Unplanned

Excuse Me?

The alarm was ringing. Jimin woke up and quickly looking for his sister’s phone. He turned it off. Jimin saw the clock on the phone. It’s still early. Jimin put the phone back to her sister’s desk. He washed his face and brushed his teeth then changed his clothes to training suit. He wrote a note to his sister to tell her that he went cycling with his friend.

Jimin ride his bicycle to Han River, feeling the morning breeze. It still summer but it’s cold in the morning. The sun hasn’t fully showing itself. While Jimin did his 5th lap, someone catch him while running. Jimin slowed his pedaling pace and smiled while he looked at the men who run beside him. It’s Mingyu. Last night, Mingyu asked Jimin to do morning practice together. It’s been quite some time Jimin meet Mingyu, so Jimin agreed with Mingyu’s invitation. They did one lap together then decided to take a rest in the nearest bench.

The sun was getting higher when they rest. Jimin took out water bottle from his bag so did Mingyu. They were drink in sync. They sat down and catch their breath while looking at the people who were jogging.

“Nice shoes. You have a good taste,” Mingyu commented on Jimin’s shoes.

“Thanks. My sister bought it for me,” Jimin replied proudly.

“She loves you so much, right? She spent her saving to buy you shoes. That shoes is quite expensive,” Mingyu complimented Jimin’s sister.

“I knew right. She worked part time only to buy this shoes. She should buy some cosmetics instead. She needs to take care of herself too,” Jimin nagged his sister. He felt grateful but also guilty at the same time.

“What kind of work that she did?” Mingyu began to digging the information from Jimin. He needs to be careful by asking the question. It should sounds natural. He didn’t want to ruin his investigation.

“She worked in café and also tutoring. But she quit it all. She promised my brother that she will solely focus on study from now on. But, you seem so curious about her. What is the reason?” Jimin smell something fishy.

“No, I am just curious. I didn’t expect that she work on many part time jobs. She looked like a shy girl. It’s hard to imagine her working on café. Somehow, it doesn’t suit her at all,” Mingyu tried to get away from Jimin’s suspicions.

Jimin was silenced for a while. He thought about Mingyu’s words. He also didn’t expect his sister to work on café which require her to serving the costumer. She never did any jobs before even washing dishes. Jimin can’t recall she even did any housekeeping job.

“Me too. Never imagine she would work. Imagining her cooking and sweeping the floor is even hard for me before, but, now, I saw it my own eyes, she really working hard. Moreover, she should serve the costumer. Oh My God, she even barely talked to guy. How could she. Hahaha… thinking about it again, she really is amazing,” Jimin giggling alone.

“Barely talk to a guy? What do you mean?” Mingyu was confused.

“Ah, you know, she went to girls school in junior and high school. She didn’t even have male friend. The only male friend she has was during her elementary days in Australia. Ah, and also, some from the church. Hyung, if you have decent friend, please introduce him to my sister. I am worried about her love life,” Jimin was laughing at his sister. He was worried about her but he also found it funny.

“But, it doesn’t seems like that. She acts well around me. She is shy at our first meet, but not anymore. Usually, girls will become extremely shy when they talked to me. They must be fluttered because of my handsome face ,” Mingyu began to brag about his good-looking face.

“Ah, yeah, they must be flustered by your handsomeness. But, my sister is used to talk to handsome man. My brother is very handsome, you know. Moreover, in her eyes, you are not a man,” Jimin was giggling.

“What do you mean?” Mingyu didn’t get what Jimin means.

“In her eyes, you are a monk. She respect you as a monk. That’s why she is not being shy around you. hahahaha…,” Jimin stand up immediately afraid Mingyu might hit him.

“This little brat!!” Mingyu stand up and tried to catch Jimin but he already run away. Mingyu laughing at Jimin’s jokes. They decided to end their break then continued to do some laps before going home. This time, Mingyu was riding Jimin’s bike and Jimin did the jogging.

Jimin’s phone was ringing so he stopped in midway to pick it up. Mingyu was going first leave Jimin far behind. Mingyu was enjoying the morning view of Han River. It was so nice to come here at morning. He should bring his teammates to practicing here. They need to find new view so they wouldn’t be bored. When he was pedaling and sight-seeing, his eyes catch the most attractive view this morning. He was accelerating his pedaling pace. After he passed the girl who was busy talking to her phone, he was reversing pedaling the bike towards her. Once he got close, he slowed his bike down. He was waiting until that girl finished her phone call.

“Good morning,” Mingyu greet her once she hang up from her phone.

“Oh, hi!” Chaeyoung greet him back. She didn’t expect to meet Mingyu here.

“We keep meeting each other accidently. Does it means, we are destined?” Mingyu .

“Maybe,” Chaeyoung didn’t want to lose. So she back.

“Well, I guess I will be going first, we will meet again,” Mingyu said goodbye and ride his bike faster.

Chaeyoung was waving at him. She was walking while carefully looking for the place which Jimin explained to her in the phone. Not far from her place, she saw Jimin was standing near the fence while looking towards the river. Chaeyoung smiled and run towards her brother. When she got closer, she was slinking.

“HO!” Chaeyoung surprised Jimin.

Jimin who was dazing off was startled. Chaeyoung was laughing out loud while looking at Jimin’s shocked face. He really is cute when he got startled. Jimin was pouting and it even made him look cuter. Chaeyoung pinched her brother cheeks and apologize. She linked her arms on her brother’s arm then dragged him to the grass field. They sat down and Chaeyoung bring out the breakfast that she packed. She made a lot.

“Where is Hoseok? Call him over to eat breakfast together. I made a lot,” Chaeyoung opened the box. She made a lot of kimbap.

“Hoseok? I am not coming with him,” Jimin was confused.

“But, you said you are going with your friend. I thought you were going with Hoseok. You two are inseparable. Ah, what should we do? I made a lot. I can’t eat it all,” Chaeyoung was sad because she prepared a lot. Hoseok once told her that he really loves her kimbap.

“Woah, it looks delicious. Did you make it?” Mingyu suddenly appeared out of nowhere.

Chaeyoung didn’t expect Mingyu will come. She looked at Jimin but Jimin didn’t look surprised. Mingyu was sitting beside Jimin and put his arm around Jimin’s shoulder. Chaeyoung look at them with suspicious gaze. Since when, they become so close to each other? She has a lot of questions right now.

“I told you, we will meet again, right? Hehehe...  So, now, can we start our breakfast?” Mingyu smiled because he successfully made Chaeyoung surprised.

“Ah, you might be confuse. Actually, the friend I referred in the note is Mingyu-hyung. So, is it okay for him to eat? You made a lot anyway,” Jimin explained to his sister awkwardly.

“Sure. I made it for your friend though. Whoever your friend is,” Chaeyoung smiled.

