One Step Closer

Excuse Me?

Jaehyun and Jungkook arrived at the café that Dokyeom mentioned. Dokyeom, Mingyu and Taehyung already arrived. They immediately sat down and ready to hear Dokyeom’s great news. Dokyeom showed them a picture on his laptop. The picture was taken during their semifinals match. A picture showed the supporters of their team who was cheering loudly. It seems like it was taken when they made a goal.

“So, where is the clue?” Jungkook still can’t find the clues. He feels like he was playing “find the hidden object” game.

It seems like not only Jungkook who didn’t understand. The three others also stared at Dokyeom asking for answer. Dokyeom looked at their eyes one by one then sighing. He then zoomed in the picture and showed it to his friends. Now, they could see a woman who sat on the back row and holding a camera. That woman wearing a headband but it’s not that clear whose name was written on it. There was also another girl beside her who wore a headband too. But, the other one who wear a cap were not holding a camera.

“I get this picture from the media club. They took some picture to put it on school’s blog and newspaper. Can you see those two girls? I think those two have big possibility to become your stalker. You know the sasaeng fans of idol groups mostly seen holding big lens camera and following their idol everywhere. They also took a picture of their daily life,” Dokyeom finally told his theory.

 “But, it so blurry. How can we identify their identity? Do you have a better quality picture? At least, if we know the name on their headband, we could narrowing the suspect,” Taehyung tried to find the next clue.

“Let’s ask the media club! Can we take a look at all the picture they took during the match? Maybe we could find the clearer picture of them,” Jungkook gave a suggestion.

“Yeah, you were right. Leave it to me. I will ask Minghao. He is a part of photography department on media club. He must have an access to all the pictures. I will call him,” Mingyu volunteered to asked Minghao. Mingyu called him and after few minutes, he ends the call and smiled.

“Wait, I think I saw a girl who wore a headband. I was watching your match but in different section because I am in hiding. But, the headband that she wore wasn’t Jungkook, but Kim Nam Joon. I don’t know if there also other girls who wore your headband. I wasn’t aware of them…,” Jaehyun suddenly remember that he bumped into a girl who wore a Kim Namjoon headband.

“Guys, Minghao is around here and said I can come over if I want to take a look at the picture. I will come back once I get the picture,” Mingyu cut Jaehyun’s explanation then he immediately left the café.

After Mingyu left, Jungkook bring out all the sticky notes from his locker. Each of them take a look at the sticky notes and read the messages on it.

Do your best on your re-take exam! You can do it!!

You did a great job. As a Captain, you should take care of your member.

God is fair. Your kindness and good deed will be paid by Him.

True friends are hard to find. Don’t ever lose them. Treat them as your treasure.

Prejudice is cruel. But the truth is crueler. Show them that they are wrong. Breakthrough is the only way.

They took turn to read all the messages. Sometimes they frown because they didn’t know the meaning. After they read all of them, they weren’t getting a new clue, rather they become more confuse.

“Why do you think it’s related to the stalker?” Dokyeom asked Jungkook because he couldn’t bear this confusion.

“I don’t think it’s suspicious at first. But, when I rethink, that notes always comes whenever unordinary scenes happened in my life. I can’t remember all of it, but, that “True friends are hard to find” I got it when i have a fight with Jaehyun. “Prejudice is cruel,” that one is when I got accused for cheating,” Jungkook explained.

“Ew, it really creeps me out,” Dokyeom rubbed his arm because of the shiver.

Jaehyun lean his body on the sofa while still staring at all the sticky notes on the table. He suddenly realized something and made him straightening up his back.

“Hey, look. The hand writing could be different, but there is one thing that similar. The rose pattern. I think, if we could figure out about that rose pattern, we could find the stalker,” Jaehyun looked at Jungkook with confident look.

“Yeah, I think so too. The stalker must be wrote it in different font, but, she left this mark. I am sure it is to say she is the sender. But, to make it hard to find her, she write it differently,” Jungkook added.

“And, if you look at it closely, this pattern is not printed. It is hand made. She drew it! There is deboss mark if you see on the back side of the note because of the pressure on the pen. Also, If you put it together, there is inconsistency on the location of the rose. Which means, she really personally draw it herself,” Dokyeom added.

They were spending almost 15 minutes to make any possible theories but they were getting nowhere. Taehyung and Jaehyun were getting hungry because of this case and decided to order something to eat. Jungkook just sat down and think about when he began received the notes and tried to remember when he got each of the notes. Dokyeom played with his phone. He chat Mingyu about the progress with Minghao then browsing in their school’s student forum.

