Your Smile is My Source of Happiness

Excuse Me?

Chaeyoung packed her bag in a rush then quickly leave her school. She took a taxi to Jimin’s school since the teacher said Jimin’s friend’s Mom was waiting. She didn’t want to take a risk to make her wait longer because it could make her anger worse.

Chaeyoung knock on the door and politely enter the meeting room. Jimin’s homeroom teacher greeted her with smile and told her to sit beside Jimin. Jimin was sitting on the chair with his head down. Chaeyoung give a bow to the teacher and quickly take a seat beside Jimin. Youngjae- Jimin’s friend- and her mom were sitting in front of her. Youngjae’s Mom looked so angry.

Now, Jimin’s guardian already here. So let’s sort out this matter. The reason why I asked you to come here Miss. Park is because Youngjae’s Mom is complaining about Jimin’s attitude. Mrs. Choi said Jimin was forcing Youngjae to practice soccer. And because of he only focus on practicing, Youngjae is struggle to focus on study,” the teacher explained the reason Chaeyoung got called to Jimin’s school.

“Jimin, do you really force Youngjae to practice?” Chaeyoung asked Jimin about this accusation.

“No. It’s not true. I never force him. He is my friend and my teammate. I just ask him to practice together for our last match. And I always told him it’s okay if he wants to quit and focus on study,” Jimin answering.

“What? You said you never force him? Do you think by saying “THIS IS OUR LAST MATCH” is not the kind of force? Our Youngjae is very kind hearted and cherish his friend so much. He can’t say no to his friend. Do you want to take a responsibility if Youngjae can’t get into popular high school because his score is not good? Moreover, what’s the point of playing soccer? You should study instead. Nothing good by spending your precious time sweating on the field,” Youngjae’s mom scold Jimin.

“I am sorry Youngjae’s Mom. But I think it’s not completely Jimin’s fault. He said he never force Youngjae to practice. And Youngjae, did Jimin ever force you? Or did you practice because of your own will?” Chaeyoung can’t accept that her brother was put on the blame.

“I did it with my own will,” Youngjae answer honestly.

“You hear it too, Mrs. Choi. So, please don’t blame him,” Chaeyoung smile at Youngjae.

Youngjae’s Mom pinched her son and scolded him through her stare. She didn’t expect her own son betrayed her in front of other people. She didn’t want to lose her face so she tried to defense herself.

“But still, do you think it is not wrong to let your brother not focus on his study? Do you want it if your brother won’t be success in the future? Playing soccer doesn’t give him any advantage. As you can see, kids this age tend to be rebel. They want to do what they think is cool. Us as an adult should be the ruler and control all of their act so they will keep on track. Did your parents never teach you about it?” Youngjae’s Mom defense herself by explained what she did right now was what the parents supposed to do.

“Well, Mrs. Choi, I think you should calm down a bit. Let’s drink this tea, first,” the teacher try to calmed Youngjae’s Mom down. Since she was supposed to mediating two parties, she should control the situation.

“I can’t see anything wrong with playing soccer. Maybe in your point of view, it must be wrong. But from my point of view, it’s normal. My brother has his own life. He is free to do anything what he want to do, but with one condition, he should know the consequences and he should responsible with all his action. Our parent maybe not be here with us, but they always watch and educate their child,” Chaeyoung was protested once she heard Younjae’s Mom blame her parent.

“But still, you are very young to know. I have live longer than you. You know nothing about the world. Teacher, I would like to purpose all the 3rd year student must be banned from any extracurricular activity. It’s for the sake of the students too. I don’t want kid like him ruin our kids future,” Youngjae’s Mom finally told her main purpose to come to school.

Excuse me, but did you gone too far? You said my brother is ruin your son future? Don’t you think you just do the same to me??!!! Chaeyoung got so angry till she raised her own voice.

“What I have done to you?” Youngjae’s Mom was confused.

“You want to talk about this matter right now because you have a free time from your work only at this time. Although you know I am still a student and my school hours hasn’t finished yet you still insist to hold a meeting. It’s the same as trying to ruin my future. I left early and I missed an important lecture,” Chaeyoung tried to calmed down but it was very hard to not get angry.

