Let's Have a Break

Excuse Me?

"I think, it's the good place to celebrate. Let's go in!!!" Dokyeom  stared at the BBQ restaurant across the street.

Jungkook team was waiting for the traffic light to turn red so that they can crossing the street. After the match end, they went to celebrate the end of spring tournament. Not only the team who was playing today, but their juniors also tag along. Jungkook was giving the honor to open the restaurant door first.

"I think, we should go to another place," Jungkook was exiting the restaurant only after 1 minute. It lead a curiosity among his team members.

"Why? What's wrong? It is full-booked?" Taehyung was disappointed. He really loves the meat from this restaurant.

Jungkook just smile and insist to go to another place. Right before he walked away, someone come out from the restaurant and called him. Jungkook stopped and looked at the person who called him. He was the Captain of their opponent on the final match.

"Do you want to eat here? Let's come in! Let's celebrate together!" Donghyuk invite Jungkook and his team to celebrate together.

"We don't want to ruin your celebration," Jungkook refuse politely.

"Eyy don't worry. We would be so happy to celebrate together. Come on in! The restaurant is big enough for your team too. My kids also loves to get some new friends," Donghyuk still persuade Jungkook.

"Yeah, why not? Come on Captain. This place also has super delicious juicy meat. Come on... Boys, what do you think?" Taehyung won't miss his chance to eat in his favourite restaurant. He tried to collecting supporter from his team members.

Lucky for Taehyung because his reputation as one of popular foodie in school, they trust him and gave their votes for Taehyung. Taehyung was showing his victory smile and it left Jungkook with no choice. Jungkook thanked Donghyuk for inviting his team and let them to enter the restaurant. When they enter, they were greeted by Donghyuk team who immediately stand up and applaud. Jungkook looked around but there were no empty table. All the table were occupied, but there were lot of empty seat in one table.

"Ah, I told my kids to spread. They are so eager to get to know your team. It is okay? Or you want to have a private table?" Donghyuk seems to understand the confuse faces shown by Jungkook and his teammates.

"No, it's okay. That's a brilliant idea. Thanks for letting us to join," Jungkook finally understand and let his teammates joining the Donghyuk's team.

Both of the team was forgetting about their rivalry and started to digging on the food. They become so close in no time. In the middle of eating, Donghyuk suddenly stand from his seat and made an announcement.

"Everyone! Please pay attention! I want to announce that I invited a special guest today. Now, with an honor, I'd like to invite the special guest to stand up and give the speech. Please welcome, Jeon Jungkook the captain of the team winner of Spring Tournament!!! Everyone, give a big applause!!" Donghyuk's sudden show made Jungkook shy. It would be fine if he give a speech in front of his team. But, now, there was another team too. It means, he should choose his words carefully and should keep his dignity.

"Oh, thank you for the super awesome introduction. First, I'd like to thanked Donghyuk for inviting my team to join their team dinner. I am so grateful. Hemm... as a Captain, I'd like to thanks all my team members, the coach and our friends who support us so that we can win the Spring Tournament after 5 years. I am sorry Donghyuk, I steal the title from your school this year. And also, for Donghyuk's team. Your play was incredibly great. Honestly, we found it difficult to face you guys. But, I am so happy to fight against wonderful opponent like you all. Ah I want to say special thanks to Kim Jungwoo. Thanks for worrying about me. If only you don't look back after tackle me down, I won't have a chance to snatch the ball and scoring. Thanks for being so considerate and innocent! Lastly, I want all of us here to be successful in the future, whether in school or in soccer, be healthy and don't get serious injury. Thank you!!!" Jungkook end his speech with standing ovation.

"Alright, thank you for the speech. Ah, now I know why we lose. But, it's okay. I could understand. Our Jungwoo really so kind and has a pure heart. He can't even hurt a bug. You guys too. I know it's important and we all want to win. But we should still uphold fair play. Besides, we all know injury is the biggest fear for athlete like us. Well, although my team become a runner up, we could proudly present our best player who won the MVP. Jeno Lee!!!" Donghyuk pleased Jeno, his team's striker to give his speech.

"Thank  you Donghyuk sunbae. Well, it's unfortunate that I can't bring my team to win. But, I am so grateful to given the chance to play in great final match with Jungkook sunbae team. To tell you the truth, our team wasn't in the best condition. We just lose our best striker. I am sure we will win this if he participate. But, I am grateful he still come to support us so our play was getting better. Only if Jungwoo was not so kind, I am sure we could win. Hehehe... I am kidding Jungwoo. It's unfortunate but, I am grateful to Lee Haechan. His absent give me this MVP title. Hehehe... Ah also, can I ask for a request, Jungkook Sunbaenim?" Jeno asked Jungkook and he replied with a nod.

"Since our Haehan is now part of your school, please take care of him. Although he just betrayed you by cheering for his former school today. Hemm... I think, that's it. Ah, thanks for all my team too to work and practice hard so that we could make it into final. I hope we could win in next tournament. Fighting!!! Thank you!!" Jeno also finished his speech.

The rest then continued to eat and chatting with each other. Someone who sat next to Jaehyun went to the toilet and Donghyuk took that chance to sat next to him. Donghyuk apologize to Jaehyun about Haechan. He was regret it so much that he didn't aware about Haechan getting bullied at school. He was embarrassed and felt failed as captain. He can't took a good care of his team. Jaehyun listen to him carefully and somehow, he could relate with Donghyuk. He also felt powerless and useless. Donghyuk asked Jaehyun to took care of Haechan in his new school. Jaehyun smiled and ensure him he will.

Haechan who was eating the meat happily saw Jaehyun and Donghyuk sat together and seems like they were having a deep conversation. Somehow, he got a gut that they were talking about him. He left his seat then he slip in between Jaehyun and Donghyuk. He asked both of seniors to cook the meat for him. He show happy expression and told them not to worry. He said it's his choice to keep it a secret about the bullying so he won't made them worried about it. That's why they told them to stop blaming themselves about this tragedy. The way Haechan ensure them, with his bright and happy expression successfully made them sure that he was okay now and somehow the guilt on their heart partly lifted. Someone who sat next to Jaehyun was back and Donghyuk immediately back to his seat. But, Haechan was still there. Jaehyun force him to eat the meat that he already cooked.

"Here, eat it. Ckckck how could you find a kind senior like me. Although you betrayed your school by defending and cheering on your former school, I still let you eat the meat I cook," Jaehyun put three pieces of meat in lettuce wrap and gave it to Haechan.

Haechan smiled naughtily while munching on his meat wrap. He then explain how he turned to be a traitor. He was happy that he could follow his heart. He was afraid at first if his former team will mad at him. But, it's the opposite. They were so happy. He also gave them some advice from the bench. That's why his former team performance was getting better in the second half. He said, if Chaeyoung wasn't there to scold him, he will regret it for not doing what he want. Jaehyun was smiling when he heard Haechan mentioned Chaeyoung's name. They really have close relationship. Jaehyun was glad Haechan has someone like her.

Jaehyun could felt his phone was vibrating inside his pants' pocket. He took it out and saw Jisoo was calling him. He wonder why Jisoo calling him at this hour. Since it's so noisy inside, Jaehyun decided to go outside so he could hear better.

"Hello?" Jaehyun pick the call.

"Jaehyun, where are you? Are you busy right now?" Jisoo asked him.

"Now? Hmm... now I having a dinner with my friends, why?" Jaehyun answered.

"Naeun was unconscious after fell down. They brought her to the hospital. Her parents are working outside Seoul so it need some times to reach here. Could you please come to the hospital as her guardian?" Jisoo sounds so worried.

"Of course! I will go right away. Which hospital?" Jaehyun panicked and while he was on the phone with Jisoo, he immediately come inside to took his bag.

Jaehyun excuse himself to left first to his friends. He said he had something very urgent and need to go immediately. Although he was so panic, but he managed to show his calm expression to hide it. He didn't want his friends to worry especially Jungkook. He was glad that most of them was busy chatting with their new friends so they didn't really paid much attention. As soon as he go out, he run towards the main street and stopped a taxi.

The strong wind was welcoming Jaehyun as soon as he drop off from the taxi. The sound of thunder also heard. Jaehyun put his hands on his jacket's pocket. It's summer but the wind was so strong. It looks like it's gonna be rain tonight. Jaehyun entered the hospital and asked the receptionist about Naeun. The receptionist then told him the way to the waiting room. Jaehyun thanked the nurse and with big steps he walked towards the waiting room. He found a reception desk again and told the nurse he was the guardian of Naeun. The nurse checked on the list and permitted Jaehyun to enter. Jaehyun walked towards the chair in front of the operating room and found someone was already there. As he walked closer, he could saw a woman was praying. He was walked with light step. Tried to not making any sounds. He didn't want to disturb her. The woman already finished her pray right before Jaehyun reach the chair. Jaehyun was smiling at her and sat down beside her.

"When were you arrived?" Jaehyun asked her.

