The Beginning

Excuse Me?

Jungkook put his pencil down and reach his phone. He looked at the popped out window and saw Jaehyun’s name. He hasn’t reconciled with his friends until now although Mingyu tried to persuade him. He touched the popped out screen and read the message.

“Let’s meet up now. At Happy Sing Karaoke. I’ll be waiting,”

Jungkook looked at clock. It’s already 6PM. Today, he went home right after the official practice time was over. He rushed to go home so that he could study for his re-take Math exam. Jaehyun really choose a bad timing. Jungkook put his phone with the screen face the table. He was really not in the mood to play tonight.

“Oh, you are here,” Jaehyun greet Taehyung and Dokyeom without put down the mic and continued to sing.

“Well, well, look who we have here? Do you really want to go to karaoke that bad until you missed your flight to America?” Dokyeom .

“You are really not going to America. Seeing you here feel so awkward,” said Taehyung while took a seat beside Jaehyun.

Jaehyun just showing his dimples then told them to order something or choose a song. They were doing as their told. They know Jaehyun still waiting for the other two. After singing two songs, the door was opened and they automatically stopped singing. Jungkook stared at the people inside the room then slowly close the door and took a seat in the nearest sofa space. Not long after, Mingyu come and all of them were sitting in silence. Only the music from karaoke machine who was heard in that room. The song was finished and they suddenly felt like they were in the cemetery. Dokyeom choose a song and play it to avoid the suffocated silence.

“So, I thought we already know the reason about this meeting so, I will come right to the point,” Jaehyun began his speech and no one interrupting. They were carefully listening to him. Jaehyun explain everything from A to Z.

Taeyong and Doyoung were his friends in the first grade of middle school. They used to hang out together. But, in the second grade, Jaehyun went to different class with them. Unfortunately, in Taeyong and Doyoung class there was a guy who was called Boss. The Boss is a bully. He force other students give him money. If they didn’t give it or tell the teacher, the boss and his friends will beat them up or got bullied verbally. Luckily, Jaehyun never get involved with them. And since Jaehyun’s father was one of the people who have big influence, they didn’t dare to touch him.

Jaehyun cut the contact with them because he thought they are voluntary hang out with The Boss. But actually, they didn’t dare to tell Jaehyun because they were threatened. The day before the incident, Jaehyun got a call from Taeyong and asked for some help. They had enough with The Boss but they didn’t know how to fight him.

Jaehyun felt so guilty because he just one handedly cut their friendship without even knowing the truth. So, he agreed to help them. The plan is, Jaehyun accidently meet The Boss and he will provoke him until he got really angry. After Jaehyun left, Taeyong and Doyoung purposely meet The Boss and bring him to the place where they secretly plant a hidden camera to record a video of Taeyoung and Doyoung got beaten by The Boss. Jaehyun was against this idea at first because it dangerous, but they said it is the only way and they also want to proof it that they were a victim. Jaehyun has no choice but to agree.

In D-Day, while Jaehyun was ready to “accidently” bump into The Boss, he saw Haechan was walking behind The Boss. Although it’s not like what they already planned, but it can make it more natural. According to their plan, Jaehyun bump into the Boss, beg him to let Haechan go, and naturally bring him to the designated place. Jaehyun didn’t think about the other variable that Haechan will tell Jungkook about it.

 “So, did you got to record the video?” Dokyeom asked.

“No. Our plan was fail. We didn’t record anything because Jungkook suddenly come. But, I am so relieved because after I left that place, I saw The Boss’s underling were around that area. If Jungkook didn’t come and Eunwoo didn’t show up to save us, I will be a dead meat,” Jaehyun explaining.

“Hey Jungkook, did you know about this?” Mingyu asked Jungkook.

“I don’t know. It is my first time hearing it,” Jungkook answer honestly.

“And yet you make such an absurd decision to exclude him from the semi-final match,” Taehyung provoked him.

“Hey, do you think I am a shaman?? How could I know if he didn’t even try to explain??” Jungkook refuse to get blamed.

“Well, guys. The one who should got all the blamed was me. I purposely didn’t tell you about this because I know you don’t have anything to do with this. They are my middle school friends,” Jaehyun tried to stopped the fight.