“You! how dare you talk back to an adult!” Youngjae’s Mom was feeling insulted by Chaeyoung’s words.

“Mrs. Choi, please be patience. Please calm down. You too, Ms. Park. Well, I think the problem is clear now. I will talk about the comittee regarding your proposal to ban the extracurricular activity. And from now on, we know Jimin is not wrong because Youngjae did the practice based on his own will. So Mrs, I think it’s clear enough for us,” Jimin’s teacher was tried to calmed the two parties. It’s silence for a while.

“I apologize if my words seems to offends you Mrs. Choi. I also apologize in behalf of my brother if he ever did something wrong towards yours son. But, I hope you should confirm it first with your son before blame other. And I’d like you to apologize to my brother,” Chaeyoung break the silence.

“Listen young lady, I think you should learn some manner. Tell your parent to looking out for their kids. You are too young to taking care of your brother. You even can’t taking care of yourself. I am sorry to make you come here in the middle of your class. I am on the wrong. And Jimin, I am sorry if I blame you. But, I hope you could stop asking Youngjae to practicing. And teacher, I really hope you consider my proposal. Then, excuse me,” Youngjae’s Mom finished her last speech then quickly left the meeting room. It seems like her break time almost over so she needs to come back to her office.

Once Youngjae’s Mom left, Chaeyoung, Jimin and Youngjae bowed to the teacher and also left the room.

“Youngjae, I am sorry because I said something harsh to your mom. And, for the future I hope you could tell your mom what you really want to do. Don’t make her misunderstand like this anymore. Also, I hope you guys still can get along well after this incident,” Chaeyoung apologize to Youngjae. She patted Youngjae’s shoulder to give him strength since Youngjae’s expression was so dark and guilty.

“No, I am the one who should apologize to you. Noona did nothing wrong. I apologize in behalf of my mom. Then, excuse me, I should go to class,” Youngjae was embarrassed because of her Mom. He also felt sorry towards Jimin and his sister. He then bowed and walked towards his class.

“Jimin, you too. Go back to your class,” Chaeyoung told Jimin to accompany Youngjae and console him. She didn’t want both of them become awkward with each other. But, Jimin just standing there waiting for Youngjae to walk quite far.

“Why you won’t move? Want me to you to your class?” Chaeyoung because he didn’t move an inch.

Jimin didn’t response to his sister jokes like usual. He didn’t say anything and silently walked toward his class. Jimin opened the door and bowed to the teacher. After he lifted his head, he was confused why all his classmate and his teacher smiled and looked amazed at him. But he realized their eyes weren’t at him but someone behind him. He looked back and found his sister was standing behind him. He gave her the “what are you doing here? Go away!”. Chaeyoung just smile and bowed to Jimin’s teacher then wave to his classmate. Then she left after Jimin looked embarrassed with her action.

“I am sorry,” Youngjae apologize as Jimin sit on his desk.

“You don’t have to,” Jimin responded to him half-heartedly while sorting out his book from the drawer.

“Don’t worry. I will make sure I will still in a team in our last match. We already in quarter final. I don’t want to give up,” Youngjae tried to convinced him.

“I really appreciate it. But, I think you can’t make it. I will find a junior who will replace you. You don’t have to worry. Our junior is great too, you know,” Jimin finally looked into Youngjae’s eyes.

“Are you mad?” Youngjae avoid Jimin’s eyes because he can’t stare at him.

“Yes, I am. But, I am neither mad at you nor your mom. I am mad at myself,” Jimin finished put all his book on his bag and he zipped it. Youngjae didn’t know how to respond so he just back to his seat. It seems like Jimin really mad and it wasn’t feasible to talk to him right now.

There is no soccer practice today because it is temporary banned due to Jimin and Youngjae accident. The exam was over since yesterday but they keep coming to school to hanging out with their friends or doing a club activity. Since there is no lesson and no soccer practice, Jimin decided to help his classmates with the preparation of school festival. The school time finally over and they should left the school.

