Rhyme 5.2.1 (Main Character)

I Want You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Someone requests a song from singer-song writer Joo-Young, This is a Break-Up. This song really has good melody and it’s really nice to fill your day with soothing voice of Joo-Young. Enjoy, everyone, it’s Joo-Young – This is a Break-Up!”

She the radio while doing her assignment and was surprised to have the song was played. She hasn’t listened to the song again recently but the song was still gold. It was perfect to listen to while doing assignment like this. She hummed to the lyrics that lingering in her memory.

Don’t be afraid, even if I’m still not sure

It will be okay

With these memories

We will one day think of each other without these broken hearts

Do you understand? This is break up

She was too immersed to her assignment and also the song as she didn’t hear that someone just pressed the house’s bell. But some minutes later, she started to hear some loud familiar voices downstairs.

“Eomoni, it’s been a while~~~!”

“Aigoo, how have you been? You haven’t visited recently, Soon-youngie.”

She blinked and stopped writing. Kwon Soon-young is here? What a surprise. Hey, why doesn’t he call me first? Deciding to hear what her friend said to her mom, she slowly slowed the volume of the radio, eavesdropping.

“I was very busy with college, eomoni, that’s why.” She heard her friend giggling.

“I heard you making some films recently.” Her mom said. Of course she told her mom about Soon-young. She always told her mom about her friends, including her friends in photography club. And also Mingyu. Ah, that was for sure, right?

“That’s right, eomoni, that’s why I can’t visit you and abeonim often.”

“That’s nothing, we understand. Young people are busy chasing their dreams.” Her mom joked around. Soon-young giggled.

“It must be very lonely here, since hyung moved.” Soon-young said again. He referred to her brother.

Her mom chuckled. “There will be time when the kids leave home for work even for marriage.”

“If your daughter gets married, it will be super lonely.” Soon-young said. “Do you know your future son-in-law?” what the heck Kwon Soon-young, why do you talk about that to my mom? She grumbled.

“Do you mean her boyfriend?” her mom corrected Soon-young. “Mingyu is a good boy.”

“Wow, Mingyu already gets a permission!” Soon-young squalled to himself. What the hell Soon-young.

“Anyway, what is it you bringing?” it was her mother who asked.

“Oh, this is oranges from my friend, Seungkwan. He brought so many oranges from his hometown.” She just nodded to hear Soon-young’s explanations. He must meet Seungkwan before he came here.

“Thank you. It must be very tiring for you to bring this yourself.”

“Don’t worry, eomoni, I brought this with Jun. Right, Jun?”

Jun?

Moon Junhui was here?

Jun is here?!

She quickly exited her room and ran downstairs, finding her mom and Soon-young talking. They then looked at her in confusion as she just looked around, looking for Jun. She didn’t understand, Soon-young said earlier he was with Jun, but she couldn’t find him.

“W-where’s Jun?” she asked. Soon-young’s smile grew wider and he then showed his phone. The screen showed Jun who was waving at her.

She let out a deep sigh. Soon-young seemed knew that she was bit disappointed. Kwon Soon-young has tricked her. She rolled her eyes at him while he just mouthed, ‘what did I do?’

“Let’s do this. It’s been a while, isn’t it?” Soon-young smiled at her, his eyes were also smiling.

After greeting her mom once again, Soon-young and Jun (on Soon-young phone’s screen) were guided by her to balcony near living room. There were two wooden chairs and some of her dad’s plants there, where it was previously their favorite spot every these friends came to her house. Yeah, there was time when Soon-young dropped one of the plant pots and he was freaking scared of her dad would get mad at him. That one was good to remember, because she couldn’t forget how funny Soon-young’s face was. Sometimes Soon-young was scared to see her dad after that incident, but fortunately her dad was not home right now.

“Kwon Soon-young, I hate you for telling me lies. I thought Jun was really here.” She grumbled. She sat on the floor and so did Soon-young. She had took some of oranges Soon-young brought her mom earlier and she started peeling them.

Soon-young laughed as he tried to lean his phone to the chair. “Of course I did want him to be here, but he couldn’t.” he looked at the phone intently, making sure it didn’t fall. “Explain your plan, Jun.”

“Did you really plan to come back?” she asked Jun. Jun on the screen just giggled at her.