“But still, you aren’t a middle schooler anymore. How can you be so reckless? They all went to the same high school, and you are completely outsider. You will got the worse punishment because you are try to involved in other school fight,” Dokyeom nagged Jaehyun.

“I know, I know. But, how can I refuse them? They need my help. They are my friends just like you all. I can’t close my ears and pretend to not hearing it. That is why I don’t want to tell you. Because I know it will give harm to you guys and our club. You don’t know how startled I was when Jungkook come. I don’t want him to get involved,” Jaehyun tried to defend himself.

“Then why? Why you didn’t contacted me and explain everything? Only if you tell me sooner, you still have a possibility to join the next match,” Jungkook got angry.

“I know, I just made a fatal mistake and I deserve all the punishment. I don’t want you to play favorite just because I am your friend. Rule is rule after all. So I decided not to tell you,” Jaehyun showed his regret.

 

 “But, at least, if we know, we could discuss it with our members. I am sure they will understand the situation,” Dokyeom gave his opinion.

“I am sorry. I just feel so sorry. At that time, I thought Jungkook was really mad because he left me immediately,” Jaehyun apologize again.

“How could you become so heartless and leave him after he got a punch on his face? Don’t you have a little sympathy?” Taehyung got annoyed.

“So, now you are trying to blame me again? Don’t you know I didn’t even concentrate in the class because I just thinking about what kind of decision should I make? And I keep delay and delaying to make a decision because I am waiting for you to explain everything to me!” Jungkook was triggered by Taehyung’s words.

“I thought you were mad at me. So I decided to wait for you to reach me first!” Jaehyun who was calmed at first also began to raise his voice.

“Hey, don’t you think the wrong one should be the first to reach out and apologize?” Jungkook was mad.

“I THOUGHT YOU ARE REALLY MAD THAT I WANT YOU TO CALM DOWN FIRST. I have been your friends for two years and I really know your character. You won’t listen to anything if you were mad!” Jaehyun couldn’t hold his anger and it make him stand.

“HOW THE HELL YOU COME INTO CONCLUSION THAT I WAS EXTREMELY MAD???” Jungkook barely hold his anger and keep sitting on the sofa. He didn’t want the situation to become worse once he totally lose his temper.

“YOU LEFT ME RIGHT AWAY WITHOUT SAYING ANYTHING!” Jaehyun really burst out all of his frustration that make Mingyu had to hold him so he won’t do something extreme.

“IF YOU EVER LOVE SOMEBODY SAY YES!! IF YOU EVER LOVE SOMEBODY SAY YEA EYAAEAH!!!” Dokyeom suddenly turn the music volume louder and began to singing out loud.

“KIM DOKYEOM!!!!!” three of his friend called his name in harmony like a choir.

“Why? It’s karaoke room! It is not a crime to singing in karaoke room, right?” Dokyeom was protesting and still holding the microphone.

“Kim Dokyeom, put the mic down and set the volume down,” Mingyu ordered Dokyeom and he do as he told.

“So, to make it clear. Jaehyun didn’t contact you because he was afraid you were so angry at him. You left him quickly without saying anything. That is why he thought you are mad. So, would you tell us the reason why you just left right away?” Mingyu play the role as mediator once Dokyeom turn down the volume and force Jaehyun to sit.

“What? Hey! I am not mad! I leave that place right away because I have something important to do. I left my groceries at the store and my Mom was waiting for me. She’d like to make a dinner. Once I got out from that alley, I suddenly remember and run over to the store!” although it’s embarrassing to admit that he went to grocery shopping, Jungkook didn’t have a choice but to tell the truth. He was sick of this quarrel.

“But still, how could he know if you didn’t tell him? If I was Jaehyun, I will interpret the same thing,” Taehyung was on the Jaehyun’s side.

“Wait, what????? You were running to store because you forgot about your groceries??? HAHAHAHA I DON’T KNOW YOU ARE SUCH A FILLIAL KID!!! Oh my God, Jeon Jungkook. You are really something. You are running towards the groceries!” Dokyeom who was drinking spouting a water everywhere as he laughing. The water was spouted to Jungkook and Taehyung’s face.

“It’s not funny,” Jungkook took a tissue from the box and wipe his face.

“HAHAHHAA, No, it so funny. So, this misunderstanding was started from the grocery. What a joke!” Mingyu began to laugh realizing the situation.