“Ya! What’s with the long face. Don’t you think it’s good to get banned temporary? We have a short time to break out from practice. We shouldn’t force our body to practice too much. We should give it a rest. Anyway, all the kids in class were talking about your sister. They were so shocked by the fact you have a pretty sister. Hahaha compared to your face, you look nothing like Chaeyoung Noona,” Hoseok tried to cheer Jimin up while walking through the corridor.

“Geez, what do you mean? I am handsome too. I just haven’t go through puberty,” Jimin tried to smile but Hoseok know it’s a fake smile.

Hoseok keep talking non-stop and sometimes tell a joke to make Jimin feels better. He know Jimin was feeling down after the meeting with Youngjae’s mom. He didn’t know what is going on in there, but he had a hunch it’s really bad. It’s bad enough to made Jimin’s cheek become more puffy because of the pouted.

While waiting for the bus, the crazy idea suddenly popped out in Hoseok brain. He want to make Jimin feel better and forget about today incident. Moreover, the exam was over which means they don’t need to study.

Hey, let’s go to the temple!” Hoseok told Jimin about his random idea.

“What? Why suddenly a temple?” Jimin was surprised by Hoseok idea.

“We should calming down. Not only our body, but also our soul,” said Hoseok while showing a peaceful face and doing a yoga pose.

Well, it’s not a bad idea though. I never went to a temple before. It sounds interesting.  Let’s go!” Jimin agreed with Hoseok. Although it’s too sudden but somehow that idea wasn’t sounds bad.

Hey Hoseok, are you sure it’s the right way? I am tired climbing this never ending stairs,” Jimin was resting and catching his breath after climbing thousands stairs after walked 2 km from the bus stop. The temple was located in the mountain and to go to the temple, they should climbs thousands of stairs.

“I am sure. Don’t worry. I’ve read it in the internet and it’s the right path. Come on. Let’s consider it as our training,” Hoseok ensure him that they weren’t lost and keep climbing without resting.

“Isn’t it you who tell us we need to rest our body and soul. If I know it gonna be like this, I should rest at home,” Jimin started to getting annoyed but keep climbed the stairs. They already climbed half way so it will be a waste to come back.

“Oh, look at that! That’s the temple. Hurry up!” Hoseok very exc ited and accelerate his step.

As soon as they arrived at the temple, they laid down. They were exhausted after climbing more than 300 stairs. After manage their breath and drink a water from the temple spring, they walked around the temple. The view from the temple was great. They sat down on the grass and looking through the city view.

“What’s going on with Youngjae’s mom?” Hoseok finally asked Jimin after he felt Jimin already calm down.

“Nothing much. She just scold me because she thought I forced Youngjae to practice. It cause him to not focus on his study. Her mother afraid he won’t get into reputable high school,” Jimin answer Hoseok question.

“What made you so sad? You are getting used to his mom sarcastic words anyway. You know she never agree with Youngjae joining soccer team. Whenever she pick Youngjae from school, she always scold us,” Hoseok become more curious and tried to found out the real reason why Jimin was sad.

“My sister. You know what kind of person my sister is. She barely angry and said something harsh and sarcastic to others,” Jimin open up about what made him sad.

“Of course. Your sister is an angel. The most patience, kind and gentle person I’ve ever know. I envy you. You have such a nice sister,” said Hoseok.

“I am mad at myself. Why should I become a burden to her. I am so selfish. Why I never think about my future. Why should I insist to play soccer instead of study. I even cause a trouble and add more burden to her. I know it must be hard for her to bear that burden alone,” Jimin blame himself and Hoseok just listening to him. Hoseok didn’t asked him anything. He decided to let Jimin finish telling his worries.

“I know it’s hard after our family business went bankrupt. And it’s even harder after my parents decided to move into countryside to cut the living expenses. Although they sent money every month, I know it’s not enough. She lied to me but I know she work part time. But I pretend not to know. She never cooked anything before, but now she wake up at 5 am only to cook me a breakfast and pack my lunch box. She never holds a knife before. She often cut her finger because she was so clumsy.