Taehyung and Jaehyun finally back and put all the foods on the table. Taehyung bought a lot. Jungkook collected all the sticky notes from the table because he didn’t want to risk the evidence to get wet nor stained. After put all the foods on the table, Jaehyun quickly grabbed the fork and tried to slice the cake but Taehyung’s suddenly slap his hand.

“Don’t touch it, I need to take picture of it first,” Taehyung was setting his camera phone then began to take picture. Taehyung was known as the food blogger and he has a lot of followers. That’s why he also took picture of any food that he eats.

“AH!” Taehyung suddenly shouted that make Jaehyun who already put a slice of Earl Grey cake into his mouth got shocked. He was afraid Taehyung gonna scold him because Taehyung hasn’t finished took the picture.

“Hey! We could find the picture through the SNS! These days people are using SNS, right? If we are lucky, we could find the girls!!” Dokyeom, Jungkook and Jaehyun were surprised with Taehyung’s brilliant idea.

“Yeah, we can search it with keywords and hashtags. But, it’s not an easy work, since we should keep on scrolling,” Jaehyun was sighed. He relieved because Taehyung not mad at him. But he also sighed because scrolling down the SNS really need extra energy.

“Never mind! I will do it! Somehow it is getting more interesting!” Dokyeom took his phone and began to search for the picture.

They all were busy looking through their phone until they didn’t realize Mingyu was back. Jungkook was the one who notice Mingyu’s arrival then he asked about the progress. Mingyu’s face showed he didn’t bring good news. He inserted the usb into Dokyeom’s laptop and showed them the picture he successfully got from Minghao. There weren’t good pictures that showing the girls face. He said that because the media club team only focused on the player and the match than the supporters. Besides, the girls were sitting far behind so it is hard to get the high quality picture of them.

 “I FOUND IT!!!” once again, Taehyung was shouting that made his friends surprised. Taehyung took a screenshot of the picture and showed it to them. They each took turn to saw it. They compared the picture from the Media Club and the screenshot. It seems like they got a right person. But, unfortunately, the other girl’s face was not captured on the picture. She wore cap so it was hidden. Only the one beside her who bring a big lens camera was shown. Those two girls were captured in their schoolmate selca.

After observing for quite a while, Jungkook finally recognized the women who bring the big lens camera. She looked like Namjoon’s Mom. Dokyeom also said that he remembered that Namjoon’s Mom wore a bright red jacket like the women on the picture. But, they weren’t sure about the other one. They need to confirm it with Namjoon whether he knew about that girl or not. But, they suddenly face a problem. How could they ask Namjoon without become suspicious?

“If it about girl, then, leave it to me. I will ask him,” Dokyeom volunteered. Mingyu, Jaehyun, Taehyung and Jungkook were showing worried expression but Dokyeom look so confident. They didn’t want to trust him but they also didn’t want to ruin his mood.

They all were waiting patiently while snacking. They didn’t realize that they already sat on the café for almost three hours. After 10 minutes waiting for Dokyeom’s news, finally they got an answer. Dokyeom said that he pretend to get interested on the girl who watched their match with Namjoon’s Mom. He asked Namjoon to introduce that girl to him. But, Namjoon said she didn’t know about that girl. He said it must be his Mom’s friend. Dokyeom got scared. What if that girl was around Namjoon’s Mom age and Namjoon asked his Mom about that girl.

The rest of them were laughing at Dokyeom. But they appreciate that little information. That’s means that girl wasn’t suspicious, or should they say less suspicious. Although Namjoon didn’t know about the girl, but he was sure that his Mom knew her.

“So, what will you do now?” asked Mingyu.

“Yeah, we found out that the girl most likely Namjoon’s Mom friend. And if this girl was the same girl as Jaehyun’s bumped into, then she really is Namjoon’s fans not yours. The first suspect was clear. Now, what we have left is, the rose girl. The one who left the sticky notes on Jungkook’s locker,” Taehyung made a conclusion.

“Hey, why did you insisting the one who left the sticky notes is a girl? It could be boys to, right? You have a lot of fanboy. You maybe not aware about it but you are really popular in school. They love to gossip too. Gossip might be identic for girls but, don’t be fake, boys also loves to gossip. And also, they might left it there to encourage you. When I read the messages, there wasn’t any sign of stalker,” Mingyu tried to give another theory.

“Yeah, there is also that possibility. But, if it is me, I’d rather have a girl as my stalker than a boy. Euh, thinking about it make me shiver,” Taehyung was shivering because of that possibility.