“I’m in early of new semester, my sister, just like both of you, how can I come back?” Jun reasoned. “And Leiden is quite far from Seoul, I’m just saying.” He looked like he was eating something for breakfast meanwhile she and Soon-young just ate oranges in two hours after lunch.

She still grumbled. That meant Jun would not come back here soon. “And you won’t come at the reunion?”

“It’s the same answer as last year’s. Yes.” Jun shrugged. “You already know the answer.”

“Why did you ask Jun about the reunion? You will come this year, huh?” Soon-young .

She ignored Soon-young’s words and said to Jun. “The reunion will be not the same without you.” She knew it would be impossible for him to come back soon, but at least she told him to. She really missed the time when all of them were here and did many things together. Life really took them to this level where they barely met but were still in contact. It was very different from their high school days where they met every day. Time really flied so fast.

“You said that as if you went there every year. You just couldn’t come at previous reunion because of Mingyu, right?” Soon-young shot. She glared at Soon-young.

“Yah, Kwon Soon-young!” this guy was really annoying.

“Be like me, I came every year.” He patted his chest proudly. She didn’t have to give any response for that. She snorted.

“Of course you have to come, Soon-young, you’re one of the organizers.” Jun couldn’t help but let out a chuckle.

 “Yeah, Jun. The kids—you know the kids, right?—will talk about that next week. I was just informed today.” Soon-young told Jun. Jun nodded as he understood who were the kids Soon-young talking about.

“Yah, then you WILL come to this reunion since Mingyu’s now your boyfriend, right?” Jun smirked to the screen. Well, well, well. These two kids really liked to .

Soon-young rolled his eyes at her. “Don’t say you don’t plan to come. Mingyu is one of the organizers. He will be sad if you, his girlfriend, doesn’t even want to come to event he organizes.” He said it in serious tone.

She rolled her eyes back at him. “Yah, it’s not that I don’t want to come. I haven’t said anything but why you said that?” both Soon-young and Junhui laughed. They really liked to like this.

“Don’t be that annoying, Kwon Soon-young.” Jun said, trying to cool down. He couldn’t hold his laughter.

“I just state the truth. What if she decides not to come? Poor Mingyu.” Soon-young evilly added.

“Yah!” she almost threw the orange she was peeling to her friend. “O-of course I will come to this year’s reunion.” She said, which replied by teasing faces of her friends. Yeah, she had no reason not to come to the reunion. Mingyu was her reason not coming last year. She hadn’t talked much about coming to the reunion but Mingyu obviously expected her to come.

“You know, darling, I can’t wait to tell the kids about you.” Mingyu said to her, when they were in a book store. She was looking for a book from her favorite author and he came along with her. The kids he said were referred to their high school friends and yeah, he was talking about the reunion.

“Why is that?” she asked him. He just smiled at her.

“I’m tired, they keep teasing me why I can’t get a date.” He pouted. “And I want those girls to know too, that I’ve already had a girlfriend.” And yeah, he was referring to girls in his fan club.

She just chuckled. “I see, this is the real reason why you date me.” she joked around.

“No, no, it’s not that!” he suddenly looked panicked. “It’s not that, you know what I mean, right?” he said, walking up to her.

She just laughed to see his expression. He looked like a puppy, so cute. “I know, I know.”

He widely smiled and gave a peck on her forehead. She widened her eyes in shock. “Yah, Kim Mingyu! This is a book store!” She yelled in panic, letting out some words almost in no sound. Mingyu just smiled widely at her and went to another section of the store.

“This year highlight of her life will be at the time Mingyu introduces her to the kids.” Soon-young said, bringing her back to reality. Well, maybe Mingyu had told Soon-young about this, too. She sighed. “Are you ready to go public?” he said as if she was secretly dating a pop star. She rolled her eyes at him, again.

“She already made her relationship public as she posted some of Mingyu’s photos on her SNS days ago.” Jun chuckled, getting some more bread on his table. “She never posted any people’s photos, only books and food, like she’s a literary blogger or food blogger, and now Mingyu’s were posted.”

“Ey, that’s not public for me, she didn’t let his face seen.” Soon-young commented. “Only us know that that’s Mingyu. Nobody would expect her to date him, to be h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter