Coffee is not Always Bitter, You Can Add Sugar to Make it Sweet

Excuse Me?

“You… I think what you just said regarding yourself is not true at all. Unpopular, ordinary, nerdy and… not pretty. From what I see, you… Well, I think that you are… just… fine,” Jungkook was arguing her statement earlier. Chaeyoung was surprised with what she heard. She was relieved that he finally spoke with softer voice unlike before. Now, all the tense on her body was finally loosing up. She might feel relieved but she kept staring at the clock on her phone. She hasn’t figuring out the purpose of their meeting but the time keep on running. She should go home before 10 PM.

Jungkook was observing Chaeyoung’s movements. She kept looking at the clock which means she was anxious and wanted to end this meeting as soon as possible. Jungkook also know it was not good for a girl to go home late at night.

“Huft… You know, hmm… How do I put this. Errmm… Would you…,” Jungkook was stuttering while he spoke.

Chaeyoung was also waiting for him finished his words anxiously. What he did try to say? Would you get away from my sight forever? Would you take back your book? Would you… would you what?? Chaeyoung was wondering what kind of words he gonna say. She totally didn’t have any idea. As much as she want him to finish his words, she also afraid to hear it.

“Would you… be my tutor?” Jungkook was gulping after proposing to her. He looked into her face to saw her reaction. At least, he could tried to guess what will her answer be.

Chaeyoung was surprised. She stared at him with shocked face. Her pupils were getting larger and looked so shocked. She even doubted her ears whether she heard it right. Chaeyoung shocked expression made Jungkook felt anxious. In his eyes, it was the expression of confused and hesitate. That’s means he should tried to persuade her.

“Well, you gave me that book so that it could help me to study. You know I found it very useful when I was studying for math exam and I tried for Chemistry too, but, sadly I still couldn’t understand. So, you know, maybe you can teach me about it,” Jungkook tried his best to persuade her.

Chaeyoung was still in awe. She didn’t response to Jungkook because her brain still processing his words. Now, everything was making sense. The reason why he sounds so furious before, It might be because it’s hard for him to ask her to become her tutor because of his pride. He was known for his tsundere character after all. This fact made her felt more touched.

Seeing Chaeyoung didn’t give any response, made Jungkook got anxious. What if she refuse him? He shouldn’t make it happen. The milk has been spilled. He already put his pride in garbage bin. He can’t revive it again.

“I know it is too sudden. But, can you consider it? Two days. I only need your help for two days. I have a remedial test in Friday and I really need to pass it,” his heart was waving right now. He didn’t find any more way beside begging her. Bull with the pride, his soccer team is more important. He can’t rot in classroom studying Chemistry for next semester and skipped all the practice.

“Ah, well… It really is so sudden. But, well, I think… I can help you. Three days… It might be hard to learn all the material in three days. Moreover, I don’t know which part that you understand and not understand. So… if you don’t mind, I have three conditions. I will help you unless you accept it,” Chaeyoung finally respond to his offer.

“Let me hear it first,” Jungkook was happy but also got curious. He was suspecting her for those three conditions things. He was afraid she might want to take advantage from this matter.

“We are very short of time, so, first condition is you must be honest with me. If you don't understand, then say it. That way, I can prepare the right material for you to understand. Second, you should do the task that I assigned for you without exception. Even if you don’t understand the question and doesn’t know how to answer it, just write down anything that you can. That way, at least I know you already read the question and know what to solve. And last, I can’t guarantee you will pass the exam. It’s all depends on you and how much you try to study. But believe me, I will try my best to help you. That’s all. Is it okay for you?” Chaeyoung was explaining the conditions to him.

“I am pretty fine with that. Then, for time and place. I think this place is good enough. It’s not too crowded and it’s pretty far from my school. Since you don’t want us to be seen together, I think it will be perfect, right? And for the time… I have a class on Wednesday and have to practice on Thursday. I will finish them all at 4. So, how about we meet here on 6?” Jungkook agreed with her right away after he heard the conditions.

“Okay,” she agreed.

Because Chaeyoung should prepare which material that Jungkook’s need to learn, so she asked Jungkook to take a picture of his mid-test sheets. She also told Jungkook to re-do his midterm test and write down the answer along with the steps on the separated paper. Jungkook just nodding at whatever Chaeyoung’s told him to do.

Jungkook looked at his watch. It’s already 21.00 and he remember she should go home before 10. He was excusing himself to the bathroom but he secretly went to the cashier to pay their bills. While Jungkook gone, Chaeyoung was busy writing down additional explanation in Jungkook’s notebook. Once Jungkook back to his seat, Chaeyoung asked him again which part that he found it hard to understand. Jungkook was hesitating to answer because it’s already late.

“It’s 9 PM already. I think we should wrap it up. You said you can’t go home late, right? Let’s continue tomorrow” said Jungkook.

“AH!! You are right! Well, then, let’s end it here. I hope that it would be more than enough for you. I will prepare the material for tomorrow. So, let’s meet again tomorrow at 6 in here,” Chaeyoung was panicked once she saw the clock.

“Yeah. So, let’s go,” Jungkook grab his bag then walked ahead towards the door.

Chaeyoung was following him from behind. She stopped at the cashier to pay for her bills but the clerk said Jungkook has paid it. Chaeyoung was walking faster to catch Jungkook who already standing outside the café.

“Thanks for the tea,” she said it shyly.

“I should be the one who thanked you,” Jungkook respond it in a cool way.

Both of them were standing in front of the café for couple seconds.

“Should I walk you home?” Jungkook collecting all his courage to said it. He could felt that his face is getting warmer as he said it. He knows he still have a lot of doubt on this girl, but as a mannered guy, at least he should be a gentlemen and  her home.

Not only Jungkook, Chaeyoung who heard it also felt the same. She thought she heard it wrong. Her heart was beating so fast that made her afraid Jungkook will hear it. it is the first time she got an offer from a guy to walk her home. She knew he was well mannered guy, but, she was too happy to hear it.

“No thanks! I can go by myself. I used to go home alone at this hour. You don’t have to walk me home. I really appreciate you offer. But, it’s dangerous to walk with you alone,” she refused his tempting offers. Although she was extremely happy until she felt her heart can jump out, she still keeping her rational mind.

“What??” Jungkook felt a bit offended after hearing her reason.

“No, no, no, I mean, you know that I don’t want us to be seen together. That’s why I thought it might be safer for us to go separately. What I mean with dangerous is, It will be dangerous if someone see us. I am sorry if it offend you. Then, I will go first. You should walk after 5 minutes. Okay? Well, see you,” Chaeyoung awkwardly said goodbye and quickly left him.

Jungkook also didn’t want to get caught walking with a girl at this hours. He was the captain which made him the role model of his teammates. He shouldn’t break the rules. Well, he wasn’t dating, but he was sure people will turn deaf when he trying to explain the truth. So, he just did what she told. He was standing in front of the café and set the timer to 5 minutes. He saw her getting further and smaller and slowly disappear in the dark alley.

Chaeyoung put the earphone to her ears and played music from her phone. She was walking down the dark alley towards the bus station with a bright smile on her lips. She can’t hold her smile any longer. The scenes where Jungkook asked her to become his tutor and when he offered her to walk her home were keep replaying in her head right now. If people saw her now, she might looks like a crazy girl. She didn’t want it to happen so she put on a mask to hide .

There were 2 minutes left before his timer was ringing. Once Chaeyoung disappeared from his sight, he walked towards that direction. He watched her from afar. Although she told him she would be fine by herself, but he still feel worried. He told himself at least he should saw her get on the bus. When he arrived, Chaeyoung was still there. He didn’t come closer. He was standing from afar so that she won’t saw him. A minute later, she got on the bus and without he realized, the corners of his mouth was raised and formed a vogue smile.