“It might be looks ordinary for you. But, I received it in the right time. It seems like that person watch me from afar. She seems to know my activity and what happened in my life. It makes me uncomfortable!” Jungkook begin to get emotional.

They all were silenced as they could felt Jungkook’s frustration. Yeah it might feel uncomfortable if you know someone was watching your movement every day. Suddenly, Dokyeom broke the silenced. He carefully told them another fact that they might not know. He was hesitating at first to tell about it, because he wasn’t sure whether it was related to the stalker things or not. But, he decided to speak about it after hearing Mingyu’s theory about the possibility the stalker is a boy.

Dokyeom said he found a blog which contain great pictures of their soccer team members. He said he just randomly searching for his name then he found it. But, the blog is only accessible for their school’s students. They must login using their student ID account. So that he concluded the owner must be someone from their school. Without further explanation, they were log on to that blog. They were fascinated by the blog’s contain. There were a lot of high quality pictures of them. Not only the pictures of them in the match, but also when they wear outside the fields.

They all were lost at first. They were busy looking for their own picture and silently saved it on their phone whenever they found a great picture of themselves. Except for Jungkook. Jungkook felt really angry and frustrate. Although he can’t deny that he looks very good on those pictures. But, the fact that there were pictures of them in their daily life made him even more uncomfortable. It also boost his spirit to found the stalker immediately.

“I think, it’s getting more serious. Should we report it to the police?” Jaehyun gave suggestion.

“I don’t think so. It will embarrass ourselves if it’s turn out to it is not stalking case. Moreover, if this case blown up, it will cause more harm,” Taehyung against Jaehyun idea.

“But, with our state right now, can we solve this case and found the culprit?” Dokyeom got worry.

Everyone was staring at Jungkook. They were waiting for Jungkook’s decision. Jungkook just sitting still and didn’t give any respond. He must be thinking really hard right now.

“I think, you shouldn’t overthink about it. Just think that notes were sent by underclassmen who want to encourage you. About the pictures, just think that you are very handsome and cool so that the photographer couldn’t help to capture it. Besides, we are all in that blog. Well, just think that you are become a local celebrity,” Mingyu give a reasonable reason to ease Jungkook’s heart.

“Yeah, Mingyu was right. Besides, it is happened a lot in our society. You know in other school, they used to upload handsome boy or pretty girl pictures into a website. They collecting ullzzang pictures and information. Let’s consider we are lucky because the blog was limited only for our school consumption. Don’t you guys agree?” Taehyung agreed with Mingyu.

“Yeah, I think you are right. We should stop it now. I am sorry if getting carried away. Because I was the one who get those notes, I am sorry. From now, let’s retreat to found that girl,” Jungkook finally gave up. Although he said he will retreat, but actually he still feel curious.

They were smiled and support Jungkook decision. After finished all the foods they bought, they said goodbye to each other. Taehyung and Dokyeom had a plan to watch movie together. Jaehyun, Mingyu and Jungkook were decided to go home. They were walking towards the bus station.

While they were walking, Mingyu suddenly asked a question to Jungkook. He was curious why Jungkook seems like he was insisting that the stalker was a girl. Does he hide an important clue from them. Jungkook said because it was weird to think if the stalker was a boy. It was scarier. But then, Jungkook admited that, the only suspect he could think is the girl who confess to him when they finished the midterm test. But Jungkook didn’t say the reason why. He said that, he just get the hunch. He asked Mingyu whether Mingyu knew that girl, but Mingyu said he didn’t know. When Mingyu talked to her, she kept her head down and because he was too tall it’s hard to see that girl face. Her nametag was also hiding behind her hair so he didn’t read her name.

Jungkook’s bus was come first. He left his two friends who were still waiting for their bus to come.

“You know something, don’t you?” Jaehyun asked Mingyu as soon as Jungkook left.

“Something? What something?” Mingyu was showing a suspicious smile.

“I know you very well. You can remember someone face and name easily. Especially, if it is a girl. To say you don’t know about her, it is very strange for me,”Jaehyun began to fact attacking Mingyu.

“Hmm? Is it seems that way? Then, how about you? You know something, don’t you?” Mingyu asked Jaehyun the same question.

“What do you mean?” Jaehyun put his guard up.

“Nothing. Just forget it,” Mingyu once again give a hanging answer. Jaehyun couldn’t help but to suspect Mingyu because of his smile and his answer.

“Are you plotting something? What are you trying to do?” Jaehyun getting bold to asked Mingyu a direct question.

“Hey, don’t you watch the street musicianw performance near the Han River with Jungkook, today? Isn’t the vocalist voice was great? I hope I can bump into her somewhere and asked her number,” rather than answering Jaehyun’s question, Mingyu was asking the completely different question while keep that suspicious smile while talking with Jaehyun.

 Mingyu question seems like it pierce right into Jaehyun’s heart. Jaehyun didn’t dare to ask further question. He knew he already lose to Mingyu. He knew they both knew something, but didn’t tell about that something for unexplainable reason. And without words, they know, they weren’t supposed to talk about it again.

“So, you know something, don’t you?” Mingyu repeat Jaehyun question again.

“Me? What something? I know nothing,” Jaehyun answered.

“Then, me too,” Mingyu smiled again.

***

Jungkook was checking on his school website dashboard to see the result of his Chemistry and Biology remedial tests while he was riding on the bus after meeting with his squad. He was scrolling on the webpage and looking for his name. Luckily, he passed the Biology test but he failed on Chemistry. His Chemistry score was still far below the passing grade score and it was the lowest score in his class. He felt helpless. Next week will become a hell week for him. Studying for his remedial test, practicing for final match, and forget about that stalker. He really hope that he could pass this remedial test because he want solely focus on facing the final match. But, what he can do. The milk already spilled.

All the things that stressed Jungkook out made him suddenly don’t want to go home. He dropped off from the bus and walking towards the Han River. He need to relieved his stress. He should drain his energy so he could ease his mind. Usually, he will jogging but, since he didn’t wear a comfortable clothes and the weather is really nice, he decided to take a walk. He keep on walking until he arrived at the place where he and Jaehyun watching the band performance. He suddenly felt so thirsty so he decided to buy a drink.

Jungkook entering a coffee shop and straightly went to the counter. He was queuing while looking at the menu, choosing what kind of drink he will buy. He still busy read the menu until his turn came. The employee asked him his order and he finally decided he will go with banana smoothy. He needs something sweet.  After paying and wait for his order, Jungkook saw a wallet which left on the clerk table. He looked around but it seems like nobody realize they lose their wallet.

“Here is your banana smoothy. Thank you for coming,” said the employee while giving Jungkook one large cup of banana smoothy.

“Thank you. Ah, anyway, I think someone forget to bring their wallet,” Jungkook told the employee about the wallet. Just in case that person came back to looking for it.

“Ah, it must be the young lady before. She must not go too far,” the employee seems to remember the owner. She was about to walked outside to chase the wallet owner but then her partner called him for help. Realizing the employee must be busy so Jungkook volunteered to give the wallet back. He remembered vaguely the girl who queuing in front of him was wearing a short jeans pants, white T-Shirt and has a long black hair.

Jungkook run out from the café and tried to looking for the girl. Unfortunately, today is Sunday. There are too many people on the street. Not to mention there are a lot of girls who wearing white T-Shirt and short pants. Jungkook opened the wallet and saw a picture of the owner. The polaroid picture show a girl with a boy with “Chaeyoungie and Jiminie at Grandma House” on its caption.

“CHAEYOUNG-A!!!” Jungkook shouted out the name he read on the picture. He thought if he shouted her name then the girl who turned her head looking for the one who called them must be the owner. But, once he shouted, there are several people who looked at him. It kinda make him embarrassed.

Not far from where he was standing, he saw a girl who looked like she was looking for someone. Jungkook kept his eyes on her. It seems like the girl that he was looking for because she wore the same clothes that he remembered. Jungkook walked closer and his eyes still locked on her. Finally, the girl saw him and their eyes met. The girl keep looking at him for a few second and she seems surprised when she saw him. But then, she quickly turned her face and walked faster. Jungkook didn’t want to lose her in the middle of the crowd so he called her again. But, she didn’t look back. Jungkook didn’t have any choice but to accelerate his steps to chase her.

“Excuse me!” Jungkook grabbed the girl’s arm. The girl seems so startled because she took a few steps away from him. Jungkook let her arm go then quickly explain that he only want to return the wallet.

“Ah, thank you for return it!” the girl thanked him. She reached her hand to take the wallet, but she was confused because her hands were full. She held two coffee cups. Jungkook also felt so awkward because he didn’t know what to do to help that girl. The girl looked so panicked and it made her looked so clumsy.

“Need a hand?” he offered her a help since it was difficult for her to put her wallet on her bag.