“She also always sleep late and wake up early. I know she is smart but she also need to study. She already in 2nd year, but she was busy make money. Yet, I am not helping at all and only adding more burden to her. She even can’t take care of herself but she needs to take care of me too,” Jimin give a quite long pause and made Hoseok think he already finished telling his worries.

Hey Jimin, I know you are sad. But, don’t blame yourself too much. Never ever think negatively like that. Maybe you think you are only a burden and there is nothing you can do to help her. Well, basically there is nothing you can do but to not causing trouble and study hard. But, don’t push yourself too hard. It’s only made you stress and will make things even worse,” Hoseok tried to console him and made him feel more better. Before he continue his consolation words, Jimin cut him.

Hoseok, should we give up on this tournament?” Jimin asked him abruptly.

“What kind of non sense are you talking about? Hoseok was surprised because of Jimin sudden question.

“Youngjae’s mom said to teacher Kim to forbid all the senior to join any extracurricular activity,” Jimin told Hoseok about Youngjae’s Mom proposal to the teacher.

“What??? You are not kidding right??? Jimin-a what should we do?” Hoseok was become more surprise after knowing the reason why they were banned to practice soccer today.

“Don’t you thing its the good thing?” Jimin responded to Hoseok with flat tone on his voice.

HEY! You are our captain! How could you thinking like that?? All the effort we made so far will be useless. We already in quarter final. There are only 2 match left then we could win the tournament. You are not serious about this, right?” Hoseok got angry as he heard about Jimin’s soulless response.

“As I think about it again, Youngjae’ mom was right. Why should we spent our precious time to playing soccer. It’s not like we were gonna be a national athlete anyway. We should use that time to study and get into reputable high school. I am so fool and selfish. Only thinking about the present and my own ambition. I never thought about you guys. I can’t guarantee your future. What if I ruin your life because you don’t have enough time to study,” Jimin speaking while staring to the distance. His eyes looked so empty.

“Studying is important. But, it’s not everything. We can’t give up on our dream. It’s only a streotype of all parents. They thought their kids shouldn’t do anything but study. Because if they have another activity they wont focus. But, is it right? As for me, my parents allow me keep playing because they know by sitting on the desk and studying all day long won’t guarantee you to have great score. There is a high chance we become bored and stress which will reduce our consentration. Work out is also important to keep our body healthy. Healthy body will lead to great consentration,” Hoseok wasn’t agree with Jimin.

“But, not everyone could be like you and your parent. Some of them, no, no, most of them is actually have the similar thought as Youngjae’s mom. I think it would be better for us to left it to our junior,” Jimin continue talking without changing his tone. Still sounds flat and soulless. It made Hoseok getting more angry.

“Hey, Park Jimin!! Stop talking non sense!! Do you want to get beaten to make your sense back???!” Hoseok was angry with Jimin’s statement. Hoseok was stand up and then he grabbed Jimin’s collar.

“What are you doing here?” asked the unknown voice. Hoseok and Jimin automatically turn their head to found out the source of the voice. They were startled because of the monk was standing behind them. He looks so calm yet scary. Both of them looked at each other. Hoseok release his grips from Jimin’s collar. Jimin quickly stand up. Then both of them gave the monk 90 degree bows.

“You are still wearing a uniform. Did you skip school and come here?” asked the monk.

“No, we weren’t skipping school. We come here because of the school is over. Right?” Hoseok was panic answering the monk question.

“Yes, that’s right. We weren’t skipping school,” Jimin’s tried to ensure the monk. Judging from the way the monk looked at them, he seems didn’t believe them.

“Follow me,” said the monk. Jimin and Hoseok look at each other. They want to run away but they were too afraid. The monk turn his head because they didn’t make a move. The monk’s expressionless face successfully made their legs to walked.

“Aaaah I am so tired. Why did he have to made us cleaning such a big temple? Akh my legs hurt. I thought I will got a knee-maid-disease after this,” Hoseok laid down on the floor to get his body a rest after mopping the floor.

“Whose idea to went to the temple?” Jimin wring out the mop.

Hoseok just let him be. He didn’t have enough energy to start a fight. The monk was come over to check their work. Hoseok quickly stand up and continue to mop the floor before he got scolded.