Mingyu smiled then in a flash, his hand was already reach one slice of kimbab roll. Chaeyoung hit his hand before he touched it. She then passed them wet tissue to wipe their hands before they eat. After praying, they began devour the food. They were busy eating so they didn’t say anything.

“Noona, do you have a drink? I already drink all my water,” Jimin asked Chaeyoung for water.

Chaeyoung was searching on her bag, but she didn’t found any. She forgot to bring water.

“Then, I will go buy some,” Mingyu volunteered to buy.

“Ah, it’s okay. Let me buy it. Hyung, you can finish your breakfast,” Jimin offered himself to go instead.

Chaeyoung took her wallet but Mingyu was faster to hand the money to Jimin. Jimin gave the money back, but Mingyu insisted. He said, at least he should treat them drink after he got free breakfast. Jimin and Chaeyoung thanked him. Jimin then went to buy drinks and left Mingyu and his sister alone.

Mingyu continued to eat the kimbap. Unlike usual, he only eating and avoid eye contact with Chaeyoung. They were sitting in silenced for some times. Chaeyoung felt this situation was so awkward. She needs to break this awkward silence.

“Ah, well, I don’t know you are close with Jimin,” Chaeyoung brave herself to start a conversation. But, Mingyu keep quiet and didn’t respond to her.

“The weather is nice, don’t you think?” Chaeyoung become panicked because she only made the situation become more awkward than before. Mingyu really different today. He acted unlike his ownself.

“Don’t talk to me. I am sulking right now,” said Mingyu and still avoid Chaeyoung’s eyes.

Chaeyoung was confused. Just a moment ago, Mingyu talked to her cheerfully. But now, he suddenly said he was sulking. She didn’t understand.

“Why? Did I do something wrong to you? You look fine a minute ago,” Chaeyoung asked carefully.

“I just pretend to look fine in front of Jimin. Nah, now you asked me. It makes me even more upset. We only met few days ago but now you forget it all,” finally Mingyu look at her. But, he really looked so disappointed. Hearing him saying that and the look on his sorrowful eyes made Chaeyoung felt even guiltier. She tried to remember what she did wrong to him that made him sulking.

“I don’t expect to meet you here. So, I am not wearing the cap. Sorry,” Chaeyoung remember the present Mingyu gave to her. But, Mingyu keep silenced. He didn’t response.

“And, congratulation for winning the match. It really breathtaking match. Your team did well by successfully catching up and even turn the table,” Chaeyoung glancing at Mingyu to saw his expression. She finally remembered what she did wrong. Last time they met, Mingyu made her promise to wear the cap whenever they met each other and to watch his soccer match.

“Yeah, we did well. But, how could I know if you are coming to our match. You might just hear it from your friend. I even gave you the cap, but you didn’t keep your promise,” Mingyu finally response to her although he still pouting.

“I did come you know, I also took the picture as the proof. If you not believe me, here look!” Chaeyoung gave her phone to Mingyu.

“How could I know if you didn’t show it to me,” Mingyu took the phone from Chaeyoung’s hand and swipe it to saw the pictures.

“How can I show it to you. I don’t even know how to contact you,” Chaeyoung defend herself.

Mingyu type his number on Chaeyoung’s phone then he called his phone using hers.

“Done. Now you have my number, so you can send it, right?” Mingyu was satisfied.

This guy really smooth like a snake. No wonder he was known as playboy. But, he was a monk. What a contrary.

“By the way, do you know Chaeyoung?” Mingyu asked again after eating the last piece of cheesy kimbap that Chaeyoung made.

“You mean, Son Chaeyoung? I knew her. She was my classmate. Why?” Chaeyoung asked.

“What kind of person is she? Is she popular? Is she smart?” rather than answer Chaeyoung’s question, Mingyu asked her more questions.

“She is… kind, lovely, pretty and cute. Popular? Hmm… I think so. She is in cheerleader team. Everyone in cheerleader team is very popular in my school. She also smart. She was one of the top ranker in my class. Why do you ask? Are you interested in her?” Chaeyoung didn’t want to give information for free. She needs the change.

“Hmm… in conclusion. She is almost perfect. You asked me why did I ask? The truth is Jungkook asked me to find out about her. Jungkook met her yesterday and he was getting curious at her,” Mingyu stared at Chaeyoung. Tried to read her expression. Chaeyoung didn’t respond to him after she hearing that.

“Don’t you curious? Why did Jungkook interested in her?” Mingyu gave the bait hoping Chaeyoung will bite it.

“Why should I?” she answered while still looking at Mingyu’s eyes. She know that, the moment she avoid his eyes, she was loose at this words war. She didn’t want to lose to him.

“Because you like him,” Mingyu answered.

“It was not like that,” she refuse to admit.

“Don’t lie. You won’t confess if you not like him,” Mingyu bring back the fact.

“I am just, his fans,” Chaeyoung tried to clear out the misunderstanding.

“It’s the same,” Mingyu don’t want to lose.

“Not anymore. I ended it already,” she finally gave up. Yeah, she indeed promise herself to forget him. Her sad voice made Mingyu felt it’s not polite to keep .

Chaeyoung really wish for Jimin to comeback quickly. She didn’t want to talk about Jungkook right now. If they talk about it any longer, she might become tomato. Her face will getting redder and she will stuttering to answer Mingyu’s questions. They both keep silence until Jimin come.

After finished all the kimbap and clean up the trash. They decided to go home. Jimin has soccer practice at school. Mingyu told him to go straight to school. Mingyu will her sister to nearest bus station. Jimin smiled showing his eye smile and left his sister with Mingyu.

Chaeyoung and Mingyu were walking slowly without saying a word. They both enjoy this scenery and this silence moment. Somehow, Chaeyoung was wondering. How could this silence moment didn’t feel so awkward? Is it because she felt comfortable around Mingyu? Sometimes, the silence could become so uncomfortable if you were with someone you weren’t close with.

“Chaeyoung-a,” he called her as they walking.

“Emm…,” she responded.

“Can I… trust you?” Mingyu throw a random question.

“What’s that? It’s so random. Hmm… I don’t fully understand what your intention by asking that, but, objectively, you aren’t supposed to fully trust someone you just met. I am not a bad person though, but I think it will be wrong for you to trust me like that. There are some aspects that we think differently. So, in some matter I think it’s right, but in your opinion it’s wrong. That could lead to misunderstanding and break the trust. Ahaha… Well… it sounds complicated, right? I wish you understand what I am saying,” Chaeyoung was giggling. She also didn’t expect she could said something deep like that.

“You were right. We aren’t that close yet. Practically, we just met 3 times. But, what should I do? Myself keep telling me to trust you,” Mingyu let out his inner thought.

“I don’t exactly understand about this “trust” issue you have with me. If you ask me why you trust me, I don’t know either. But, if that matter make you have a headache, my advice is… Don’t overthink it. Just follow what you heart tell you to do,” she gave him a sounds-wise advice.

