungkook was smiling as he saw her and offered her to buy the Takoyaki.

"One small package of salty flavor, please," Chaeyoung ordered her Takoyaki.

"I am sorry. I didn't expect we will meet my friends here. I know Mingyu and Jaehyun planned to watch the movie together today, but I had no idea they watch it here. Dokyeom too. He said he already had an appointment so he can't join Mingyu and Jaehyun. It's so unexpected to meet him here," Jungkook apologized because he almost ruined their plan.

"Maybe Dokyeom had an appointment with his other friends here," Chaeyoung was trying to make him less guilty because she knew he wasn't expected it. Besides, he originally asked her to watch the movie yesterday. It's clearly not his fault.

"But he said he was alone. Sir, can you please add more sauce? Thank you!" Jungkook responded to Chaeyoung's statement then asked the Vendor as he putting the topping on top of Jungkook's order. The vendor put on two toothpicks on the Takoyaki after putting on more sauce.

"Here you go. Be careful it's still very hot," said the Vendor to warned Jungkook when he handed it to Jungkook.

"Thank you," Jungkook accepted it politely from the Vendor with both hands.

"But, you also lied to him. You also said you were come alone, right?" Chaeyoung was reminding Jungkook while still looking at the Vendor's hands flipping the Takoyaki ball.

"Yeah I did," Jungkook admitted.

"Let's assume he was in the same situation as us," Chaeyoung tried to be on the neutral party by defended Dokyeom.

"You are right. Maybe he was having a secret date or something," Jungkook muttered the last sentence unconsciously.

"Secret… date?" Chaeyoung's brain kept repeating that word. She was blushed when she heard it. Her rational side kept telling her that he said it without meaning anything but her emotional side couldn't think like that.

Jungkook stole a glance at Chaeyoung because she didn't respond to him. Her cheeks were all pink and it made her looked like a peach. Jungkook was wondering whether her face had been all red since before or she just got shy. But, what made her shy? He didn't do anything… Jungkook remembered what he just said and it made him embarrassed.

Chaeyoung who felt she was being watched turned her head to Jungkook and it made Jungkook awkward. He was afraid in case his face turned red too. To hide from this embarrassment situation, he put a whole piece of takoyaki into his mouth without further thinking.

"AHH SHHH, IT'S HOT!" Jungkook's tongue was burned because of the hot takoyaki.

Chaeyoung who saw it was panicked but she couldn't do anything. She just saw him got his tongue burned with an anxious face. The vendor was smiling and his face looked like he said: "I already told you it is hot". Jungkook was getting more embarrassed. Jungkook couldn't spit out the takoyaki so he forcefully chewed it and digest it.

"Are you okay?" Chaeyoung who was worried ensure his condition.

"Yeah. I am okay. Although it's hot, it's delicious," Jungkook talked while still blowing into hot takoyaki on his mouth.

Chaeyoung was smiling because she found him cute. The vendor called Chaeyoung and gave her the takoyaki she ordered. Chaeyoung received it with both hands. When she was about to pay for it, Jungkook handed the money to the Vendor. Chaeyoung thanked him for the treat.

"Anyway, would you like to exchange with me?" Chaeyoung asked Jungkook when they left the stall.

Jungkook didn't understand what she means and it showed on his face. Chaeyoung realized it and explained that whether Jungkook wanted to exchange some of his takoyaki with her. She said she used to do it with her friends. She wanted to taste the takoyaki with barbeque sauce. She knew she wasn't that close with Jungkook to exchange their food but, when it came to food, she could throw away her pride. She never tastes takoyaki from this stall before so she was so eager to taste it.

They were walking down the street while eating their afternoon snacks. It's Chaeyoung's first time to come to this street. She was so eager to explore this new place. She looked at the stores in this street and felt nostalgic. It's been so long when she enjoyed walking down the shopping street.

"This shopping street is so huge. It's my first time coming here. I guess it will take at least half a day to explore all this area thoroughly," Chaeyoung was so happy and excited and even estimated the least time needed to walk around this area.

"Oh, you are right," Jungkook responded while eating his last piece of takoyaki.

Chaeyoung was walking and munching her Takoyaki all smiley. She didn't know why she suddenly became so hyped. Maybe, because the Takoyaki she ate was delicious. The taste was close to the one she ate while she went on vacation in Japan. Or maybe, because she finally could enjoy window-shopping after a long time. Or maybe, …. She stopped thinking because she was having a hard time to hide her smile.

"Should we heading home?" Jungkook suddenly suggested his idea and it made Chaeyoung's smile completely disappear. She was very sad that even made her forgot to reply to Jungkook's question.

"Chaeyoung? Hey Park Chaeyoung?" Jungkook called her name because she seemed so lost.

"Oh? Yes. Ah yeah. I think… so too. It will be troublesome if we go home late. It's already 5 and I should head back home early or Jin Oppa will kill me," Chaeyoung replied to him with an indescribable expression. She was upset and kinda annoyed but forced her lips to smile. Her lips were smiling but her eyes didn't felt that way. Somehow, it made her expression looked so weird.

Chaeyoung couldn't hide her feeling once she finished her words. She became more sad and upset in every step she took to reach the station. She was upset because she couldn't enjoy the walk and sad because of the thought of Jungkook's reason to go home early. There were lots of possible reasons that were listed on her brain but the one which sat in the first place was: he might found her boring. The second one was: he just asked her to watch the movie. He didn't say he wanted to walk around the city and even having dinner. He already bought her a snack. Besides, he might want to hang out with his friends so that he needed to send her home first. But, what's the point to sneakily escape the Theater. He could just meet his friend back then and send her a text to let her go home first. The third rank was: Ah, maybe his promise with Seokjin which said not to hang out so late causing him to want to go home early. Yeah, he wasn't wrong. But no matter how many positive reasons she was thinking of, she still felt upset, annoyed and sad.

Jungkook realized that something was wrong with her. He definitely could sense that her mood was suddenly changed. While they were walking in silence towards the subway station, Jungkook was thinking so hard to figure out what made her upset. Did he say something wrong? But it seems like he didn't say something that offends her even after they almost reach the subway station.

"We arrived. You don't have to walk me home. The sun is still up there, I can go home by myself," Chaeyoung said the farewell with an annoyed voice.

"Ah, really? But, are you sure?" Jungkook sounds worried.

"Yes, of course," Chaeyoung replied it firmly. Chaeyoung was pissed and she hardly hides it. She really wanted to climb down the stairs and left him immediately, but she still had one piece of Takoyaki left. She looked at it and scoffing. She got pissed when she looked at it because their time was ended at the same time as they finished eating all of it.

"Well, I see. But, are you okay if you go home by yourself? I mean, it's okay for me. I can walk you home" Jungkook offered to walk her home.

"I said it's okay. It's not like I am sick or anything. I am healthy and brave enough to go home by myself. I used to go home late anyway. I know you made a promise with Seokjin Oppa but, you don't have to think about it. I really can go home by myself" Chaeyoung answered while cleaned up the sauce on the paper plate using the last piece of her takoyaki.

"No. That's not what I mean. I just you know… a bit worry. Earlier, you… you just have your period, right?" Jungkook could smell there will be a big misunderstanding if he didn't explain his true intention so he decided to tell her. Although he felt so shy and it caused him to get stuttered.