“Nnno, thanks,” she rejected his offer. Jungkook didn’t sure but he somehow saw the girl’s face getting redder. In the end, she decided to put the coffee cup on the road then put her wallet on her bag. She thanked Jungkook again then quickly walked away. Jungkook watched that girl walked until she disappeared from the crowd.

Wait, why she is seems so familiar? Have I met her before? Not only her face, but also her gestures. Am I having a déjà vu? This situation somehow very familiar. It seems like it happened before. For a slight moment, Jungkook wanted to ask whether they have met before, but, he held it. He thought it will be impolite since they just met. He also will look like he is trying to flirting.

The sky is getting darker. Jungkook realized he should be home before dinner time. So, instead of walking towards his home, he took a bus to save the time.

***

The extra class in summer holiday began again. Unlike before, the amount of the class opened was decreasing. Almost half of the student who needs to repeats the exam passing the first remedial exam so they could enjoy their holiday. This week, Jungkook only has one Chemistry class which he needs to attend in Sunday and Wednesday. Compared to his Chemistry score, Jungkook was worried about the final match more. All his team members were practicing like a horse right now. Meanwhile he was sitting behind the desk and tried to understand the calculation of capital and lowercase alphabets with a number attach on the upper or bottom side.

“So, unlike previous week, I change the system of this week. Every time we finished the class, I will give a test. Whoever passing the test, won’t be need to do the exam on Friday. That way, you could enjoy your remaining summer holiday. In conclusion, we will have 2 periods class. the 1st period is learning in the class, and next period is exam. That is for today. I will meet you again after lunch,” Teacher Lee ended her class. Before she went out, he told Jungkook to follow her to the teacher room.

Jungkook didn’t have a good feeling about it. He walked slowly behind her. Once they arrived, Teacher Song told him to sit down. He did as he told.

“You don’t have any extra class beside Chemistry right?” she asked.

Jungkook was nodding.

“That’s great. So, unlike other students, you should attend all the chemistry class on this week. Don’t complaining. Your score is really… It is far below the passing grade. I don’t think twice a week is enough for you. I asked your homeroom teacher and he agreed,” Teacher Lee told Jungkook right to the point without having any introduction.

Jungkook who was heard that news seems like he just struck by the lightning. Although he never get strucked. It was so shocking. If he should attend the class throughout this week, HE WONT HAVE ENOUGH TIME TO PRACTICE!!! The final match was right in the corner. He shouldn’t waste his time to studying something that he didn’t even want to understand.

“I know my score was bad. But, could you consider it again? Ma’am my final match was in Saturday. If I should attend all the class, when will I practice? Ma’am you also know how important this match for me!” Jungkook complained and try to make Teacher Lee reconsider her decision.

“Jungkook, do you want to be a soccer player once you graduate high school?” she asked. Jungkook didn’t answer. He might hear many people asked the same question over and over, but until now, he never certain about the answer.

“You need time to answer. That’s means you still hesitating. I know you love soccer. But, academic is also important. I don’t want to ruin your future. I did this for your sake. I don’t want to force you and make you think school is a prison. I also want my student to be happy and enjoy their school life. But, the world outside the school is cruel. I don’t want you to suffer once you graduate,” although her reason sounds so cliché, but, deep in Jungkook’s heart, he knew, she said it sincerely. Jungkook didn’t say anything. He knew it useless if he try to persuade her to change her decision.

“Just let him practice. Twice a week is enough for him. Isn’t that right Jeon?” Teacher Kim, his Math Teacher suddenly appeared beside him. He put a cup of coffee on Teacher Song’s table and dragged a chair and sat beside Jungkook.

“You perhaps haven’t heard about this student, so let me tell you. You know, this student always scored 50 and below in the exam or quiz. The highest score he could reach is 70. But, week ago, he challenge me and he scored 98 on the essay test. So, let him practice. Just make him attend the class he only supposed to. Twice a week. I am sure, he could at least pass the passing grade on Friday. Right, Jungkook?” Teacher Kim, looked straight into Jungkook’s eyes.

Jungkook never ever expect this to come. Teacher Kim out of the blue defends him in front of Teacher Lee. He didn’t know the real motive behind his help. But, this is the only chance for him to escape the Chemistry class which like a hell to him.

“Yes, of course!” without longer thought, he agreed with Teacher Kim.

Teacher Lee looked at the two men in front of her. She was surprised by the fact Teacher Kim defends Jungkook and guaranteed he will pass the exam. Jungkook is one of the students that he put into “need extra care” list. But now, he persuade her to let Jungkook free from extra class. She was thinking for a while then finally made her decision.