“Yeah, it does make sense. I am sorry for asking a random question. Anyway, you’ve got a nice hoodie. Where did you buy it?” he asked again when they almost arrived at the bus station.

“Ah it is customized. I made the design myself and my friend made it for me,” she proudly answer his question. She loves to draw and designing. That’s why she always happy once people noticed her works.

“You must be a cat lovers. And I guess, your favorite colour is pink. That’s why you combined it together. By the way…, if I could give you advice, don’t wear that hoodie for a while,” they finally arrived.

“Why?” Chaeyoung once again surprised by Mingyu’s randomness.

“Because it’s hot. Who will wear black hoodie in the middle of summer? You might pass out because of the heat ,” he answer casually.

***

“Hey Kook, are you awake? I am calling to tell you about the girl you asked me to find out. Son Chaeyoung. I gathered some information and found out that she was part of Nayeon’s cheerleader team.  She is smart. She was one of the top ranker on her class. She might know you from long ago because she came to cheers us on first match. She is Yugyeom’s cousin. Yugyeom said that they are close because they live in the same apartment building. About the rose, I am not very sure whether she was the one who create it. I am sorry. It is so far that I know about her. Would you wish to found out more specific thing about her?” Mingyu called Jungkook after he sent Chaeyoung off.

“No, thanks. I think, for now that information is enough,” Jungkook answered while chewing on his breakfast.

“Okay, if you want to know anything, I will try to find out. Then, see you at school,” Mingyu hang up the phone call. He then rode a bus heading to the school.

Jungkook finished eating his breakfast. He washed the dishes and quickly went to his room. He changed his clothes and packed his bag. He left his room, but then he came back again. He took the black notebook from his desk and put it on his bag.

He arrived at school and began to practicing with his team member. During practicing, he couldn’t stop to thinking about the info that Mingyu gave this morning.

“JUNGKOOK WATCH OUT!!!” Jaehwan cried to warn him but it’s too late. The ball that Jaehwan kick was perfectly landed on the back of his head. He felt so dizzy for a second. Jaehwan come to him and apologize. Jungkook calm Jaehwan down and said he was okay. He apologize because he was dazed off and didn’t aware of his surroundings.

Jungkook knew it bad if he wasn’t focused on practicing. He went to wash his face hoping it could help him to clear his mind. He meditated for a while to emptying his mind. After bring back his lost concentration, he running towards the field and practicing with his friends.

The practice was over. Jungkook went to showering. In the middle of showering, he suddenly got a enlightment. Mingyu said that Son Chaeyoung was part of cheerleading team, smart, and she was Yugyeom’s cousin. Namjoon ever said that the owner of the notebook must be smart because she made it simple, easy to understand and practice. She was part of cheerleading team, which means she knew him. They even once come to the school. She might know him well. The last one, is the website. Dokyeom said only the students from his school who can login to that website because it require the student number. She was Yugyeom’s cousin. They were close too. She might use Yugyeom’s student ID number. It’s an easy thing for her. Jungkook suddenly got a chill. Why it was perfectly fitted her?

Jungkook quickly finished his shower. As soon as he went out from showering room, he was searching for his phone. While drying his hair, he quickly surfing on his SNS. He searched  through Chaeyoung’s SNS to get some information. Luckily, she was the type to play with SNS a lot and tend to post her daily life. Jungkook found out that Chaeyoung will meet her friends at 3 on Gureum Terrace. She post in on her twitter. She also mentioned her friends and also the restaurant. Maybe she will get special discount or what. Jungkook didn’t care. He only care that he didn’t have to spend much effort to meet her. Jungkook want to talk about this to Mingyu. But, he didn’t found him on the club room.

As soon as he finished showering and dress up, Jungkook grabbed his bag and left the school. His teammate found it strange. Usually, Jungkook was the last one who left the field. But this time, is the opposite. He also left without words. He saw Mingyu was still in the field, but he couldn’t wait to meet the stalker. So, he only waved to him and decided he will texted Mingyu once he got on the bus.

Mingyu was confused because he saw Jungkook was left in hurry. He asked around did Jungkook say something about his destination and the reason why he was in hurry, but no one knows. After collected all the balls they used for practice, Mingyu went to the club room. He took his bag and checked on his phone. He saw a message from Jungkook. Jungkook told him about the clue he discovered when he was in shower earlier. He also said he was in the way to meet that Chaeyoung. Mingyu’s heart was racing. He was very shocked. He didn’t know Jungkook will thinking about that!!! He immediately dialed Jungkook’s phone number.

“Jungkook, where are you?” Mingyu asked him right away.

“I am on my way to meet Chaeyoung. Why?” Jungkook answered.

“Hey, listen. All the clues might fit her. But, don’t you think it will be good if you are not directly confronts her like that? What if, she isn’t the actual culprit? It could be someone else. It just coincidently fit her,”Mingyu tried to prevent Jungkook to meet Son Chaeyoung.

“We won’t know unless we confirmed,” Jungkook was confident of what he was doing.

“Then, don’t make it obvious. What if she is not the culprit, but she happened to know the real culprit. The gossip will spread like a virus. It is not good for the culprit. Listen, I am not trying to defend the culprit, I knew what she did was wrong, but she also have the right to not get ashamed, right? Imagine, what if someone accused DK as a stalker, but DK knew the actual stalker was Taehyung. All the school will knew Taehyung is a stalker and they will talk about it. Imagine, what will happen to Taehyung’s school life?” Mingyu still didn’t give up to made the meeting will not happen.

“I got it. you don’t have to worry,” Jungkook ensure Mingyu that he won’t make it obvious.

“Want me to come with you? Truthfully speaking I am freaking worry right now. It didn’t means I am not trust you, but, I know very well you are very bad handling things with girls,” Mingyu finally give up. He knows once Jungkook made up his mind, he will go for it. The only option he had is to prevent it himself.

“It’s okay. I can handle it. Thanks for worrying,” Jungkook reject Mingyu’s offer confidently.

Mingyu hang up the phone call. Now, he should find another way to avoid the mess that caused by his action. DAMN IT KIM MINGYU. How come I didn’t realize that said the things that could lead to misunderstanding? What should I do to stop Jungkook to meet Chaeyoung? Calm down, Kim Mingyu. Calm down.

Mingyu calmed his mind like he always do when he visit his uncle in the temple. He tried to clear his mind to find the way out for this crisis. Okay, I got it. I will tell Jungkook ten minutes later for make it not obvious. After ten minutes, Mingyu will call Jungkook.

“Kook, have you meet her?” Mingyu bite his nail because of nervousness.

“No. I am still walking towards the café. Why?” Jungkook was walking while tried to found the Gureum Terrace café.