"Not long ago. I got a call from the nurse in treatment center. She told me Naeun was fell down while she was chasing the stray cat. They had no idea how could a cat could sneak in. Anyway, it seems like there was internal bleeding on her head. I hope she was fine. Ah, I am sorry I didn't tell you. I forgot that you are Naeun's new guardian," Chaeyoung apologize after he realized that Jaehyun was Naeun new guardian. She should called him too but she forgot.

"It's okay. You must be panicked. Jisoo-noona called me and told me Naeun was hospitalized. I don't know by agreed to become a volunteer and assigned to a patient could make you have legal permission as the patient guardian," Jaehyun told Chaeyoung about his confusion.

"Ah, that's because we worked together with the treatment center for several years. The parents of the patients also the one who suggested this idea. That's show how much they trust us. Most of the parents had to work late at night. They need to work hard because the hospital bill is expensive. But, it's a rare case for the volunteer to come as the guardian. Usually, it's for the patients who didn't have any relative in Seoul or when their parents wasn't in Seoul. Just like Naeun's case," Chaeyoung gave an explanation and Jaehyun repond it with nodding his head.

The hospital was so quiet and there was barely any people since it's on restricted area. Both Jaehyun and Chaeyoung were sitting in silence. Since it so quiet, they felt like their voice could be heard from the hallway. It could make it so awkward. Besides, they were not so close. To be precisely, they only met twice. The first one was on the concert and the second one was on volunteer day. Although this situation usually uncomfortable for most people, but not for them. They enjoy this silence. Chaeyoung who just had an argument with her friends really need this kind of situation. While Jaehyun who just coming from crowded place also needs to took this silence to neutralizing his mind.

"Gurgle gurgle," the sounds from Chaeyoung's stomach was breaking the silent. Chaeyoung was embarrassed and it made her face got red. She remember she only eat a salad before. She was so embarrassed because she was sure Jaehyun heard it. Jaehyun was smiling when he heard it. The too quiet situation made every voice sounds louder.

"Pfftt...," Jaehyun was trying to hold his laugh.

"Ha..ha..ha.. I am sorry. It seems like my stomach was growling," Chaeyoung heard Jaehyun's gigle and decided to admit the sounds was coming from her stomach to avoid more embarrassing situation.

"You haven't had dinner?" Jaehyun asked her while kept smiling. He thought this situation was so funny and cute.

"Ah yes. I just eat salad before I come here. Actually I have a plan to eat with my family but, it seems like my stomach can't endure it any longer," Chaeyoung touch her stomach with her hand and smiling awkwardly.

"Want me to buy you something? Although you already had plan, it must be better to fill your stomach with something light. It's not good for your health if you let your stomach empty for long time," Jaehyun gave her an advice.

"You are right. Well, then I think I should go buy something to eat. You should stay here. I'll be right back. Ah, do you want something too?" Chaeyoung decided to follow Jaehyun's suggestion to buy light meal for dinner.

"No thanks. I already eat before I came here. I will call you if there is any news from the doctors," Jaehyun refuse Chaeyoung's offer politely. Chaeyoung smiled then left Jaehyun alone in the waiting room.

Jaehyun opened the chat room and saw lot of pictures from the celebration. He was smiling but also felt sad because he wasn't there. But then he remembered that Naeun must be sadder than him. She couldn't enjoy a normal life. Jaehyun closed the chat window and put his phone back to his jacket's pocket. He was yawning then straighten his feet and fold his hands. He closed his eyes and unconsciously fall asleep.

Jaehyun woke up from his nap and immediately look his watch. He was sleeping for 15 minutes. He looked around but Chaeyoung hasn't come yet. Jaehyun yawning then began to stretching to chase away his sleepiness. It's so unusual for him to fall asleep like that. He could even stay awake all night long even after have a match. But, there was an exception when he couldn't hold his sleepiness. Rainy day. When it was cloudy or raining, he needs caffeine's help to stay awake. Jaehyun stand up and walked towards the lobby to find vending machine.

Jaehyun insert some coin to the machine and choose to buy hot coffee. Once it served, he took his paper cup and walked closer to the window. He was right. It's raining outside. He sipped his coffee and thought, it would be nice to have a snack too. Right when he thought of snack, he remembered Chaeyoung hasn't come back. She might be trapped on the store because of the rain. Jaehyun took his phone to call her, but he realize he didn't save her number. He sent a message to Jisoo asking for Chaeyoung's number. Fortunately, Jisoo replied to him right away. Jaehyun called Chaeyoung, but she didn't pick up. He tried to call again while walking towards the front desk.

"Whose phone is this? It's keep ringing," said the nurse who was in the duty on front desk.

"It's not mine. It's the girl called Chaeyoung. Her battery was run out so she asked to charge it here while she was out buying some dinner," the other nurse replied to her friend.

Jaehyun heard their conversation and end the call. He called again tried to make sure whether it was really Chaeyoung's phone. It turned out he was right. She didn't bring her phone and she hasn't come yet. She might be trapped. So, Jaehyun decided to pick her up. He asked the nurse to borrow an umbrella and asked for Chaeyoung's phone too. The nurses were hesitate for a while, but after he ensure them by calling Chaeyoung's phone, they let him to bring it. Before he went out, Jaehyun left his number to the nurses. He asked them a favor. If the operation was finished or if Naeun's parents come, please inform him. The nurses were smiling and told him not to worry. He smiled and showing his dimple which made the nurses went crazy inside.

There were several stores who sell foods in front of the hospital. Jaehyun didn't know which one was the one that Chaeyoung's choose so he decided to entering the store one by one. The rain was getting heavier when Jaehyun entering the last store. She wasn't there either. She probably arrived on the hospital or found a shelter to avoid getting soaked. Jaehyun about to left but the smell of the coffee made him stay for while to bought it. It will be nuisance if he bought hot coffee and it won't be polite if he only buy for himself so he bought two. He also bought two mineral waters because he know after drinking something sweet will make you more thirsty.

Jaehyun walked back to the hospital but unlike when he was leaving, now he walked slowly and observing his surroundings. He looked into a place where possibly could be use as the shelter. Unfortunately, there was nothing who looked like a shelter on the way from the front gate to the hospital. He gave up and decided to go inside. But, right at that moment, his eyes catch a place he was looking for. A garden. He walked towards the garden which located on the right side of the hospital. He walked around 5 meters from the garden entrance and his mouth form a smile after he saw a girl was sitting on the gazebo. He fastened his steps to arrived quickly.

"Why are you here?" Chaeyoung was startled when she saw Jaehyun standing in front of her.

"Of course to pick you up," Jaehyun replied while closed the umbrella and hang it on the edge of the bench.

"I am sorry to give you a trouble. Actually, you don't have to come. I could wait till the rain stop," Chaeyoung felt guilty.

"This kind of rain will last long. You also didn't bring your phone. Rather than waiting anxiously, it's better to search for you. Here your phone, it hasn't fully charged. But, I think it's better to give it to you," Jaehyun gave Chaeyoung's phone back. Chaeyoung thanked him happily. But, then her happy expression was change.

"Don't worry about Naeun. I asked the nurse to call if something happen to her. You can take your time to eat your dinner. The rain is too heavy anyway. Although we use umbrella, we will get soaked," Jaehyun could read Chaeyoung's anxious expression. He decided to explain it before she asked. Chaeyoung was relieved after she heard it.

The rain was pouring heavily. Both of them were sitting in silence. Enjoying the beautiful sounds of nature. Jaehyun was handing Chaeyoung a coffee that he bought. Chaeyoung thanked him and offered Jaehyun half of the sandwich. Jaehyun refuse it and saying he still full from his dinner. He told Chaeyoung to eat it all. Chaeyoung opened the sandwich wrap and took a first bite. Jaehyun sipped his second coffee cup while staring at the rain drop from the ceiling. It's so peaceful.

"Thank you," Jaehyun suddenly thanked Chaeyoung. Chaeyoung was confused and turned her head to look at Jaehyun who still staring at the raindrop. Jaehyun then turn his head towards Chaeyoung and smiled. After staring at each other eyes for few seconds, Chaeyoung continued to munching her sandwich. Jaehyun was giggling while he saw it. He thought Chaeyoung's expression was so cute. Her face was confused but she still munching her food. She might be hungry. Jaehyun sipped his coffee then turn his head. Now, he was staring at the flower who was showered by the rain.

"Before I came here, I had celebration party with my team. Haechan was there too. He wasn't there with us, but he was with his former team. He look so happy. I am glad that he was all fine. Suddenly, his former Captain came and sit next to me. He thanked me for helped Haechan and encouraging him to be brave. He felt sorry because as the Captain, he didn't know anything about the bullying. He felt helpless because he can't help him. He also regret it so much because he lose his best striker. He told me, although his team was sad to lose him, Haechan might be the one who was really hurt. He practice really hard for this tournament, but in the end, he can't participate. He was shocked when he saw Haechan coming to the field to encouraging his teammate," Jaehyun told Chaeyoung what happened at the party.