“Alright. Since Teacher Kim really put his trust on you. You won’t have to attend class every day. But, if you failed on Friday, you won’t escape the extra lesson next semester. Got it?” she declare her final decision. Jungkook smiled brightly and thanked her. She smiled then told Jungkook to go to have lunch. She also cheers for his upcoming final match.

Jungkook closed the Teacher Room then walking towards the canteen while humming. He was walking in the hallway and passing through the Student Council Room. He walked back and looked inside the room. He saw Yugyeom and entered. There were several boys sitting and reading the school’s guide book. Yugyeom told Jungkook that the boys are the new transfer student. He was the council’s member who was in charge of told them the school’s rules.

“Jungkook sunbae?” one of the transfer students called Jungkook.

Jungkook looked at him. He looked so familiar. Jungkook was sure he saw that boy several times but he didn’t remember the boy’s name. It is Jungkook’s disease. He has a trouble remember people’s face and name. Unlike Mingyu who was capable to remember people since the first meet. Jungkook barely remember someone. Especially if he only met them once or only exchange some words. That’s why he sometimes feels bad for people who know him but he doesn’t.

 Jungkook smiled and walked closer to the boy. He didn’t want to get caught he forgot the boy’s name so he intentionally got closer to found the name. He was looking to the boy’s uniform to find the nametag, but unfortunately, he didn’t wear it.

“Sunbae, thank you so much for the last time. If it weren’t for you, I don’t know what will happen to me and Jaehyun-sunbae,” the boy thanked Jungkook.

So, he know Jaehyun. Last time, ah! He must be Jaehyun’s underclassman who got bullied! He remember the incident, but he still couldn’t remember his name. If he can’t find it on the nametag, then the last chance. The book! He must write his name on the book, right?

“Sunbae, you remember me, right?” the boy afraid that Jungkook might forget him because he didn’t respond.

“Of course I remember. You are, Haechan, right? You went to the same middle school as Jaehyun. You don’t have to thanks me. You should thank Jaehyun instead,” fortunately the boy wrote his name on his book. Jungkook was saved. While looking into the boy’s name, Jungkook’s eyes captured something interesting. That boy use the sticky notes with the same pattern with the one on his locker!!

“This sticky notes looked so pretty. Where did you buy it?” Jungkook asked.

“Ah, this! I am not buy it. A noona gave me while I am studying on the café,” Haechan answered without being suspicious.

“Which café?” he asked again.

“It is a café in this neighborhood. It’s called Mr. Coffee. But, I think they didn’t give it for the costumer. It was that noona’s personal thing. If you like it, I can give it to you,” Haechan added. He felt bad at Jungkook because Jungkook seems to like the sticky notes.

“Ah, no thanks. I am just curious. The design is so… pretty. Anyway, welcome to our school. If you have a question, or someone bothering you, you can tell the senior over there. I am sure he will help you,” Jungkook said goodbye to Haechan and Yugyeom then left and walked toward the canteen to have lunch.

The canteen didn’t sell much food since the student is not as much as usual. Jungkook order a bulgogi rice and milk for his lunch. There were some students who eat their lunch together. But, today, he doesn’t feel like to join and ate with them. He was looking for an empty seat in the corner and sat there.

“If it’s Mr. Coffee, then, it was the café that Mingyu frequently come. She said in the letter that she used to watch through the window. There was high possibility that she works there. Haechan said it was her personal belonging. So, first, I should investigate that café. Ah, but how could I? I am not the type to interviewed people without getting suspicious. Mingyu is the best in this field. I wish he was here,” Jungkook was thinking hard while staring at his food.

“HEY!” Mingyu made Jungkook startled. Mingyu took a seat in front of Jungkook and began to eat his lunch.

“Speaking of the devil, you are really come,” Jungkook very surprised because it seems like God fulfilled his wish.

“Why? Are you thinking about me? Owh, so gross,” Mingyu giggled.

Jungkook was thinking hard. He was in dilemma whether he should Mingyu for help or not. But, then he decided to tell Mingyu. He didn’t want to get more curious. It’s not good for his mental health. Finally, he decided to ask Mingyu for help. He ask Mingyu to found out about the high school girl who worked as part timer in the café and love to draw rose in her belonging such as in the book or sticky notes.

“I think you said you will stop looking for the stalker. But, because you seems to get close to the culprit, I will help you. Digging information from the part timer in that café is easy. But, I won’t do it. I am curious. What is the reason that making you really believes she is the stalker? I really don’t get it if it’s only based on your hunch. I want a definite answer. I know you hiding something,” Mingyu refuse to help Jungkook.