Jungkook who was annoyed at first also laughing. He also thought this situation was ridiculous. Jaehyun and Taehyung who were mad before also can’t hold down their laugh. And now, their fight was over after they laughing out loud till their stomach ache and their eyes teary.

“Anyway, I am sorry if I am being so jerk the past week,” Jungkook began the first conversation after they made up.

“What happened? You are looked so stressed lately. You acted so strange and easily irritated. You aren’t going through second puberty, right?” Mingyu has been curious since few days ago but he didn’t dare to ask considering how bad Jungkook’s mood was.

Jungkook finally told his friend about the accident with Teacher Kim and how he should prepare for the retake exam.

“WHAT??!!!! ARE YOU CRAZY? YOU WILL TAKE THE ESSAY EXAM FOR MATH?” Dokyeom was surprised.

“In my life, even for once, I never imagine I will challenging a teacher only to proof myself,” Jaehyun also thought Jungkook’s action was too daring.

“How much you were scored that he became so suspicious?” asked Mingyu.

“96,” said Jungkook shortly.

“WHAT THE HELL JEON JUNGKOOK???!!! 96??? HOW COULD YOU??!!” all of them was surprised and it made their eyes opened as its maximum.

“Yeah, no wonder he suspects you. It was too perfect to be called lucky. How could you got that high score by the way?” Taehyung was curious.

“By studying. It may sound funny but I really study. I can’t answer all question, I just guessed some of it. Well, I never expecting I got that high though,” Jungkook answered.

“Yeah, it strange. How could you suddenly become so good in Math overnight?” Dokyeom didn’t believe what Jungkook said.

“Well, I just studying like you are. Nah, it got so late. I need to study so I am heading out first. Enjoy your holiday. Once again, I am sorry. Wish we could do better in the semifinal. Fighting!” Jungkook said goodbye and left the karaoke room.

Actually, he wanted to talk about the girl that stalked him, but he held it. He knows his friends won’t stop bother him if they were curious.  

***

Jungkook staring at the mirror. He stared at his own reflection for a moment.

“Senior Jeon, are you okay?” someone bring back Jungkook to reality.

“Oh, Seungkwan. Yes I am fine. What are you doing here?” Jungkook smiled at Seungkwan.

“Err… to pee?” Seungkwan answered hesitantly.

“Ah, right. This is a toilet. Hahaha… Do you have an exam today?” Jungkook finished wash his hands and walked toward the tissue box.

“Yes. I have English test and already finish it. What about you, senior?” asked Seungkwan.

“I have a lot. And this will be my last exam for today. I am going first. I will be late for the exam,” Jungkook went out from the toilet. He closed the toilet door and let out a deep sigh then walked towards the music room.

Jungkook knocked the door and saw Teacher Kim already wait for him inside. Jungkook walked towards him and he pleased Jungkook to take a seat. He gave Jungkook the answer sheet first then after he finished filling out his identity, he gave the question sheet. He walked towards the window and looked outside while Jungkook doing the test.

Two hours later, Jungkook hand out his answer sheet to Teacher Kim. He was sitting on his chair while Teacher Kim checked his answer. The atmosphere inside the music room was so tense. After approximately 10 minutes, Teacher Kim finally finished correcting. He was slowly move his gaze from the paper towards Jungkook’s eyes then give him a smile. Jungkook who looked at Teacher Kim expression was so nervous. He can’t calm his heart down for not beating too fast. For him, this re-take exam was the matter of pride. Although he felt that he could answer all the questions, he still anxious with the result.

“Congratulations. You are winning,” Teacher Kim gave back Jungkook’s answer sheet.

Jungkook accept it and looked at the score written with red colored ink in the up right corner of the sheet. He was proud with that score and unconsciously let out a small smirk.

“Thank you for your time. Now, I prove it to you that I am not cheating. So please, stop accuse me or other students if you don’t have a solid proof,” Jungkook respons to Teacher Kim’s comment.

“But, at least you got motivated to study right? As a teacher, that is my job to motivate my students to study. Anyway, when you got accused, you feel like to study harder to prove it. Now, you prove to yourself that you are not stupid, you are just lazy and not have strong motivation. That is all,” Teacher Kim tried to defend himself.