"You must be pretty close with him. Seeing how you feel sorry and guilty when you found out about this. Haechan must be glad to have someone like you," Chaeyoung felt touched by Jaehyun's care.

"Back in middle school, he was my roommate in the soccer summer camp. We were close since then. I don't have a sibling so I really see him as my real little brother. Although I am not giving him any help when he was in trouble, I am glad that he still want to talk to me. Earlier at the party, he told me about his worries and how grateful he was to you. He said you are the one who help him to come and cheering for his teammate. It's hard for him to come and saw his friends running on the field. He hate himself for not be able to stand with them and fight together. But, you told him to do whatever he could do so he won't have a regret. Thanks to you, he didn't become a coward and now he could smile happily," Jaehyun continued his story.

"That's why you feel so grateful to me?" Chaeyoung finally got the meaning of Jaehyun gratitude.

"Perhaps?" Jaehyun looking at Chaeyoung and both of them were laughing.

They were back to enjoy the night again. The peaceful night accompanied with the sound of rain, create a cozy and soothing atmosphere. Both of them was drowning into their own thought.

"To be honest, when I wait in the waiting room alone and saw the pictures of my friends who were having fun at the party, I am so envy. The thought of I should be there was appear in my head. But suddenly, I remember. I might feel sad for not being able to attend the party until finish, but a little girl in that operating room must be sadder than me. She never experience the fun of the party. Right at that moment, I really hate myself," Jaehyun surprised at his own words. Maybe this chill atmosphere made him carried into the mood and become sentimental.

"I really envy you. Back when I attend the event at the treatment center, all the people, the nurse, the kids, the volunteers all seems to loves you. It reach to the point where I thought your existence itself could make them happy. It must be nice to be like that. But now, I realized, it's required a hard work. What make me realize during my first volunteer work, is caring about other people is a hard thing to do. Your own self also had a problem. Listening and thinking about others problem must be really annoying. But, you somehow manage to do that. The loves people gives to you is really worthy. You spend a lot so you gain a lot. I also heard from the kids and nurse, you are doing great at school. You are the first rank from the entire school. It so amazing. Some of the kids also said to me they want to be reborn as you in their next life. You really truly amazing," Jaehyun know that by saying all of those compliments could make their relationship become more awkward but somehow he thought he will regret it if he didn't say it now.

Without Jaehyun realize, Chaeyoung was stop eating her sandwich to focus on Jaehyun's words. She didn't know whether it because of the rain or she really was tired, but hearing his compliment really made her happy. So happy that she would shed some tears. She want to respond to Jaehyun, but she chose to keep silent. She was afraid when she said a word, she couldn't hold her tears.

"I know that I am not deserve to say this. But, you've done a really great job," Jaehyun suddenly remember the lyrics from the song which Chaeyoung sang during the charity event. She said that song was her favourite.

It's been around 15 minutes since they were waiting for the rain to stop. Luckily the rain seem to give a sign it will stop pouring. The rain sounds wasn't as hard as 15 minutes ago. Jaehyun looking at Chaeyoung to check whether she already finished eating the sandwich. He want to asked her to go back inside because it become so chill. Jaehyun couldn't saw her clearly because her hair was fall down and it covered her face from the side. He didn't notice it before because of the rain sound but now, he could hear it. She was sobbing.

Chaeyoung couldn't hold her tears once she heard Jaehyun said his last words. "You've done a really great job". She know it's just a simple and formal things to say, but somehow, it sounds so comforting. It feels like someone finally acknowledge her hardwork. Hearing a sincere compliment from Jaehyun who she just met really shook her heart. She didn't want to cry but her eyes couldn't listen to his brain. Maybe she just tired of everything. This rain, this words and this situation really work together to crush her fortress. She has been holding on too long. She really want to shout out and letting out her frustration but she couldn't. She didn't want to burden anyone. She only could bury it and save it behind her fortress. She shouldn't act weak. She must be strong so people won't worry about her.

Just one hour ago when she was sitting in front of operating room she has a thought of being useless person. If she was gone, no one will miss her. Everyone will be fine except her family. Even if she didn't come to school anymore, no one will notice. There won't be any different. Even if she stop coming to volunteer work, no one will missed her. She wasn't Jisoo who loved by everyone. If Jisoo was absent for a day, everyone will ask for her. Everything was a mess if she was absent. She wasn't Jimin who existance was important in his team. She was nothing. If she went missing, her friends won't even care. Nothing gonna change even she wasn't there.

She was so happy after heard what Jaehyun said. She also hates it because she just realize how selfish, spoiled and arrogant she was. She hate herself because she was happy hearing all of that compliment. She wanted to hear that compliment the most. She want people recognize her hard work. She want people appreciate what she was doing. She works hard for everything. She studying hard, she works hard, she listen, care, empathized with people although she had lot of problems herself. She was happy someone know how she feels. People always said she was born with it. The brain and kind heart. No, that's all wrong. They didn't know how hard she try to not get pissed when someone cheat on her during the test, stole her works, made her doing their homework, she hates it all. But, she hates it more if people got mad at her. She hates it more the regretting feeling she experience once she got mad. It's better for her to do all the works rather than couldn't sleep at night being guilty, sorry and regret.

Chaeyoung really burst into tears and it made Jaehyun shock. She was crying so sadly. It looks like she just lose her family. Jaehyun heart was broken when he saw her crying so sadly like that. He reached out his hand to pat her shoulder, but he hold it. He was aware that he wasn't that close with her. It might be awkward for both of them afterwards. Now, he hopes the rain won't stop so that its sounds would muted her crying sounds. From now, he will pretend he didn't hear or see anything. He once heard an advice that said if he see a girl crying, just pretend you didn't see it and never ask her the reason. Just let her cry and wait until she tell you the reason herself.

"It's better to hear some music when it's rain," Jaehyun played Nobody Knows by Standing Egg. He didn't know why he choose that song. He just want to hear a soothing music at this situation. He turned up the volume and enjoy the music while close his eyes. He could heard her sobbing voice. He wondered what happened to her. What was her problem so it made her crying out loud like that. He was curious as hell but he hold it.

The music suddenly stopped because there was incoming call from unknown number. He picked it and it turned out it from the nurse. She said Naeun's father was arrived. Jaehyun thanked her then end the call. He stand up, took the umbrella and about to excuse himself when he saw Chaeyoung was staring at her phone. There was incoming call from Chim Chim Park. Jaehyun wait for it, but she didn't pick it. That ID was calling again. Jaehyun could tell she didn't want to answer it because she didn't want that ID to know she was crying.

"Want me to pick it up for you? It seems urgent because that ID keep calling," Jaehyun offered himself to pick the call. But, there was no answer from her. She still sobbing. She might not want to answer because she lost her voice. But then, Jaehyun realize it was rude of him to looking at other people phone.

"AH, I am sorry. I don't mean to peek at your phone. I...," Jaehyun stop talking  when Chaeyoung gave her phone to him.

"ple...please...," she said it with low and trembling voice. Jaehyun took it from her hand and pick it up.

"Hello. Yes, it's Park Chaeyoung's phone. Ah, she left her phone to charged. She is now in the waiting room waiting for patient called Naeun. The patient is the patient from the treatment center she works for. Okay, I will tell her later once she is back. Me? Oh I am Jung Jaehyun. Okay, thank you," Jaehyun end the call and gave Chaeyoung's phone back.

"The nurse said that Naeun's father was arrived few minutes ago. I think I should go to greet him. I think it won't took long. Please wait for me here," Jaehyun told Chaeyoung about Naeun's father then immediately walks through the rain to go inside.

Jaehyun arrived on the building in the speed of light. He knew it's forbidden to run inside so he speed walk towards the operating room. She thanked the nurse for calling him then quickly walked to waiting room. He saw a middle age man was sitting on the waiting chair. He come closer and the man was standing while he saw him come. They both shook hands and introduce each other. Naeun's father thanked him for coming to the hospital in his behalf. Jaehyun smiled and told him actually he wasn't alone. Chaeyoung also come but now she was outside, trapped in the rain when she was buying her dinner. Naeun's father was so thankful and also felt sorry towards both of them. He looked at his watch and realize it's quite late for two high schooler. He told Jaehyun to come home. He said he will call Jaehyun once the operating was done. Jaehyun smiled and thanked him. He then gave his phone number and bowing to Naeun's father. Once he turned left from the waiting room corridor, he speed walking towards the front desk. He asked the nurse to borrow the umbrella and the nurse lend it to him. He promise he will give back the umbrella.

The rain seems give him a false hope. It suddenly pouring down heavily again. It restrain him to walk fast because of the puddles. He walked towards the gazebo and relieved Chaeyoung was still there. She was sitting while covering her face with her palm this time. If anyone happened to walk in here, they might mistook her as the ghost who was crying in the night. That thought made Jaehyun smiled because it so funny although he knows he wasn't supposed to laugh.