“That’s great. Look, I get new information. Actually, there is another Chaeyoung,” Mingyu was relieved because they haven’t meet. Now, he confidently persuade Jungkook to reconsider his decision.

“What??? What do you mean by another?” Jungkook stopped to focus on Mingyu’s voice.

“Another one is Park Chaeyoung. I don’t know much about her. She is pretty smart too. But, I only have that information because she doesn’t have any SNS,” Mingyu wish that by giving Jungkook least information about Chaeyoung, could make it difficult for him to find her.

“So, you means, there is a possibility, the culprit is another Chaeyoung?” Jungkook finally found the café while still talking with Mingyu. The Gureum Terrace café. He saw Chaeyoung was sitting down with her friends through the café window.

“Yeah, there will always be many possibilities. So, now, what will you do? Are you still going to meet her?” Mingyu asked Jungkook while maintain his voice to not sound anxious.

Jungkook still holding his phone on his ears but he was lost in thought. All the clues he found so far really fitted Son Chaeyoung. But, his heart didn’t say so. Although he didn’t remember that girl’s face, but, he could sense that the attitude, gesture and “aura” of that girl didn’t match with Son Chaeyoung. He wasn’t sure anymore. Should he asked that Chaeyoung? She might know the real one. But, why did he hesitate to walk inside?

“AH, I AM SORRY. I REALLY SORRY!!” a girl bumped into Jungkook who was dazing off and apologize. She seems in hurry. Jungkook forgave her because he knew he also wrong.

“Oh, sorry Mingyu, what did you just say?” Jungkook finally realize he was in the middle of the phone call with Mingyu.

“HEY PARK CHAEYOUNG WAIT FOR ME!!!” the girl who bumped into Jungkook was shouting and walked in hurry.

Jungkook who heard “Park Chaeyoung” impulsively turned his head towards the girl.

“Mingyu, I will call you later,” Jungkook hang up his phone and began to following that girl.

The brown haired girl who bumped into Jungkook finally catch up with a girl that she called as Park Chaeyoung. There were a lot of girls whose name Park Chaeyoung, Jungkook knew it. But, he didn’t know what had gotten into him, he only following them like he was under a spell. Now, Jungkook felt like he was the real stalker. He wore a cap and following a random girl he didn’t know. He was ashamed but he kept following them.

Those two girls were arrived at the venue where their friend was already waiting for them. They sat up the music instruments and preparing to hold their busking. Jungkook sat down in the place where not too far but not too close from them. Since he kept his distance, he didn’t get to see the Park Chaeyoung’s face clearly.

Jungkook kept watching that girl. Suddenly, the girl whose name was Park Chaeyoung went somewhere by herself. Jungkook who saw that quickly tailed her. He thought it will be the perfect time for him to catch her. He accelerated his footsteps to shorten the distance and avoid the risk he lose her. The girl went to car park. Because Jungkook didn’t want to get discovered, he decided to waiting in car park gate. There might be a possibility he will lose her because she was riding a car. But, there was also a chance she will come back towards the venue without riding the car.

Bingo! The girl was walking towards the parking gate. She was bringing a big box on her hands. Jungkook kept waiting on his place while watching her. He was waiting until that girl passed him by. He will pretend to meet her accidently. He didn’t want the girl to suspect him to following her. Jungkook fixed his cap position. It’s about time the girl arrived so he was took several steps behind so it would look natural while he was walking.

“Park… Chaeyoung…sshi?” Jungkook already build up his courage but he was a bit hesitate when he called her.

The girl he called was stop and turned her head to the right side. Their eyes met. Jungkook observed her movement carefully. She looked surprised when she saw him. Then, after a second, she was looking to other direction, avoiding his eyes. Jungkook walked closer to her. She didn’t move. She only standing still in her place.

“You, know me, right?” Jungkook stopped when he was one meter away from her. He was still staring at her intensively.

Chaeyoung was panicked and not able to think straight. She never expected she bumped into Jungkook here. Her heart was beating so fast as Jungkook become closer and stared at her. suddenly shut tight and her tongue couldn’t move to answer Jungkook’s question.

“It seems like you aren’t remember me. You left your wallet in the café before. Do you remember?” Jungkook asked her. He purposely asked her that question to saw how she will react. And if he was lucky, he could analyze

The expression on her face was showing that she was panic.  Jungkook was smirking. Her panicked reaction made him sure that she really was the culprit. He was busy made a sentence on his head while waiting for her response. He was ready to spit it out and interrogate her.

Chaeyoung still quiet but she managed to calm down a little. She quietly took few short steps to get further from him. Being in 1 meter radius was too dangerous. She was afraid Jungkook could hear her heartbeat.

“Hey Chaeyoung, what are you doing there?” Jisoo suddenly showed up.

“Who? Your friend?” Jisoo asked Chaeyoung when she saw Jungkook.

“Ah, no. He only a passerby asking for direction,” the words just come out from her words without further thought. She was ashamed because she told Jisoo a lie. Not only to Jisoo, she also ashamed to Jungkook too. Chaeyoung was relieved because Jisoo’s presence could loosen the tense.

Now, Jisoo was here and she even lied to her. She thought it was the perfect timing to running away from Jungkook. She was about to leave with Jisoo, but then, Jungkook called her again.

“Miss, can you repeat again which direction should I take to go to Gureum Terrace Café?” Jungkook decided to take a role on Chaeyoung’s game. He was pretending to become a passerby who asked for direction. He even used Busan dialect to make it more perfect. He willingly play this game because right now, he was 100% sure that girl was the stalker.

“You should tell him the right direction. And please make it quick. You know we were late,” Jisoo was whispering because she didn’t want to offend that guy. She smiled at Chaeyoung and left her behind.

“Are you really not remember me?” Jungkook asked again. This time, he put a bit pressure on his voice tone so it sounds like he threat her.

“Oh, wallet. Yes I remember. Thank you so much to return my wallet,” Chaeyoung felt like she was caught off guard. She was ashamed because Jungkook playing around with her lie.

“Is that all? Don’t you think we have met beside the wallet incident?” Jungkook interrogate her again.

“What’s with him? Did he remember I once confessed to him? But, yesterday, when he returned my wallet, he seems like he didn’t recognize me. What is his plan? How should I react? Should I reacting like I only know him as someone who return my wallet? or, should I react as someone who once confessed to him? No, no, no it is too embarrassing,” Chaeyoung was busy thinking what should she react to answer his question.

Jungkook suddenly took out a notebook that Chaeyoung gave him from his bag. Chaeyoung was gulping and her hands were trembling. The energy on her body slowly left and made her feet suddenly became so weak. Now, at this situation she think she might be fainted because this amazing surprise.

“PARK CHAEYOUNG HURRY UP!!! WE ARE LATE!!!” Jisoo shouted from afar. Jisoo getting impatient because Chaeyoung still talking with that man. They should set the cable which was in the box that Chaeyoung’s held right now. They should hurry because the audience was waiting for them to start their encore stage for their busking event.

The energy that left Chaeyoung’s body gradually coming back alongside Jisoo’s shout. Chaeyoung looked at her watch and Jisoo was right. They were late. The performance should start in 10 minutes meanwhile they haven’t set the cables.

“You are the one who gave this book, right?” Jungkook continue questioning Chaeyoung after he got interrupted by Jisoo. This time, Jungkook couldn’t control his voice again. His voice began to sound cynical.

Chaeyoung didn’t answer. She was hesitant whether she should running towards Jisoo or answer his question. She knows there must be something wrong because Jungkook was stopped her here and show her the book. He also looked annoyed and angry.

“There is no use for you to deny it. I already know. I want to ask many questions. And you have better answer it properly. If you try to…,” Jungkook hasn’t finished his words because it was interrupted by Jisoo’s who called for Chaeyoung again.

“Next time, I will answer it next time. I promise. I am sorry but I gotta go,” Chaeyoung was panicked.  Not only because Jisoo was getting impatient and she should start their busking, but also because Jungkook looked so damned scary right now. His gazes was so frightening. Chaeyoung know it won’t be any good to stay with him now. She needs to get away from here.

Jungkook grab Chaeyoung’s arm to prevent her from running away. It took so long to finally found her and he didn’t want to go home empty handedly. Moreover, who will guarantee they will meet again. This girl might be lying so that she could escape.

“I think you are not in the position to decide whether you should leave or not. Who will guarantee that you will keep your promise?” Jungkook can’t trust her.

“I know it may sounds like an excuse. But, I am busy right now. I need to prepare for my busking. I promise. I will meet you. I know you may not trust me but. Please… I will meet you again once I finished my performance. I will come here again at 7,” Chaeyoung begged him. She didn’t know what she did wrong to make him angry. But she knew it must be something important..

Jungkook loosen his grip and stared at that girl. She must be telling the truth. He heard her friend was called for her to get hurry. He finally let her arm go.

“Fine. But, instead of here. Let’s meet at Gureum Terrace Café at 7,” he changed the meeting point. He purposely choose the place to where the other Chaeyoung was. Although there might be a less possibility another Chaeyoung was still in there. He want to see which Chaeyoung is the real culprit by comparing their reaction and how they will answer his question. Sounds like a crazy idea. But, he got nothing to lose.

Jungkook let go of her arm. As soon as her arm was free, she thanked him and bowed. She then quickly running towards her friend.

“You keep looking behind and you look so worry. Are you worrying about that guy?” Jisoo asked Chaeyoung who finally catch up with her.

“Ah, yeah, perhaps. I wish he could find his away,” Chaeyoung showed fake smile. Yes. She was really worry. What on earth did she do that made him angry. Besides, it seems like he was looking for her for so long. But, why it must be now? Yesterday he didn’t even recognize her. Chaeyoung shook her head. She needs to clear her mind and focus on performing. She didn’t want to make their audience disappointed of their last stage.

***

The audiences give very loud applause to Blackpink, the band that just finished their performance. Jisoo, as the band’s leader gave her speech and thanked everyone who willingly spent some of their money to help children in needs. Jennie gave a piece of paper to Jisoo and Jisoo proudly announced the nominal of the money that they collected during their busking event. After they bowed, some of the audiences were walked closer to take picture with them. Some of them also request them to made their homepage and uploading their performance. They thanked the audience for giving so much loves for their band. But, they were apologizes because it must be hard for them to maintain the band as they were busy with their own schedule. But they promise if they have free time, they will performing again.

Mingyu was standing quite far from the performance location but he still able to spotted Chaeyoung. As soon as Jungkook said he was on the way to meet Son Chaeyoung, Mingyu rush over to that café. But, once he arrived, he only saw Son Chaeyoung who was chatting with her friends. He  couldn’t see Jungkook. Mingyu was walking around trying to found Jungkook’s presence, but he couldn’t find him. He was relieved but there was something that still disturbs his mind. He was afraid Jungkook might found out about the real Chaeyoung. Although the chance was only less than 5% for Jungkook to find her, Mingyu was worried. He decided to come to where Chaeyoung will perform. And now, here he was. Watching her from afar. He choose this place also to avoid he bumped into Jungkook. He didn’t want Jungkook to know that he actually know about Park Chaeyoung.

“Drrrtt… drrtt…,” Chaeyoung’s phone was vibrating. She checked and there was one missed call from “Temple Gift”. She wondered why did Mingyu called her, but then she noticed that he might call her so that she will see the messages that he sent. Because the notification for messages is hardly noticed unlike the phone call.

“You did a great job,” Mingyu sent her a message with that caption which written beneath the picture of her bandmates when doing a big bow.

“I come to your encore stage. You should come to my final match. I’ll be waiting,” the text was coming again from him. He also sent another picture which showed the view where he was standing. Chaeyoung tried to locate the location. While she found it, she saw a man waving at her. She was unsure whether that man was Mingyu or not so  she ignore him. Then, a text come again.

“How cruel! >_< Won’t you give me a bit fan service? I am your big fans!” Chaeyoung was smiling when she read it. She look towards that direction again and waving.

Mingyu saw her little waving towards the direction where he was standing. He was relieved that Chaeyoung was there. He also didn’t found any trace of Jungkook around here. Actually, he really want to come forward and congratulate her, but it so risky. What if Jungkook or other people happened to saw him.

After tidying up all their instruments and busking equipment, Jisoo was declaring that she will treat Jennie, Lisa and Chaeyoung to delicious Korean beef as the gratitude. They were cheering loudly because of it, but not Chaeyoung. She apologized to Jisoo because it seems like she has to skip this dinner. She already had a plan at 7. Jisoo was protesting because Chaeyoung said that she didn’t have any plan after this but suddenly already have one. Chaeyoung apologize and said it was very important although she can’t explain any further. Jisoo who already know Chaeyoung’s character didn’t force her to talk. She let her go and said she will buy her meat later. Chaeyoung smiled and thanked Jisoo, Lisa and Jennie for understanding.

It’s 18.50 on Chaeyoung’s phone clock. She need to find the Gureum Terrace which Jungkook mentioned before. She opened the digital maps and walking following the direction from it. Luckily, she arrived there 1 minute before 7 o’clock which means she didn’t late. She was standing in front of that café but she couldn’t find Jungkook. She thought he must be inside the café so she walked inside. Her step was stopped while she saw familiar face inside the café through the café’s windows. It was Eunha and Chaeyoung! Her heart was beating crazily fast. Impulsively she turned her body and walked away from the café. She took out a cap that Mingyu gave as a gift from her bag and wearing it.