“Yeah, but your way is just wrong. I already finish my exam. Now, please excuse me,” Jungkook bowed and left his teacher immediately. He didn’t want to stay any longer or he would be angry. Jungkook opened the door and surprised when he saw his friends was sitting in the corridor waiting for him.

“HOI, HOW’S THE RESULT???” Dokyeom, Taehyung, and Mingyu stand up and crowding around Jungkook. Jungkook looked at his friend’s eyes one by one with sad expression. Then, he lifted his answer sheet in front of his face so that his friends could see it.

“AWESOME! WOAH 98 FOR ESSAY EXAM?? YOU IN AWESOME JEON! WOAH” Jungkook smile happily when looking at his friends who were excited.  To celebrate this so called miracle of Jeon Jungkook, they went to nearby restaurant and force Jungkook to treat them which Jungkook accept it unconditionally.

They were eating happily when talking about their strategy to face the opponent tomorrow. The semifinal was tomorrow that is why they should be back to school at 3 PM to practice.

All four of them were leaning in the chair feeling so full. Taehyung reach his glass to drink while still leaning on his chair. He was drinking through the straw when his eyes catch Jungkook’s drawing. He straightened up his back to look closely to the drawing.

“Do you want to choose a design major in the college?” Taehyung asked Jungkook who sat in front of him.

“Ah, this? No, I just draw it,” Jungkook explain his drawing. Taehyung grab the paper which turn out to be Jungkook’s answer sheet and look carefully to the picture.

“That jacket, do you looking for one too? I don’t know you put an interest to this one too,” Taehyung asked with the straw on his lips.

“No. I am not. Is that jacket a trend nowadays? Why you are looking for it?” Jungkook was curious.

“Nope. I just love it. I saw someone wore it and I really love the design. The black hoodie with pink cat. It was cute,” Taehyung answer it.

“Is that person you saw were a girl? Where did you saw her?” Jungkook suddenly got hyped.

“Yes a girl. But I am not sure either. I forgot when and where I saw her. But, why are you so curious? Is there something going on with this black hoodie girl?” Taehyung smelled something fishy.

“No, I just need to return something to that girl. I don’t know her. I just happened to found her book and still hasn’t return it,” Jungkook answered.

“I am telling you the truth. I really have no idea who that girl is. I don’t even remember her face! She just left immediately. I only happened to saw her back,” Jungkook explained it more detailed when all his friends give him we-don’t-trust-you look.

Afraid that he will get questioned deeper, Jungkook decided to stand up and went towards the cashier to pay the bill. They left the restaurant and decided to walk to their school instead of taking a bus. They purposely do it so that their stomach won’t get shocked once they practicing later.

“Hey, do any of you happen to remember the girl who confessed to me in this road?” Jungkook asked his friends once they walking in the road where the girl who gave Jungkook a notebook confess to him.

“Why? Do you change your mind and want to accept her confession?” Mingyu .

“No. Truthfully speaking, I thought someone is stalking me,” Jungkook finally told his friends about his worries. All his friends suddenly stopped walking and silenced for a second but then burst into laughter.

“WHAT??? HAHAHAHA JEON JUNGKOOK HAS A STALKER??? WHY THE HELL YOU ARE THINKING THAT YOU ARE BEING STALKED?” Dokyeom hold his stomach because it began to ache.

“Laugh as much as you want. But it’s not because of baseless assumption. She gave me a present with a letter on it. In that letter, she said that she watch me from afar, she even know what were I talked about with my friends. She also knew that the teachers were labeled me as bad student. It really gives me a chill,” Jungkook finally let out his worries.

“Mr. Jeon. I know you will angry with me, but, it was common for the person who was falling in love. They are secretly watching the one who their love. You never love a girl before, right? No wonder you don’t understand,” Taehyung found it funny but he try his best to calm his friend down.

“Yeah, for example. Every day I ride a bus with a girl from another school. She may not know me. But I know her. Because I have feeling for her, that is why I secretly observe her. Well, if we express it with words, maybe it sounds weird but, actually it just natural. You only want to look at the face of someone you love. That’s all. But, if I following her everywhere, know where she lives, her habit, her schedule, secretly take her picture and send her a letter every day, I think it is what we called as stalking,” Dokyeom shouting out his opinion.

“I agree. Don’t think about it too much. Now, let’s hurry. We will be late for practice,” Mingyu also encourage Jungkook who still looked so worried. Although he still felt uneasy, but he decided to trust his friends and forget about this matter to focus on the match tomorrow.

***

Chaeyoung entered the sport shop. Today is the last day of Jimin exam. Next Wednesday is the semi-final match so she wants to buy him shoes as the gift. The reason she worked part time was to buy Jimin the soccer shoes. She walked towards the new arrival section. She didn’t have any experiences when it comes to choose soccer shoes. But, she wants to give it to him as a surprise. She was standing there and staring at the newest model. She didn’t know what kind of shoes that will suit Jimin taste so she just randomly picked the most expensive one. It wasn’t expensive for nothing, right?

“If you are looking for soccer shoes, I recommend the one in the first shelf,” said a guy voice which made Chaeyoung startled when she looked into the voice owner.

“It’s been a long time, Jisoo-noona,” said the voice owner who was no other than Kim Mingyu. Chaeyoung’s face become red while hear him called her Jisoo.

“Or should I call you Jimin’s sister?” Mingyu again but Chaeyoung didn’t reacting to his tease. She was too embarrassed to look at him. She knew that his cover already discovered.

“The most expensive one not guarantee the shoes are comfortable. According to my friends who have this entire shelf, he recommended that one. I use it too. The model is trendy and there are several colors available. The one on your hand maybe looked prettier but that one is more comfortable,” Mingyu gave the recommendation that make Chaeyoung wonder whether he work as a part timer in this store.

“Thank you. It really helps. I don’t have an experience to choose a soccer shoes,” Chaeyoung thanked him for the recommendation.

“No problem. Lucky you that you meet me here,” Mingyu smiled. He then helped Chaeyoung to take the shoes which located in the first row and it is hard for Chaeyoung to reach it.

“Kim Mingyu!” a girl suddenly called Mingyu which make Chaeyoung and Mingyu turned their head.

“Oh Noona!” Mingyu waved his hand then he quickly gave the shoes to Chaeyoung.

“I think you still own me an explanation. If you don’t mind please wait for me after you pay that shoes,” Mingyu smiled at Chaeyoung then walked towards the girl who called him.

Chaeyoung nodded then continue to choosing the shoes. She finally chose the one which Mingyu recommending before. She walked to the cashier to pay for the shoes. She thanked the cashier and before she left the shop, she was scanning the shop looking for Mingyu. He was still busy talking with that girl. The rumor seems to be true. Yerin ever said that Mingyu was the most popular among his teammates. No wonder. He has everything, look, manner, height and also sporty. But, that fact also made Chaeyoung becomes so surprised when he met him at that time.

“Ah you were here! I am looking for you. So, do you have some time? I think we need to talk. How about brunch?” Mingyu finally showing up.

“Ah, it sounds good. But…,” Chaeyoung looked into his watch and Mingyu could tell she has an appointment in a near time.

“ROSE!!!” Chaeyoung look at direction of the voice who called her name. A girl with long hair was running towards her.

“Jisoo-unni,” Chaeyoung was embarrassed because she got caught by Jisoo when she was with a man. Jisoo looked at Chaeyoung with suspicious face and asked her about Mingyu by whispering in her ear. Chaeyoung quickly shake her head and try to explain.

“I guess you already have a plan. Well, if you can’t make it, so let’s meet another time,” Mingyu asked.

“Ah, no, no, no, I am just coincidently met her here. You two can continue your plan. Ehm, anyway  I am Kim Jisoo, Rose, no Chaeyoung’s friend. And, who are you?” Jisoo reached out her hand.

“My name is Kim Mingyu. I am Chaeyoungie friend. Nice to meet you, Jisoo noona,” Mingyu shook Jisoo’s hand and then stare at Chaeyoung when he said “Jisoo-noona”. It made Chaeyoung’s face turn into red tomato.

“Chaeyoungie’s friend?” the smirk was blooming on Jisoo’s lips while she looked at Chaeyoung and gave an emphasis while she said friend.

“Hmm… I don’t know if Chaeyoung has a handsome male friend like you. Well, I don’t want to disturb your date. So, I will be going first. Chaeyoung, don’t forget about the event. Don’t be late, okay. Mr. Kim, please take care of my lil sis. Bye, enjoy your date!” Jisoo smiled and wave at Mingyu and Chaeyoung.