Jaehyun sat next to her. He sat at the exact place he sat before and hang the umbrella at the same place too. Now, the situation become so awkward. She wasn't cry anymore but she still sniffing. From where he sat, he could tell she was busy wiping his tears. Jaehyun 100% sure she also felt awkward too. Jaehyun took the coffee cup he left and drink all the coffee. He put out the water bottle from his bag and rinse the ice cube from the coffee. He put the ice cube to the small clean towel.

"Your eyes will swollen. You'd better put it to you eyes," Jaehyun gave Chaeyoung the towel and Chaeyoung took it shyly. She was very shy and embarrassed because Jaehyun saw her crying like a little kid who lost her mother.

"I met Naeun father and he promise me to call you and me to inform about Naeun condition once the operating is done. You don't have to worry about her," Jaehyun reported to Chaeyoung.

"Thanks," Chaeyoung answered. Her voice was still shaking and hasn't back to normal. She wasn't sure whether Jaehyun heard it or not. She barely hear her own voice too.

Both of them were sitting in silence for around 5 minutes. Jaehyun looked at his watch then to the dark sky. It seems like the rain won't stop. It's already 10 and they better go home. Stay outside in this rain also could make them catch a flu. Jaehyun check on Chaeyoung once again and it seems like she was fully recovered now.

"It seems like the rain will last long. I think we don't have a choice but to walking through the rain. It's getting late and we should go home. Although tomorrow is still holiday, it'd better to not make our parents worry about us," Jaehyun talked to himself. He intentionally didn't ask the question because he was afraid she still hasn't ready to go home.

"Yeah, I think you are right," Chaeyoung finally found her normal voice again although she still sniffing.

Jaehyun stood up and started cleaning. There was no trash bin so he put the coffee cup into his bag after rinse it with water. He also took Chaeyoung' coffee cup which already empty. He rinse the ice cube and told Chaeyoung to put that to the towel. After clean up the place, Jaehyun took the umbrella and he opened it. Chaeyoung also stand up and for a second she only standing there staring at Jaehyun. Jaehyun was confused for a second but then realize he forgot to bring another umbrella. He actually borrow two umbrella but he forgot to bring the one he used before. He put it on the umbrella racks on front door. But luckily, this umbrella was big enough for both of them.

"Sorry I forgot to borrow another umbrella. But, it's big enough for us," Jaehyun apologize.

Chaeyoung still saving her voice. She responded to him with a smile then walked and stand beside him. They both walked side by side through the rain towards the bus station. Jaehyun needs to made his steps smaller so she could catch up with him. They need to walk in sync to avoid getting soaked.

"Ah, that's my bus," Chaeyoung unconsciously muttering when she saw the bus was coming. They were walking in the opposite direction of the bus so Chaeyoung could saw the bus was coming. They were only 15 meters away from the bus station. They could make it in time if they were running. But, she didn't want to made both of them soaked by trying to catch the bus which will arrive in 3 minutes.

"Hey Chaeyoung," Jaehyun suddenly stop walking.

"Emm?" Chaeyoung was confused because he suddenly stop.

"Please excuse me," Jaehyun looked at her and smile. Then he put his hand on Chaeyoung shoulder. Chaeyoung was startled and confused. Her face suddenly become redder.

"When I count to three, let's run. One, two, three!" Jaehyun commanding and before her brain could process it, she following Jaehyun's order with her instinct. They running towards the bus station to catch the bus. Luckily they could made it in time.

Jaehyun let Chaeyoung to ride on the bus first. Chaeyoung walked towards the two seated chair after paying the bus fare. She sat on the inner side of the chair. Jaehyun followed her then sat next to her. Although both of them know it must be awkward to sat side to side, but it will be more awkward if they sat separately. It getting so awkward so Chaeyoung decided to take initiative to talk first.

"About today...," she began the conversation. Jaehyun turned his head and looking at her. She knew he was staring at her so she also turned her head.

Jaehyun looked at her with straight face but slowly a smile was formed on his lips. Chaeyoung could tell he was trying so hard to hold his laugh.

"Pfft...  I am... haha... I am sorry," Jaehyun was turn his head away and laughing.

Chaeyoung was confused but then she stared at window to see her reflection. She was shocked because her eyes were all puffy. Now, for countless time, she embarrassing herself in front of Jaehyun. She was so embarrassed that she couldn't look at him again.

"I am sorry. I didn't mean to laugh at you. But your eyes are so swollen. I am very sorry. Hahaha," Jaehyun still laughing. He know he was being rude but his taste of humor was too strong to resist.

"Hahaha nevermind. I know I look so funny with my swollen eyes. It's also funny for me too," Chaeyoung was laughing to avoid being embarrassed.

They were exhausted by laughing too hard. Now, they were fall into silence again. Chaeyoung still compressing her eyes with the ice cube and Jaehyun was playing with his phone. Chaeyoung took a glance at his phone unconsciously. He was scrolling the music app. It gives idea to Chaeyoung to start a conversation.

"Do you like music?" Chaeyoung asked him.

"Yes. I have big interest in music. What about you? Do you have an intention to become a singer? You have a really great voice. Honestly, one of the reason I interested to join your volunteer work invitation is because of your band. I am your fans," Jaehyun touch the exit botton on his screen and put his phone into his jacket so that he could focus on talking with her. He always thought it's impolite to play with your phone when talking with someone.

"Hahaha... Thanks. I am so touched because I have fans. Well, I never think to become a singer. Singing it's just a hobby. Anyway, our volunteer group has a music group. If you interested, you can join us. We don't have a regular practice schedule unless there is an event," Chaeyoung was happy hearing Jaehyun compliment and offers him to join the music club.

"Thanks for your offer, but, I am not confident with my voice. I am too shy to singing in front of many people," Jaehyun politely decline Chaeyoung's offer.

"It's okay. You don't have to singing by yourself. We can form a duo, even a group vocal," Chaeyoung still try to persuade Jaehyun. If Jaehyun want to join with their music club, Chaeyoung was sure he could help them in charity event to gain attention and donation. Girls will fall in love with his sweet voice, handsome face and his polite manner. He will become their hidden gems.

Jaehyun nodded and smiling to respond Chaeyoung's offer. He still thinking about it. It might become a great experience, but he wasn't sure whether he could manage his time between volunteer works, studying and soccer practice. But, she said it's only seasonal. All the members also had tight schedule. The music club seems fun. Even Haechan join that club too.

Jaehyun and Chaeyoung spent their time while riding the bus with talking about music and volunteer. They were talking enthusiastically so that Chaeyoung almost forgot they were finally arrived in Chaeyoung's stop. Chaeyoung looked outside and after ensure it was the right stop, she pressed the bell. Jaehyun stand up and walked towards the door, followed by Chaeyoung.

"Are you living around here, too?" Chaeyoung asked Jaehyun because he was standing in front of the door.

"No," Jaehyun answered shortly because the door was open. He walked down first and open the umbrella.

"You don't have to walk me home. It's already late and it's raining," Chaeyoung felt guilty.

"It's okay. Besides, it's late and it's raining. It's also dangerous to go home alone. Moreover, you don't have an umbrella," Jaehyun tried to made Chaeyoung less guilty.

Jaehyun and Chaeyoung was walking slowly as the rain get heavier. The heavy rain also caused the lighting become dimmer. They need to be careful. Luckily, the nurse lend Jaehyun a big umbrella so they don't get too soaked. The neighborhood suddenly got scary. The only sounds they heard only the sound of the water dropping and hit its landing spot.

"You live in a quiet neighborhood," Jaehyun commented once they turn left from the mainstreet.

"It's just because of the rain. But, yeah I need to admit, they need to fix the light. It's too dim even if it's not raining," Chaeyoung agreed with Jaehyun.

When they were walking, Jaehyun finally saw a bright light. It comes from convenience store. She was right, maybe it's not as scary as today. The convenience store had some chair outside the store. People might sat and eat their food there. He was concerning about Chaeyoung who live in this neighborhood, but now he was relieved. To think a girl come home alone in this scary environment made him anxious.

"I really want to listening to music when it's rain," Chaeyoung let out her inner thought.

"You are right. Listening to soothing music, having a cup of hot chocolate. It's perfect," Jaehyun agreed.

"Then slowly drowning into the blanket. That's called as perfection. Hahaha...," Chaeyoung adding Jaehyun's scenario.

"Totally agree. Talking about song, do you have a song on your mind that you want to sing in your next stage?" talking about music reminds him of Chaeyoung's offer.

"I have one. But, it's a duet song. When the first time I heard it, I totally fall in love with it. I always want to perform it someday. What about you?" Chaeyoung intentionally talking about duet. She hasn't give up to luring Jaehyun so he want to join.

"Duet song... I do have it too," Jaehyun finally give a sign to accept Chaeyoung's offer.

"Daniel...,"

"Best...,"

Both of them were saying at the same time and it made them looking at each other and laugh.

"What a coincidence! You like that song too! It's a sign from God. You should join our music club and sing that song! Right?" Chaeyoung was surprised and being grateful because it seems like she finally got Jaehyun to sign the contract to join their club.