Jungkook knew Mingyu will ask about this matter. He finally answer Mingyu question honestly. He told about the note book and the letter. Those two things were the reason he was very sure about the culprit.

“Hahaha… So, you hide it from us because of your pride? The reason you keep it hiding because you want to maintain your motto by not receive any gifts from your fans. Well, it’s understandable though. You are indeed a real man who keep his promise… and pride,” Mingyu laughing out loud and it almost made him chocked. He drank water to made his coughing stop.

“I am sorry. It was so funny for me. But, I appreciate it you want to tell me this. I am promise I won’t tell others. I will go that café and I will inform you right away after I get the information,” MIngyu promised Jungkook. Both of them then finished their lunch silently.

“Thanks for helping me. I know you are the one who I can trust,” said Jungkook while they were walking towards class.

Mingyu only smiled at Jungkook. Don’t trust me that much, friend. I am not really trustworthy. I am sorry. He responded by saying it in his heart. After they arrived at class, Mingyu said goodbye and going back to club room. They don’t have official practice schedule, but Mingyu needs to take care some trivial stuff for final match.

The Chemistry exam was ended. Jungkook 100% certain he won’t pass the passing grade. He only has two chances left to escape this Chemistry hell.  He packed his belonging then walked out from classroom with no energy. Yugyeom saw Jungkook who was walking soullessly like a zombie. He tried to cheer his Captain by asked him to hanging out. Jungkook who got really stressed agreed. This afternoon, they spend their time together in arcade, eat some street foods, karaoke and end up window shopping.

While Jungkook busy choosing the black hoodie, Mingyu called him. Mingyu told him that the café didn’t hire a minor. It was their Boss’ rule. And also, according to the employee who works there, they never saw the sticky notes with the rose pattern. Mingyu said he was sorry, he couldn’t find useful information. But, Jungkook comfort him by saying it is more than just enough. That information was useful too. Because it showed the fact that she might be not the employee.

 “Yugyeom!” Yugyeom panned his head looking for a girl who called him.

A girl with big round eyes and cute smile walked towards him.

“What are you doing here?” Yugyeom welcomed her warmly.

“Window shopping, of course,” a girl who was Yugyeom’s cousin smiled. Her eyes were wandering around looking for suspicious girl that might be Yugyeom’s girlfriend. She knows Yugyeom won’t come alone for shopping. She finally caught her prey. Not a girl, but handsome boy who wore the same uniform as Yugyeom in hoodie section. She observed that boy and recognized he was Jungkook. Once she recognize him, she was surprised until made her closed with her hand. She was pulled Yugyeom’s sleeve then whispered.

“Hey, Yugyeom. Are you come with him? He is Jungkook, right? Hey, introduce him to me please…,” she whispered and begged Yugyeom.

“No way. I tell you. I won’t introduce anyone from my team to you,” Yugyeom strongly refuse. He didn’t want his cousin to date any of his friends. Besides, they weren’t allowed to date.

“Fine, if you won’t. I will do it by myself,” she pouted then walked closer to Jungkook.

“The one in your right hand is better,” she helped Jungkook choose.

Jungkook was surprised. He was looking at Yugyeom confusedly. Yugyeom didn’t have a choice but introduce his cousin to Jungkook. He only said the she is his cousin. After paid their clothes, she forced Yugyeom to treat them dinner. There was a restaurant that she’d like to go. But, actually she just wanted to spend more time with Jungkook. Jungkook agreed because there was no one in his home right now. His father will back to the site tomorrow so he went on date with his mom.

The three went to the restaurant that Yugyeom’s cousin mentioned before. At first, Jungkook felt a little bit uncomfortable because he rarely hanging out with girl. Fortunately, Yugyeom’s cousin was bright girl that can make the atmosphere not so awkward. When they finished their meal, Yugyeom’s cousin said her friend will come over. They planned to do their summer holiday group homework. Jungkook and Yugyeom then planned to leave once her friend was come. They don’t want to disturb their study.

“Oh Eunha! Over here!” she was waving her hand so that her friend could see her.

Her friend come and sat down beside her. She introduced her friend to Jungkook and Yugyeom and told her that they will head first because they have another schedule. After said goodbye, the two boys went to the cashier to pay their meal.

“I will pay for my meal,” Jungkook took out the money from his wallet.