“And don’t forget to tell me everything after this,” Jisoo whispering to Chaeyoung before she left them together.

“So, about the brunch…,” Mingyu back to the topic.

“Let’s go. I can buy some time. I also have something to explain,” Chaeyoung answered it even before Mingyu finished his words.

“Great. Let’s hurry. It’s holiday so it kind of hard to looking for an empty seat in the restaurant,”  Mingyu was walking first and Chaeyoung following him from behind.

They arrived at the restaurant and luckily there was one empty seat left. They took a seat and wait for a while until the waitress come and give them the menu. This restaurant was full so the waitress was busy serving another costumer.

“Hey, do you know the girls on that table? I think they keep staring at you,” Chaeyoung lowering her voice when took a glance to the next table.

“No, I don’t know. Maybe they are just gossiping about me. It sounds so cringy but actually this kind of situation is happening a lot to me. I don’t want to say it with my own mouth but, I am quite good looking you know,” Mingyu turned his head towards the next table, smile at them and continue to look into the menu.

“Excuse me, can I have your sign?” the next table girl suddenly already standing beside Mingyu and Chaeyoung’s table.

“Sign?” Mingyu was confused by that girl request.

“You are Seventeen’s Mingyu, right?” she shyly handed out a piece of paper to Mingyu.

“Oh, well… That was right I am Mingyu but, Seventeen? What is Seventeen?” Mingyu looked so confused and he showed a “help me” expression when he looked to Chaeyoung.

“Ah, no he isn’t. He just kinda look like him a bit. But, he actually not. Besides I heard Seventeen wasn’t here, they went to Japan to filming One Fine Day,” Chaeyoung helped Mingyu who desperately calling for help.

“Unnie, are you a Carat too?” that girl look surprised and happy at the same time.

“Ehm, no, I just happened to know,” Chaeyoung smiled to that girl question. Thanks God, Yerin was a hardcore fans of Seventeen and she always talking about them so that make Chaeyoung knew a bit about them.

“Then, I am sorry for being so rude and disturbing your date,” the girl was apologizing to Mingyu and Chaeyoung.

“I am sorry I am not the one who you are looking for. My apologize. I wish you could meet that Mingyu and get his sign,” Mingyu smiled and give the paper back to that girl.

“I hope so, But, Ehmm… Can I…,” the girl still standing there and seems like she still has something to say.

“Do you want to take a picture with him? Is that okay for you?” Chaeyoung asked that girl and Mingyu consecutively. The girl was nodding while Mingyu looked so embarrassed.

“Ah well, that’s… Yeah, I don’t mind,” Mingyu suddenly feeling so awkward. He used to hanging out with some girls, but most of them were his friends. He never encounters with a stranger and suddenly take a picture together.

“Unnie, but, is it okay if I take picture with your boyfriend?” the girl felt sorry towards Chaeyoung.

“Eeh? Ah, yes, go ahead. I don’t mind. Here come and sit next to him. 1, 2, 3!” Chaeyoung took that girl phone and took a picture of them. The girl thanked Chaeyoung and then she return to her seat smiling so brightly.

It seems like what that girl did successfully catch the attention to the people around them. They keep looking at Mingyu and Chaeyoung’s table. They thought Mingyu was a celebrity because that girl just took a picture with him.

“Should we go out? I thought we suddenly grab everyone in this restaurant attention. I will ask the waitress to wrap our order,” Mingyu lowered his voice and make it sounds like a whisper.

“Well, I guess that was a good idea,” Chaeyoung also felt uncomfortable.

After their meal come, they went to the cashier to pay their bill. Mingyu insisted to pay. He said it was as gratitude because she helped him before. After they went out from the restaurant, Mingyu suddenly hand her a hat. Chaeyoung was confused but then Mingyu told her to wear it. Chaeyoung was hesitate but as she thought it will make a trouble if one her schoolmate saw her walking with popular guy like Mingyu, she gladly took it.

“Hey, don’t you think people keep staring at us?” Mingyu asked Chaeyoung after they arrived at the Han River.

“Yeah, I think so too. I thought about it for a while and I think it will be best if you take off your hat. I will take off my mask too. Well, you already outstanding with your height, so I thought if we dressed like this, people thought we are some kind of celebrity couple having a secret date,” Chaeyoung come to conclusion for what made them attract people attention.