After finished mopping the floor, the monk told them to sweep the front yard. They were so exhausted after mop the floor. Now, they should sweep the wide yard. They don’t have any choice but to work. The sun almost setting and it caused the light become dimmer. They should finish it quickly. Finally, before the sunlight really disappears, they manage to finish it all. The monk called them to have a dinner. They were so happy by hearing the word dinner. After spending their energy to cleaning up, they were really hungry. The monk told them to take a bath and rest.

 Hey, hand out the captain position to me,” Hoseok break the silence while they were laying down in the room after taking a shower.

“Why should I?” Jimin questioned his request.

“I won’t give up on this tournament,” Hoseok give an answer.

“It won’t change anything. I will let them vote. The decision was up to them. Whoever was the captain didn’t affect anything,” Jimin was yawning and tried to positioning his body to the most comfortable position. Ready to sleep.

“Of course it will. The leader’s opinion and principle hold the key to the final decision. If the leader was hesitate and didn’t want to continue, they will lost hope and waver. But if the leader is optimist and confident, it could encourage them to continue this fight. I don’t want to give up. So, handed the position to me,” Hoseok asked him again but Jimin didn’t give any respond.

“Hey, are you listening? Hey Park Jimin! Aish, how could you asleep while I ask you something serious. Geez,” Hoseok felt annoyed. He was staring into the ceiling and enjoying the nature sound. It was so peaceful and made him thought a lot.

“About your sister. I can’t fully understand how do you feel since I never going through the same situation as yours. Maybe you don’t know about this. But your existence itself could become the source of their motivation and happiness to work hard. You are feeling sad because she works hard for you. But actually the reason why she wants to work hard is because of you. Besides, she will feel more guilty if she couldn’t give you anything. She will feel useless as a sister,” Hoseok talked to the sleeping Jimin.

“I know you weren’t asleep. Stop pretending not to hear me,” Hoseok didn’t give up to made Jimin respond to him. But after a while, he kept silent and made Hoseok thought he really was asleep.

“Ah this stonehead. You are really asleep, huh? You made me look like an idiot talking to myself. Jimin-a, I know it’s hard to become a captain. You bear a big responsibility. You don’t want to ruin our future, but you also don’t want to made us lose our dream to become a champion.

“It’s a hard decision for you. But, there is something you have to know from your teammate point of view. We also know the consequence of our action. Why we keep practicing eventhough we got scolded everyday by our parents was because of our own dream. Don’t you think we did it because of you. You are so full of yourself. We also want to be a champion you know. Even if we can’t make it into reputable high school, we won’t blame you. It’s our own choice.

“Moreover, how could you face your sister? I know your parent was against it but she keep supporting you and didn’t tell your parent. Right? If you give up now, how upset she will be? She even angry at Youngjae’s mom. She also work hard as part timer to buy you a shoes. I bet she will be disappointed if you give up now. All the work hard she was done was useless because you couldn’t wear it in the final match.

“Actually I promise her to keep it as a secret. But, I don’t have a choice but to betrayed her for your sake. I hope you will think about your decision more wisely. Good night,” Hoseok end his self-talking session. He was so tired and couldn’t hold his sleepiness anymore.

***

Chaeyoung tried again to called Jimin. But he still didn’t answer his phone. Chaeyoung was  panic and began to feels anxious. She called Jin to asked him whether Jimin was in his apartment or not. But Jin said he hasn’t come home and Jimin didn’t called him today. She tried to called Hoseok, but he also didn’t answer his phone. She knew there was no practice today because the soccer team activity was freezed temporary because of today incident. The places where Jimin oftenly comes only school, Hoseok’s house and Jin’s house. And she couldn’t find him on those places.

She looked at the clock. It’s already 8 PM and he hasn’t come home. She suddenly remember that Jin ever connecting Chaeyoung, Jimin and his phone to the application which can make them check on each other position. Chaeyoung looked to that application and successfully it can track Jimin’s location. The map showed that Jimin location was in the mountain. She become panic. Jimin was in the age to rebel and got sensitive easily. She was afraid Jimin will do something stupid because he was feeling down today. Although she knows Jimin wouldn’t do something stupid like that. But then, she suddenly thinking what if something bad happen to him? Why did he come to a mountain? Maybe he got kidnapped? Maybe he got lost?