***

“I AM HOME!!” Chaeyoung open the door and took off her shoes. She saw Jimin was lying on the couch while watching a basketball game.

“Where have you been? Jin hyung was asking about you,” Jimin still not moved from the couch.

“I just hang out with my friend. I already told him about it. Anyway, have you eaten?” Chaeyoung drank water then she walked towards the couch. She was patting Jimin’s feet to tell him to move his feet so she could sit down but Jimin didn’t budge.

“Hey move a little,” Chaeyoung scold him but he still won’t move. She then sat on Jimin’s feet.

“NOONA! YOU ARE HEAVY! MY FEET HURTS!” Jimin protested. But Chaeyoung keep sitting down and smiling so brightly. Jimin keep on screaming but she didn’t give mercy. Instead of moving she was adding more pain by lying on the couch pretending Jimin wasn’t there.

“NOONA! DO YOU KNOW YOU ARE AS HEAVY AS HIPPO. MOVE OVER!!! I CAN’T BREATH!” Jimin was screaming out loud.

“What did you say? A hippo? Alright, then just try to get away from this hippo if you can,” she was bouncing lightly to adding more pain.

“I got I got I am sorry. Please move,” Jimin finally apologize and give up.

Chaeyoung was laughing out loud while she slowly stands up. Jimin looks so annoyed and in pain. She then adding more pain to Jimin by pinching his chubby cheeks which made Jimin screamed in pain again. Jimin knew that if she suddenly acted like annoying sister, its means she was in a very good mood. It’s been a long time since she acted so childish like that. To be exact, she was change when their family went bankrupt which caused their parents to move out to Jeju. Although it annoyed him, he somewhat felt so happy because for a second, she seems like to enjoy her life again.

“My cute little mochi, I am gonna make a ramen, do you want some?” she asked Jimin while putting a pot with water to the stove.

“No thanks, I already eat,” Jimin refused.

“Okay, but don’t beg me to give you some later,” Chaeyoung ensure him.

“Wait!! I change my mind, please make one for me!” Jimin change his mind in a second. He was afraid he could hold the ramen temptation later.

After finishing their late dinner, Jimin was heading back to the couch and watch a movie while Chaeyoung went to her room. She sat on her desk and looking for diary between the books on her desk. Then she opened her drawer, looking on book shelves and even in her bag but she still couldn’t find it. She even went to the living room, looking on TV cabinet and even on the kitchen cabinet but still he hasn’t found her diary. She asked Jimin and Jimin said he never see it. She finally give up and decided to look for it once she clean the house. Now, she should focus on preparing the material for her tutoring session tomorrow. It’s not the time for her to write diary.

Jimin woke up by the delicious smell in the morning. He got down from his bed and walked towards the kitchen. He was surprised when he saw the foods on the table. It’s very rare to see so many side dishes for breakfast. His sister never cooks so many foods before. They always have simple breakfast. His suspicion was getting stronger. His sister really not being herself.

“Why are you just standing there? Come here. I make a healthy breakfast for you. You will have a match on Sunday, right? Then you should eat nutritious foods to give you more energy,” Chaeyoung still busy on the kitchen, preparing for Jimin’s lunch.

Jimin dragged the chair and sat down. He grabbed the spoon and tasting the food. His eyes got widened as he got surprised. Chaeyoung’s cooks were especially tasty today. He almost didn’t believe that his sister was actually the one who made it. It’s not means her cooks was bad before, but this time, it’s really delicious. It’s even as good as their mom’s cook. Jimin’s got a chill. He suddenly afraid. He knew that if something which extremely good come in the same time, the very bad things will come right after. But, he didn’t want to think about it. it’s just a jinx. Right now, he just want to eat this proper breakfast after a long time.

Hoseok tossed a water bottle to Jimin after they finished their practice. The sun was getting too hot today. They will end up passed out because of the heat if they continue to practice. So they end their practice session for today. Jimin drank almost half of the bottle. He wiped his sweat with the towel and walked towards the canteen to eat their lunch.

“WOAH DAEBAK!!!” Hoseok was screaming out loud once he saw Jimin opened his lunch box. Jimin also surprised. What the hell did his sister make for him???

Hoseok hold his chopstick and get ready to take one of the sushi from Jimin’s lunch box. Jimin glare at him and said he should taste it first. He took one and put it on his mouth. He looked at Hoseok with amazed expression. He refused to believe Chaeyoung made it this morning. She must be bought it from the store.

“Woah you are so lucky. You could have this super delicious lunch box,” Hoseok envy him.

“Yeah, but why I got a bad feeling about this. It seems like a terrible storm gonna come in no time,” Jimin still worrying about this. He really didn’t have a good feeling about it.

Jimin went home earlier than usual. He got home and went straight to bed to taking a nap. He went to his sister’s room to checking what she was doing. Her sister was on her desk, studying. Jimin can’t understand her. It was still holiday yet she still studying. Jimin knew she was smart but, she just too much. After a short nap, Jimin woke up and found his sister still studying. He was hungry and went to the kitchen and found a container full of sushi. He asked Chaeyoung whether he could eat it and Chaeyoung allowed it. He went to living room bringing container full of sushi and ice tea which he found in the refrigerator. He then set up the game console and began to play it.

Chaeyoung stand up from her desk. She went to living room while bringing some clothes and then she starts ironing. Usually, Jimin didn’t give any attention to what his sister is doing, but not today. He was secretly observing his sister. It seems like Chaeyoung want to go somewhere. She wear his blue shirt but then she change it into black t-shirt. When she was walking around the house, Jimin could smell her perfume. It’s been a long time since he smelled that rose scented perfume. The sounds of hairdryer also heard which means she was blowing her hair today. In conclusion, she really put a lot of effort to dress up nicely today.

“Where are you going?” Jimin can’t hold his curiosity any longer. He was standing in front of her sister room and watched her blowing her hair.

“Hemm? I am going to meet my friend. Why?” Chaeyoung answer it lightly then turned off the hairdryer.

“I thought you want to meet your boyfriend. You put a lot of effort to dress up today,” Jimin tried to give the bait.

“What do you mean? It is what I usually do,” Chaeyoung successfully avoiding Jimin’s bait.

Jimin didn’t respond to her answer. Although he still curious, but he just let it slide. Chaeyoung was right, she just dress as she usually does once their family was still living together. She always put on make-up, wearing nice clothes, styled her hair and wear sweet smelled perfume. It’s not the time for him to get worry. He should thank whoever made her sister back to her usual self.

The café look so calm from the outside. There weren’t many costumers when Chaeyoung looks through the windows. She entered the café and looking for the seat she sat yesterday. Luckily it’s still empty. Jungkook hasn’t come. She saw her watch and it still way too early. They promised to meet at 6 and it still 5. Chaeyoung order one strawberry smoothies and a piece of cheese cake. She reads Chemistry text book and marking some question from Jungkook’s remedial exam paper’s picture. She also put on earphone to help her concentrating. She was too focused on reading so she didn’t realize Jungkook’s arrival.

Jungkook was sat down in front of her. She was surprised then immediately took off her earphones. Jungkook still wearing his school uniform. He might come straight from school. Although Chaeyoung saw him in uniform for a thousand time, but he still looks very good in it. He seems so charismatic look like the main character on comic book.

“Have you done writing the answer?” Chaeyoung start a conversation. She should push away the wild imagination on her head. She kept telling herself to act normal. Just saw him as someone who needs her help, not someone she used to have a crush on.

Jungkook took a bundle of paper from his bag and give it to Chaeyoung. Chaeyoung scanned the papers and marking some number with pencil. Jungkook was watching what she was doing carefully. He felt so nervous. Actually he felt so embarrassed because he didn’t know how to solve it. Last night, he tried his best to read the text book but he only saw the dead end. He was really hopeless. He can’t do it by himself. It only took less than 5 minutes until she finished scanning his answer. Jungkook was amazed at her speed.

“Judging from your answer sheet, and the remaining time before you final remedial test. I think, the best practice is to memorizing and practicing to solve certain type of problems. I saw three of your exam test questions and I found out the three of them were the same. They only change the number and the compound. And, If you want to pass the exam, you should at least answer 30 corrects answer since your passing grade is 75. I should admit it’s quite high for passing grade. So, for this type of complicated problems, you may pass it. Don’t even bother to answer it. Luckily it’s multiple choices and the score for each number is the same. So, from now, we only need to focus on easy questions which has high possibility for you to answer it correctly,” Chaeyoung explaining her plan to Jungkook.

Jungkook was nodding. Actually he didn’t understand some parts of her explanation. But, he was too cowards to admit.

“Okay, so for the warming up, you should do this question without looking at the book. Just thinking this is the real exam. Since this type of questions is the easiest, you must make sure to get the right answer. Now, for practice, you will solving 5 questions from each type. If you have a questions about this, don’t hesitate to ask me, okay?” Chaeyoung hands over the problems sheet to Jungkook.

While Jungkook was working on the questions she gave him, Chaeyoung was trying to checking the homework she gave him yesterday. She stared at the paper while holding a pencil, but, her mind was thinking something else. She was busy to tame his brain and bring it to the right track. She secretly stole a glance to Jungkook. His serious expression made him look even cooler. She never imagines that she could sit in the same table, face to face and studying together. All this time, she could only saw him from afar. She still thinking it was a dream so he kept staring at Jungkook.

Not only Chaeyoung who can’t concentrate, Jungkook also felt the same. He felt like Chaeyoung was observing him right now. It made him nervous. He pretend to think how to solve those questions but he actually tried to look at the paper on Chaeyoung’s hands right now. He wonder how many correct answers he got from his homework. But, when he successfully saw it, the paper on Chaeyoung’s hand was still blank. There was no mark on it. He move up his eyes from the paper to Chaeyoung’s face and caught her was staring at him. She was shocked then quickly move her eyes into the paper and back to checking on it.

Chaeyoung’s heart was racing because Jungkook caught her once. She closed her eyes and calmed her mind and try to regain her focus. She looked down into the paper but again, her eyes instinctively move to Jungkook’s hands. From his hands, her eyes were moved up to his arm and finally it stopped to his face. Unconsciously, she kept staring at Jungkook’s face.

Jungkook could feel that feeling again. The feeling for being watched. He thought that Chaeyoung was staring at him intensively. But, he didn’t want to get overly confident. He tried to ignore it so he keep working on the questions. Curiosity could kill a cat. No matter he tried to ignore it, he still curious. Besides, it really distracts him and causing him to hard to focus. He wanted to check but he didn’t want to get caught for looking at her. He looked at his phone screen which he put on the table hoping he could saw her reflection but, unfortunately, it didn’t reflect on it.

He can’t hold his curiosity any longer so he decided to look at her directly. Once he lifted his face, their eyes met. They were staring at each other for a few seconds. Chaeyoung who finally realized that she got caught staring at his face intensively cut their eye contact first. Jungkook could sense that she got too flustered. Her face was getting red and she kept looking down. Actually he also felt the warm on his face but, he tried to act cool by still staring at her.

“Why? Did I get many wrong answers?” Jungkook asked her an unnecessary question. He knew all along that she hasn’t checked his answer yet. The answer sheet on her hands was still blank. She didn’t even mark anything on it.

“Oh, ah, no, I haven’t finished checking it yet,” she answered while showing an awkward smile. Her acting was so obvious. She got caught right handedly staring at Jungkook and now she was flustered.

Just like any normal human, unconsciously Jungkook was enjoying this moment. Man or woman, they like it if they knew someone was adore or like them. Although they aren’t feeling the same towards the other party, but somewhere inside their heart, they feel happy. Jungkook was not different. He knew that this girl was having a crush on him and unconsciously happy with that fact. Although his rational mind strongly denied it.

Chaeyoung cursed herself by being too carried away with her emotion. She just embarrassing her own self and now she needs to sort out her mind. She was excusing herself to went to the toilet for a moment. Jungkook nodded and kept working on the questions. Once she left her seat, Jungkook was smiling. He thought her act was so funny. He knows she might be very embarrassed right now. He right handedly caught her staring at him. He couldn’t help to laugh when he was reminiscing her panicked expression. But, as soon as he stared at the paper in front of him, his laugh was fading out. He couldn’t be too happy, the nightmare of extra class on next semester was haunted him if he didn’t do well on this exam.

“Rosie, remember your promise. You said you already, completely get over him. Just see him as your student. Just thinking he is only the friend who needs your help to do better in studying. He need my help. I can’t act unprofessional and ruin his dream just because you used to idolizing him. Get yourself together Rosie!! You can do it!” Chaeyoung was talking to her own reflection on the mirror after she washed her hands. She dried her hands then confidently walking towards their table. As soon as she sat down, she put on her earphones to help her concentrate.

Jungkook was knocking on the paper that Chaeyoung’s stare. She took off one of the earphone. Jungkook hand over the questions that he already finished. She took it and gave him another set of questions. They kept doing it for one hour.

“I think the warm up is enough. I’ve analyzed your answer and I found out that you have a lot to learn. But, since we only have limited time, it’s impossible to catch up all the materials. So, I am not trying to teach you the basic concept. We will jump to how to solve the question. It might be effective to get high score, but, the weakness is, once the they change the question type, you can’t solve it. Why? Because you didn’t understand the basic. But, our goal is to pass the exam so, you can learn it some other time. Now, before we move to new question, we should relaxing and refreshing our brain. So, let’s take a break for 20 minutes,” Chaeyoung break their intensive studying session.

“You said we only have limited time and I have much to learn. Does 20 minutes break is too long?” Jungkook asked.

“Well, then 10 minutes,” Chaeyoung gave an offer.

“How about 5 minutes?” Jungkook gave the final offer.

“Fine,” she agreed.

Chaeyoung set a timer to 5 minutes. She spent her break time by drank her strawberry smoothies and ate her remaining cake. Unlike Chaeyoung, Jungkook spent his break time by playing with his phone. Five minutes finally over. Jungkook stopped staring at his phone once the timer was ringing and Chaeyoung set up a blank paper on the table. Chaeyoung told him that she will teach him about the “chemistry balance” because it seems like he still didn’t understand it so he better listen carefully to her explanation.

“So, in conclusion, the concept of chemistry balance is simple. Balancing both side,” Chaeyoung finished her explanation with Chemistry Balance concept after talking about it for almost 4 minutes.

“Ah, balancing both side, yes, sure. Now, I understand,” Jungkook was nodding and repeating her sentence to show he finally understand.

Judging from his voice tone, and his expression, Chaeyoung knew that he just pretending to understand. He can’t lie to her. She was experienced in this field. She had been teach her classmate since she entering school. She knew when the person pretending to understand or fully understand. Experience surely couldn’t lie.

“So, is there any part that you still confused of?” she asked him politely.

“No, I think I get what you explaining earlier,” Jungkook answered.

“You don’t have to feel sorry towards me. I can explain it for countless time until you fully understand. Besides, we already made an agreement before, aren’t we? If there is a part that you don’t understand, you should say it. You asked for my help, right? Then, how can I help you if you didn’t tell me? Moreover, you should remember the purpose you ask me to help you. You said you want to pass the exam,” Chaeyoung persuade him to be more open while showing her sweetest smile. She choose her words carefully so he won’t hurt his feeling and importantly, his pride.