“Sorry I am late,” Jungkook suddenly appeared in front of her. Since one hour ago, Jungkook was roaming around that area. He decided to went to the café beside the Gureum Terrace and choose the seat where he could saw people outside. He observes Chaeyoung’s reaction while she arrived. She was about to enter the Guruem Terrace but then she walked away quickly. She stand quite far and even wearing a hat to hide her face. Her attitude made Jungkook even more sure that she is the stalker.

Chaeyoung was very surprised when Jungkook’s greet her. Her face become so pale but back to normal once she saw Jungkook’s face.

“Let’s go in!” Jungkook asked her to come to the café.

“No. I think we should find another café,” Chaeyoung strongly refuse.

“Why? Why are you so afraid? Perhaps, your boyfriend works here?” Jungkook didn’t expect she will strongly refuse him like that. He was sure, she might saw her friends inside and she doesn’t want to meet them. She might hide something.

“No, I can’t go in. What if they see me talking to you? I can’t let it happen. I don’t want people to interrogate me. They will also know the rumor about Nayeon was actually come from me. I don’t want to make it even worse with Eunha too, by not telling her about our relationship. But, what should I say as the reason to refuse him? He already got annoyed. God, please help me,” Chaeyoung was busy thinking and praying.

“You promise me before that you will answer all of my questions. You are the one who agreed to meet here at 7! Now what? Are you trying to escape again?” Jungkook really lose his patience.

Chaeyoung was surprised because Jungkook finally got angry and raised his voice. He was right, she already promise him before. She built up her courage and looking towards the café’s window. Oh My God! It seems like Son Chaeyoung and Eunha were leaving their seat! Which means, they will saw her in any minutes. She has to escape!!

The fear of her being spotted by her friends was bigger than the fear of angry Jungkook. It made her walked away quickly and left the café area. Jungkook was surprised by her sudden action. He tried to catch her and managed to grab her arm. Chaeyoung stopped because Jungkook’s grab her.

“HEY! Are you trying to escape???” Jungkook face was getting redder because he tried to hold his anger. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. He needs to control his anger because it may cause a disturbance if his anger was exploding in the public place. He opened his eyes and looking through the distance before he moved it towards her eyes. But, something on that distance was catching his attention. He saw someone who looks like Kim Mingyu! He suddenly release Chaeyoung’s arm and said they should go to another place.

Chaeyoung was confused at first because Jungkook suddenly change his mind, but she did as he said. She also needs to escape anyway.  Chaeyoung was leading the way. She walked towards the place which not seen by many people. She didn’t realize that they already walk far away. She keep on walking and without her realize, they already arrived in some quite dark alley. Although the sun was still up, but the surrounding was very gloomy that causing it look darker.

At first, Jungkook was following her because the only thing on his mind is to escape. He didn’t want to bump into his acquaintance. It will be worst if it was his team members. But, as they keep walking and walking, Jungkook started to feel suspicious. Moreover, when the girl took him to this quiet and dark alley.  Jungkook know that he was stronger than the girl, but still, he felt so cautious. What if that girl bring a razor, electric shocked him and kidnap him. But, he kept walking following that girl. Jungkook felt they already walked too far from the main street. He kept looking behind and tried so hard to remember the way. This alley seriously looked like a maze. All the corners were looked the same.

“Where exactly do you want to take me? We only need to talk. We don’t have to walked this far,” Jungkook stopped following her. He wasn’t really that tired, he just didn’t want to take risk and tried to keep him safe. Chaeyoung also stopped.  They were standing in the empty alley beneath the street lamp. Without realizing, they already walked for half an hour. The sun is almost not seen in this alley. Although it still early, but because the surrounding was dark, the light street already .

“Sorry, I just felt cautious. I’m afraid someone might see us. I didn’t realize we walked this far,” she felt sorry.

“So what if someone see us? Are you a criminal or something? Why are you afraid? Besides, how could you talk to a guy in this empty street? Don’t you feel scared?” Jungkook was frustrated and unconsciously raised his voice. He became more scared after hearing that girl answer. His theory was confirmed. That girl indeed a stalker. That’s why she was afraid someone might recognize her.

“No, it’s not that. I just don’t want someone I know to see me having a conversation with you. I don’t want them to know that you know me. It’s dangerous. Now, we were in this empty alley. There is a least possibility we bump into someone we know. Besides, it’s quite dark here. So our face won’t show clearly,” she said it with soft and lower voice. The words just spitted out from without further thinking. She also surprised because her instinct led them to this scary place.

“HEY! That’s why I asked you why it was dangerous to bump into someone we know??? You really creeping me out! Are you, a stalker???” Jungkook raised his voice as he got a goosebumps hearing her reason. She also said it with such a creepy voice tone. Why should she whispering like that?

So, she intentionally took me here, to this quiet place. Gosh, what the hell will happen to me? Her look may not seem like a psychopath but who knows? Damn it Jungkook. Why should I watch so many criminal movies? Jungkook was cursing inside his head. He was flustered by anger and fear.

“HEY, YOU PUNK, WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE? ARE YOU BULLYING HER? WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO DO?” the old man suddenly appeared from behind so Jungkook didn’t notice him. Jungkook was surprised. His voice earlier might lead the misunderstanding to this old man.

“No, no, no, ahjusshi, he isn’t bullying me. We, we, we just having a conversation,” Chaeyoung was stuttered because she was panic. She didn’t expect there was someone who listening to their conversation. She tried to defend Jungkook so that the old man won’t be suspicious.

“If you only have a conversation why did you go this quiet place? You should go to the café instead. Young lady, don’t fall into this guy trap. If he didn’t have an evil intention, he wouldn’t take you here to “only” have a “conversation”. Young lady, you’d better go home now. Your parents must be worry,” the old man might think Jungkook was the bad guy here.

Jungkook was speechless. He really want to say that was the opposite!!! The one who brought him here was that girl. Luckily, his rational mind was still there. He knew that old man wouldn’t believe him. He 100% sure that old man will trust the girl more. Yeah, speaking of innocence, she really looks so innocence if you don’t know her true self.

“He actually is … my brother. He is not a bad guy. Hehehe… I am sorry to make you worry. We will go home, now. Don’t worry too much, Ahjusshi. Please safely go home. Good evening!” Chaeyoung bowed to the old man and quickly grabbed Jungkook’s arm then run away. She had to lie in order to keep them safe. She afraid the old man might think Jungkook will do something bad to her. if she said Jungkook is her brother, he might understand.

“I am sorry,” she released Jungkook’s arm then quickly get away from him once they turned right in the intersection. They both walk in silence towards the main street. Jungkook lead the way. After walking about 15 minutes stuffed with awkward atmosphere, Jungkook was stopped in the middle. He turned around and stared at Chaeyoung. Their eyes met and Chaeyoung quickly looked down to the street. Didn’t dare to see him on the eyes.