"Yes, that's right. So?" Chaeyoung was confused. She didn't know why he asked that question. Honestly, she didn't want to bring up that topic again because it makes her embarrassed.

"So, I think, if it's better for us to go home… together," Jungkook answer not make Chaeyoung understand his intention, rather it made her even more confused. Chaeyoung didn't respond and wait for his further explanation while stabbing the takoyaki which got covered by the remaining sauce with the toothpick. Jungkook could sense that Chaeyoung demanding further explanation so he was thinking hard to explain. He gave up finding better words so he decided to go with the simple vocabulary that stored on his brain.

"Isn't it hurt? I mean, get period? I learn in Biology class that women are bleeding. Well, you know getting pricked on your finger or get cut by the knife are hurt. Well… I mean… It is always hurt when you are bleeding… so….," Jungkook was trying his best to explain what was on his mind. He carefully chose his words so that it won't be offended or too vulgar.

"WAIT, WHAT, SO YOU THINK PERIOD IS… HAHAHAHAHAHAHA…. HAK HAK… UHUK UHUK…," Chaeyoung was laughing so hard that caused her choked by the last piece of Takoyaki which she just put on . The takoyaki ball that she ate was stuck on . Chaeyoung was coughing in pain while Jungkook was in a panic. He patted Chaeyoung's back to help her swallow the takoyaki. He looked at the surrounding shops and luckily the minimart was right behind them. He entered the minimart and grabbed a bottle of water. He didn't even pay it. He opened the tube and gave it to Chaeyoung. Chaeyoung gulped the water down and it helped her to swallow the takoyaki ball. They both breathe in relieved. Jungkook remembered he should pay for the water so he told Chaeyoung to wait for him while he went back to the minimart.

While Jungkook was paying for the water, Chaeyoung was waiting for him on the bench in front of the minimart. She tried to organize her breath so that it could back to normal. Suddenly Chaeyoung remembered the time when she was almost lost her breathe because of Jungkook's cigarette. This man was dangerous. She almost died twice when she was near him. She was giggling when she thought about it.

"What's so funny?" Jungkook was sitting beside her after paid the water. He looked at Chaeyoung with confusion. He thought Chaeyoung was weird because she was smiling by herself.

"Ah, no. I just suddenly remember. We often trapped in near death situation," Chaeyoung told him the reason for her giggle.

"Often? I think it's the first time and I hope it is the last time. By the way, I feel uncomfortable when we talk about it. I think this is not something that could laugh for," Jungkook was kinda mad because she was thinking this situation was funny meanwhile he was scared to death.

"Sorry if my joke is not funny. Sorry for making you panic too. I won't joke about it again," Chaeyoung felt sorry towards him. He might be so scared because he thought he almost killed someone. Chaeyoung could understand his feeling that's why she felt so guilty.

"No, I am the one who supposed to apologize. Sorry. I suddenly get carried away. I just had some kind of bad memory so yeah… I kind of traumatized," Jungkook realized that he might act out of the border. She just joking and he was responding to it seriously. After he apologized, both of them didn't say a word. They might be reflecting on their own mistakes.

The silence was broken when Chaeyoung picked up the incoming call. She thanked Jimin because he called her at the perfect time.

"Hello little brother," Chaeyoung greeted Jimin on the phone.

"What?? Why did you suddenly speak in English," he was mocking his sister.

"Why? Can't I? It's not like you don't understand English though," Chaeyoung kept spoke in English which made Jimin smell something suspicious.

"Why? Your date isn't going smoothly?" Jimin knew her habit. Whenever she felt extremely happy or sad she would speak in English. Her voice sounds so down that make Jimin speculated she wasn't in a happy situation.

"WHAT??" Chaeyoung was yelling then smiling awkwardly towards Jungkook because Jungkook seemed startled.

"what date?" she whispered to the phone afraid Jungkook would hear her.

"Ah, your date must be a fail. You don't even want to call it a date. Did you being dumped?" Jimin still made fun of his sister.

"Forget it. Let's get to the point. Why are you calling me?" Chaeyoung changed the topic because she knew he won't stop teasing her.

"Buy me dinner. You don't leave any food for me. You must be in hang out places. I am craving for a steak. Tenderloin, medium well, with potato wedges or french fries," Jimin took his order.

"Steak? Oh, come on. Don't you want something else?" Chaeyoung objected.

"No. I don't. Alright then, if you don't want to buy it, just forget it. I will ask Jin Hyung for making me dinner," Jimin was threatening Chaeyoung. He knew she didn't tell Jin about her date.

"Geez… Okay, okay. I got it. I will buy as you requested. BUT, don't blame me if it took so long to arrive. Besides, I won't guarantee the taste. I don't know when I will arrive home. Don't complain if it gets cold," Chaeyoung warned Jimin.

"You should come home before 9 though. I won't complain, just buy me a steak. Then, I won't tell Jin Hyung that you go on a date," Jimin giggled.

"Don't you dare to tell him. If you don't have anything to say, then I will hang up. Bye," Chaeyoung end the phone call.

Chaeyoung stood up as soon as she ended the phone call. She told Jungkook that she might not go home now. She had somewhere she needs to visit. Her brother asked her to buy dinner. Chaeyoung didn't want to bother Jungkook because of her matter so she told him to go a separate way. Jungkook also stood up and said he will accompany her. Jungkook said he knew a good steak restaurant around here. Chaeyoung's red was getting redder because she felt so touched although she knew Jungkook just being kind. Jungkook who saw her red face was feeling shy. He thought Chaeyoung was embarrassed because he was listening to her conversation. He didn't want to create a bad image so he quickly clears the misunderstanding by saying he didn't have any intention to eavesdropping but since she talked loudly he couldn't help but hear. Chaeyoung became more embarrassed but she said it's okay. She was grateful too because Jungkook voluntary her to the steak restaurant.

While they were walking towards the steak restaurant, Chaeyoung couldn't stop to feel uneasy. Although she was happy that they at least didn't go home so early, it felt like she just took advantage of his kindness. Jungkook must have a misunderstanding about her condition. She should clear the things up for him. So that she could know whether he was accompanying her based on pity or because he was really sincere.

"By the way, hmm… I think I obligated to clear something up for you. This is about menstrual pain. I am afraid you had the wrong idea about it. It will be long and kind of hard to explain, but I will try to put it simply. The fact is, not all women are having menstrual pain. Some of them are fine when they have their period. They don't feel any pain. It is the same as when they aren't in their period.

"But, some of them have to experiences that pain. The level of the pain they had also different for each person, from light cramp to unbearable pain that can even make them passed out. Ah, about the pain. You don't imagine it as getting hurt as you get cut on your finger and bleeds. I mean that area is fine, but the locations of the pain are on the lower abdomen and lower back. People described the pain was like a cramp. My friend describes the pain is like having thousands of needles are pricked on your stomach. Well, since you are an athlete maybe it feels like an ordinary cramp that you may ever experience on your feet, but imagine it happen on your stomach. It hurts so much that some of us didn't even can sit up. Oh my God, I am sorry for sudden Biology session," Chaeyoung was laughing after ended her short Biology class.