"I don't know you like that song too. Well, if we have a chance, then we should sing it," Jaehyun finally decided that he will join that club.

"Okay, I will take it as a promise," Chaeyoung was smiling. She was happy she got new recruit.

Now, they were arrived at the playground. Chaeyoung looked at the playground. She didn't know why she did it but she was instinctually did it. It's empty. Of course. It usually empty in the night. Moreover, tonight was raining. No one will stay in there. She looked at the slide. She tried to saw inside the slide and relieved when she saw there was no sign of human presence. Jaehyun who saw her looking intensely at the slide got curious and looking at it too. He was curious but he decided not to ask.

After they passing the playground, they need to turn right to reach Chaeyoung's home. They were about to turn right, but then Chaeyoung stopped. She took a few stepped back and Jaehyun following her. She tried to set her breath and tidying her hair. She took her phone out and touch the camera button. It's too dark so she wasn't able to saw her own face from the front camera. She closed the camera then she stared at Jaehyun. Jaehyun was surprised because she suddenly stared at him after doing a questionable act.

"Hey, do my eyes still looks swollen?" Chaeyoung asked Jaehyun.

Jaehyun looked at her face but he can't tell her. He needs more light to saw her face more clearly.

"I think we should move. It's too dark, I can't tell whether your eyes still swollen or not," Jaehyun suggest them to move to brighter place. They looked at the surrounding and found the brightest place was under the street lamp. Without saying a words, both of them were walking towards the street lamp.

They were standing face to face. Chaeyoung looked at the front and Jaehyun stared at her face. Because he was taller, he took a few step back and bent down a bit to be able to saw her face clearly. Although he took a step back, he didn't move his hand to keep the umbrella position so Chaeyoung won't get wet. Chaeyoung saw it and afraid Jaehyun would get wet so she took one step closer and look up so Jaehyun could saw her face. Jaehyun was flustered when Chaeyoung suddenly walked closer and lift her face. His heart suddenly beat so fast and his ears got redder.

"Emmm... you don't have to wide open your eyes. It's unnatural," Jaehyun told Chaeyoung to looked at him normally because she opened her eyes too big. Despite being flustered, Jaehyun tried to looked calm. Chaeyoung following Jaehyun advice and open her eyes normally. She was winking fast then opened her eyes as normal as she can. She opened her eyes and looked at Jaehyun's eyes. She wasn't aware before but now, she was realize that she was standing too close to him. Looking at him this close made Chaeyoung realize he indeed has a genius visual. While Chaeyoung busy admiring Jaehyun's face, their eyes met accidently. Tt made her blood flowing upwards towards her face. Thanks God it's dark so he won't saw her tomato face. It's awkward for both of them but they tried to stay cool. If one of them show how awkward they were, it's getting even more uncomfortable.

"I think, it's get better. It's not as swollen as before. You have to to made your eyes slightly open. Made it so it will look like you were sleepy," Jaehyun quickly told her about her eyes condition.

Chaeyoung immediately lift down her face. She touch her neck with her hand then tilt her head to left and right so it would like she was stretching her stiff neck after looking up too long.

"Thanks God. Well, then, let's go," Chaeyoung thanked him then lead the way to her home.

They finally arrived in front of the small apartment building. Jaehyun her to the front door.

"We arrived. Well, thanks for walk me home," Chaeyoung stand in front of the front door while Jaehyun put the opened umbrella on the floor.

"No need to. You should go in. Your family is waiting for you. You said that you had family dinner," Jaehyun told her to go.

"Ah, that's right. Then, good night," Chaeyoung remember about her dinner plan so she quickly bowed to Jaehyun then entering the apartment. Once she entered, she saw umbrella racks then quickly looking for her umbrella. She grabbed her umbrella then immediately walked outside to chase Jaehyun. Luckily Jaehyun only walks 5 meter away. Chaeyoung was calling Jaehyun then running towards him while holding her umbrella. Jaehyun stopped and walked towards her.

"Here, take this," Chaeyoung gave him her umbrella. Jaehyun was confused and it shows on his face.

"It's a folding umbrella. You can put it into your bag. You know, this umbrella is too big. And you can't fold it. It will be embarrassing for you when you return it. I will return the umbrella when I visit Naeun," Chaeyoung explaining to him the purpose she gave him the umbrella.

"Aaah, thanks," Jaehyun was smiling brightly after he understand her intention.

"Then, good night. Be careful at your way home," Chaeyoung bowed again then walking back to the apartment. Jaehyun suddenly stopped her by grab her arm and it made her surprised.

"You forget the umbrella," Jaehyun pull her arm then put the handle of the umbrella he was hold on her hand. Chaeyoung was smiling while holding on the handle.

Chaeyoung was bowing again after Jaehyun open the umbrella she gave. Jaehyun bowed back then walked towards the turn.

"AH, JAEHYUN!" Chaeyoung forgot about something so she called him again. Jaehyun turned his head and looked at Chaeyoung with wondering face.

"Congratulations!! For getting first place on the tournament!!" she screamed under the rain.

"Thanks!!" he was smiling brightly then wave his hand.

Chaeyoung waving back then going back to her apartment.

Without their realizing, someone was watching them from a hidden place.

***

Chaeyoung press the bell and the door was opened. She was smiling so brightly after she heard the sound of the door opened. She took off her shoes then running towards the kitchen. She could smell her Mom's cooks and it triggering her hungry stomach. Her Mom and Dad was sitting in the living room. Although her apartment was small, it was decent enough to be called as home. It has one bedroom, living room, kitchen, and even the dinner table fit into that apartment. Jimin scold her as soon as she appear but she ignore him and quickly running towards her Mom and Dad and hug them. She really miss her parents.

In no time, she was heading to the kitchen and took a bowl of rice. Her Mom was so happy when she was watching her daughter eating so well. Jimin by telling she will become a pig if she was eating so much at this hour. But Chaeyoung didn't hear him. She told him to sleep early because he has a match tomorrow. She was so happy that even Jimin's mock didn't work on her unlike usual. For the first time, Jimin obeying Chaeyoung's order without arguing first. Her sister was right, his final match tomorrow was important.

After Jimin went to sleep, Chaeyoung's Mom told her to took a bath and went to sleep too. She will wash the dishes so Chaeyoung should go to bed early. Chaeyoung want to refuse but she know her Mom might be happier if she could did it by herself. After she cleaning herself and wearing her pajama, ready to sleep, she was thinking to said goodnight to her parents. Her Dad was already asleep. He might be so tired. She looked at kitchen and saw her Mom was opening the refrigerator. She walked silently towards the kitchen so she won't make any sound. She was afraid to wake her Dad. Since there was only one bedroom, her parents were sleeping in the living room.

She pour the water from the teapot to her glass then drink it. Her Mom took a seat in front of her. She knew that her daughter really miss her and want to talk to her. Despite being tired and sleepy, she still sat there wait for Chaeyoung to tell her story. She looks closely into her daughter's face. She could saw her swollen eyes. She must be crying before she was coming home. She was getting anxious. She was afraid Chaeyoung had a problem that troubled her. She want to ask about her eyes but she hold it. She was afraid Chaeyoung will embarrassed and taken aback if she knew about her eyes. So she decided to wait for Chaeyoung to told the story.

"What about the little girl? Did her operation going well?" Chaeyoung's Mom open the conversation.

"Naeun? I don't know. I left before the operation finished. Her Dad already arrived and told me to go home because it's too late. He will inform us later," Chaeyoung replied.

"Us?" her Mom catch a suspicious phrase on her sentence. Chaeyoung was caught.

"Me and my friend. My friend is Naeun's new guardian," Chaeyoung explain it by using the term "friend" instead of "he". She didn't want her Mom to misunderstand.

"That friend might be a good boy. He has kind heart by doing a volunteer work and even his female friend home," Chaeyoung's Mom caught her right handedly. She know it was suspicious because Chaeyoung use "friend" to describe another guardian. She didn't want to refer that friend with gender which means that friend was a male.

"Well, yeah, he is," Chaeyoung drink her water to avoid her Mom's eyes.

Her Mom was smiling looking at her daughter who was shy when she brought up the boy topic. She really was in the age to have interest on boy. She want to more, but she keep it for later. She now change the topic with telling her about their family business condition. She told Chaeyoung their familiy restaurant was doing so well. It's holiday season so many people come to spend their holiday in Jeju. They were getting so busy. Even his Dad in charge of marketing and management help out in the restaurant. At first, it was very hard for Dad to working on the restaurant. He still have a high pride. But, as he think about his kids, he was able throw away all his pride.

One year ago, Chaeyoung's grandparents from her Mother side also move to Jeju. They opened a vacation home and bought a orange farm. They bought a house near their in law. The grandparents from her Dad's side owned a restaurant and small farm. Somehow, both of the grandparents decided to join force and managing their assets together. But, now as they get older, they didn't have much energy to run the restaurant. They began to hire a part timer but, they still felt anxious. They want their son to inherit the business. But, Dad refuse it. He worked in big company after he graduate, then after got enough money and experience, he resign and opened his own company. Sadly, it's not going too well. He forced to close down his company because he didn't want to have a debt. His remaining saving and his asset was used to pay for his employees and paid the bank loan. Her Dad was embarrassing to receive a help from his Dad, but, since he still have make a living for his two kids and wife, he swallowed her pride and decided to work at his Dad's restaurant.