“I am not planning to treat you though since beginning. Besides, you are rich enough to pay your own meal. You can afford to buy that hoodie though,” Yugyeom teased Jungkook although he already gave out his money to the clerk.

“Hey, where did your expensive hoodie go?” Yugyeom looking at Jungkook’s hand and he didn’t hold any shopping bag.

“Ah, thanks God you remind me. I thought I left it under the table. I will be back,” Jungkook was panicked after he realized he didn’t bring his brand new hoodie. He went back to the table to search for it. He hopes he left it there, not in the shop.

Yugyeom cousin asked Jungkook whether he left something when she saw Jungkook was back. He said he left his hoodie. She was laughing and told him it is better for him to put it on his bag or wore it so he wouldn’t forget it again. It such a waste if he lost it. It is new and expensive. Jungkook took her idea. He opened his bag then tried to put it on the bag. But it won’t fit in. She laugh again, but then she quickly excuse herself to the toilet. She said she really needs to pee because she laughing so much.

Since it won’t fit into his bag, Jungkook need to organize his bag so it will fit. He sat down and began to organize it by took out some of his belongings from his bag and put it into the table. He suddenly realized that Yugyeom’s cousin’s friend was there. He asked her permission to use the table for a moment and apologize if he disturbed her study. She smiled and said it was okay.

“That book, is that yours?” Eunha asked Jungkook who was busy organize his bag. She was curious about the black covered book with rose pattern that Jungkook took out from his bag and put it on the table.

Jungkook was looking to all the books that he put on the table and realized that the book that she means is the black covered one. He knew it because her eyes were looking towards that book. Jungkook quickly grab it then put it into his bag. He knew that girl might know the real owner. And to avoid the misunderstanding, he needs to get rid of it from her sight.

“Ah yes. It is mine,” Jungkook answered lightly. But, for a second, an idea suddenly popped out on his brain. This girl might give him the clue about the real owner!

 “But, I am sure it was Chaeyoung’s rose,” she mumbled some words with lower voice. Jungkook couldn’t hear it clearly but he was sure he just heard “Chaeyoung’s rose”.

“Sorry? What did you just say?” Jungkook asked her to repeat what she just said.

“Ah, no, no. I am just curious where did you buy it. My friend also have the similar book like yours,” she seems panicked.

“Really? Ah I wish I could meet her. We must have similar preference,” Jungkook lied to her.

After he successfully put the hoodie in his bag, he was excuse himself then left the restaurant. Yugyeom was waiting for him on the outside. Yugyeom said Jungkook didn’t have to pay for the meal. It was his treat. The treat for lead his team well during last match. Without Jungkook’s motivation, maybe they will lose hope and gave up.

“Hey, Yugyeom. I suddenly remember. What is your cousin’s name? You never called her by her name. You only used “Hey, hey” when you called her,” Jungkook asked once they arrived on the bus station.

“Really? Wow I don’t know I never call her by her name. But, why did you ask? Are you interested on her? Remember we have a rule which said dating is prohibited,” Yugyeom become sensitive. He might be looked cold towards his cousin, but he was strict when it comes to a guy around her.

“No, no. I don’t have interest on her. I also know about that rules. I just suddenly thinking about it and curious. How can I never call her by her name too,” Jungkook was laughing at this funny fact.

“Chaeyoung. Her name is Son Chaeyoung,” Yugyeom answered.

Wait, what? Chaeyoung? Doesn’t her friend said she was sure it was Chaeyoung’s rose? Then, that girl might be the one who gave me the book. If she has a feeling for me, no wonder she was very friendly. But, why did she act like it was her first time she meet me? Maybe, because I acted like I didn’t know her? But, why, I felt that I never met her before?

“Oh, that my bus. I am going first,” Jungkook said goodbye to Yugyeom. Once he sat down, he took out his phone and quickly search Kim Mingyu. After he found it, he touched the dialing button.

“Oh, Mingyu, is me. Can you help me with one more thing? Can you find out about the girl named Son Chaeyoung? She is in 2nd grade in XX girls high school. I just find something suspicious about her, but I am not sure. I need you to confirm, whether she was the owner of the book. I am sorry for making you do this thing. But, I really counting on you,” Jungkook called Mingyu and asked him for help.

“Nevermind. Anyway, may I ask you something? If you finally find that girl, what will you do to her?” Mingyu asked from the other side.

“I… I am not sure. I think, I will decide it once I meet her,” Jungkook wasn’t sure either. He hasn’t thing what he will do once he found her. But, he was sure, he most likely to get very mad.