Jungkook listened to her with full attention. He tried to imagine the pain she described. He unconsciously held his lower abdomen. Today, he just discovered the other side of the menstrual period. He only knew it through Biology Book. Now, he learned about what happens to women when they have periods. Now, it makes sense why some companies give a menstrual day off for their women employees.

"Woah, I don't know it can be that painful. A cramp on my feet that lasted for a minute is so painful. I can't imagine how I can experience a cramp on my stomach once a month. Women indeed amazing," Jungkook was amazed at the fact he just heard. He couldn't imagine how painful it was and how could women deal with that pain every month.

"Not to mention how annoying the mood swing we have to experience before the period. Have your friends ever tell you about how annoying their girlfriend was because they suddenly get so sensitive? Like, get angry over something small or being overly annoying because of their bad mood?" Chaeyoung continued her lecture again.

"Well… I heard about it. They said men should avoid their girlfriend when they are on their periods," Jungkook admit it shyly.

"We too find it so annoying. We always in the state of war against our hormone. It is not like we want to be sensitive or annoying. It just naturally happens. It is also tiresome you know. Like, our mood could change more often than the time we eat in a day. We can be very happy in the morning but then get so blues in the evening, then suddenly get annoyed and angry in ten minutes after. We often regret why we are being so emotional before we go to bed. Get angry and annoyed over something small and pick a fight with our friends. It makes us feel so guilty," Chaeyoung was on fire when she talked about it. She always got annoyed whenever her friends talked about their fight with their boyfriends because of their hormone war.

"Women really have an intense war against their hormone. Changing mood in a short period sounds exhausting. Sadly we can't do anything about it. Men supposed to be more understanding and tolerable about this phenomenal," Jungkook was embarrassed after he found out about this fact. He never experienced it but he felt embarrassed on behalf of his friends.

"That's why you should treat your Mom, sister, friends and… your girlfriend well. Now, you know about this fact so you are obligated to respect every woman," Chaeyoung was satisfied because she just gave him enlightenment.

"Haha… Yeah, I guess I have no choice. Anyway, what about you?" Jungkook still worried about her.

"Me? Hmm… Luckily, I am the one who doesn't have to experience it. So, you don't have to worry about me," Chaeyoung was touched because he was worried about her. She even more touched after she realized that Jungkook might be want to go home early because he was afraid she was in pain. To thought about it again, unlike his mature and manly looked, his mind was kind of innocent like a little boy.

Jungkook suddenly slowed down his steps. He looked around carefully. He seemed like he was trying to remember the location of the restaurant. Chaeyoung looked at his action and suddenly got scared. She was afraid Jungkook didn't remember the place or he was lost. The memory when she dragged Jungkook away to the creepy neighborhood and got lost when trying to find the main street was popping out on her head. Chaeyoung giggled then took her phone. She didn't want to walk far away then come back again just because he forgot. Now, it's time to ask Google for the direction.

Chaeyoung was busy looking at her phone and didn't aware Jungkook was already stopped. She took her eyes off the screen once Jungkook called her. Jungkook said they already arrived and pointed at the steak restaurant. Chaeyoung moved her head following the direction of Jungkook's index finger. Her face suddenly changed into the slightly-disappointed face. Jungkook who saw her experience become anxious. He worried that she might not like it. He tried to ensure her by saying his foodie friend was the one who recommended this place. His friend was one of the popular foodies on Instagram.

"I know this place. I've been here before. It is popular among my friends too. But, honestly, I don't really like it here. Well, it doesn't mean like the food is not good. Hmm… How should I describe it, this restaurant is good because it serves the expensive best quality beef. But, being expensive not guarantee the taste. I am so thankful you recommend it, I appreciate it. But, I should show you a better steak restaurant. Come on, I will bring you there. I look up on Google and they open their branch here," Chaeyoung rejected Jungkook's recommendation as polite as she can then lead the way to the better steak restaurant while looking on Google Maps.

Both of them arrived in front of a small steak restaurant. Chaeyoung came inside first followed by Jungkook. The waitress greeted them but then apologize because all the tables were full. Jungkook was surprised. He didn't expect this small restaurant was popular. Chaeyoung asked Jungkook whether he wanted to eat dinner now but he refused. He said he still full. Maybe he will eat a couple of hours later. Chaeyoung then ordered for takeaway.

Chaeyoung and Jungkook were sitting in the waiting area outside the store. Jungkook told Chaeyoung that he hadn't heard about this place before. His friend was a foodie, but he hadn't heard about this place. Jungkook was amazed by how Chaeyoung knew about this place. Chaeyoung said that she also a foodie. She loved to explore a new restaurant with her friends although she never wrote a review or posted it on SNS. She proudly said she knew much of good restaurants. While they were waiting, she gave a review of the restaurants across the road. Jungkook tried to remember it so that he could tell Taehyung later.

When they were in the middle of the conversation, the waitress came outside. She informed Chaeyoung that her order may take longer to get done because of the abundant orders. Chaeyoung looked at Jungkook because she felt bad. Jungkook said it was okay for them to wait. She thanked him and told the waitress that she will wait for it. She asked the waitress whether she could take it later because she wanted to walk around the area while waiting. The waitress said it was okay so that she happily thanked her.

Chaeyoung stood up and said she was kinda want to window shopping. She turned her head to left and right while observing the store on both sides. She was analyzing which way should she take. After thinking for a few seconds, she decided to go to the right side. She walked to the right side but then Jungkook told her to turn left. He said there were lots of shops on the left side.

"You seem to know well about this area," Chaeyoung quip Jungkook because he was late to tell her. She looked like a fool by thinking for a moment about which way she should take.

"Not that well. It's my… second? No, it the third time I come," Jungkook replied casually without realized Chaeyoung was pissed.

"Ah… Did you go with your teammates? It's kind of strange tough to choose this place as a hangout place. It is more likely to be a hideout place," Chaeyoung tried to dig about the status of this area.

"Kind of. We first discover this place because of Mingyu. He was once run away from the practice and went here. Since it's far from our school, so it's hard to find him. Eventually, we skipped the practice together. The next time we came was to reminiscence our dark history," Jungkook explained.

Chaeyoung was nodded. Now, she knew why they kept bumping into his friends. Chaeyoung was laughing inside her head because of Jungkook's foolishness. He wanted to watch the movie secretly by bringing her here, but it turned out his team hideout place. What a great idea. But, instead got pissed Chaeyoung thought he was funny. The deeper she learned about him, the cuter he got.

The weather wasn't as hot as before. It was perfect to strolling on the street. Both Jungkook and Chaeyoung were enjoying the afternoon walk. Chaeyoung felt so refreshed because it's been so long for her to enjoying this activity. She almost forgot when was the last time she felt so happy walking around the shopping district. Ever since her parents went bankrupt, she avoided window shopping. She was afraid it could make her sad because she couldn't buy cute and pretty clothes or accessories. Although sometimes she should go because of her friends, she always got pressured. Maybe because today she could accept the reality and didn't have to hide, she could enjoy it again. Unknowingly, she was smiling brightly when she was walking.