According to Chaeyoung's Mom, his Dad want to expand the restaurant. He want to buy a land to expand the farm and even want to open new branch. But, it still needs time. They need to settle this one before go for another.

"Rosie, I know it must be hard for you and Chim for this past year. But, I could ensure you, you don't have to worry about us. Now, we have a stable income. You don't have to think about money again. You should focus on your study. I didn't say you could spend as much money as before, but this time, at least, we can wired you more than usual. And also, if you need anything, you should tell us. Don't skip meals only for saving. Okay?" said her Mom while looking at her with guilty eyes.

"Of course not. I ensure you, I eat well. Jimin too. We never skip our meals. I do admit that it's hard for me at first, but now... I am already used to it. Besides, I think it's a gift from God. If we don't get broke like this, I never know about my bad habit. I just realized today how wasteful I am. Dad gives me a lot of money and I spend it likes its nothing. Even after Dad go on bankruptcy I still going around spend the money he gave me without knowing how hard he was working to gain it. If this didn't happen to us, I will still doing this sin. Now, I am learning how to become so grateful with everything we had," Chaeyoung almost cry for the second time today when she saw her Mom's face and remember her hard time when she tried to adjust to her new lifestyle.

"You know, I also feel so grateful that God give me two filial and kind kids," her Mom couldn't hold the tears to flow down from her eyes. Chaeyoung also got teary but she hold it. She didn't want to make her Mom sad. She needs to be strong. She hold her Mom's hand without saying anything. She let her crying. She know it must be harder for her.

Her Mom was her Dad coworker. When they married, Dad told her to quit the job and focusing only to take care of the children. She wasn't complaining unlike other woman. She was so happy because she could take care of her own kids. She was born in well off family and married to successful man. She never live a hard life. Chaeyoung was proud of her because she still loyal to her father and even support him when they were in the rock bottom. What's makes her more proud was, her Mom never felt embarrassed towards her condition. She proudly said that she was struggling and help her husband running a family business to her rich friends. She admit that she was poor now. She sold her branded purse and shoes and gave 20% of the money to charity. Even when she was poor, she was still generous. The woman who usually wearing a branded goods now satisfied wearing non branded goods and didn't even complaining. Just like her Mom who was grateful to have kids like her and her brother, she also felt so grateful because this amazing woman who sit in front of her now was her Mom.

Chaeyoung stand up from her seat and heat a milk. She pour it on cup and offer it her Mom. She wiped her tears with tissue and smiling while took the cup Chaeyoung's gave. Chaeyoung sat down again and decided to wait for her Mom to go to sleep before heading to her room. After finishing the warm milk, her Mom put the cup on the kitchen sink. She walked back to the table then she put out something from her pajamas pocket. She hand out the white envelope to Chaeyoung while her other hand gave a sign to her to keep quiet.

"Keep it. Your Grandpas told me to give it to you and Jimin. They told you guys to fly to Jeju and spend your summer holiday. Don't tell  your Dad about this. He will get mad. He is so anti when it comes for money from your Grandpas. He still had that silly pride. Your grandparents really miss you two and they want to give their grandchildren pocket money. So you should accept it. Okay?" her Mom handing the package from the Grandparents and talking with a low voice.

"I got it. Please sends Grandpas and Grandmas my gratitude. I will use it well," Chaeyoung put it into her pocket and also whispering so that her Dad won't hear it.

"I will. Anyway, Mom is not against you to have a boyfriend," her Mom was talking with normal voice now.

"Mom!! I don't have a boyfriend!!" Chaeyoung's face was getting red because of the shyness.

"I know! I just want to tell you that you got my bless if you want to dating. Don't spend your youth solely with studying. You should hang out with people, make wide connections, enjoying new things, do reckless but still responsible things. All the things you could do when you are young. Do all of it so you won't have a regret later. Got it?" her Mom pinch her nose. While she was looking at her daughter face, she felt amazed. She didn't expect the times when she said those things finally came. It's felt only yesterday that her Mother told her about it.

"Of course I do that kind of things! I am not that fool for spending my time with only studying Mom. So, don't worry about me, okay?" Chaeyoung convinced her Mom that she was doing fine just like other teenagers.

"Truthfully speaking, I do want you to have a boyfriend. You know, every night I feel so worry about you. This neighborhoods is safe but I always feel anxious if you come home late alone. I know Seokjin is here to protect you but he is a college student. I can't ask him to watch you all day long. Jimin also here but he still a baby. He needs few more years to completely become a dependant man," her Mom let Chaeyoung's heard her worry. She was exaggerating a bit to lure Chaeyoung to talk about that man.

"Mom, trust me. I can take care of my own self. Besides, Jin Oppa is really protective towards me and Jimin. He is even greater than Trump's bodyguard. Don't worry about us, okay?" Chaeyoung was smart enough to not falling into her Mom's bait.

"Okay, okay. Aaah, I think tt's not always good to have smart daughter. Actually, I am curious about the guy who was able to turn you into crazy girl. According to Jimin, you can smile like a psycho when you look on your phone screen, change your clothes for hundreds time before going out, and even make an unordinary food a.k.a sushi. As you Mom, I am getting curious about the guy who my daughter like!" her Mom was smiling naughtily.

"Jimin that kid. Mom, it wasn't like that! Listen I...,"

"Okay, okay I got it. I am so sleepy so I want to go to sleep so badly. But, remember one thing dear. Use your time well. Since you are still young, do everything that your heart told you to do. Don't do anything that will make you regret it later. Once you are become an adult, you can't do these kind of things again. Ah, but one thing for sure. I told you to do everything that you want, but don't do anything bad, got it? You also needs to be responsible for your decision. Promise me?" Chaeyoung's Mom showed her pinky finger.

"I promise," Chaeyoung linked her pinky finger with her Mom's and they said good night to each other. Chaeyoung walked to her room then straightly lying on her bed. She took her phone where she put beside her pillow.

Do anything that I want so I won't have a regret later.

That sentence keep repeating on her brain while she was staring at the chat application. She was hesitate but then she decided to follow her mom advice.

"Congratulations for becoming the champion of Spring Tournament!" she was staring at the sentence and after re-read it 5 times, she send it. To Jungkook.

Her heart was beating so fast after she touch the send button. Now, she was regretting to send it to him. She want to have a good sleep tonight, but, it seems like she have to give up. She just did something to made her stay awake till morning. To be able to sleep, she decided to turn off her phone when it showed 11.45 on the clock. She still had 20 minutes before the time limit so she used that time to reply on the unread chat.

Americano : Naeun is fine. Her Dad told me the operation was success. She still unconscious but she is fine. Anyway, do you have a plan to visit her? I need to return your umbrella - Jaehyun -

Chaeyoung was relieved after reading Jaehyun's message. Thankfully Naeun was fine. She smiled at Jaehyun's text. He put his name in the end because it was the first time he send her a message. Chaeyoung thought it was cute. When she read about umbrella, she suddenly remember the incident under the street lamp. Her face suddenly felt warm. She didn't felt any romantic feeling towards him, but he was so undeniably good looking. Looking at his face that close really could make her heart fluttering. Chaeyoung continued texting by saying it's okay for Jaehyun to keep her umbrella. He didn't have to return it quickly. But, she will inform Jaehyun when she had a plan to visit Naeun. She needs to return the hospital umbrella anyway.

The side effect of crying out loud finally coming. Crying really consuming a lot energy. Besides, there was a lot happening to her in one day. It seems like the Dementor just all the happy memories and energy out of her body and soul. Chaeyoung finally finished typing the reply message to Jaehyun with half closed eyes. She looked at clock on the right corner of her phone. She still has 10 minutes before the limit time. She forced her eyes to open. To chase away her sleepiness, she remember she forgot to congratulate one more person. She was too lazy to re-typing so she copy and paste the message she sent to Jungkook to Mingyu. Seems like she couldn't hold her sleepiness more longer. She didn't aware whether she already touch the send button or not because her phone just fall on her chest as her eyes can't stay open.

The alarm sounds was ringing and it woke Chaeyoung up. She saw the clock and it was 00.00. She forgot to turned off her Cinderella alarm. She set the alarm to remind her to go to sleep because she sometimes stay awake too late because of the notebook she was making. With half opened eyes and not fully awake soul, she checked on her phone and saw Mingyu was replied to her. She read it then typing and send it. After that, she turned off her phone and put it under her bed. She pull her blanket and continued her sleep.

***

The restaurant where Jungkook and his team celebrate their winning was so noisy.  His own team itself was too noisy but now, there were around 15 more boys on that room. The auntie and her workers were having difficulties to serve the other costumers. Although she was annoyed by their noise, but she never felt so happy like this before. All the chairs were filled up with people. The boys also remind her about her son who now living with his own family.

It's been two hours after they start to eat. Now, it was not as noisy as before because most of them started to get full. The full stomach also had a side effect, being sleepy. Jungkook was talking with Donghyuk about the upcoming tournament when his coach come and asked both of them to talk in private. Jungkook and Donghyuk looked at each other and with same curious face, they were following Jungkook's Coach. The Coach lead them to the table with two middle aged men. The Coach told them to sit.

The middle aged man who wore a black suit introduce himself as the head of Seoul Youth Football Association. He said the Korean Football Association now established the annual football competition for high school student. It will become the match between the city. The student will represent their own city to compete on the tournament. The objective of this tournament was to found new talent and train them into a professional football player. He was come today to watch their match and interested in some players who he thought had a potential to become Seoul representative.

The other man who wore a white shirt with folded sleeves hands them a business card. He also introduced himself. He was the Coach of the Seoul team. The Seoul Team Coach told them that the selection will be held on mid September and the competition will start on mid November and finished on mid January. That way, they won't disturb the student final exam.

Both Jungkook and Donghyuk were focused on listening to their explanation and didn't even realized that their friends were busy looking for them. Both the Captain who were the one who will paid for the bill. That's why their team was panicking. Jungkook phone were vibrating but he didn't realize it. Jungkook's coach was the one who realized it first because he could hear the vibration sounds. He poke Jungkook and mouthing that his phone was vibrating nono-stop. Jungkook touch his training pocket and took out his phone. There were 10 missed calls. He was panicking and one of the middle aged man realized it and told Jungkook to pick the call. Jungkook smiled then immediately left the table and called Dokyeom. He told him he was with Donghyuk and the coach meeting with a guest. Dokyeom was angry because he thought Jungkook was runaway. He didn't have enough money to pay the bill. Jungkook reassure him by switch the call into video call so that Dokyeom will trust him. He was embarrassed because of the video call but he has no choice. He should reassure his friends as fast as possible. Now, Dokyeom was trust him and he back to the seat.

It seems like the conversation was finished when Jungkook back. The Seoul Coach said they will explain more detail later. They were shaking hand with Jungkook, Donghyuk and Jungkook's Coach then leaving the restaurant. The three of them were bowing to that men. After they were went out, the three of them were back to where they team were.

After no one able to consume more meat, they finally finished their celebration and left the restaurant one by one. It's only Jungkook and Donghyuk left. They need to pay for it with the price money they got. They asked the cashier about the bill but then the cashier said it already paid by the old man. Jungkook and Donghyuk once again looking at each other with surprised look. They put back the envelope into their own bag and walked outside.

It's raining. Some of his friends were running towards the nearest bus station. Jungkook opened his bag and found the navy colored folded umbrella was in it. It seems like his Mom put it today before he left. He opened his umbrella and walked towards the bus station. While waiting for the bus to come, he took his earphone from small pocket on his backpack. He plug it and put it on both of his ears. He was searching for the good song to listen but then there was one new message from Jiho. He smiled then touch the dialed button. Jiho asked him to meet up on their usual place. Jungkook looked at clock, it's not too late so he agreed.

He drop off from the bus station and walked towards the dark alley. Now, he was so familiar with this neighborhood. He has been visiting this area often. But, although he was here several times, but he never come when it raining. It was dark and quiet unlike usual. The rain become heavier so he accelerate his steps. He arrived at the convenience store and folded his umbrella. He came in and walked towards the beverage racks. He was too full to buy food. After he paid, he sat on the chair near the window. He could saw people who walked on the street. He sipped on his soda and staring outside. The memory from yesterday suddenly appeared on his brain.

It was a tradition to meet the former Captain before the big match. So, Jungkook went to meet up with Jiho. He was waiting for him in this convenience store. When he paid for his grocery, he saw Chaeyoung was coming to the store. He was surprised. He didn't know Chaeyoung was living around here. He was coming to this place often but never met her before. He thought it maybe awkward if he wait inside so he decided to wait for her outside.

He put his hands on his jacket and scanning through his surroundings. He often come here but he never put many attention towards this neighborhood. The street lamp was dim although it was giving enough light to walked in the night. There weren't many family who lived here. Most of the residents who lived here were workers or university students. That's why Jiho likes to come here. Somehow it was easy for him to buy cigarette. He said he use his older brother ID to buy cigarette. And now, since the workers was familiar with him, he won't have to show them the ID anymore.

The sound of the door opened was heard and it made him looked back.

"Do you live around here?" Jungkook asked Chaeyoung as soon as she exiting the store.

"Yeah. I live around here," she answered after a few seconds lagging. Jungkook was nodding and they both smiling at each other awkwardly.

"Well, then I will going first. Bye!" Chaeyoung excuse herself to leave. It seems like she want to escape from this awkwardness.

"Okay. Bye!" Jungkook replied. He also felt so awkward.

Chaeyoung was bowing to him then she walked away. But, after she turned her back, Jungkook suddenly remember his promise with Jin. He saw his watch and it passed 9 PM.

"Hey Chaeyoung!" Jungkook called her when she approximately 5 meters away. She stopped and turned her head.

"Should I... walk you home?" Jungkook's heart was beating so fast just like he was about finished 100 m race. A second after he said it, he regret it with all his heart. He looked at her face tried to figure out her reaction. She was rolling her eyes and bite her lips. Looks like she was thinking hard to replied to his offers. And that even made him more nervous. He must be so embarrassed if she refuse. She seems like she finally decided the answer because her eyes now meeting his eyes. Jungkook's heart was beating even faster when their eyes met.

"Well...," she replied but left her words hanging for a second. That few seconds really felt like ten minutes for Jungkook. He was thinking maybe it was what if feels when he confessed to a girl. When she was about to finish her words, her eyes suddenly moved from his eyes to something behind him.

"Ah, thanks! I don't know if I drop it. Thank you so much!" she suddenly walked closer and bent down. She took something from the ground but Jungkook was sure there was nothing on the ground. She stand up and thanked him once again then left. Jungkook was confused by her strange act but luckily, before his mouth shouting her name, his instinct told him to looked behind. Bingo! He was right. She must left him because she saw Jiho.

Think about it again, it feels like he was rejected last night. But, somehow he felt relieved because Jiho suddenly appear. That's why he didn't need to hear her answer. Although 1% of his heart was curious about what she was going to say. He was blaming Jiho. Only if Jiho not suddenly appear.

Jungkook was blankly staring at the window and didn't realize there was a face who was staring back at him from outside. He thought it was his imagination but then that human face tilting his head then stick out his tongue.

"AAAH!!!" Jungkook was screaming and finally back to his sense. Jiho came into the store while laughing out loud. Jungkook was annoyed but then he also laugh along with him. He felt so stupid getting scared at Jiho. Jiho buy snack and a soft drink then sat behind Jungkook. He congratulate him and asked for treat. Jungkook smiled and said he will buy the seniors a meals once the school start. Jungkook then told Jiho about his meeting with the Head of Seoul Youth Football Association. He told Jiho briefly because Jiho said he needs to go back to the academy.

" I don't know how the others will react but, I feel burdened. I know it is a good news, but, I am not sure about it. I know that they join this club solely because of their loves and hobby. I haven't heard that they want to become professional player. To be honest, me, myself also not sure about my dream," Jungkook told him his worries.

"What are you feel burdened for? Are you afraid you will change their dream? Are you afraid their parents will against their dream to become soccer player? Are you afraid that you will get the blame from their parents because they will think you lure them to choose this no-promising future?" Jiho asked him a question instead of comforting him.

"All. I am afraid of all that things you ask," Jungkook replied honestly.

"You just thinking about the others too much. Just tell them everything. The decision is not on your hands but on their hands. Why they put the blame on you while the thing you are doing is only tell them the news? If one of them want to try it, then, you should help them practice so that they will success. It's easy, right? I don't know since when you are so affected to these kind of worries. Remember that you are still young. Don't act like an adult. You will regret it someday. Enjoy your youth and do whatever you want but still, you must be responsible with your act.

"I kind of understand you since you are the Captain. I also had the same burden as you. But now, I realized that my friends not like what I am thinking. They have their own thought. You know why I could say it to you? Because I experienced it. It's not just sweet talk. Well, I really want to stay and hear your story but, I think I gotta go. I have my own future to chase. If anything getting out of control or it is too hard for you to bear. Contact me anytime. Okay?" Jiho patted Jungkook shoulder to encourage him.

"Thanks sunbae," Jungkook smiled and as he patted his shoulder, it seems like the burden was lifted. That's show how big Jungkook put his trust on Jiho.

"You better not miss that chance! Practice hard and make it into the line-up. You and the others have enough skills and talents. Show me what you got, okay? Make us proud!" Jiho encourage him once again before he letting go of the door handle.