I am doomed. I don’t know the way out of this place. We are lost. Damn! This place look the same in every corner. What should I do now? Should I tell him that I don’t know the way to the main street? But, I might look funny if I said I am lost. It also dangerous if she knows I can’t find the way out.

“Enough with the walk. We walked around this place and I can’t see any single café around here. You take me long way here to this creepy place, getting scolded by an old man, and what now?” he blamed Chaeyoung to hide the embarrassing fact that he actually lost.

“I am sorry,” she apologizes.

Jungkook sighed. Actually, he hopes that girl will say she know a café and lead the way. Now, Jungkook will stuck with her walking in this maze neighborhood for unknown hours again. They stay quiet for a while.

“I think, I found one,” Chaeyoung broke the silence. She was looking the nearby café on her phone. She looked at Jungkook to ask for permission.

“So what?!” Jungkook was relieved but he acted like he was still annoyed. She was startled at his reaction. After hesitate for a second, she began to walk and Jungkook followed her from behind.

It’s only took less than 5 minutes for them to arrive on the main street. Jungkook was embarrassed because actually they weren’t that far from the main street. Not far from there, they can see a small café with classic European interior. It was the first time they saw it. The location wasn’t strategic because there were barely people who passed that street. Perfect place for people who want to spent their time alone in solitude. There weren’t many windows too.

Chaeyoung came inside first. The middle aged woman who looked very elegant greeted her. Chaeyoung smiled to her and towards the middle aged man behind the café bar. It seems like that old couple was the owner of this café. Chaeyoung looking for a table which barely seen from people. She choose a table in the corner. 

The classical music and the calm café couldn’t chase away the stuffed atmosphere between them. Chaeyoung didn’t know what to do because she was too afraid to start the conversation. Besides, it was Jungkook who asked her to do some talk. Jungkook didn’t start the conversation because he still thinking how to begin it. After thinking for some time, he decided to start it with the book first. He took a deep breath, and about to say the first word, but he hold it back again because the old lady was come and give them the menu.

Jungkook skipped the food page and go directly to beverages and order one cup of Ice Chocolate. Chaeyoung was surprised by how fast Jungkook choose the menu. She was panicked and quickly opened the beverages page and order the first drink she saw.

“Wow, it is quite surprising for a young lady to order Ginger Tea. But, it’s good for your throat and body. Okay, let me repeat your order. One Ice Choco and one ginger tea. Please wait,” the old lady left them after take their order.

The awkward silence was coming again. Chaeyoung bite her lips and played with her hands under the table. She really want to get out of this café. This awkwardness really killing her softly. She want to asked him first but she was too afraid. He looked so mad earlier. In addition, she took him a long way to here and made him walked for almost 30 minutes. She felt really guilty.

Jungkook knocked the table softly with the tips of his fingers. He forgot about the words that he made in his head earlier. Jungkook didn’t know where to start so he took the book out from his bag. He put it in front of that girl.

“Why did you give me this?” Jungkook asked.

“Well, that’s…,” Chaeyoung was hesitating. Should she tell the truth or say the normal and common answer?

“I got so many gifts before. Most of it was something like clothes, shoes, and other things. But, it’s only you who give me a note book. Why? To help me study? Why’d you think I will like this gift? Don’t you think by give me this, I could be offended? Are you trying to mock me because I am not good with studying?” Jungkook tried to lure her. He wants to know the reason. And if he lucky, he will know where the girl got the information that he really bad at study.

“That’s not it. I am… I just… to tell you the truth… I don’t have money. But I still… I still want to give you a gift. I know that my present is so lame and not expensive like others, but…,” Chaeyoung’s face was getting redder and hot. She must be look like a boiled shrimp right now. Her tongue also stiffened. She even forgot to breath. She needs to remind her rational cell to keep her body functioned well.

“I want to give you something useful. I thought about it a lot and according to my friends, the thing that I good at is to make a notebook. That’s why I decided to make it for you. I don’t have any intention to mock you. I simply want to give you something. I am sorry if you are feeling offended,” she keep looking down while talking to him. Even without staring at his face, she was struggling to talk. She suddenly has a weak heart when she stay so close with him.

Jungkook was silent. He need time to absorb her words and tried to find a crack so that he could use it to find a clue. Up until now, he always thinks digging information is not that hard because he used to see Mingyu interrogating people without being noticed. Now, he finally understand that having a good social skills is very important. Be friended to many people could help us to live easily.

“How did you know me?” he suddenly change the topic.  Damn it, why should I ask that question??? Jungkook was cursing inside his head. He regretted it so much. That question just let out from his mouth without warning. He only thought about what question should he asked to found out about the place she often visit to “observe” his activities. Jungkook really want to punch his own face right now. Luckily, that girl still looked down. He was very embarrassed right now and he might look so funny right now.

“Eeh? How… Emm.. I… honestly I am not exactly remember. But, I think, it was because… Ah, it was because my friends are big fans of your soccer team! You are very popular among them,” she finally looked into Jungkook’s face. Strangely, not even 1 second when their eyes met, she avoid it right away.

It’s not working. He needs to find another way to questioned her. Jungkook is the straightforward type. He not used to proceeds things slowly. He always goes to the point. But, Mingyu told him that it won’t work for certain people. That type of person like her tend to shield themselves once they got offended and it will be hard to get the information. That’s why he need to extra careful to choose his words. But, this kind of conversation really make him frustrated.

“Ah, really?” Jungkook responded to her answer while still thinking hard. Finally, after short conflict within his heart, he decided to ask her directly. He didn’t care anymore. He didn’t want to suffer any longer from this curiosity.

“You are not lying, right?” he asked.

“L..lying??” she was surprised.

“You said in the let…,” Jungkook hasn’t finished his words because the old lady suddenly came with their order.

The old lady apologizes because it took quite some times. Jungkook thanked her although he was little bit annoyed. It was the second time already the old lady cut his words. He put the straw on his lips and drinking the ice chocolate. Due to his frustration and walking a long way earlier, he almost drank all of it.

“You said you know me through your friends. But, why did you run away from them? You even lied to your friends earlier. You also bring me to this quiet neighborhood so that you won’t bump into your acquaintance. It is very suspicious for me. What exactly is your hiding?” Jungkook asked her directly but still managed to not sound too offending. Thanks to the Ice Choco. He managed to made his head cool again.

Before the old lady came, he wants to say that what she said is not match with her words in the letter. But, he didn’t want the girl to know that he read it. He didn’t want to look like he was interested in her.

She put down her tea cup after hearing his question. She wasn’t answering right away because she was hesitating. She was trying to find the most rational reason to answer while playing with the edge of his tea cup.

“I don’t want to embarrass you,” Chaeyoung finally answered. She then sipped her tea again before continue.

“You have a good reputation. You are popular. If you happened to be seen with someone like me, it will stain your image,” said her. It’s not definitely true, but it’s not exactly wrong too. She indeed felt like that.