Jungkook was walking with his normal speed but he always walked ahead of her. Sometimes he will stop over and looked back only to check whether she was still walking behind him. Unlike before, her walking speed somewhat got slower. He began to felt like he was hanging out with his Mom. His Mom walked so slowly because she kept looking at the display of the store. Sometimes, she would come into a store only to look around, check the price then exit the store. He thought that maybe all women have the same hobby.

The cute shoes and bag behind the glass walls distracted Chaeyoung's attention. Her mind was full of reviews. She was smiling so brightly when she saw it but once she saw the price tag, the smile turned into the bitter one. Chaeyoung decided to stop looking at the display because she couldn't afford to buy it. She was looked around the street, enjoying the view while observing her surroundings. There were a lot of people, some of them were the group of female friends looked so happy after exiting the make-up store, the lovey-dovey young couple who wore couple shirts while eating ice cream, and also the old couple who walked side to side by holding hands. She took out her phone and began to capture that moment. She shouldn't miss this beautiful view. After she took the picture of the old couple and saw the result of it, she realized that she didn't come here alone.

The street began to become more crowded as the sun began to set. She was panicking while looking around to find Jungkook. She accelerated her steps while kept looking to her left and right sides. She finally could breathe normally after she saw a familiar back. They almost separated by 10 meters away. She hurriedly walked towards Jungkook afraid she will lose him again. Right at that moment, Jungkook was stopped and looked back. He smiled and waited for her. She smiled back and walked at normal speed again.

"I am sorry. I must be very slow. Hehehehe…," Chaeyoung apologized as soon as she reached him.

"It's okay," Jungkook ensured her that he was okay with this. He was used to it anyway.

"It's been a long time for me to walking around the shopping district like this. It's so fun and refreshing. Although I can't afford to buy it, only by looking at it make me happy," Chaeyoung couldn't stop smiling.

Chaeyoung suddenly pulled Jungkook's arm while pointed out the store not far from their position. Jungkook was startled because she suddenly dragged him to that store. She said the store was selling great goods with high quality at a relatively cheap cost. Although it wasn't famous branded goods, the quality and design were comparable. It was owned by the local designer that's why the price was affordable. Jungkook never came to that store before, but once he got in, he knew what Chaeyoung's means. He had a big interest in fashion too and the store sells lots of goods which suit his taste. Both of them then went on a separate way, busy choosing the goods they were interested in.

"Why you put it down again? Don't you like it?" Jungkook appeared beside Chaeyoung who just put down the wallet on its shelf.

"Yeah it's cute but it's quite pricey. Besides, I don't really need it. My old wallet is still in a good shape though," Chaeyoung smiled but her eyes still glued on the wallet.

"Just buy it if you like it. You will regret later," Jungkook encourage her to buy the wallet.

"Ah, how could 300.000 won now felt so pricey. I used to spend that amount of money like it was nothing before," Chaeyoung mumbled.

"Euung? What did you say?" Jungkook asked Chaeyoung because he wasn't sure about what he just heard.

"Nothing. Just mumbling. Anyway, I think the steak is ready. Let's go," Chaeyoung lead the way to go out.

Jungkook took that wallet when Chaeyoung was already left. The designed was unique and classy. She indeed had good taste in fashion. He saw the price. It was 300.000 won. He put it down again immediately afraid Chaeyoung would come back. He left the store with a confused mind. He didn't expect her to say the wallet was pricey. Well, compared to what she wore today. The Chanel sling bag, Nike Air shoes, and her clothes. He wasn't sure about her clothes brand but he was sure it was branded goods. Maybe, what she was wearing was the fake one. But, she didn't look like the type to buy imitate goods.

"Hey!" Chaeyoung called him when he got out of the store. He was surprised and it made him looked stupid. He was smiling and when he saw her, he thought he was truly stupid. Why did he even bother to think about what she wore was imitate or original goods. He thought he was too nosy by trying to judge what she wore and figured out her financial status. He decided to forget about it as they were walking back to the restaurant.

Without they realize, they already spent one and half hour since they left the Theater. It's already 6 and it's time for dinner. They walked out of the steak restaurant and heading towards the Subway Station. Jungkook's stomach already growling and when he looked at his watch, he didn't surprise. It's time for dinner. He thought it was not polite if he didn't treat her for dinner. He was the one who invited her to a movie and hanging out until dinner time. Somewhat he felt responsible to buy her dinner. He wanted to ask her but he was hesitating. He saw that she bought two packages of steak. She said she bought it for her brother's dinner. Maybe she already promised her brother that she would eat at home. Besides, if she eats dinner with him, her brother will have late dinner and might be starving.

"Do you take the subway too?" Chaeyoung asked Jungkook who was spacing out.

"Hey!" Chaeyoung called him again to bring him back to reality.

"Yes? Oh sorry. What did you say?" Jungkook finally back to earth after wandering on the space.

"Do you take the subway too?" Chaeyoung repeated her question. The station was only 10 meters away so that she asked him. She felt uneasy if he took the subway because of her.

"Emm? Yes," Jungkook replied shortly. He still thinking about the dinner and had internal conflict inside his head. He was still thinking hard whether he should ask her or not.

The station was getting near and he still hadn't decided. Chaeyoung already stepped down two stairs when he finally made up his mind. Chaeyoung stopped walking down because Jungkook still waiting upstairs. She looked at him with a confused face. She wondered whether he forgot something so that he should go back.

"Do you want to grab dinner before going home?" Jungkook finally asked her for dinner. He always so nervous and anxious whenever he should ask her something. But, most nerve-wracking was while waiting for her answer. His palms were suddenly sweating a lot and his heart was beating faster. What's made it more nerve-wracking was because he can't predict her answer. Her expression was kind of hard to guess. Chaeyoung looked at the clock on her phone. She thought for seconds then stared at Jungkook.

"Emm… I'd love too but I think we should leave," Chaeyoung showed apology smile.

"Aaah… Yeah, I do think so," Jungkook tried so hard to not sounds embarrassed and disappointed because she rejected his offer. Although he got rejected he felt somewhat relieved. At least he asked her. It's better than regret it later.

"Let's have dinner somewhere else. Mingyu and Jaehyun most likely finished their movie now. I don't want to take a risk bump into them again," Chaeyoung afraid that they will get caught after successfully escape earlier. Her hard work to become a secret agent shouldn't be wasted.

"Oh, you are right," Jungkook didn't know how to respond. He was speechless. He didn't know what he felt right now. Suddenly he got slightly relieved and happy. He couldn't describe his feeling but right now he can't talk and what he can do was only smiling happily.

The train was coming and both of them came inside. Chaeyoung was sitting on the edge of the seat and Jungkook sat next to her. Jungkook took out his phone once he sat down. He read the unread messages from his group chat or personal messages from his friends. He was smiling on his phone when he read his friends jokes on a group chat. While Jungkook was busy reading the chats, Chaeyoung was staring at him in jealousy. She took her phone too and pressed the home button so that it will turn on. There were several notifications. Sh thee swipe the screen to unlocked then swipe the notification to delete it from the home screen. After she erased all the notification, she pressed the power button so that the screen will turn off. She kept holding her phone and stared at it with a sad expression. She pressed the power button again to turn on the screen then after she stared at it for a second, she pressed it again to turn off the screen. She did it several times without realizing it.

"Do you fight with your friends?" Jungkook asked Chaeyoung after put his phone in his pocket. He felt guilty because he left her unaccompanied by playing with his phone. He then discovered that Chaeyoung only and off her phone screen. He kept observing her and he decided to have a conversation with her. He knew she might fight with someone. He once did the exact same thing as her when he fought with Jaehyun.

Chaeyoung stared at Jungkook in shock. Then she looked away because she felt embarrassed. She didn't answer him because she felt like she got caught right-handedly. She was afraid she can't win against her hormone. She was on the first day of the period. She was afraid she can't control her emotions if she talked about her fight with her friends. She didn't want to cry in public place, moreover in front of Jungkook.

"I also did the same thing as you when I fought with my friend. I know I might sound like a smartass but I will give tips. It based on my experiences. Do you want to hear it?" Jungkook slowly approached her.

"Sounds good. What is it?" Chaeyoung interested in his tips and it made Jungkook smile.

"Don't fight for too long. Three days is enough for you to reflect. If at that time you realize you are the wrong one, then, don't hesitate to apologize. But, if you think you are not wrong, you also should apologize. I know some people might have big pride so that they won't apologize if they thought they are not the ones who did wrong. But, as for me, my friendship is more important than my pride. I don't want to waste my memories I shared with friends to be wasted over some arguments.

"Besides, in arguments, you are not completely innocent though. Both parties might do mistakes, whether you realize it or not. If there is no mistake then, that won't turn into a fight," Jungkook changed his tone to more deep and mature when he gave Chaeyoung the advice. This time, he was so confident with his words. He truly believes that experience is the best teacher.

Chaeyoung only responded with a smile. Inside her head, she was counting how long she had been in the cold war with her friends. It felt like they were fighting for over a week. She looked so apologetic and regretted when she remembered what Jungkook said. She wanted to reach them first, but, she was afraid her friends still angry at her. She just did terrible sin and she was afraid to apologize. Jungkook saw her gloomy face and guessed that she must have a big fight and it was the first. Unlike him who often argued or being a mediator to his teammate who got into arguments, it seems like she had a harmonious relationship with her friends. It could lead to even more heart-breaking when they got into a fight.

"There is a saying which always calms me down whenever I got into an argument, the first to apologize is the bravest, the one who forgives is the strongest and the … what is it again?" Jungkook forgot about the last sentence. Now, he regretted that he ever say that. He wanted to look cool but it's made him more like a fool.

"The first to forget is the happiest," Chaeyoung continued his sentence while giggling.

"Yes. That one! It is a nice saying. Just remember that saying and also don't forget about what I said. Three days," Jungkook made three numbers using his hand. Chaeyoung was nodding and repeated what he said. He was glad when she finally not looking so gloomy. They both laughing and then fall into silence. They leaned on the seat and look at their reflection on the window. They both fall into their thought.

Jungkook staring at his reflection and didn't believe what he just did. Did he just cheer her up? Oh My God, he didn't even believe he tried to do cute things by making the three sign with his fingers. His face was getting warmer. He wondered what gotten into him so that he could act like that with someone he barely knew. They didn't spend so much time together but why he even think to cheer her up. He thought they weren't that close yet. While he was wondering and questioning about his behavior, his gaze slowly moved towards the reflection of Chaeyoung.

Through the reflection, Jungkook could tell Chaeyoung still thinking about her fight. Somehow, he felt guilty because he brought up that sensitive topic. Besides, she said before that women were tended to have mood swings before and when they were in period. Think about it again, she was so happy when they watch the movie, suddenly got pissed after the movie, got happy again when she was window shopping, and now she was super gloomy. He needed to become more careful so that he won't hurt her feeling.

"What do you want for dinner?" Jungkook broke the silence.

"I don't know. I thought you already had something in your mind. You know, since you are the one who asks me," Chaeyoung replied with a brighter voice. Jungkook was relieved because she seems to get better.

"I actually, don't have one. You told me that you are a foodie and you know lots of good restaurants. So, it will be better if you recommend a good place. Don't you think so?" Jungkook has no idea where should they go. He couldn't say the invitation was made at the last minute.

"Yes, that's true. But, if you have something specific, then I will recommend a place. For example, if you want to eat sushi or bibimbap then I will take you to a good place," Chaeyoung was so excited when it comes to food.

"Honestly… I don't have anything in my mind right now. Usually, I am the type to always say "up to you" whenever I have group dinner. So, anything you want to eat? Maybe something you never tried before? I literally omnivore and not picky about my food so… You can decide," Jungkook was sincere with his words.

Chaeyoung was thinking hard about the food she never tried. It took longer than she thought. It's not like she tried all the food from all over the world. She only tried the signature dish and had visited so many restaurants. The smile was blooming on her face when she finally discovered what she wanted to eat.

"I have something in my mind, but, are you sure you can eat anything?" Chaeyoung sounded worried but her eyes didn't say so. Her eyes were sparkling like a diamond.

"Why? Do you want to eat something… unique?" Jungkook was afraid because she looked so excited. His brain was full of multiple choices regarding her question. Maybe it was too pricey, too unique, something that he never had before, or ….

"Ramen. I want to eat ramen," she looked so happy with his bright smile and big eyes. Her answer was so unexpected that made Jungkook stoned.

"Truthfully I do always want to try to eat ramen in a convenience store. Like, you know to cook the noodle and added an extra egg and putting on cheese on top. Then, you eat it in the convenience store's chair which facing the window. Hahaha I know it sounds childish and lame. Well… we can cancel it. Let's eat something normal," Chaeyoung was on fire when she described her dream but then she got embarrassed by her childish wish.

"No, let's do it. I know a good place to eat convenience store ramen. But, to reach there, we should change the train to the next station," Jungkook stood up and get ready to drop off from the train to transit.

The train's door was opened. Two teenagers were stepped out of the door and climbed to stairways. There were not many people in that station. That means the area above was ain't a popular area to hang out. Chaeyoung had no idea where Jungkook took her. She found out her whereabouts when she already outside the station. There was no mistake, they were in the Han River. Chaeyoung quickly took her phone and looking for the nearest convenience store.

Jungkook straightly walking without noticing Chaeyoung was still standing in front of the station. Jungkook stopped when he felt Chaeyoung wasn't following him. He turned his back and saw Chaeyoung was playing with her phone. He was already too far to shout out her name so he called her. Chaeyoung picked the phone and turned her head to the left and right to find Jungkook. Jungkook waved his hand once Chaeyoung looked at him then hang up the call. Jungkook waited but Chaeyoung didn't even move. He was confused but then saw Chaeyoung made a gesture to tell him to check his phone.

"I find the place on Google. It's this way," Jungkook finished read it then looked at Chaeyoung who talked with her hands. She pointed the opposite way from Jungkook's direction. Jungkook was typing but he got no patience so he called her.

"Have you ever going to that place?" Jungkook asked.

"No. I looked through Google and it's pretty good," Chaeyoung answered innocently.

"I know a good place. But it is on this way," Jungkook ensure her that he knew a good place.

"How can I know if it's not your usual hang out or perhaps your friends' secret hideous place? Well, I am pretty fine if we bumped into your friends. I don't have anything to hide. But, what about you?" Chaeyoung doubted after she found out the truth behind the district they visited earlier.

"No. I am sure about this. I used to practice here alone. I barely bumped into my friends here, too," Jungkook stared at Chaeyoung from afar while talking with her on the phone. Chaeyoung looked at Jungkook with hesitate face.

"Well…," Chaeyoung was thinking but then she regretted she didn't say yes right away. Jungkook was walking towards her with confident and fast steps. She didn't take her eyes off of the view in front of her. Her heart was pounding that made her forgot to continue her sentence.

"Well, I could assure you that the place is safe. So, do you trust me or not?" Jungkook was still talking on the phone although now he was standing right in front of her and stared at her eyes directly.

"Well… I… trust you… Now, let's go," Chaeyoung quickly avoid his eyes because she thought she would die by losing her breath. She held on to her bag strap and walking quickly to the path that Jungkook walked before. She took a long breath to calm her heart down and cooling down her face because it got so hot. She was too panicked that made her not hearing Jungkook was calling her to wait for him. Jungkook had no choice but to run to match her.

The sun was setting and the sky color was changing slowly from blue to orange. Chaeyoung still hadn't recovered from the "heart attack" so she was standing one meter away from Jungkook. She pretended to enjoy the afternoon sky to avoid his stare.

When Chaeyoung was avoiding his gaze, Jungkook was anxious and worrying about her sudden change of behavior. Jungkook was afraid she got upset because she didn't talk to him and even standing so far away behind him. Jungkook was regretting his decision to insisting coming to the store he chose. He better followed what she suggested. Chaeyoung was right. Having a mood swing was tiresome. Although Jungkook didn't experience it directly, he could tell how tiresome it was to act differently in the short term period. Jungkook suddenly held his step after he didn't sense Chaeyoung's presence. He looked back and saw Chaeyoung was standing still and looked so pale.

"I don't think we should go to that store," Chaeyoung suddenly wanted to cancel their plan. Jungkook lost his words. The worst scenario that he just imagined was come to real. He took a deep breath and released it with a heavy sigh. He looked down then biting his lips. He was thinking so hard about what to say. When he was in dilemma he saw Chaeyoung was getting paler and the way she gripping on her bag strap was getting tighter. She slowly walked backward. Instinctively he walked closer to her.

Chaeyoung turned around and walked so quickly. Jungkook who was confused with her weird behavior quickly chase her and hold her arm. Chaeyoung turned around as Jungkook grabbed her arm. She anxiously looking behind Jungkook's back then suddenly looked scared. Jungkook was curious about what she saw so he turned his head. He still held her arm tightly to prevent her to escape. He didn't see anything. He looked carefully again but didn't find anything unusual. What made her look so scared?

"We already walk so far and the store is over there. So, let's keep on the original plan, shall we?" Jungkook tried to persuade her with his softest voice. Chaeyoung looked at him in the eyes but then she looked at his back again. She still looked scared but she was getting calmer.

"Okay. Let's go," Chaeyoung agreed although her voice still sounds shaking.

Jungkook smiled then slowly let go of her arm. They continued to walk, but this time Chaeyoung was standing closer to Jungkook. She walked behind him with an anxious face. Jungkook was so curious about the thing that made her looked so scary. He didn't find anything on the street ahead of them. He didn't see anything. The thought suddenly appeared on Jungkook's mind as fast as formula one car. He secretly looked at Chaeyoung and looked at the direction she saw. Maybe, she could saw something that normal people can't see. Maybe she had a 6th sense that made her able to saw a ghost.

"I can't do it," Chaeyoung gave up and stopped walking again.

Jungkook getting more confused. Once again he looked upfront carefully. Nothing unusual was there. There were only trees, river, street, and dog. Jungkook looked at Chaeyoung eyes then looked at the direction at her eyes. He made sure once again then after he was pretty sure, he tried so hard to hold his laugh.

"Pfft… You, don't tell me you are afraid of the dog?" Jungkook asked Chaeyoung while tried so hard to not laughing. Chaeyoung didn't answer but Jungkook could tell it from her face.

"It's okay. They won't bite. The dog could sense it if humans are afraid of them. Just walk casually without minding them. Pretending it isn't there, okay? Can you do it?" Jungkook persuaded her to continue walking. Chaeyoung didn't answer because she was afraid and also embarrassed.

"Also, no matter how afraid you are, never try to run, okay? They will chase you. So, it's better to walk slowly and pretending the dog isn't there. Let's go," Jungkook calmed her down and walking beside her. She slowly followed Jungkook from behind.

"Oh my God, Oh my God, it's getting closer. What should I do, huhuhu," Chaeyoung was crying with her voice. She was so frightened.

"Relax. Relax. Remember to not panic and show you are scared. Just walk casually. Only look straight, okay," Jungkook instructed while trying so hard to not burst out laughing. He thought this situation was so funny.

"Aaa, what should I do the dog is in front of us," Chaeyoung almost crying. The dog now only two meters in front of them and it walked closer to Jungkook. Chaeyoung couldn't hold it anymore. She was so frightening that made her want to run. Right before she ran, Jungkook held her arm because he knew she might running if he didn't hold her.

"Calm down. The dog is walking passed us," Jungkook still calmed her. The fact that the dog was behind her made her even more anxious because she couldn't monitor whether it's following her or not. She was so afraid that it made her keep looking at her back. Jungkook softly pulled her arm and lead her to walk in front of him.

"Stop look behind. The dog may realize it. Don't worry. Keep walking forward. I will watch the dog for you," Jungkook calmed her down.

Chaeyoung decided to trust him and walk normally. They almost reach the convenience store while the sound of the dog's barking was heard.

"Does the dog following us?" Chaeyoung asked anxiously.

"No, it doesn't" Jungkook answered while laughing.

"Why are you giggling? I know you are lying. I am not deaf. I can hear the barking sound," Chaeyoung thought she was pranked by Jungkook. Jungkook didn't answer her and she got cautious. She could feel that Jungkook wasn't walking behind her. She couldn't hold her curiosity so she looked back. Jungkook was still there although he wasn't walking close enough with her. She tried to peek behind him to check whether there was a dog or not but Jungkook was using his body to cover her view.

"Yeah there is a dog but it wearing a leash and the owner is next to it. Don't worry. Now, look forward. Don't even try to look for it," Jungkook grabbed her shoulder and turned her body. Jungkook was afraid if Chaeyoung would freak out if she saw two big golden retrievers.

Chaeyoung obeyed Jungkook's word and started walking. The dog was barking again and once again Jungkook held her arm to prevent her from running. Jungkook moved to walked beside her and positioned himself on the inner side of the road. He reminded Chaeyoung to not panicking and kept walking. The dog won't chase them because it wasn't stray dogs. The dog was barking and its voice now slightly louder. That's means, it got closer. Chaeyoung was surprised and unconsciously grabbed onto Jungkook's shirt as she realized there was not only one dog, but two. They finally arrived at the convenience store and Chaeyoung released her gripped from his shirt. She quickly came inside, then looking for the dogs. She was very surprised because the dogs were so big! She thanked God for saving her from those dogs.

Jungkook entered the convenience and started laughing when he saw Chaeyoung's pale face. Chaeyoung who saw him laugh was pouting. Jungkook felt bad so he tried to distract her attention by walking towards the noodle section. He called her and asked what noodle she wanted to eat. They each took one of their favorites. Jungkook also took two eggs, mozzarella cheese, can of ham and one package of kimchi. He also bought two mineral water and two sodas. After paid for his groceries, Jungkook brought all of it to the table and began to cook. Jungkook told Chaeyoung to sat down and wait since it's his treat. Chaeyoung obeyed and sat down while watching him carefully. He looked so skilled and it made her praised him. He laughed and said he did that because he used to lose on the rock, paper, scissors and end up cook the noodle. He got the recipe from Mingyu. Mingyu was their official chef. He had lots of creative recipe ideas.

After waiting for around 10 minutes, Jungkook finally served the food on the table. The visual of the noodle made them hungry. The smell of the noodle also joined forces with the visual to trigger the sound on their stomach to singing louder. Chaeyoung tied her hair, split the chopstick, then praying. She smelled the noodles first before eating it. She then took it with her chopstick, blew the hot noodles then slurped it. Her eyes were wide opened and her face showing a very satisfied look as she munched on the noodles. She looked at Jungkook and gave two thumbs up.

Chaeyoung enjoyed the noodles well. She ate a lot and almost finished it all. She was so full but then she realized she already bought dinner. She took the steak box and opened it. She offered it to Jungkook. She said she won't able to eat it all. She asked Jungkook's help to eat half of it. Jungkook accepted her offer and thanked her for the steak.

"How could we divide it into two?" Jungkook asked Chaeyoung who also confused. They didn't have a knife. They only had a chopstick and plastic spoon.

"We have no choice. Let's tear it with our hands," Chaeyoung couldn't find a better solution. Chaeyoung held the meat in the middle and told Jungkook to hold the other half. When she counted to three, they pulled the meat together.

"You were right, this steak is delicious," Jungkook commented on the steak after he swallowed the first bite. Chaeyoung was smiling proudly after she heard it. Both Chaeyoung and Jungkook finished all the foods and sat in silence because they were too full. After Jungkook felt there was finally some space on his stomach, he was heading towards the ice cream cooler. He bought strawberry bingsu and cream cheese ice cream. After he paid, the cashier gave him two spoons for the ice cream. Jungkook was surprised but then accept it shyly. He returned to his seat and started to make the dessert. Chaeyoung saw him and still fascinated by his creativity.

"Still has space for dessert?" Jungkook gave her the strawberry bingsu.

"Of course, dessert always has special space on my stomach," Chaeyoung was smiling happily when she saw the delicious looking ice bingsu. Once again she was amazed by the food that Jungkook made. She didn't expect people can make delicious food from convenience store snacks. She took the small plastic spoon that Jungkook offered and tried the strawberry bingsu. She smiled happily after she tasted it.

"Oh my God! It's so yummy! You should eat some too!" Chaeyoung moved the bingsu cup closer to Jungkook. Jungkook was about to refuse but Chaeyoung quickly pointed the small plastic spoon that Jungkook received from the cashier. Jungkook shyly took the spoon and scooping the bingsu. Jungkook was glad he only made one cup of bingsu. It's a relieved they shared it. They would throw up because their stomachs were too full if they had to eat it one each.

Jungkook ate the last spoon of the bingsu and looked so relieved. So did Chaeyoung. They looked at each other and laugh. It's their first time being tortured to eat bingsu in the summer. Eating ice cream or bingsu in the summer was a blessing, but not this time. They both stopped laughing because they felt they will throw up if they were continued to laugh. Chaeyoung's phone suddenly vibrating and she looked so panic when she looked at the ID.

"I have to go home now. My brother is asking for his dinner," Chaeyoung told Jungkook as soon as she ended the call.

"He must be starving right now. Let's go!" Jungkook cleaned the table and left the store.

"Anyway, thank you so much for… today. The movie, dinner, and the time," Chaeyoung thanked Jungkook while they were walking towards the subway station.

"You are welcome. Thank you for accepting my gratitude too. It's nothing compared to your effort and time for tutoring me," Jungkook shyly saying his gratitude.

"No, I am truly happy that I can help you. I hope you will get a good result. Anyway, it's still early so you don't have to…,"

"By the way, I often see the dog when I jogging or practicing around here. Whether the dog which has an owner, stray dogs or lost dogs," Jungkook cut her sentence and suddenly bringing up the dog topic. Chaeyoung didn't respond to him but since he didn't continue his sentence, she felt like she had an obligation to tell him about the behind story.

"Actually, I am not afraid of dogs. I'm just afraid of stray dogs. When I was a kid I got chased by stray dogs and it almost bites me. That's why I am scared of stray dogs," Chaeyoung told him the reason for her fear. Jungkook was nodding with a mocking smile showed on his face. Chaeyoung got a bit pissed and ensure him it was the truth. Jungkook smiled and said he believes her. He just told her to correct the story. She should remove the word "stray" because it seems like she was afraid of all kinds of dogs. Chaeyoung was annoyed but also embarrassed and finally, they were dealing with use "big dogs" as the right word.

Since Chaeyoung's house was closer to the bus station than the subway station, she said she will take a bus to go home. Jungkook also said that it's easier to go to his home by bus so they were heading to the bus station. Jungkook's bus arrived first when they were waiting at the bus station but Jungkook didn't get on it. Chaeyoung almost asked why he didn't get on but luckily she held it. Jungkook didn't tell her about what number of the bus he took, so it will be suspicious if Chaeyoung knew that bus was the one he took. Jungkook shouldn't know the fact that she knew where he lives.

Chaeyoung's bus finally came. She told Jungkook that she will get on that bus and bid farewell to him. She entered the bus then tapped the card. She saw Jungkook also entered the bus. She quickly walked towards the very back seat. Jungkook followed her and sit beside her. Once again, Chaeyoung wanted to ask unnecessary questions. She was about to ask whether Jungkook also took this bus but she didn't do it. By asking that question will make him embarrassed. It will be awkward too if he answered. Thinking about his gentleman attitude by voluntary walked her home although it still early made her unconsciously smiling. But in no time she chased away that thought. She said to herself to not overly confident. Jungkook might ride this bus to go somewhere else. It didn't have to mean he ride it to walk her home.

The bus finally arrived in Chaeyoung's neighborhood. She pressed the bus' stop button and told Jungkook she will drop off in the next station. Chaeyoung was getting ready in front of the door but Jungkook was still sitting on his seat. Chaeyoung felt ashamed of herself. She was too confident by thinking he will walk her home but he was not. Chaeyoung got off of the bus when it's fully stopped. Once she got off and walked a few steps to the bus stop, she turned around to wave to Jungkook. But, she was surprised because she almost bumped into someone who walked behind her. She apologized but then she got surprised again. Jungkook was looking at her with a confused face. Chaeyoung was laughing awkwardly and immediately lead the way to her home to avoid being more embarrassed.

They were walking in silence like how they often did today. But strangely, this silence didn't feel stuffy. They both acknowledge they weren't close enough to start a conversation about trivial things. They also afraid if they started the wrong topic and made each other become uncomfortable. That's why they choose to stay silent. They continued walking like that until they passing through the convenience store which Jungkook often visit to meet up with Jiho.