Jungkook sipped his soft drink but nothing come out from the can. He shook it and realized he already drink it all. He lazily walked towards the beverage racks and took a strawberry flavored soda. When he wait the clerk to gave him his change, he stared at the window again. The rain seems won't stopped anytime soon. He decided to finish his drink then go home. He took the change and remembered that he need to top up his bus card. He asked the clerk to top up his bus card and after handing him the money, he walked to his seat. He  spinned the cap and the carbonate gas sounds was heard. He drank his first sip while his eyes were still staring outside. His eyes then caught something.

Jungkook put down the bottle and tried to focusing his eyes to someone he saw. The girl who walked with white umbrella looked like Chaeyoung. She was walking together with a guy. He wasn't sure whether it was Chaeyoung because of the rain. It also kinda dark outside. He was curious but he decided to not going outside. It will be embarrassing if it was really her. Moreover, whether it was her or not, he wasn't supposed to care. She was free to walk home with anyone. It has nothing to do with him.

After they walked pass the store, Jungkook wait for around 5 minutes. He decided to go home because it's going to be so late. He didn't want his Mom to wait longer. Jungkook push the door and opened his umbrella. He looked at the direction where the girl who looked like Chaeyoung was walking towards. The street was flat so he would able to saw that girl and boy. They were standing beneath the street lamp but there was only one person. But, he was mistaken, it was two people. One of them was shorter, so it was possibly the girl. The taller one was completely covered the other one so it looked like there was only one person. But, what were they possibly doing? Jungkook suddenly remember the drama scene he accidently saw when his Mom was watching TV. He was blushed. They might be a couple and they were... Jungkook shook his head and decided to assume he must be mistaken that girl with Chaeyoung.

The heavy rain successfully made lot of puddle on the street. Jungkook walked slowly to avoid his shoes for getting wet. It uncomfortable to walk with wet shoes. On his way to bus station, he still wondering about the guy he saw before. His proportion and his bag looked so familiar but he can't recall which one of his friend who looked like that guy. His curious thought suddenly disperses as he saw the bus. The bus stopped and the door opened. Jungkook walked inside and tap his bus card which he put on his phone case. But the beep sounds wasn't heard. He looked at his phone and found out his card wasn't there. He apologize to the driver and dropped off from the bus. He might left it on the convenience store.

With heavy step, Jungkook walked back to the convenience store. He saw his bus card was underneath the table he was sitting on. He took it and walked to bus station again for the second time. Because it's late, the bus wasn't coming as often as usual. It will be bored so he decided to listen for some music. While he was about to put one of earpod, he heard someone was calling for him.

"Jungkook! What are you doing here?" Jungkook's was surprised when he saw Jaehyun was walking towards him.

Jaehyun was closing his umbrella and fold it. Jungkook was staring at Jaehyun and suddenly he got a goose bumps. He remember the guy silhouette who he saw before. Earlier, when he saw the guy who walked with the girl, he was wondering that the guy looked like someone he knows and it seems like he now know the answer.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Jaehyun was confused because Jungkook was staring at him with serious face.

"Ah what? No, I am just, thinking about something. What are you doing here? You said you left first because something urgent suddenly come up," Jungkook was smiling awkwardly because he got caught staring at Jaehyun.

"Oh, that. I finished that thing. What about you?" Jaehyun avoid Jungkook's eyes while pretending to fixing the fold of the umbrella.

"Ah, I am here to meet Jiho sunbae. You know that convenience store over there? That is our meeting point," without realizing, he mentioned the convenience store. He must be crazy right now. He said something he wasn't supposed to say. What if Jaehyun figuring out that he suspect him.

Jaehyun hand stopped moving while Jungkook mentioned the convenience store. He remember clearly that he passed through it. His heart was beating so fast right now. He was afraid Jungkook might suspecting him for something. He might saw him when he walked with Chaeyoung. That's why he was staring at him seriously from head to toe. He might not saw his face but he saw his clothes and bag.

"Oh, I saw it on the way back here. Anyway, you guys might meet often. As the Captains, you two must be shared a deep relationship. He asked you to come all the way here to congratulate you directly right? He must be happy because we finally snatch the trophy," Jaehyun also tried to replied casually. He knew Jungkook must smell something fishy, but he should find a way to tell him without making him realize he was aware that Jungkook was suspicious.

Jaehyun pull out a towel from his bag and covered the umbrella with it. Jungkook saw him and asked why he cover it with towel. Jaehyun said he didn't have plastic bag to keep the umbrella. Jungkook then hand out a plastic bag to Jaehyun. His Mom really preparing it well. She must saw the weather forecast in the morning. Jaehyun thanked him and took the plastic bag. Jungkook saw it and realized that the color of the umbrella Jaehyun hold was black. Meanwhile, the guy from before was using white umbrella. Somehow, after realizing this fact, he suddenly feel so relieved.

"My friend got hospitalized. That's why I suddenly left," Jaehyun thought he should make thing clear with Jungkook so he decided to tell Jungkook the truth.

"Really? How was he? Is he okay?" Jungkook was surprised.

"I don't know. Her father came and told us to go home before the surgery finished. Her Dad told me he will inform me as soon as the surgery finished," Jaehyun explained it smoothly but now he was confused how to explain the reason he was here.

"I wish your friend was fine. But, anyway, why were you here? Are you walking your friend home?" Is it a girl, right?" Jungkook showed a naughty smile and it somehow made Jaehyun relieved.

"Well, yeah," Jaehyun answered it.

"Thanks God. I don't know what to say if you your male friend," Jungkook .

"What are you thinking? Geez. Anyway, she is not my girlfriend," Jaehyun tried to make it clear. Afraid Jungkook will get the wrong idea even if he know Jungkook wasn't that kind of person who suspecting his own friend.

"I am not....,"

"You are not asking. Yeah. But I just want to make it clear," Jaehyun cut Jungkook's word.

"Oh my bus is coming. It's late so not many bus will come. Anyway, which bus are you taking?" Jungkook looked at the bus schedule on his phone.

"I am taking a taxi," Jaehyun replied.

"What? Then, why are you still here? There are lot of taxi which passed by," Jungkook chuckled. Jaehyun indeed a rich dude.

"What why? Of course I am waiting for you to get on the bus," this time, it's Jaehyun's turn to .

"EUH GROSS," Jungkook showed disgusted face but then they both laugh at their own joke.

The bus stopped and the driver opened the door. Jungkook made a fist and Jaehyun bump it with his before he walked into the bus. He was humming happily and can't wait to come home. He played a cheerful and bright songs during his journey to his house.

He opened the gate with the key because he didn't want to wake his Mom up by pressing the bell. He walked pass the front yard and saw the living room's light was off. His Mom must be sleeping right now. He press the code and the door opened. He walked in carefully so he won't made any sounds.

"Darrrr!!!" Jungkook was surprised because of the sudden sounds. His Mom the light then walked closer and hug him. She was holding selca stick with his Dad face was on the phone screen. His parents was congratulate him for his first champion. His Mom didn't cooked anything special because Jungkook told her he would have dinner with his team. The three of them celebrate the win with chatting on dinner table. It might be normal for other family, but for Jungkook, this moment really meaningful. They were talking until almost late at night. His Dad had to work tomorrow so they end the video call. After saying goodnight to his Mom, he went to his room. It's too late to have a shower so he only wash his face and change his clothes.

Jungkook laid down on his bed feeling so sleepy. He was so happy today. There was one -two things that almost ruin his happiness but luckily it could be solved. He took his phone and checking the unread messages. It become his habit to check his phone before going to sleep. He got lot of congratulating messaging. He smiled brightly and sincerely replied to the messages one by one. When he was busy typing the reply for Jeonghan message, he saw the new message and it made him sit up. He finished the text quickly and send it. He open the new coming message. It's from Chaeyoung.

"Congratulations for becoming the champion of Spring Tournament!"

Jungkook read it as soon as it come. He was typing for the answer but he erased it again. After long push and pull with his own heart, he decided to replied it just like he text his friends.

"Thank you," he send those two words.

Talking about Chaeyoung, he suddenly remember that his Chemistry remedial test results has not out yet. He wasn't sure whether he will pass the test or not. He made a promise to himself that whether he pass or fail the test, he should thanked her. Maybe treat him something delicious. But, the problem is, he didn't know whether he still had a courage to face her if the result is out and he failed. Maybe, it's better to treat her before the result is out. This moment must be the right moment to ask her.

"Anyway, do you have time tomorrow?" Jungkook hesitate to send it but, he assure himself that it sounds normal. It's not like he tried to hit on her. He was just casually asked her out to celebrate his win and also to thanked her. Yes, it's not suspicious.

"Eumm.. yeah I watcgk it tmaroor

mom.s dadklllah jimdasdss,"

Chaeyoung replied to his message some minutes later but Jungkook was confused with her reply.

"Are you asleep?" he texted back. It showed she already read it but she didn't answer. Jungkook read her message again and unconsciously smiling. She might reply it when she was in her dream. How cute. Jungkook was realized that he just said she was cute. He stopped himself from smiling then quickly back to lay down. He was sleepy and decided to go to sleep. He put his phone on silent mode then turned off the light.