“HUH? For the sake of my reputation? Excuse me, you even lied to your friend, and now you said it’s for my sake? Woah!!” Jungkook didn’t expect to hear that answer. Her answer was really not make any sense.

“That’s true though,” Chaeyoung responded but it seems like Jungkook didn’t like that answer. Chaeyoung took a glance at his face and he looked so annoyed.

“So, why are you embarrassed? Do you have a bad reputation? How bad is reputation so that you think it will ruin my image???” he acted like he got annoyed but actually he was happy. He was happy because he was close to reveal that girl wrong doing. He observing that girl expression. She seems so anxious.

Chaeyoung’s phone was vibrating while Jungkook asked her. She looked at the caller ID. It’s Jin. Her anxiousness was doubling. The question that Jungkook asked was tricky. If she answer it wrongly, he might get the wrong idea. She should answer him right away so it wasn’t looked like she was make up for a reason, but, she can’t easily ignore Jin’s call. She will get scolded by Jin once she went home. It’s already 8 PM and she hasn’t come home. She also forgot to tell Jin that she will be late.

“Sorry, but… can I answer this phone call first?” Chaeyoung was asking carefully. Jungkook’s face scared her a bit, but no one can beat Jin’s nagging. Right after she asking, the call was ended.

Jungkook took a glance on her phone’s screen. He was suspicious. He thought she might be lying to buy some time to answer his question. He almost quip her but suddenly her phone showing the incoming call. Jungkook managed to see the caller’s name and picture. Jin Oppa. The display picture was a guy and Chaeyoung together. He only saw it slightly but it seems like that man was very handsome.

“Sure,”  Jungkook permit her.

“Hello, Oh, Oppa. Right now? Oh, I am in the café with… my friend. Yeah sorry I haven’t tell you that I will be late,” Chaeyoung was talking while sometimes glancing at Jungkook. Jungkook who saw it felt uncomfortable so he made a hand gesture which showing that Chaeyoung could go outside so she could talk comfortably. She bowed as a sign for thanks then went outside.

While Chaeyoung was outside, Jungkook checked on his phone. There were hundreds unread messages from his retake summer class group. He opened it and saw his friends were talking about how to solve the chemistry problem. They will have a test tomorrow. They really want to escape this summer class so they are studying together via group chat. It reminds him, HE HASN’T LEARN ANYTHING FOR TOMORROW!!! He suddenly remember the promise he made with Teacher Kim. Teacher Kim guaranteed Teacher Lee that Jungkook will pass the remedial test without even need to attend whole week class.

Jungkook took a deep breath. He opened the notebook that Chaeyoung gave. He opened the Chemistry section. Should he studying while waiting for her? But, he came here to reveal her identity. If she knew he use the gift for learning, it will hurt his pride. Jungkook still staring at the book. Suddenly he remember what Namjoon said to him the other day. He said, the person who can teach him in simple way so that he could understand is none other than the owner of the notebook.

She comeback to her seat. She apologize because it took quite long for her on phone. Jungkook didn’t say anything. He only staring at her which make her blush. She avoid the eye contact again by playing with her tea cup. Jungkook was in dilemma right now. Should he throw away his pride by asking her to tutor him for preparing the remedial test on Friday or keep on his first intention by threating and warn her to not stalking him anymore.

Should he follow his friends suggestion to forgot about this stalker things? But he spent too much effort to catch her. Besides, these days, he becomes extremely insecure. After he found out he might have a stalker, he began to imagining things. Lately, he felt like someone was watching him. The side effect by knowing someone might be tailing him everywhere made him uncomfortable. He tried to not thinking about it but, he can’t help. He hates this part of himself too. He felt like he was weak, and felt like a coward. But he was helpless. It was the actual reason why he was so eager to find this stalker. He didn’t want to tell this fact to his friends because he was embarrassed. He didn’t want his friends to think that he is weak.

“I am sorry to say it, but, my brother told me to not come home very late. So, if you don’t mind, may we continue the talk that paused?” Chaeyoung finally brave herself to talk first. Jin was scolding her and tell her to come home before 10. She will be dead if she was late even by one second.

Jungkook still thinking. If he failed to pass the remedial test, not only he got very embarrassed in front of Teacher Kim, but also he will be locked up in the jail named additional Chemistry class in the next term. Moreover, he actually didn’t have a solid evidence to proof her as the stalker. Maybe, if he gets a bit close with her, he will find more evidence. There was an old saying that to keep your friend close and your enemy closer.

“You… Earlier, you said that you were embarrassed if we are seen together. I am wondering whether you have a bad reputation,” he continued asking the question he asked before the phone call.

“Emm… It is not because I had a bad reputation. I am just… You know that you are super popular. If you were seen with someone like me. I am not popular, I am just ordinary girl. I am also not pretty, I am a bit nerdy. The other may think that you have a bad taste to choose a friend.  You should be friended with someone on your level,” Chaeyoung answer the postponed questioned. She was very embarrassed when she said it. To be able to sit in front of him is really an honor for her. Somehow it feels like a celebrity was notice her.

Hearing those answer made Jungkook felt really skeptical. He didn’t believe her. Maybe she just said it to gain his sympathy? What? Ordinary, not popular, not pretty? It’s contrary with her appearance right now. She held a busking event, confidently singing in front of many people. Nerdy? Everyone could tell she loves to go window shopping in her free time. She wore nice and look-expensive clothes. Not pretty? Jungkook didn’t know the standard of pretty girl but, he hates to admit it she is beyond average actually. He didn’t know whether she wear make-up or not but she was could be considered good looking.

“Are you sure you are not lying? Is that the true reason? Why it sounds like it doesn’t make any sense,” Jungkook asked again to confirm it.

“No. I am serious. Those are the real reasons!!” Chaeyoung got tensed up. She really told him the truth. It’s might not the main reason but, that also a part of it. She practically not lying.

“Really?? But why, the thing I see and the thing you said was in contrary? From what I see, you are nothing like you just said,” he arguing her statement.

Chaeyoung suddenly stopped playing with tea spoon after she heard it. Finally, for the first time she was able to made an eye contact with Jungkook. Now, she was trembling in fear. Her heart beating so fast. She was afraid with what will Jungkook said. What did he saw from her so that he accused her for lying? He sounds so angry and annoyed. Chaeyoung prepared her heart to hear all the possible harsh words Jungkook might say. She know something wasn’t right since the beginning. She was wondering what she did wrong to made him so mad.

They were now staring at each other. Jungkook’s heart was racing. Now, it was him who cut that eye contact first. He drank all the remaining ice chocolate which left on his glass. He calmed his heart down and tried to adjust his emotions.

“You…,” he paused. The next words that he prepared didn’t come out that easy. It got hold on his throat. He took a deep breath again. Now, he questioned himself again. Could he said it?