Rhyme 6.1

I Want You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mingyu was pushing his trolley in a supermarket in the vegetable section. He was walking around for about 10 minutes only to pick fresh vegetables. His trolley was filled with meat earlier, and what he needed to pick now was the vegetables.

“Mingyu-goon, have you picked the vegetables?”

Mingyu turned around to face his future mom-in-law, her mother. He smiled to himself thinking that he would marry his girlfriend in the future. That would be the happiest moment in his life.

“Mingyu-goon?” her mom called him again as he was too drown into his own fantasy.

“O-oh, I haven’t, Eommoni.” Mingyu was shy to be caught daydreaming. Her mom just smiled at him as she put down some soy sauce bottles into the trolley.

“What to do, you’re busy helping me here. You really don’t need to do that.” her mom said. “You just finished working, right? You should rest.”

Mingyu chuckled. “It’s nothing, Eommoni.” He didn’t feel tired at all after working at the café replacing Hansol for today. His shift ended at 3PM and he just went to her house immediately. He had been discussing it with her family that he wanted to make a little surprise for her. He told them he wanted to make a special family dinner, even though he and his girlfriend would celebrate their 200th day. Because he knew her family meant everything for her. He didn’t mind she put him after her family because he knew he would be a part of her family, too, somewhere in the future.

But the hardest of the plan was to ask her brother participation.

Mingyu barely saw him and he knew her brother was a doctor who lived in Daegu. A doctor must be very busy, right? That was what Mingyu thought.

“Hyung, this is Mingyu,” Mingyu said when her brother picked up the call. The call was made yesterday.

“What’s up, Mingyu?” her brother, Jisoo, asked after some seconds of silence. Mingyu could hear the background noise before was sounds of some people calling Doctor Hong. Jisoo must have just checked on some patients.

“Uh, I have a favor to ask,” Mingyu said,” it’s too sudden, I know, but,” he held his breathe,” can you go home on Saturday?”

“Going home?” Jisoo sounded confused. “Is something bad happen to my little sister?” he sounded panicked seconds after.

“It’s not it, Hyung.” Mingyu tried to clarify. He then told Jisoo his plan for his 200th celebration with her. Jisoo sighed in relief and replied he could come home but he needed to check his schedules. Mingyu didn’t hope too much for this but he knew she would be very happy if she could see her brother home.

“Mingyu-goon, I’ll go getting some fruits over there. Just wait here.” Her mom’s voice pulled Mingyu back to reality.

“Yes, Eommoni.” He replied.

Mingyu’s eyes started roaming around the department store after he looked the direction where her mom was going. Nothing was weird, nothing was suspicious. No one even looked at him. He felt relieved as he always thought of that mysterious person capturing him. Being a paranoid he was, he couldn’t stop looking around in every chance. Well, he experienced nothing weird today ever since he went out his house for doing the part-time job. And right now he felt calm too, since nobody suspicious was around him. Speaking about suspicious…

His eyes landed on a girl with black sweatpants, big jacket and a cap. She was wearing a mask and big sunglasses. She was busy picking some instant rice box and instant noodles. After picking all she needed, she had landed her eyes at Mingyu. Mingyu sighed. He of course could recognize Yoo Jia even though she looked weird like that. It was not so her and to wear those kind of clothes that really took people attention, especially those sunglasses and the mask.

“Wow, Mingyu! So glad to meet you here.” Jia squalled.

“What’s with that look?” Mingyu commented.

“Ah.” She giggled. “I try to disguise myself.”

He wrinkled his forehead. “Why?”

Never had he seen Jia looked restless like this. She looked around before replied. “I’m hiding from stalkers.”

“Stalkers?” he blinked his eyes many times.

“Yes, Mingyu, I never told you about this beside that I like you and want us back together.” She blabbered.

Mingyu was still surprised about the fact that Jia had stalkers. He knew Jia was a famous model, but having stalkers was a different story. She was right she never told that one thing to Mingyu. Did Jia also have those stalkers capturing her in secret?

“Did they… also capture you secretly?” Mingyu asked.

Jia nodded firmly. “Of course.” She answered. “That’s the most important thing for them for following me around.”

“What will they do with the photos..?” Mingyu carefully asked.

Jia hissed. “I don’t know. I mean, they can do anything to the photos.” She stared at Mingyu. “I used to see so called fan-site masters capturing their favorite pop stars, but I’m not a pop star, even, yeah, I have appeared in some music videos of pop stars.”

He was in dee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter