My Precious

Excuse Me?

"OPPA!!" Chaeyoung was coming towards Jungkook's seat. Jungkook was so happy to see her but actually he didn't expect her to call him Oppa. He had a thought to pretending to be her boyfriend to avoid this guy suspicious question but he didn't expect her to playing along with it. It actually awkward for him to got called "oppa".

"Oh, Chaeyoung, you finally come!" Jungkook greeted her brightly. But then he was confused why did her face become so pale and she looked so scared.

Chaeyoung only showed a bitter smile and slowly come closer. She seems hesitated but she kept moving forward.

"Oh! Our Chaeyoungie is here!" the guy who sat in front of Jungkook turned his head and greeted Chaeyoung.

"Ha.ha.ha... Seokjin Oppa. What are you doing here?" Chaeyoung tried to control her emotion so she won't look too surprised.

Jungkook who just know that this guy was Chaeyoung's brother was surprised. This guy was the one who always called and told her to go home. Jungkook was gulping. If this guy know him, then, yesterday he purposely came to the cafe to observe him and today he come to interrogate him. Jungkook felt so weak suddenly. Maybe this was what his father felt when he met his mother's parent.

"So, these past two days you said that you went home late because you are studying with your friend. Is this guy, the friend that you mean?" Jin staring at Chaeyoung who still standing beside him and with his eyes, he told her to have a seat in front of him. As if she was under Jin's spell, she obediently follow his order.

"Ehm, yeah, this friend here, is that friend I told you last time," Chaeyoung answered after she sat down.

"Then mind to introduce me to your boy... no, male friend?" Jin moved his eyes from Chaeyoung to Jungkook.

"Hello, I am Chaeyoung's friend. My name is Jeon Jungkook," Jungkook quickly introduce himself.

"Chaeyoung-ie friend, huh?" Jin gave a pressure to his voice and said it while showing a bitter smile.

Both Chaeyoung and Jungkook were gulping. They were so nervous and made them sitting with their back making a 90˚ angle. Their hands was placed together on top of their lap. Chaeyoung's eyes was fixed to the cake plate and occasionally steal a glance to Jin. Unlike Chaeyoung, Jungkook didn't even dare to lifted his eyes towards him. Jin looked at both of them and tried so hard to not laugh. Their posture right now remind him of kindergarten children who were waiting for their punishment because they didn't listen to their Mom. To hold his self from cracking up, he tried so hard to not look at them.

"Don't you think it's a bit weird? It's summer holiday but why you still studying?" Jin began his act again by making his sounds as tough as possible while opened the menu book so that he won't need to look at Jungkook's scared yet funny face.

"My exam... ehem, hemm," Jungkook's throat suddenly got so dry.

"What's wrong with your throat? Is it getting dry? Here, drink your Ice Americano," Jin almost burst out his laugh when he heard Jungkook's cracking voice. He move Jungkook's Ice Americano glass to get closer to him. Since he didn't have a water so he offered Jungkook his own drink. Jungkook thanked him then drank his Ice Americano to clear his throat and also to lose his nerve.

"My exam for Chemistry not reaching the passing grade so I need to take a supplementary class during summer holiday. The remedial test will be held tomorrow so I asked her to tutor me," Jungkook was proud with himself because he successfully answer Jin's question without stuttering. He was so relieved but actually he talked so fast that made Jin thought he was rapper wannabe.

"That's the weirder point. Chaeyoung is a student in all girls school. How did you know her? As far as I know, her male friends were only her church friends. But, you are not her church friend. Besides, You has many friend whom excellent in Chemistry too right? Why did you choose her out of all people? Don't tell me... Do you like her?" Jin finally turn completely into his possessive older brother role.

"OPPA! Why are you like this? Don't ask such an embarrassing question. We are just friend," Chaeyoung was embarrassed by Jin's last question. She really embarrassed because it's not Jungkook who likes her but the opposite. Her face was become so red right now as she remember how she confessed to him and how she got rejected.

"We are not close, but we happened to know each other. My friend suggest me to ask for her help regarding my remedial test. He said she is so good at Chemistry," thanks to Chaeyoung interruption, Jungkook managed to got enough time to thinking about his answer. He wasn't literally lying. Namjoon was the one who suggesting this idea.

Hearing Jungkook's answer made Chaeyoung instinctively looking at him. She was touched because he didn't talk about how they met and the fact that Chaeyoung was the one who has a crush on him. She also kinda surprised because of friend suggestion story. She wasn't sure whether it was true or not.

"Friend of yours? I never know you have a lot of male friend," now it's Chaeyoung turn to got questioned as if Jin could read her hesitancy regarding Jungkook's answer. Jin purposely asked her the question to saw her reaction and determine whether this guy was lying or not.

Jungkook's eyes were shaking. He didn't know his statement could become a boomerang for her. Now, it's Jungkook turn to turn his head towards Chaeyoung.

"Ah, that friend is the one I am tutoring not long ago. Oppa, Don't you remember? I already told you about it some weeks ago," Chaeyoung said it confidently. She knew once she sounds hesitate, Jin will know he was lying. Although she didn't know the friend that Jungkook mention was real or it just his lie. But, her answer regarding "this friend" wasn't a lie. That also one of the reason she could answer him confidently. She was a bad liar. Well, Namjoon was Jungkook's friend too, right?

"Seems like you two has a great teamwork. To be frank, I am not forbid you to studying together. Actually I like that part of yours. You don't hesitate to ask a person you aren't really close with to help you to study. But, there is one thing that I really hate about this. I don't like it when she come home late at night," Jin tried to lowering the tense by change his voice to more friendly. But, his words made the atmosphere even more tense.

Bingo! Just like what Jungkook has been thinking ever since he know this guy was Chaeyoung's brother. He might come to scold him because he let his sister to go home late. It's also one of his big concern throughout these past two days.

"I am sorry. I know I am not supposed to let her go home late. I also aware it's dangerous for a girl to go home alone. It's all my fault. As a ...," Jungkook admitting it right away. But, before he finished his words, Chaeyoung was cut him off.

"No! It's definitely not your fault. Oppa, I am the one who insist to go home alone. He always offer to me home but I refuse," Chaeyoung didn't want Jungkook to look bad in front of Jin so she tried her best to defend him.

"But, I acknowledge it as a..,"

"I am so thirsty. Could you please order me a cup of ice americano, Chaeng?" Jungkook insist to admit he was the one who wrong despite Chaeyoung's defense. But once again, before he even has a chance to finish what he want to say, he got interrupted. These time, Jin was the culprit.

Jin looked at both of these young teenagers in front of him. He thought they were cutes because they don't want one of them to get blamed so they blame their own-selves. But, these situation won't help him to reach his goal. He won't be able to discover Jungkook's characters. He should kept Chaeyoung away. Besides, his next question will make them feel awkward at each other because it might hurt Jungkook's dignity. The thing all the man hates the most is getting embarrassed in front of someone they like.

"What? But...," Chaeyoung was protesting because she know it was the sign from Jin that indicates he want to talk privately with Jungkook. Man on man. But, she really worry about Jungkook. She was afraid Jin will ask him a non sense question. What made her so worry was what if Jin thought that Jungkook has a crush on her and force him to do something he doesn't want to.

Jungkook kick Chaeyoung's foot softly and it made Chaeyoung look at him. Now, he kick it twice which means he told Chaeyoung to go. Chaeyoung took a deep breath then looking at Jin and Jungkook consecutively. She gave up then stand up from her chair.

"I am sorry that I let her go home alone late at night. As a man, I am so embarrassed," Jungkook apologize to Jin as soon as Chaeyoung went to the counter.

Jin didn't give any respond to Jungkook apology. He was trying to analyze what kind of person Jungkook was. Jin's silence made Jungkook's nervousness doubled.

"Do you like her?" Jin sudden and brief question made Jungkook's brain freeze for a split second. He didn't expect his next question was so brief yet hard to answer. He was happy that he could successfully escape this question earlier, but now he heard it again.

 

"I... To tell the truth I'm...," somehow the words won't come out easily from his mouth. He has to choose his words wisely so it won't cause any trouble. Jin's eyes was glued to his. He really waiting to hear Jungkook's answer. Jungkook took a deep breath silently and made his mind. He was now ready to answer.

"I...,"

"Sorry, I gotta pick this call," Jin took Chaeyoung's phone which she left on the table and pick the call. Jungkook smile bitterly and wait for Jin to finished the phone call. Jungkook was wondering how many times his words got cut midway today.

The phone call wasn't last long. After he hang up, Jin was nagging at Chaeyoung because it took so long for her to bought him drink. He was so thirsty so that he drink Chaeyoung's beverages. He drank all of it and compliment it because the watermelon ade was so tasty.

"So, what were us talking about earlier?" Jin asked Jungkook after putting the empty glass back to Chaeyoung's table.

"That is...," Jungkook was hesitate to answer.

"Ah, I can't remember. Let's forget. it! Anyway, you said you learn chemistry from Chaengie because you happened to bombed it during your test. Then how about Physics? Are you good at Physics?" Jin change the topic as he forgot about it.

"I am not really good, but. It's better than Chemistry," Jungkook replied and silently relieved he didn't need to answer that tough question.

"Then, let's say you are good at it. So, let's play game. If you could answer my question and made me satisfied with your answer, then I will give you a reward. But, if you failed, then you should stay away from Chaengie. How?" Jin asked Jungkook to play a game.

Jungkook was hesitate. This offers could have many hidden meaning. He knew that Jin must have something on his sleeves. He want to accept it but he wouldn't sure he could win. Although he was so good at games but he didn't confident against Jin. He want to refuse, but as a man, it's a big no to refuse a challenging offers.

"I am fine with that," Jungkook confidently accept it. Jin was smirking. Jungkook got into his trap.

"Here is the question. Do you know, why bicycle can't stand up on its own? Since you are majoring in Science this question must be very easy for you," Jin provoking Jungkook.

Jungkook was flustered by the question and forced his brain to think hard. Judging from his looks, he seems like a smart guy. Jungkook will feel so embarrassed if he can't answer his question. Is it related to the gravity? Of course because it's not balance so it can't stand on its own. But, is there any other answer? Is is related to another force?

"So, what's the answer?" Jin asked for answer.

"Well, I think because the downward force was acted towards the bicycle. It was the same as Newton Apple...," perhaps. The last word was said on his head. He didn't sure about the answer but at least he tried.

Jin stared at Jungkook with serious face after hearing his answer. Jungkook's heart was racing. He was afraid his answer was wrong and he lose the game. He was stomping his foot in the fast pace as he nervous waiting for the correct answer.

"Deng! You got the wrong answer. The right answer is ... because it's two tired," Jin reveal the right answer while trying so hard to holding his laugh.

Jungkook was confuse. He was staring at Jin with such a fool expression. It took him a few minutes before he realized the true menaing of the "right answer".

"AAAAA TOO TIRED. AAA HA.HA.HA WHAT THE ... Oops I am sorry," Jungkook almost swear because he found the answer was hilariously funny. He kept giggling while he thought about it. Not only because the answer but because he remember how he seriously thinking about the Physics theory. He really looks like a fool. Jin was so satisfied seeing how Jungkook laughed out loud to his lame joke.

"So, Jungkook, right? I am proud that you still has a spirit to study although it's holiday. Moreover, as a Captain, you also give good example to your teammates. You are responsible to your academic performance but also has great achievement in extracurricular activity. So, I give you my blessing. You can keep studying together with her. Rosie is good girl too. She might be happy to sharing her knowledge. But, one thing you should remember. I won't let you meet her again if I caught you let her go home alone. You have to keep it in mind, understand?" Jin took off his friendly expression face into serious face again.

"Yes, of course I promise. Thank you... hyung-nim! Thanks for reminding me. Anyway... May I ask you something?" Jungkook was relieved that Jin gave him permission to study with Chaeyoung. He also forgive him because he didn't Chaeyoung home. But, there was something that he was curious so he built his courage to ask Jin.

"Sure. What is it?" Jin allowed him to ask.

"How do you know that I am a Captain?" Jungkook who got very sensitive because of the stalker was getting easily suspicious regarding his information.

"Min Yoongi told me about you. By the way, I felt uncomfortable being called Hyung nim. It sounds like you are Rosie boyfie. Call me Jin-sunbae instead. I am your senior anyway," Jin personality change again into a friendly older brother.

"Yoongi-sunbae? So, you also went to the same school as me?" Jungkook was surprised.

"Yes. I am 5 years older than you. I am Kim Seokjin," Jin reach out his hand and Jungkook shook it.

"DON'T TELL ME. YOU ARE THAT KIM SEOKJIN SUNBAE?" Jungkook even more surprised when he heard Chaeyoung's brother name.

"Yes. Do you know me?" Jin's shoulder got more broad as he saw Jungkook admiration eyes when he heard his name.

"OF COURSE! You are such a legend. The last time our soccer team won the Spring Tournament was when you are assigned as the goal keeper and manage to block two penalty kick. It such an honor to know you," Jungkook eyes were shining so brightly. He never expect he could meet the legendary player.

"Well, yes that's me. Wow, I think I am going to like you more. I am so happy to hear it. Because I am happy, I will allow you to call me Hyungnim from now on. I really want to hear more about the soccer team, but I don't want to ruin your date with my sister. So, I will leave first. It's nice to know you," Jin shook Jungkook hand once again then left him.

Chaeyoung was waiting in the counter while Jin come towards her. She was confuse because Jin already leave. Jin pat her shoulder and told her to not come home late. He also thanked her for helping him this afternoon. He smiled then told Chaeyoung to go back to her seat because Jungkook was waiting for her to eat dinner. She smiled then hugged him. Before he left, he told her to keep the beverage she just bought then he paid for their bill.

"Sorry about my brother. I don't know he will found me here," Chaeyoung back to the table and apologize to Jungkook.

"No, it's okay. Although it was so thrilling. I wonder if this was how my Dad feels when he come to see my mother's parent. It's kind of ... Ah, sorry I don't mean to...," Jungkook realized that his words was so weird to hear. It sounds like they were in the relationship and it made the situation become more awkward.

"Hahaha... yeah I understand. It so thrilling, nervous and awkward at the same time. I understand what you mean. So, could we eat the dinner? It will get cold," Chaeyoung tried to switch the topic. Jungkook agreed and both of them begin to devour their meal in silence.

After finishing their meal. They decided to go home. They packed their belonging and left the table. Jungkook went to the counter but found out that Jin already paid their bill. He bought the red velvet cake then went outside where Chaeyoung was waiting. He said he will her because he just got scolded by Jin. Chaeyoung was happy as usual. It was her dream to walk home with someone she likes, but then she remember about last night. Jungkook was coming to the convenient store looking for her. If he walk her home, he might know where she lives. It will be dangerous. So she lied by telling she planned to meet with her brother who was hanging out on the Han River. She promised she won't tell Jin about it. Jungkook was hesitant but he also didn't want to force her. Then, he decided to her to the bus station. After Chaeyoung ride on the bus, Jungkook was still waiting in the bus station. He then realize that he forgot to gave her the cake he just bought. He decided to ride on the next bus. He hope that he could manage to catch her.

Chaeyoung arrived at the bus station and saw Jimin, Hoseok and Mingyu already waiting. Chaeyoung drop off from the bus then say hello to Mingyu. She thanked Mingyu for taking care of her brother. She then offered the Ice Americano that Jin ordered but he forgot to take. Although the ice were all melted because, Mingyu accept it happily. After a short greeting, they say goodbye to each other.

Not long after three of them ride on the bus, another bus was arrived. Mingyu who was still waiting on the bus station saw a familiar face who just got out from the bus. He smiled then greet that guy. Jungkook who just drop off, was surprised. He didn't expect to saw Mingyu here. He was relieved that Chaeyoung wasn't there.

Mingyu saw the thing that Jungkook bring on his hand. A box of cake with "Classique" written on it. it must be the store name. Mingyu then realized, the cup he was holding right now also has the same name. He quickly slurping down his Ice Americano but unfortunately, he didn't found any trash bin. He had no choice but to hold the cup and close the store name with his big hand.

"I don't know you love sweets," Mingyu commented on Jungkook's cake.

"Ah, this. I bought it for my mom and... for me. I need lot of sweets to study. You know I have a remedial test tomorrow," Jungkook explained. Actually he bought it for Chaeyoung and his brother but, he forgot to gave it to her.

"Yet you are wandering around at this hour instead studying," Mingyu insinuated him.

"Yeah I just on my way back home from studying. It will be boring if I studying at home. I need fresh air to clear my mind," Jungkook replied honestly although he hide more detail. Mingyu just nodding and didn't ask more further. This proof was enough for him to understand the situation.

***

Jungkook arrived at home at 10 PM. His Mom already sleep so he put the cake on refrigerator. He took a bath then heat up a glass of milk. He went straight to his bedroom then ready to study. He work on the problems for an hour and satisfied with the result. Now, he challenge himself to work on more difficult problems. He tried to solve it as Chaeyoung taught him. But, there was some part that he still confused. He looked at the clock and its already 11.10. He want to ask Chaeyoung but he was afraid she already asleep and it could woke her up. He gave up on his idea and skip the problem and move on to the other one. Sadly, he was stuck. He was afraid if what he thought was right was actually wrong. He need a confirmation. He finally brave himself to text Chaeyoung. He was lucky if she answer him right away.

Hey, are you asleep?

Not yet. Why?

Can you help me with this problem?

Sending a picture.

Jungkook was happy because she hasn't sleep yet. He then sending her a picture of the problem he was working on. Chaeyoung then replied him with the picture of the answer. Jungkook saw it and tried to understand but failed. He still confused. He then typing his question. But, he stopped in the middle since it took so long and hard to explain through text. He then asked Chaeyoung if it's okay to call her. She said yes. Jungkook clear his throat before he click the green phone icon.

"Hey, sorry for bothering you late at night," Jungkook spoke first.

"It's okay. I am not sleep yet. So, which part that you need help of?" Chaeyoung answering while putting on her earphone.

"Before that, may I know when is your bedtime?" Jungkook asked again before answering Chaeyoung question.

"Hemm... Usually I sleep at 12 or 1 PM. Why?" Chaeyoung was confused with Jungkook question but she still answer it.

"Then, it's okay if I bother you until 12? I am terribly sorry," Jungkook apologize.

"Hahaha it's fine," Chaeyoung was laughing on the other side that made Jungkook somehow blushed.

Jungkook began to ask Chaeyoung questions about some parts that he didn't understand and Chaeyoung explain it well. Now, he finally got a confirmation. He then asked for another question after he send the picture for Chaeyoung to see. He then wait for her call. While waiting for her to call back, Jungkook was solving new problem. His phone was vibrating then he saw incoming video call from Chaeyoung. Jungkook was jumped out of his chair. He was panicked then quickly walk to his closet. He wore a tank top right now so he immediately took his hoodie and wore it. He wasn't ready for the sudden video call. When he was about to pick it, the call was disconnected.

Is it okay to video calling you? I think it's hard to explain by call.

It's okay. Sorry, I was in the bathroom. I'll call you.

Jungkook fixed his hair before he push the calling button. Chaeyoung picked it after two seconds. Jungkook was embarrassed because what he saw was a paper on the table and Chaeyoung's hand while he hold his phone like he was having a real video call. He then quickly switch it to back camera mode. Now they both saw a paper and hands on their phone screen.

"Can you see it well?" Chaeyoung asked while adjusting her desk lamp so that Jungkook could read her hand writing.

"Yes, yes. I can see it well," Jungkook replied.

Chaeyoung then began her online lecture. Jungkook watch it carefully and write it down what Chaeyoung's wrote on his book. They were studying like that for one hour and it already passed 12. Jungkook thought that he got the key point so he could continue study by himself. He felt guilty because he bothered her bedtime. Jungkook was so focused on studying so that he didn't heard someone was knocking on his door and came into his room.

"Son, are you okay?" Jungkook's Mom suddenly appear beside him.

"OH MY GOD! MOM YOU SCARED ME!" Jungkook was surprised and instinctively flip down his phone screen.

"Well, yes I am okay. Sorry, did I wake you up?" Jungkook acted awkwardly after he saw his Mom was smiling after she looked Jungkook flipped his phone screen.

"I was worried. I heard a sound and thought you were having a nightmare. But turn out you are...," his Mom was staring at his phone. She was giggling and showed a suspicious smile.

"I am studying. You know I have a remedial test tomorrow. I was stay up to studying. I called my friend to ask about some parts that I don't understand," Jungkook panicked so he talk so fast.

"Aaah, I see. I thought you were having some fun that boys your age do. Like... playing games. But I relieved that you actually studying. Okay then, good luck for you exam tomorrow. Don't stay too late. You needs some sleep to have a clear mind," his Mom kept standing beside him while still giggling.

"Okay, I understand. You also need enough sleep too Mom. Good night!" Jungkook chase his Mom away politely by pushing his Mom softly towards the door. After his Mom left, he close the door and went back to his deck.

"Don't forget to brush your teeth!" his Mom suddenly opened his door that made Jungkook surprised once again.

"Mom, I am not a kid anymore!" Jungkook got annoyed. His Mom was laughing then she decided to stop bothering her son for real this time. On her way to her room, he realized that his cute little boy now already a teenager. She never thought the day when he has a girlfriend will come. She was so excited waiting for the time when Jungkook introduce his girlfriend to her.

Jungkook wait for few minutes staring at his door to make sure his Mom won't comeback. After he felt that his Mom was left for real, he check on his phone. His call with Chaeyoung was ended. Maybe he accidently press the call ended button when he was panicked earlier. He text Chaeyoung and apologize. Chaeyoung said it's okay then asked for his permission to call him. She said there was something she forgot to explain to him.

"That's all. I think it's enough for your exam tomorrow," Chaeyoung finished her explanation.

"Well yeah I think this enough. Thank you so much. I am sorry to make you stay up late," Jungkook felt so guilty.

"Never mind. I am happy I can help you. Anyway, you need to sleep too. Stayed up late for studying is also not good. You need to have enough rest to make your brain and body feel refresh tomorrow,," Chaeyoung tried to comfort him to made him less guilty.

"Yeah, thx. After finished this one problem, I will go to sleep. Then, thank you once again. Bye," Jungkook finally end their conversation.

"Your welcome. Yeah, Ba...," before Chaeyoung end her farewell, Jungkook was interrupting her.

"Hey. Ehmm....," Jungkook was interrupting Chaeyoung but he made his word hanging.

"What? Is there something not clear about my explanation?" Chaeyoung was worried.

"No. Everything is clear enough. Ehm, the thing is... Do you perhaps has anything you want to buy? You know... I am kinda felt uneasy. You spent your time to teach me, so at least I should give you something. As the thank you gift," Jungkook could felt his face become warmer as he said it.

"I... actually don't have anything I want to buy particularly. Moreover, I don't want anything in return. I am so happy that I could help you," Chaeyoung refuse his offer politely.

"It doesn't need to be a thing. Maybe something you want to eat or... watch," Jungkook curled his finger. He sounds like he was asking her for a date. He never thought he could said it to her.

"Ehmm... Ah! Instead of buy me something, is it okay if I ask you for a favor?" Chaeyoung asked for unexpected request.

"What kind of favor?" Jungkook become curious. But, he should accept it since he was the one who offering.

"I felt uneasy to ask you this, so, if you succeeded on your exam, then, as a thank you gift, please do me a favor. Regarding the favor, I still have some time to think so, I will tell you about it later," her reply made Jungkook become more curious but he can't force her to tell him right away.

"Okay I understand. Then... bye!" Jungkook finally  end this conversation for real.

"Bye!" she replied.

"Have a good sleep," Jungkook said it with such a tiny voice when he move his phone from his ear.

"You too," Chaeyoung replied it before she touch the end call button.

***

Jaehyun look at the white name card on his hand then saw the name plate on the gate. He surely arrived at right place. He came inside that spacious 5 stories building and greeted by the receptionist. He was asked about his name and his purpose to come to this therapy center. He told the receptionist lady that his friends that do charity event invite him to visit this place. His friends were on the band called Blackpink. The Lady seems to know them then asked Jaehyun to wait in the sofa while she called someone. Jaehyun smiled and took a seat on the sofa. The receptionist gave him a glass of cold water and he thanked her. He was so thirsty. The weather was too hot.

"Oh! Americano Guy!" Jisoo was walking towards Jaehyun. Jaehyun smiled when he heard the nickname that the girl gave her.

"Oh My God! I don't expect you actually come!" Jisoo welcome Jaehyun then shook his hand.

"Yeah, you told me to come someday to thanks the owner of this bracelet," Jaehyun lift his arm and showed his bracelet to Jisoo.

"Aaah, Naeun will be happy having a handsome man like you to come visit her. Ah, right! What's your name? I am Kim Jisoo," Jisoo reach out her hand again.

"Jung Jaehyun," Jaehyun shook her hand for the second time.

Jisoo then bring Jaehyun inside the building. She told him that he come in the right time. They were so busy today because they were holding a monthly event. They were doing a volunteer work twice a month by help the nurse to prepare the meal, help cleaner and gardener maintain this building. And as for monthly event, they will hold a special event such as mini concert or other fun activities such as games, cooking class, crafting class and many more.

This was the therapy center for the kids who has incurable disease. Besides helping the nurse and the employees here, the volunteer also help the children by giving mental supports for them. They will become the kids' "brother" or "sister". Usually one person was assigned to one patience and they need to visit them frequently for at least 3 months. But, it wasn't mandatory. The volunteer free to choose whether they want to become the patience brother or sister.

As Jisoo explain about their work system, they arrived at the waiting room for the volunteer. From the outside, Jaehyun could hear a singing voice. Jisoo opened the door and two people was seen to practicing. From the voice, Jaehyun could tell the girl who sang his request song was the one who sing it. The other one was someone who he was familiar with. It's his junior, Lee Haechan.

Haechan so surprised when he saw Jaehyun that made him stopped singing. Chaeyoung who was his duet partner also stopped and looked at the cause of Haechan shock. Just like Haechan, Chaeyoung also surprised to saw him here. Jaehyun was smiling awkwardly after he realize that he disturb their practice. Haechan stand up from his chair and walked towards him to greet him so did Chaeyoung.

"Sunbae, what are you doing here?" Haechan greet him.

"Oh, I come to meet the girl who gave me this bracelet," Jaehyun showed the bracelet to Haechan and Chaeyoung.

"Oh, hi! Nice to meet you again. I am Jung Jaehyun," Jaehyun reach out his hand to Chaeyoung.

"Park Chaeyoung," Chaeyoung shook his hand.

After he get acquainted with Chaeyoung, Jisoo him to meet the bracelet girl. The girl was so happy when she had been told she had a visitor. Her name was Naeun. She had brain cancer and her expected life was not long. But her parent didn't give up. They send her to the therapy center to cure his cancer. The hospital cost was so expensive so that both of her parent went to work to cover it. That's why they rarely come to visit her. Without further thought, Jaehyun requested to become Naeun temporary guardian for 6 months. Jisoo smiling so brightly and told Jaehyun to wait. She needs to bring the contract. Writing a contract was necessary. Some volunteers suddenly stopped coming because of their schedule. Jisoo against this idea first, but it was necessary so the guardian had a responsibility towards the kids.

Naeun was such a bright girl and friendly. It took no time for Jaehyun to got close with her. Jaehyun was playing with Naeun when he felt someone was observing them. He looked towards the door and saw Haechan was taking picture of them. Haechan told Jaehyun and Naeun to did a pose and he took a picture of them. He gave a thumb up sign then wave to Naeun before he left the room. Not long after, Jisoo come and asked Jaehyun for help. The mini concert will be held soon. They need more manpower to prepare it. Jaehyun said goodbye to Naeun and follow Jisoo.

Jaehyun and Haechan was assigned to lift the heavy music equipment such as speaker and keyboard to the park where they will hold the concert. After finishing setting up the equipment, they were took a rest on park bench. They were so exhausted because the heat made them spent their energy twice. Jennie come and hand them bottles of water. They gulped it down to almost half of it.

"Since when are you doing a volunteer work?" Jaehyun wipe his sweat with his handkerchief.

"It's around 3 months, I think," Haechan replied before drink the remaining water.

"How'd you end up doing volunteer work?" Jaehyun asked him again.

"Chaeyoungie Noona introduce me to this work. She helps me once so I decided to help her. She said there was an event and they need someone who can help them doing a miscellaneous job. I help her once but strangely I keep coming to help. Although I just temporary worker here," Haechan squished his water bottle after all the liquid went in to his stomach.

"Temporary worker on volunteer work? What does it means?" Jaehyun laughed at Haechan odds term.

"That's means I am not become a guardian of some child. I just work randomly according to what they need. But now, I am officially become their photographer. Sometimes I works as a singer too. And sometimes I replace the guardian who can't come to visit the patience," Haechan explain that odd terms to Jaehyun.

Jaehyun was nodding. He pat Haechan's hair as he felt proud of him. He didn't expect Haechan would have that side. He only know him as mischievous boy with incredible talent in soccer. But he didn't know Haechan has lot more talent than that. Jaehyun asked Haechan to look at the picture he took and it incredibly great. His picture looks like a professional photographer who took it.

The time for concert finally come. The patients were gathered around on the park. Lisa and Jisoo were the MC for today event. The star of the concert weren't only Chaeyoung and Haechan. Some of the patients and the volunteer workers also showed their talent. Chaeyoung and Haechan were the last performer.

Every everyday was enjoyable

The starlight starlight that poured late at night

Our beautiful time

All right

After time passes later later

We look back, that time that moment

I hope you laugh like you always do

We are with you

 

Let's separate like yesterday

Like we will see each other tomorrow

 

Chaeyoung and Haechan ended their performance with standing ovation from the audience. Jaehyun was recording their performance with his phone so it was difficult for him to applause. After the mini concert ends, each of them were assigned with specific task. Jaehyun got assigned to wash the dishes along with Jisoo.

"How did Haechan and Chaeyoung become so close?" Jaehyun asked Jisoo while handing her the plate that he wash.

"Why it make you curious?" Jisoo took the plate and rinse it.

"I know what kind of person Haechan is. He is not the obedient type. He tend to choose his own path without listening to other. It's hard to persuade him. I found it interesting how could Chaeyoung manage to bring him to work here," Jaehyun took another plate and throw the leftover food to the trash bin.

"Yeah our Rosie is amazing, right? I don't know precisely how their friendship was began. But, as far as I know they were got close quickly because they have same taste on music and shared same hobbies. They both loves music and photography. They both so talented and artsy. But, the main point why they are close to each other is they both were having a tough time. They shared their pain and misery to each other. They comfort and gives strength to each other. Haechan looks so tough outside, but he actually has something hurtful that he hide. Thankfully he could open it with us. For us, he looks like our real little brother. We really loves him. It also become so quiet without him," Jisoo gave a long answer to Jaehyun question.

Jaehyun suddenly felt bad towards Haechan. He didn't know that bright mischievous kid has a big problem. He also felt bad because he used to be so close with him back in junior high school. They were in the same soccer team. He knew that Haechan got bullied at school but he didn't know it was so severe.

It exactly 5 PM when they finished cleaning up and help the nurses. The volunteers were saying goodbye to the patients and the nurse. To celebrating a new member, Jisoo suggest them to throw a party on the Han River. Some of them were already have a plan so there were half of them remaining. Jaehyun said he will treat them pizza and they were so happy. He said he want to thanked them because he was having a new activity that more meaningful than staying at home.

"Haechan, Jaehyun say cheese!" Chaeyoung aiming her camera lens towards Jaehyun and Haechan. Both of them showing a peace sign and smiling towards the lens. Chaeyoung took over Haechan's job as photographer in Jaehyun welcoming party. Haechan worked so hard today so that Chaeyoung decided to took his job.

Jaehyun took the last piece of pizza but then he saw Haechan who just swallowing the pizza on his mouth. It was so satisfying to looking at him eating so deliciously like that. It made him full so he decided to gave Haechan the last pizza that he hold. Haechan accept it happily then began bite it. Jaehyun was still looking at him and it made Haechan felt bad towards him. Haechan tought Jaehyun want that last piece and he decided to give the half of the piece to Jaehyun. Jaehyun refuse it but Haechan force him to accept it. Jaehyun smiled then put that last half piece into his mouth.

When they were eating, Jisoo asked all the member to form a circle and have a talk. This was Jaehyun welcoming party, so as tradition, he should be interviewed by other members. Each one of them had to ask one question. Haechan as the one who sat next to him was had a chance to asked him first. Haechan asked him about the reason he did this volunteer work.

Jaehyun said it began when he was donating on Blackpink charity event. Chaeyoung gave him Naeun's bracelet and asked him to come to visit Naeun if he had time. Tomorrow he would has a soccer match. So, he thought to do a good deeds before their match. Hoping that they could win it. Haechan was laughing and almost chocked. Jaehyun gave him a water and he quickly drink it. Jaehyun got offended because Haechan was laughing at him so he mock him by saying  that it looks like 7 wonders in the world that Haechan was doing volunteer work. Before Haechan explaining his reason, Jisoo was cut off their bickering by telling the next person to asked their question.

Jennie was up next and she thanked Chaeyoung first to bring this handsome man into their volunteer group. All the girls were screaming Chaeyoung's name to thanked her which made all the members were laughing. The Q n A session was finally come to the end. Jisoo was the last one who had a chance to asked Jaehyun. Jisoo said she has no question as it's already been asked before. She then decided to ended the party as it's already night. She thanked Jaehyun for the treat and hoping Jaehyun will win the soccer match. She also the other members to watch his match which made Jaehyun smiling. After she wrapped out her speech, she let Jaehyun to gave his ment. As his Jaehyun finished his ment, the party was officially over.

Haechan quickly stand up and took Chaeyoung's guitar. Haechan and some others volunteers were walking together towards the bus station. One by one was left when their bus was finally come. Haechan bus was coming but he didn't ride on it. He waited for Jisoo and Chaeyoung's bus to come. Their bus finally come and Haechan gave Chaeyoung's guitar back. They say goodbye to each other and Jisoo told him to text her once he finally arrived at home. Haechan was smiling and waving at them who he considered as his older sisters.

"Oh, my bus is here! Thank you sunbae for the treat. Let's meet again at school!" Haechan waving to Jaehyun and get ready to ride his bus. The bus door was closed but then the driver opened it again because someone was knocking on the door. Haechan and other passengers were automatically looking at the bus door and saw a man come in while apologize to the driver. That man was looking around the bus for a second then he walked towards Haechan and sat next to him.

"Aigoo, you don't have to walk me home, Jaehyun-oppa," Haechan hit Jaehyun arm while doing an aegyo and change his voice into girly voice.

"Of course oppa can't let cute Haechannie to walk home alone," Jaehyun playing along with Haechan jokes then pinched his cheeks hardly which made Haechan grimacing in pain.

"What do you mean let's meet at school? Don't tell me, you are moving to my school?" Jaehyun was joking but he actually mean it.

"Yeah, I can't stand the other girls seducing you so I move to your school to get close to you," Haechan replied to Jaehyun's joke.

"Alright, enough with the joke. So you are really move to my school. Did the reason you transferring school is because of The Boss? Do you still getting bullied by him?" Jaehyun sounds so pissed. He always pissed whenever the talk about The Boss was brought up.

"My parent found out about the bullying incident and disappointed at the school. They told me to transferring school. I reject it at first, but then I realized it will be better if I move to another school. That way, I could save my friends. Talking about The Boss, for your information, he already expelled from school," Haechan finally answer Jaehyun question seriously.

Jaehyun was curious how could The Boss finally got expelled. It's not an easy task. Most of the kids will zipped their mouth, wouldn't dare to say anything. His dad was one of the important people in the city. The only one who capable to took him down was Eunwoo whose dad was in the higher position. Although it wasn't an easy task because they didn't have any solid evidence.

"How could he got expelled?" Jaehyun was curious.

"I sent a threat to head master. I also put the solid evidences on that black mail. I told him if The Boss not expelled, then I will upload the video on Youtube to make it viral. Eunwoo sunbae gave me a lot of help to scheming it. No one know besides Eunwoo-sunbae and Chaeyoung-noona. And now, you are the third person who know about it," Haechan told Jaehyun how he made The Boss expelled.

"But you suddenly transferred could make The Boss suspecting you. It's not a wise decision. If I was him, then I will know it right away," Jaehyun was worrying about Haechan's identity.

"Don't worry about it. Some students were transferring to other school as well. Even the students who aren't bullied. Their parents were disappointed at the school management so they move their children. But, I knew it very well too that sooner or later, The Boss will find out who was the culprit. When that time comes, I hope he will looking for me and leave my friends alone," Haechan responded to Jaehyun with gloomy face.

The bus which Jaehyun and Haechan riding on was playing an old sad song. For a while, both of them were stop talking and enjoying this silence. A lot of thought was inside their own head but they decided to kept it inside. Haechan took out his phone from his pocket and smiling as he read the popped out messages. Jaehyun secretly looking at his phone and the sender name. Chaengi Noona was written on the popped out box. Later on, he could sense his phone was vibrating too. He took it out and saw the notification. It's from Jisoo. He told Jaehyun to take care of Haechan and send him home safely. Haechan must told Jisoo that they were together right now. Maybe because Chaeyoung didn't have his number, she asked Jisoo to told him about Haechan.

"You seems so close with Chaeyoung. How could both of you get so close?" Jaehyun was curious about Haechan and Chaeyoung relationship.

"How could ask about another girl when I am with you? Haechannie is sad. I don't want to talk to you," Haechan pretending to get sulky then walked towards the bus door. The bus finally arrived at his destination. Jaehyun was laughing at Haechan's jokes. He surely know how to avoid a crisis.

Haechan was dropping off from the bus and not long after, Jaehyun was following him.

"Seriously sunbae! Are you really want to walk me home? Oh my God. I pity you. You need to find a girlfriend. I am 100% sure with your looks, you could easily get one," Haechan was chuckled when he saw Jaehyun was following him.

"You can't get away easily before you answer my question," Jaehyun put his arm on Haechan's shoulder.

"Geez why are you so curious, anyway? It's not like you having crush on her and get jealous over me, right?" Haechan was getting suspicious.

"I know you very well. You are not the type who doing a things that aren't your style just because others told or asked you to do. Playful kid like you looks not suitable to do volunteer work," Jaehyun tried to made Haechan's leak the story.

"I am pretty hurt when I hear it. Although I am playful, I have a kind heart," Haechan got sulky again.

"Sorry if I offend you. Please don't get mad at me, okay? Okay?" Jaehyun persuade Haechan so he won't get sulky.

Haechan was satisfied as Jaehyun playing around with his jokes. He then answer Jaehyun question about how he could get so close with Chaeyoung. One day Haechan was studying at a cafe and unknowingly, he left his book there. Luckily, the worker was save it. Haechan thanked her and when he opened his book, looking for his exam paper, he saw a sticky notes which told him that his answer was wrong for some question. He then asked the waitress whether she was the one who put it there, but then she told him it wasn't her but another worker.

Some other day, when Haechan come to the cafe again, there was a part timer who suddenly sat in front of him. She was Park Chaeyoung. She told Haechan that she has something that Haechan might need. Haechan was scared for a bit because her action looks suspicious. But then, he choose to trust her. Chaeyoung showed him a video when he got bullied by his senior on the back of the cafe. She then explain that she secretly filming that video just in case it could help the bullied to defend themselves. She said she has younger brother and got so angry when she saw him getting bullied. Haechan then asked her whether she was the one who stick the notes on his notebook and she admit it. She said she got so itchy whenever she saw incorrect answer. She didn't mean to peeking on his book, but when she found the book, that page was open so she can't help to look at it. She also said she would help him if he has trouble studying. She will help him as much as she can.

Haechan sometimes come to the cafe on the weekend and they have some short conversation. One day she asked Haechan for help on her volunteer work and Haechan decided to help her. They were get close when they do volunteer work together. Haechan discussing about his hardship regarding the bullying at his school. The bullies who was in the same class with him were hate him so much. Fortunately, Haechan wasn't an easy target to get bullied. But, they moved their target to his classmates. He then decided to sacrifice himself to save the others. At first, he decided to endure this torture for at least two years. He only needs to wait for The Boss to graduate. But Chaeyoung got so angry. She persuade him whenever they meet to report it to the school or even to the police.

Chaeyoung was so persistence that made Haechan really touched. He then thinking about her idea about reporting this incident to the school. She told him that he only hurt himself and his friends more if they didn't do anything about it. Then, the idea of collecting the evidence were come and for months, Haechan tried to made the best scenario to do it. Luckily, his friends were so supportive and they worked together to collects the video. And now, it gave him the sweet results.

"Naah, now we arrived. You want to come over and say hello to my parent?" Haechan stopped in front of his house. Jaehyun who wasn't concentrated because he was too focused listening and thinking about Haechan's story was surprised. He didn't know that his mischievous kid who always smile brightly has a big burden on his shoulder. Jaehyun smiled then told him to go in. He was embarrassed to meet his parent as he couldn't do anything for his junior.

"Thank you so much for me home. Oh, I am so touched. Be careful on your way back home, sunbaenim! Good night!" Haechan bowed at Jaehyun then waving at him. Jaehyun smiled then wave him back.

"AH SUNBAE! Good luck for your final match tomorrow! FIGHTING!! Let's winwin!!" Haechan turned around and cheer Jaehyun up. Jaehyun thanked him and told him again to go inside.

***

Friday night on summer holiday was so crowded. Most teenagers spent their holiday in some hot hanging out places. They also could stay awake late because they don't need to wake up early to go to school. In conclusion, summer holiday is a paradise for students, no exception for Yerin. Yerin has a lot of things to do in this holiday. Almost every week she had schedule for meet up with her friends. Friend from elementary school, middle school, cram school, piano lesson and some other friends she didn't even remember when and where she met them.

Yerin was on his way home after having a picnic with her middle school's friends. The weather tonight wasn't as hot as yesterday. She decided to walked and ride a bus rather than took a subway so that she could enjoy the night. One of Yerin's hobbies was writing. Sometimes, walking around on the street like that could gave her a lot of ideas for her upcoming story.

The summer night breeze made Yerin felt so refreshed. As she walked, she was observing her surroundings. The cafe which offering its best menu, people walking and chit chatting with their friends and some people walking by themselves while listening to a music. Unlike other people who loves to play music when they were walking alone, Yerin find it more interesting when she wasn't plugging her ears with an earphone. It's not like she was rude by eavesdropping. She didn't literally eavesdropping though. That people were chatting with a volume which made people could hear them. Sometimes, their story was so exciting and funny that was the reason Yerin loves to hear some random conversation.

"You promise me you will come to watch my match tomorrow. No, it's not a promise, you MUST come since I come to your encore stage," said the man who stand in front of Yerin. They were now standing in the edge of the crossing, waiting for the traffic light to turn green for pedestrian. Yerin was smiling listening to his conversation. It sounds like he was on the phone with her girlfriend.

"Anyway where have you been? Why are you still bringing your guitar? What? How could I know? Hehehe... Of course I know. You know that I always watching you, right? Nah, you don't have to looking around, you won't find me though. Anyway I am glad you are not wearing your hoodie. The temperature is crazy hot. You may passed out. White shirt suit you well," the man sounds so happy when he tease his girlfriend which according to his conversation was standing across the street. Yerin got curious so she looking at her surroundings trying to find a girl wearing white shirt and bring a guitar and on a phone. Finally, she found someone who fit with that man description. Yerin squint her eyes trying to look at that girl better. She looks like someone she knew but she wasn't sure.

The light turned green, Yerin and that man were crossing the street together with other pedestrian. Yerin was curious whether that man was really talking to that girl she saw or not. The man got closer to that girl but they were just passing by. It means they didn't know each other. Yerin kept walking and stopping when she was standing in front of that girl.

"Chaengiiee!! It's been a long time. Anyway where are you going?" Yerin linked her arm to that girl who actually someone she know. That girl was Chaeyoung.

"I am heading home. I just go back from my volunteer work. How about you?" Chaeyoung replied.

"Me too. I just met my friend and now I am heading home. By the way, I just experience something embarrassing and funny. You know, when I was waiting to crossing the street, I eavesdropping the conversation of a man on the phone. Seems like he was talking to his girlfriend. I tried to found his girlfriend across the street and I found a girl with the same description as he said on the phone. But then, when he crossing the street and facing that girl, he didn't stop," Yerin told Chaeyoung what she just experienced.

"And that girl turn out to be me who happened to be on the phone call too," Chaeyoung continuing Yerin's story.

"Yes. that's right. Fortunately it's not you. Hahaha," Yerin was laughing at herself by being so fool.

They were walking together and stopped at the subway station. Chaeyoung said goodbye to Yerin because they use different transportation. Before they separate, Yerin asked Chaeyoung to meet up tomorrow, together with Eunha and Sowon. But Chaeyoung refuse politely by saying she already had a plan all day long. She said she want to spend her day with her family at noon. Yerin looks upset but she has nothing against family time. Yerin said goodbye to her then walked towards the bus station while Chaeyoung come down the stairs to subway station.

Chaeyoung tapped her train card and heading to the platform. She stand behind the yellow line waiting for her train to come. She took out her phone and open her messenger app. She tap on Ay Ay Captain balloon chat and read the chat history. She want to ask him about his remedial test result but she hesitate. She thought it will bother him. She will wait until he told her first. Besides, their contract was end tomorrow. She suddenly felt shy to ask. She wasn't sure whether they were close enough to asked about each other daily life. Finally she touch the back button. As soon as she close the messenger, suddenly a little message box popped up. It's from Mingyu.

Don't forget. Tomorrow. 3 PM.

Chaeyoung about to tap it but then her train was coming so she put her phone on her jeans pocket and walked inside. She pull out her phone from her pocket as soon as she sat down and typing the reply on the popped up box.

You don't need to asked me. I will definitely come. You don't have to worry.

Chaeyoung was in hurry touching the send button because her guitar was about to fall. She then put her phone on her lap while waiting for the reply then fixed her guitar position so it won't fall by hold her guitar with her thigh.

Thank you. I hope you will enjoy the match.

Chaeyoung read it and laughing. It didn't sound like Mingyu. It so rare for him to replied with such a formal words. The next messages was come again.

You're not replying :( Are you upset because we almost get caught?

Chaeyoung was chuckled when she read it. She remember clearly that she replied it just a second ago. She finally open the chat window but her reply wasn't there. She panicked and close the chat window. She looked at the home display of the messenger and saw Ay Ay Captain was in the second row of the recent chat. She was closing her eyes and curling her fingers. She opened one of her eyes then touch the Ay Ay Captain chat bar.

I finished my test but I still hvn't see the result.

My Chemistry teacher's Mom was hospitalized suddenly

so the result will be announced on Monday.

I could answer more than 80% but I am not sure they all correct.

Anw my school soccer team will hv a final match tmrrow.

Well, if you have time tomorrow,

if you aren't busy.

 

You don't need to asked me. I will definitely come. You don't have to worry.

Thank you. I hope you will enjoy the match.

Chaeyoung close her eyes and she was about to cry out of embarrassment. For the first time in her life she really want to swearing.

Hey, I am sorry. Idk if your friend was standing behind me.

R u really upset?

Chaeyoung read Mingyu messages and she suddenly felt so annoyed. Just a moment ago, she almost get caught by Yerin when Mingyu was calling her. Thankfully she noticed Yerin and told Mingyu to walked passed her pretending they were a stranger because her friend was right behind him. Fortunately Chaeyoung knew well Yerin's habit. She was so sensitive towards her surrounding so she mostly listen to any conversation that happened around her. When Yerin told her about how she thought that man was having a phone call with her, her heart almost dropped to the ground.

Now, not enough with the Yerin accident, Mingyu stirred a trouble again by his text. Chaeyoung replied to the wrong person. When she read her conversation with Jungkook, it seems like she was waiting for getting invited. She really want to yell at Mingyu right now although she was fully aware it wasn't Mingyu's fault. She was the one who was so clumsy. But, she didn't want to admit it and want to blame Mingyu for this fatal mistake.

Drrt... Drrtt...

Chaeyoung phone was vibrating and she saw the caller ID. Incoming call from Temple Gift. Nice timing! Chayoung slide the green phone icon.

"YOU! YOU ARE REALLY.... Huft... Why are you so annoying?" she said it then ended the call without even listen to MIngyu's voice. She set her phone to no sound and no vibrating mode then put it on her pocket. She close his eyes and lean her back to the chair tried to calm her mind. She finally opened her eyes when she heard the woman voice mention her destination station. She stand up and carry her guitar on her back then walked towards the train door. She stopped for a while after getting out from the train then took her phone. There were 30 messages and 10 missed calls from Mingyu. She searched Mingyu name on her phone then call him.

"Hey, I am sorry about earlier. I just have a bad day. Sorry to make you worry. I am sorry too for using you to releasing my anger. I am really sorry," Chaeyoung said it without pausing as soon as Mingyu pick her call.

"Thanks God. At least you are fine now. Don't worry, whenever you feel angry, you can always call me. My ears are ready for it. But, of course you need to pay for the service fee. Hehehe...," Mingyu was happy that Chaeyoung finally contact him. He was afraid something was happened to her. It so rare see her angry.

"Thank you. About tomorrow, don't worry I will definitely come. I promise. Well, thanks again. See you tomorrow," Chaeyoung relieved rather than being annoyed at her sudden nag, he was actually worrying because she didn't respond to his call and messages.

"Of course you have to. Anyway if you still feel upset, just buy an ice cream. It could calm your temper down. Then see you tomorrow!" Mingyu gave her an advice then end their phone call.

Chaeyoung was climbing the stairs of the subway station to the surface. Suddenly she felt so relieved. She walked down the street towards her home. It still early so Jin won't scold her. She finally arrived at the convenience store she frequently come. She remember Mingyu's advice and decided to buy an ice cream. She was entering the store and suddenly petrified.

"Oh! Park Chaeyoung! What are you doing here?" Jungkook greet her after he paid for his groceries.

"Oh, I want to buy an ice cream. And you? Did you leave around here?" Chaeyoung tried to looked not too surprised.

"No. My house is far from here. I want to meet my old friend. He used to come here. And also, I have a little business here," Jungkook suddenly felt so awkward. Even though they were studying together for two days, but they weren't used to this awkwardness. Jungkook decided to exiting the store to avoid this awkward situation.

Chaeyoung walked towards the ice cream section. Her hands were trembling and she had difficulty to breathing normally. She was standing in front of the ice cream freezer and tried to calm herself down. After she could manage her normal breathing pace, she took 4 ice creams then bring it to the cashier.

"Are you okay, miss? Your hands are trembling," said the cashier while scanning the barcode of her ice cream.

"Aaa yes, I am okay. Don't worry," Chaeyoung tried to hide her trembling hands by put her hands together. Although she was very shocked, she felt a little relieved because the cashier wasn't the girl who she borrow the inhaler from. She could relax because her identity was safe at least for tonight.

"Do you live around here?" Jungkook asked Chaeyoung as soon as she exiting the store.

She was hesitate to answer for a second. She want to lie to him but she was afraid it might be suspicious and awkward if she met him again coincidently.

"Yeah. I live around here," Chaeyoung decided to tell the truth.

Jungkook was nodding and they both smiling at each other awkwardly.

"Well, then I will going first. Bye!" Chaeyoung excuse herself to leave.

"Okay. Bye!" Jungkook responding to her.

Chaeyoung was bowing to him then she walked away. She really want to run right now but it will be suspicious so she tried to walked in her normal pace.

"Hey Chaeyoung!" Jungkook called her when she approximately 5 meters away. She turned her head towards him.

"Should I... walk you home?" Jungkook's heart was beating so fast just like he was about finished 100 m race. A second after he said it, he regret it with all his heart. He looked at her face tried to figure out her reaction. She was rolling her eyes and bite her lips. Looks like she was thinking hard to replied to his offers. And that even made him more nervous.

She seems like she finally decided the answer because her eyes now meeting his eyes. Jungkook's heart was beating even faster when their eyes met.

"Well...," she replied but left her words hanging for a second.

***

EPILOGUE

I am in the park near your dorm.

Jin sent a text to Jisoo while eating his popsicle. Not long after, he saw Jisoo was coming with Chaeyoung's guitar on her hand. Jin quickly walked towards her to took that heavy guitar.

"Where is Chaeyoung? Why you are the one who pick it?" Jisoo asked Jin with cynical tone while handed out the guitar.

"Don't get me wrong. I am not using this chance to meet you. I just don't want you to ruin Chaeyoung's date by told her to take her guitar," Jin took the guitar from Jisoo with his right hand.

"I know. But, wait, you said Chaeyoung is having a date? Then, they are officially dating now?" Jisoo was being so hysteric.

"They are not dating yet. But I already give my blessing to him," Jin handed out the plastic bag that he hold on his left hand to Jisoo.

"Give your blessing? Wow you sounds like her Dad, now. To think about how fast you gave your blessing, he must be a really good guy, and handsome too. I know you are very protective towards Rosie," Jisoo took the plastic bag then opened the cream-and-cookies flavored cone ice cream. She smiled because Jin still remember her favorite ice cream flavor.

"I did some background check and I interviewed him by myself. At least I know he is kind, mannered and has dignity," Jin took the plastic bag from Jisoo and then throw it to the trash bin.

Jisoo following him then sat down on the bench while eating her ice cream.

"How did you know just by simple interview?" Jisoo asked while wipe the ice cream in with her fingers.

"Aww so dirty. I know that Rosie is the one who has a crush on him. But his answer made him looks like he was the one who like her. Besides, he didn't afraid to admitted his mistakes although it's not completely his," Jin handed out tissue to Jisoo to wipe the ice cream.

"Geez, all the guy are the same. How could you conclude that Rosie is the one who likes him. From my view, he is the one who likes her," Jisoo was busy wiping the melted ice cream on her arm.

"My judgment won't be wrong. I know Rosie very well. I could tell from his expression and gesture too," Jin finished eating the popsicle then opened his bag looking for a wet tissue.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Whatever. But, is that all? The reason you give your blessing? I know you have high standard regarding a man especially for Rosie, right?" Jisoo finally finished all the ice cream and now began to eat the cone.

"His visual and his manners are all beyond average. So I pass him. But, one more important thing is he has good sense of humor. Man should have a great humor sense. And I am so satisfied with him. That's why I give him my blessing right away," Jin put the wet tissue next to Jisoo.

"He must be laughing at your lame joke. That's why you said he has a great humor sense," Jisoo was chuckled. But, before Jin protesting, she added her statement.

"But sometimes it pretty funny, too. Although it's not funny but because it is really not funny it turn to become very funny," she said it while munching the crispy cone.

"But, most of all, he know who I am. I kind of popular in my high school you know. So, I gives him a point plus," Jin was boasting himself.

"Another plus points are he is not more handsome than you, not have broader shoulder than you and not as funny as you. Am I right?" Jisoo finished eating her ice cream than took a sheet of tissue to wipe and arm so it won't felt sticky.

"Exactly!" Jin was satisfied with Jisoo's statement. Jin reach out his hand and Jisoo handed him the ice cream wrap and the used tissue to him. Jin stand up and walked towards the trash bin to throw it.

"But I am so glad that you give your blessing. I hope they could make a good couple. Kim Mingyu-shi! I will root for you!" Jisoo gave encouragement to the boy although he wasn't there.

"Who is Kim Mingyu?" Jin suddenly get suspicious.

"The boy who you give your blessing to date Rosie, right? Don't tell me you don't ask for his name," Jisoo gave his eagle eyed stares.

"No. That boy name is Jeon Jeongkook. Then, mind to explain, Who is Kim Mingyu?" Jin gave her a deadly stares as well.

"He is one of Rosie's male friends," Jisoo answered him with awkward smile.

"The one you means by having a crush on Rosie? So he is another male friend. Why she never tell me about that guy? Wait, more importantly, how could she suddenly has many male friends?" Jin was getting annoyed and anxious at the same time.

"Oh, come on. Stop being so over protective. She has her own life too! You can't forbid her to being friend with anyone she likes!" Jisoo was protesting.

"I am not forbid her. I just want to know. You know that I have responsibility to become her guardian in place of her parents, right?" Jin tried to straightening the misunderstanding.

"I knew it really a big responsibility for you. But still, you shouldn't act like that. Let her enjoy her youth," Jisoo still against him.

Jin was speechless. He knew it too that he sometimes become over protective towards Chaeyoung. He sometimes afraid that it might made her hate him. Jisoo saw his sad expression and it made her felt guilty. She knew that it was hard for him to take care of his cousins.

"Although sometimes you might seems too over reacting, but I am glad that Rosie has someone who cares about her a lot. I hope that I have someone like that too," Jisoo tried to comfort him.

"You did. But you let him go," Jin responded to her words. Jisoo stared at ground as she heard it. The both fall into a deep silence.

"Anyway it's late. You should go back to your dorm and finished your assignment. Thanks for keeping Rosie's guitar. Don't stay up too late. Your dark circle will getting bolder. I am leaving. Good night!" Jin lift the guitar then carry it on his back.

"Yeah good night. Be careful on your way home!" Jisoo waved at him.

Jin was walked away leaving her alone in the park. Jisoo still standing watching Jin's back which slowly disappear in the distance.

"I know it's hard for you. So I don't want to add even more burden. As if you know. It is hard for me too to letting you go," Jisoo said it to Jin whose figure was completely disappear from her sight.

***