Seeing the store reminded Jungkook about the hoodie girl. He asked Chaeyoung whether she knew female high school students who live around here. Chaeyoung was stoned. Somewhat she got a feeling Jungkook was asking for the girl who almost lost her breathe because of his cigarette. Chaeyoung said she didn't know about it because she just moved to this neighborhood for a year. They continued to walk in silence again after they have arrived on the playground.

"My home is just a few meters left from here. If we turn right, then… we will arrive. So…," Chaeyoung stopped walking when they have already reached the playground. If they turn right from this intersection, they will arrive at her house.

"So?" Jungkook didn't understand what she was trying to say.

"So… ah, I can walk home alone from here," she didn't have a better choice of words to refuse Jungkook kindness to her to the front gate of her home.

"Ah… Alright. Okay…," Jungkook didn't know how to react. Chaeyoung was aware that his facial expression was changed. She knew it might hurt him. Her statement could make him embarrassed.

"That thing is… I am grateful that you want to walk me home. But, I kinda afraid of Seokjin-Oppa. He lives in the next building, so I am afraid that he might see you. So… Well, you know…. Our last meeting with him was… Ah, how should I explain it…," Chaeyoung tried her best to find the right expression to explain the reason so that Jungkook won't feel offended.

"Hahaha… I understand. Seokjin hyung is sort of scary. Well, since your home is so close, let's assume we finally arrived. So, we… say goodbye here?" Jungkook awkwardly bid a farewell.

"Hahaha, I guess so. Hmm.. well… Thank you and… Goodbye?" Chaeyoung waved his hand while smiling.

"Yeah. Bye! So hmm. then, I will leave first," Jungkook pointed the way back with his thumb then change it to a wave.

After Jungkook turned his back, Chaeyoung also walked towards her home. She was humming to the random songs when she walked. It had become her habit whenever she felt happy. She finally arrived at the front door of her apartment building and at that moment too, she realizes she forgot something important. She opened her sling bag and remembered she forgot to give the gift she bought for Jungkook. She quickly took her phone and dialed Jungkook's number while speed walking to chase after him.

"Where are you?" Chaeyoung asked his position right after he picked the call. She didn't even say hello because she was really in a hurry.

"Oh, well, I am in your neighborhood?" Jungkook was so confused because they just separated a few minutes ago and now she suddenly called him asking for his location.

"Thanks God! Don't go anywhere!" Chaeyoung was happy because Jungkook was still around there. It will be worst if he already rode the bus. She ended the phone call and added more speed to her legs to walk faster. Once she saw Jungkook's silhouette, she accelerates her speed and now she was running towards him. Jungkook was waiting and looking at the direction of her way home. He saw Chaeyoung was running and it made him worried. Rather than standing still, he decided to go to her with quick steps.

"What's going on?" Jungkook worriedly asked Chaeyoung who still breathing heavily.

"I… huft… huft… forgot to… huft… give you… huft something… Here…," Chaeyoung handed a small plastic bag to him.

"What's this?" Jungkook accepted it although he didn't know what was inside.

"It's a… gift. Huft… Congratulations on winning the first place on Spring Tournament! Huft… I know it's not much and huft… I don't even have time to wrap it… huft… But, I hope it suits your taste…," Chaeyoung was relieved that she could give him the gift she bought on the accessories store earlier.

"Well, thank you so much. Honestly, you don't have to give me a gift. But, since you already bought it, thanks a lot. You even running to come here," Jungkook was so touched by her action.

"Hahaha… never mind. I am sorry to make you worry. Now, I finally give it to you, so I can go home peacefully," Chaeyoung was smiling while saying her second goodbye.

"Okay. Ehmm well… Is there anything else? Are you sure you don't forget anything else? I don't want you to catch the bus that I will ride just because you forget something again," Jungkook .

"No, that's all. Hahaha… You really can go home now," Chaeyoung was embarrassed.

"Really? But, I think you forget one thing though," Jungkook ensure her while showing a questionable smile.

"Wait, what? Am I forgetting something?" Chaeyoung stared at Jungkook with a confused face. Jungkook was smiling and it made her frustrated. Jungkook pointed at the shirt that Chaeyoung's tied on her waist.

"OH MY GOD! That's right your shirt! Well, I am sorry. I didn't mean to steal it or something. I am sorry!!! Chaeyoung got hysteric because she forgot to give him back his shirt.

"Oh my God! Don't scream! People might think I am a bad guy!" Jungkook was panicked and looked around. He was traumatized. That one time he was talking to her, the passer-by man thought he was did something horrible to her.

"I am very sorry. By the way, is it okay for you if I borrow your shirt for a little longer? I need to put in on the laundry before I returning it to you" Chaeyoung asked shyly.

"Yeah, sure. Nevermind. I have lots of shirts anyway. Hemm… Well, I guess I can go home peacefully now. So, good night!" Jungkook waved to her while walking backward.

"Yeah, you too! Be careful on your way home. See you later!" Chaeyoung waved back then Jungkook slowly turned his body and walked towards the bus stop.

Jungkook was looking at the plastic bag she got from Chaeyoung. It was the store they visited before. Jungkook took out the good inside and it turned out to be a bracelet. He was amazed. He didn't notice when she bought it. She said she didn't have money to buy the wallet that she likes but instead she bought a gift for him. Honestly, he hates to receive a gift from someone he barely knew. He even gave back all the gifts he got from his fans. But, this gift was an exception. He felt so happy when he received it.

The bus to his home was coming. He hopped on and walked towards the empty seats. He took out the bracelet again. He was looking at the design and it was so pretty. It suited his taste. He saw the tag on the bracelet. Adam and Eve. What was it? Is it a couple-bracelet? Jungkook was scoffing after he reads the explanation of the collection name. She must be not aware of this right? She didn't have enough time to read about it. Her reaction must be hilarious if she knew about that lame name.

Jungkook was giggling when he remembered her hilarious reaction today. She was so expressive that made his mischievous side awaken. It was so fun to . Today Chaeyoung was different from the Chaeyoung who used to tutor him. She looked like a completely different person. He remembered how shy tutor Chaeyoung was. She didn't even dare to look at him straight on the eyes. Her face also turned red easily. But today, they even shared an ice cream. Jungkook was smiling like a crazy person. He tried so hard not to smile but he can't hold it back. He was afraid people will think he was crazy so he covered his mouth with his hand.

***

What just happened today? I can't believe there were lots of things happened to me. It's literally a lot so that I didn't believe it's happened on the same day. We did something that we never thought we could do. I don't know how to describe how I feel right now. I feel so happy but also anxious at the same time. Things are escalating so quickly. I don't like it when lots of good things happened at one time. I am afraid something very bad would come right after. But, I am so grateful. I don't know whether I can get a chance to experience this kind of happiness again. I am afraid. Dear God, I know you always have good and better plans for me. But, please, do not take this happiness away from me.

 

 

 

 

ANNOUNCEMENT

To all the subscribers and the readers, I sadly inform you that I will be going on hiatus. I have to prepare for my studies. Because of that, I won't be writing for a while. But, I promise once I finished all of that, I am going to continue the story again.

Sincerely,

Yummyrolls :(