Jungkook was silent. Her sweet and warm words really slapped him in the face. However, he didn’t feel offended unlike usual. All this time, whenever he asked someone to teach him, whether it his tutor, teacher and even his friends, he keep feels offended by their words. When he doesn’t understand, they always smiling and said it’s okay they will explain it again. But, somehow he felt there was mocking, sighing, tired sounds in their words because he couldn’t understand a simple equation. He felt like he was so dumb and it really lowering his self-esteem. Sometimes, he also felt they teach him as if he was a kindergarten student who couldn’t understand difficult words. That’s why he always acted smart and pretend to understand everything. If he didn’t understand, it was better for him to learn through the book although it was mostly failed. Well, not all the person he asked to teach him acted like that, but, it so rare to found that kind of person.

“I don’t know what I should do to balancing this equation. I understand the concept to balancing each side, but this number, is confusing. To be honest, I also didn’t get why it needs to be balanced,” Jungkook decided to be opened and admit that he didn’t understand a thing.

“Aaah, okay. Then, we should start from this part. You can interrupt me if you don’t understand, okay?” Chaeyoung was speaking in bright tone. She was happy that Jungkook become more open by telling her the hard part.

Chaeyoung was busy explaining where is the number on the compound come from and Jungkook tried his best to focus. But he still didn’t fully understand the concept. He tried so hard to concentrate and understanding her explanation, but, his brain couldn’t digest that complicated concept. Chaeyoung was still explaining but suddenly she stopped in the middle while she read Jungkook’s frustration face. Jungkook look at her because she suddenly stopped explaining. He saw worries expression on her face. He felt sorry towards her because he was so stupid and couldn’t understand no matter how many times she explaining.

“It’s not going to work,” she said it while looking directly into Jungkook’s eyes.

“She was no different. She finally give up on me. Well, it’s not her fault. I was the one to blame. My brain wasn’t designed to able to understand this abstract equation,” Jungkook’s hope was vanishing once he heard it. There was no chance for him to pass this exam. People was right, there is a thing that you can’t do well even if you try hard. For him is Chemistry. He sipped his peach juice and lean on the chair. His willingness to study dropped to 0.

“It must be stressful for you, right? Then, let’s get 10 minutes break” Chaeyoung saw Jungkook’s stressed face and decided to take a break. Jungkook nodding then began to play with his phone.

“It’s better for you to relaxing your body and mind by taking some walk. Your brain needs some rest, so do your eyes,” Chaeyoung gave him an advice.

Jungkook obeyed her words and then got up from his seat and walked outside. He set a timer for 10 minutes and walking around the café. He walked without direction and arrived at the main street. This café actually not far from the main street. He laughed at himself because he suddenly remember how he got lost the first time he came here. His timer was ringing. His 10 minutes break was over. But, he unwillingly walked back to the café. What’s the point for studying like crazy but still he won’t pass the test.

“You are late by 5 minutes,” Chaeyoung welcomed him warmly despite of him being late. Jungkook apologize then sitting in his seat. After he sat down, he realized there was something different on the table. Before, it looks like a library table full of paper, but now it came back to its original function, as the café table. He also realized she ordered one more drink.

“Let’s continue, shall we? But, before, let’s play a game to warming up. I heard you are good at math. I hate coffee which tastes bitter. So, I will add sugar into my coffee. I usually put two spoons of coffee powder and three spoons of sugar. Unfortunately, i only have sugar in sachet. One sachet is equal to two spoons of sugar. Now, I want to make coffee but don’t want to waste the ingredients. I should use all the sugar. So, the question is, How many spoons of coffee powder and sugar to make my favorite coffee?” Chaeyoung set up a cup of coffee and sugar on the table as tools when she gave him the question.

“I can make more than just one coffee, right?” Jungkook asked for more clues.

“Yes,” she answered shortly.

Jungkook took his pencil and paper and began to solve it with math equation. He was confident when it comes to math. Less than 5 minutes he finally got the answer.