“Hahaha… it does make sense though,” Mingyu stared at Chaeyoung and looked at himself. Both of them dressed like a criminal. Moreover, Chaeyoung was bringing guitar with her. She looked like a musician. And as the girl earlier mistook him as idol, no wonder people was staring and whispering after they saw them.

They seek for a place to enjoy their lunch and found quiet spacious place in the park. They were sitting side by side on the grass and facing the river.

“I think about it, we haven’t officially introduced each other. I am Kim Mingyu, 2nd grade. It’s nice to meet you,” Mingyu suddenly reach out his hand while Chaeyoung was busy unwrapped her bulgogi burger.

“I am Park Chaeyoung, I am currently in 2nd grade too,” Chaeyoung shook his hand and continued to unwrapped her meal.

“So, we are in the same age. Let’s be friend and talk informally. Is it okay for you?” Mingyu asked her while munching his burger

“Eung. I don’t mind,” she replied with a bite of burger on . They continued to eat and didn’t say anything for a minute.

“Is he okay?” Chaeyoung felt it was so awkward when they were didn’t change a words so she decided to begin a conversation.

“Who? Jungkook?” Mingyu pretend to be innocent boy.

“No, the other one,” Chaeyoung blushed and to hide it she took a big bite and busy munch it.

“Jaehyunie? Well, he is luckily fine but he won’t be participating in the next match as the punishment. Namjoon will substitute him. Ah, Namjoon is our junior and he is a goalkeeper too. I am little bit worry because Namjoon didn’t have as much experience as Jaehyun. He is great but, on semifinal, mental is as important as skills. I hope he will doing fine,” Mingyu wipe a sauce on his lips with a tissue.

“Ah, so he is fine. I glad to hear that,” Chaeyoung bit the last bite of her burger.

“Jungkook also doing fine He didn’t hurt even a little. You don’t need to worry,” Mingyu showed a smirk. Chaeyoung almost chocked while she hear that. She was coughing and quickly drinks the water.

“Emm… you know about that time, I was accidently overheard your friend’s phone conversation. He stood next to me and I can’t help but listen to it. Since, I thought it is a dangerous situation so I call you. You know Jimin also a member of soccer club. And I really know if they get involved in some kind of school gang fight, they could get a hard punishment. Not only from the school but they could be expelled from the club. I just thought of Jimin so I build my courage to tell you,” Chaeyoung talked with double speed and it almost sounds like she was rapping.

“Hemm? Why did you explain it to me? I am not asking though,” Mingyu found it funny how Chaeyoung become so flustered.

“Eeeh? But, you said that you want to hear some explanation??” she felt like she was caught off guard.

“Yes, I do. But the explanation that I want is not about Jungkook. You already told me while you called me back then,” Mingyu cleaning up the crumble on his lap. Chaeyoung was confused by his statement. She was wondering what kind of explanation the he means.

 “The explanation that I want is about : why did you keep my secret?” said Mingyu after looking at Chaeyoung confused face.

“What secret?” Chaeyoung really didn’t have any idea about the thing that Mingyu means.

Chaeyoung  took some time after she realize what he means with “secret”.

“Are you really a monk?” Chaeyoung asked him carefully.

“What do you think?” Mingyu didn’t answer but he asked her back.

“Honestly, I don’t know. I really can’t imagine it. My friend is one of your fans because you look like an idol that she likes. She also said you are the most popular among girls on your soccer team. You are also known as the one who has most of female friends. And today, I witness it how popular and how could you become so popular. But that fact is not synchronized with the fact that you are a monk. So, since it really a contrary, I really can’t tell,” Chaeyoung explaining.

“Doesn’t that fact make it more interesting? It could become hot topic. The womanizer Kim Mingyu was actually a monk. When I met you at the temple, I was shocked. I was afraid that the girls will start to come to the temple and it could make the monks become uncomfortable. But, the next day, I didn’t hear anything. I just wandering why you didn’t tell anyone,” Mingyu turned his head to look at Chaeyoung.

“Ha.ha.ha… why should I? Well yeah it will become a hot topic, but I think it’s not a good thing. Everyone has their own secret. The fact that no one knew about your identity means you really keep it as a secret. The same thing goes for you. You know that I am lying to my boss at the coffee shop, right? Why you didn’t say anything about it?” Chaeyoung also stared at Mingyu’s eyes.