She was confused. She didn’t know what to do. She can’t ask Jin for help because Jin was come home. And his home was quite far from here. She didn’t have anyone to help her. After made her mind, she decided to go to Jimin’s location. She followed the maps and arrived on the bus station. She still following the maps and after walking around 2km, she arrived in front of the stairs.

The maps showed that Jimin location was not far. She decided to climb the stairs because it seems like Jimin was upstairs. The location was quite dark. There were only a few streets lamps. The lights from the lamps also so dim. In the right and the left of the stairs is a forest. The weather was cloudy and windy. The clouds covered the moon and it made the situation got darker.

 Chaeyoung was freaking scared but she keep climbing. She hipnotized herself that she will be okay. She had to found Jimin. What if Jimin was lost and couldn’t go back. She was very exhausted but she kept climbing. She paused for a while to catch her breath. Finally, after approximately 15 minutes of climbing, she arrived at the last stair, but she couldn’t find anything.

Chaeyoung checked the maps and it told her, she already arrived at Jimin’s location. She looked around but couldn’t see anything. It’s darker on the top. There was no moonlight because the sky was cloudy. The wind is getting stronger causing the nature sounds become louder. This situation made her chills. It’s so creepy. She curse herself because she come here alone. She should be called Jin or anyone to accompany her. Maybe she should report it to the police.

She had a thought to come back, but then, the thought of Jimin being alone and lost in the forest made her decided to search for him. The street lamp suddenly flickering. It send a chill to her bond. After a few seconds, the lamp was turn off.  She quickly turn on the flashlight from her phone then take a deep breath. She looked around once more. There was nothing. It’s only trees. She wonders why they build a staircase but there is nothing on the top. She decided to take the left road.

When she was about stepping her feet towards the forest, she heard a voice. She was trembling and scary. Her brain suddenly recall all the horror stories she had heard. There was also a rumour there are many ghosts in the mountain. She closed her eyes and tried to ignore the voice.

After calm herself down for a second, she decided the voice she just heard was only her imagination. She just so scared that made her hallucinating. With a trembling feet, she keep walking towards the forest. But then she heard it again. She accelerate her pace but then she could felt a big hands was holding onto her shoulder. She was stupified. She close her eyes and then dropped her phone. She began to cry and suddenly the energy-produced cell in her body stop working. Her legs become weak and it couldn’t bear her weight.

“Are you okay?” she heard that mysterious voice again. She was so scared until she didn’t dare to open her eyes.

“Excuse me, Miss. Are you okay? You shouldn’t go there in the night. It’s dangerous,” said that voice.

Chaeyoung’s still trembling because of the fear, but she slowly opened her eyes. She felt so relieved because she could see the owner of the voice which means he was a human, not a ghost. She quickly wipe her tears then tried to stand up. That guy help her to stand because her energy hasn’t fully restored. He guided her to where the stairs was.

“Are you okay?” asked that man. It’s so dim and Chaeyoung can’t see his face. She was nodding to answer his question. After ensure she could stand by herself, that man come back to the forest and pick her phone that she dropped before.

“What are you doing here at this hours? It’s dangerous at night,” he gave the phone to Chaeyoung.

“Ah, I was looking for my brother. Did you, perhaps, saw a middle school kid around here? He didn’t pick his phone and when I looked at his phone location, it was here. But I can’t found him,” Chaeyoung remember the purpose why she coming here after she gathered all her energy. She told her purpose with her shaking voice.

“It’s a relieved. I thought you want to commit a suicide. A middle school boy? Yes I saw them. Not only one, but two. They are at the temple,” said the voice owner.

“Temple? What temple? I can’t see anything,” she become paranoid. She was afraid if actually that guy is really not a human and she was brought to another world. She cursed herself because she was reading too much scary comics and listened to spooky stories. She promised herself not to read, watch or listen to such a scary story again. Her imagination kept going wild.

“If you look closely, there is a path in there which lead you to the temple. Well, it’s barely visible in this dark. Let me guide you to the temple,” his voice seems to bring back Chaeyoung into the reality. Chaeyoung was still trembling and scared. She was just standing still watching that man walked slowly to the invisble path. Chaeyoung hesitate for a bit. She didn’t know this man. There is a high chance he is a bad guy. Maybe it’s better to climb down the stairs and go back home. But, he said he saw a middle school boy. If it’s true and that boy is Jimin, she can’t leave him alone. That man paused his step then looked back at her.

“Can you walk? Do you need a help?” he offered a help to her.

“No, I can walk on my own,” she refuse his offer then slowly following his step.

Well, he was true. There is path towards the temple. After walking about 1 minutes, you could saw an ancient and beautiful temple. Under the dim light from the lantern, the temple look even more beautiful. It’s a big temple. She was drawn in an awe to saw this scenery. How could she couldn’t notice there was a big and fancy temple behind the dark forest.

The path towards the temple wasn’t as dark as the staircase. Chaeyoung could saw the man wearing a monk clothes. His voice sounds like he was still young. Strangely, he didn’t bald like other monk she ever saw. The young monk was talking to the old monk then he come inside the temple. The old monk looked at Chaeyoung and smile. He told her to come inside.

Chaeyoung told the old monk that she was looking for her brother. The monk told her they were asleep after have a dinner. They were exhausted after cleaning the temple. The monk thought they were skipping school and running away from home. They also seems like about to have a fight that was why he order them to cleaning as a punishment. Chaeyoung thanked the monk to teach that kids a lesson and even take care of them by feed them. Then she asked for permission to saw the kids to make sure that they were Jimin and Hoseok. The monk lead her to the room where the kids were sleep. She was relieved because that alleged runaway kids were her brother and his friend. The monk excuse himself and said he will prepare a room for her. It’s too late to went back home. Moreover, it’s dangerous to climb down the mountain at the night especially she was alone. She thanked him for his concern and kindness.

Chaeyoung stared at Jimin’s face. He was sleep so deeply. Chaeyoung felt so relieved looking at her brother peaceful face. She really want to wake him up and scold him because he made her scared he was lost in the forest. But, she didn’t do it. She knows Jimin was going through a hard day. It’s not only her who struggling to live after their parent left, he also endure all the hardship by himself. He was very matured for the kids on his age. She felt guilty because Jimin had to gone through this hardship in such a young age.

Chaeyoung pull out the blanket and matress from the wooden cupboard and laid it on the floor. She woke Hoseok and Jimin up and told them to move into the matress because they will catch a cold if they sleep on the floor. Both of them rolled their body into the warm matress without bother to open their eyes. She turn off the lights and left the room after put the blanket around that boys. She went outside and called Hoseok’s mom. She told Hoseok’s mom that Hoseok will be sleep over at her place.

The scenery at the temple was beautiful. It’s quite cold outside because of the wind but it can’t stop Chaeyoung to enjoying this beautiful view. This view made her relax and tried to forget all the hardship. The night was become deeper and the temperature getting colder. She decided to went inside and sleep. She walked back into Jimin’s room but suddenly bump into someone when she opened the door. She apologize and realized it was the young monk who her. The light from the corridor made her could saw his face clearly. Chaeyoung was so shocked to saw a familiar face.

The young monk apologize. He came to Jimin’s room to find her. He said he will her to her room. Chaeyoung still in shock and only nodding without saying a word. She automatically keep her head down and pretend to coughing and covering with her hands. The young monk asked her whether she need a medicine. But she said no. The young monk look like he was about to recognize her but Chaeyoung keep pretending to coughing. He smiled then immediately her to her room.

“Did you drop something?” he asked her.

“No, I am not,” she answer.

“You keep looking to the floor so I thought you were searching for something. We arrived. This is your room. Well, good night,” he opened the door and excuse himself. Chaeyoung bowing and said thank you to him. She was relieved that young monk seems didn’t recognize her. She was shock and never imagined she will meet him here.

***