“So, without wasting the ingredients, I can make 2 cups of your favorite coffee with four spoons of coffee powder and 3 sachets of sugar. Am I right?” Jungkook told her his answer.

“Bingo!” she was clapping and looked so proud. Then she showed him the chemical equation which she wrote on the paper.

“See, this equation is not hard. To balancing Iron plus Oxygen to become Iron Oxide. Is similar to the case I ask you to solve. Just change the iron as the coffee powder and the oxygen as the sugar. So, to form Iron Oxide, you need 4Fe + 3O2 to become 2Fe2O3 . If you change this form into math equation, it is very easy, right?” Chaeyoung was explaining the true meaning of the game.

“What? So, it could be changed into math equation?” he made sure.

“Sure. It was the same. The coffee will be tasty if you balancing the amount of the coffee and sugar. It was what we called as balance. Now, why did it so tasty with those combinations? Look at this circle,” Chaeyoung was drawing some circle and named it as Fe and O. She then explained the meaning of those big and small circle to Jungkook. Unlike before, Jungkook felt like he was easily understand her explanation this time. His spirit to pass the exam finally growing again. He was becoming more eager to learn and listening to her explanation.

Chaeyoung drawing some circle again to give him another example. While waiting for her to finish drawing the circle, Jungkook realized it might be hard for her to write upside down like that. They were sitting face to face so when she needs to write when she was in the middle of explaining, she should tilt her head. It must be uncomfortable and it will hurt her neck. Jungkook felt sorry so he suddenly standing up and sitting next to her. That way, she could write comfortably.

Jungkook sudden action for moving his sitting position to next to her made her petrified. She was sitting so close to him! She has difficulty to move her body. She even almost forgot to breathe. This past 2 hours she could manage to stay professional without getting carried by her emotion, but in a split second, she lost it again. Jungkook could feel that she suddenly become so tense and look uncomfortable when he sat next to her. She didn’t even move an inch.

“Is it okay if I sit here? You look uncomfortable. Well, I think it easier for you to teach me if I sit next to you. You will hurt your neck and it easier to write in this position,” Jungkook told her the reason he moved his seat to avoid any misunderstanding.

“Ah, sure. I am fine. You can sit wherever you want. Haha… and yeah, it is a lot easier for me to write. Thanks for your consideration. You are so kind… ha.ha.ha..,” Chaeyoung was laughing awkwardly. She was getting more embarrassed when she heard the actual reason Jungkook move his seat.

Despite being nervous, Chaeyoung managed to teach him well. It seems like Jungkook finally fully understand the concept. To test whether he really understand or not, Chaeyoung gave him some questions to solve. Now, I was time for Jungkook to feeling nervous. He was uncomfortable if he was being watched while writing his answer. But, it will be more awkward if he moved suddenly. So, he decided to stay in his seat.

Both of them were too focused on studying and they didn’t realize the clock was still ticking and it already 21.00. Both of them know that they should wrap today session. As usual, Chaeyoung hands out a pile of paper to Jungkook as homework and he should finish it by tomorrow. Jungkook was shocked by the amount of the paper he received, but he already signed the agreement.

Chaeyoung excuses herself to left first. They both agreed to leave the café, not at the same time. To avoid people eyes. After she arrived at the door, Jungkook realized something. Tomorrow he didn’t have additional class so they could meet in the afternoon rather than evening. That’s why she won’t have to go home late. Jungkook chased her before she went too far.

“Park Chaeyoung!” he shouted from the café’s door. Chaeyoung turned back and stopped.

“Tomorrow, can we change the schedule to 02.00? Well, you know my exam is on Friday, so I think it’s better for me to prepare for my exam. So, if you don’t mind…,” Jungkook lied. He didn’t want her to know his true reason.

“Sure. You need time to prepare for the exam one night before, anyway,” she didn’t look surprised.

“Then, let’s meet again here, tomorrow, at 02.00,” Jungkook said his last farewell for tonight.

***