“Because I know it was your secret. And we are practically a stranger. Moreover, it won’t give me any good even if told your boss,” Mingyu move his stare from Chaeyoung towards the building across the river then in the remaining juice on the plastic glass.

“Jisoo, is the name of my acquaintance. Actually she was the one who supposed to work there. But, because of some matter, she couldn’t take that job although she already accepted. At that time I really need a job.  The shop paid well but they don’t hire a minor, so I beg her to give that job to me. So I ending up working there as Kim Jisoo,” Chaeyoung collecting the trash and put it on the plastic bag.

“You are really loves to explain everything. I bet you are the type who care a lot about others opinion,” Mingyu took the plastic bag from Chaeyoung’s hand and put his trash into that bag too.

“I just hate it when people misunderstand me,” Chaeyoung opened his bag then took a wet tissue from it. After wipe her hands, he offer it to Mingyu.

“Ah, because you explain it well it makes me felt that I owe an explanation too. My uncle is one of the monks at that temple. Since I was a kid, I love to come to the temple. I used to help them to clean the temple, collecting the firewood, farming and many more. I do love the peace, quiet, and calm atmosphere at the temple. As I grow old, it becomes my healing time to get away from my routines.  People called it as temple stay,” after wipe his hands and put the tissue into the plastic bag, Mingyu suddenly move his sitting position so that he faced Chaeyoung.

“That is why you are really worried if your secret is leaked. You don’t want to lose your healing solitary time,” Chaeyoung suddenly felt nervous as Mingyu suddenly sat in front of her and staring at her eyes.

“You are the first girl who knows this secret of mine. Even my closest friend didn’t know about this. It makes you become a special girl to me. It will become a shame if I am not treats you well. So, can we meet again?” Mingyu suddenly become serious and he keep staring at Chaeyoung right in the eyes.

Chaeyoung was nervous because of that stare. She didn’t know what to say. Her heart was racing like it was in relay race. She quickly avoiding Mingyu’s eyes and look at other direction. Mingyu was laughing and relaxing his sitting position.

“If you feel reluctance, you could reject my offers. But, I sincerely want to keep my friendship with you. Of course if your boyfriend allowed it,” Mingyu asked her again.

“I don’t have boyfriend,” Chaeyoung quickly responding.

“Woah, that’s a quick confirmation. Why? Are you still not over Jungkook? See you are blushing. I guess it is right. Want me to introduce you to him?” Mingyu again.

“It’s not. Ah I guess I need to go. I already have an appointment. Anyway thank you for today,” Chaeyoung felt like this guy really know a lot about her so she decided to left quickly.

“Today, for what?” Mingyu pretend to not understand.

“Ah, well, ehm… Everything. The shoes and the meal,”  Chaeyoung thinking hard to answer that question.

“Don’t you think you forget to mention one more thing?” Mingyu showing his killer smile.

“Ah, right! Here your cap. Thanks. I use it well,” Chaeyoung suddenly remember that she still wearing Mingyu’s cap.

“Geez, it’s not it. The other thing that I mean is the friendship. Hahaha… Well, you can keep that cap as a token of our friendship. It’s a present. Next time when we meet again, make sure you wear it. I don’t want other people seeing us together. I don’t want other girls to get jealous and bother you,” both of them were standing as face each other.

“I can’t keep it. It’s too expensive. Take it back with you,”  Chaeyoung take off the cap and gave it Mingyu.

“Geez. Why it so hard for you to accept a present. It’s not in my motto to take back what I already give. Just keep it. If you don’t want to keep it, I will tell Jungkook about you,” Mingyu put his hands behind his back as a sign he didn’t want to take it back.

“Do you just threat me?” Chaeyoung’s eyes become larger because of the threat.

“Yes. Because I insisting. I don’t want to tell Jungkook though. How about this, But, if you insist to pay me back, then, as a return, come to my match today. It’s in XXX High School soccer field. Send me a proof that you are there. I’ll be waiting,” Mingyu took the cap from Chaeyoung’s hand then put it on her head.

“But…,” Chaeyoung looked up to see Mingyu face.

“You gonna be late. Bye! See you at the stadium. I am waiting,” Mingyu wave at her then he walked backward leaving Chaeyoung in a daze.