S07

Silence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“So, two Jane Does in 2 days.” Jaebum trailed off as he lifted the cloth cover off the female body. “Similar injuries and the same method of death.”

Johnny nodded. “Yeap. Time of death is probably just 5 hours ago.”

 

Jaebum had just managed to get into bed after a long day when he received a call from the precinct, saying that there had been another body found off the banks of Hangang River.

He had to get up and call Jinyoung to make their way over. The poor guy had just finished his school report and was about to sleep when the call came.

When they arrived, there had been a small crowd gathered. Weird for that time of the morning.

They approached the scene and flashed their passes when they see Johnny already there.

 

“Who called the police?” Jinyoung looked around while yawning. “Were there any witnesses?”

“Nope,” Bambam came by. “One of the patrolling officers on morning duty found the body. He called for backup immediately.”

Jaebum re-covered the cloth and got up to meet his other colleagues.

“Is this some sort of a serial killer?” The young junior officer asked.

JB shook his head, “We can only assume that. We need 3 murders to have this considered as a serial murder.”

“So to confirm it’s a serial… we need another body?” Jinyoung trailed off, throwing a glance over JB’s shoulder at the covered body.

“Sadly,” Jaebum shook his head. “But we will investigate this case like one, although we can label this as a budding serial.”

Johnny came running up towards them while calling Jaebum. The said male turned and the former pulled his notepad out.

“Remember the body yesterday? I found something similar on the both of them.” Johnny revealed. “There is a small burn mark on the back of their necks. Near the hairline.”

JB nodded and his phone rang. It was Taecyeon on the line. He closed his eyes in irritation and glanced at his colleagues before walking off to answer the call.

“What’s up his ?” Johnny huffed.

“Chief’s been talking to him lately, about our previous case.” Jinyoung looked over his shoulder at his friend.

JB was talking on the phone, one hand on his hips and his eyes were narrowed.

“Probably something Chief isn’t happy about,” he shrugged.

 

---

 

“Target’s set in the cafe, corner seat. Go in and look to you 45 degrees.” Yael whispered into the phone.

She was in the cafe, sitting diagonally opposite the table the professor occupied. She glanced at the door, Moonhee stepping in at the same time. They gave each other a slight nod before the former played the nod off as searching for the professor.

The man glanced at the door and waved Moonhee over to his table. She flipped her hair over her shoulder and headed towards him.

“Hey honey,” she cooed, kissing his cheek.

“Honey.” He smiled and motioned for her to sit down. “How are you? I’m sorry for calling you out today, but--”

Moonhee put her finger to his lips and shushed him.

“I understand. Your student was hurt under your care and the school wants you to take responsibility for it right?” She brushed his hair from his face.

He nodded, “I guess you’ve heard about that huh?”

 

Jinyoung was hoping to grab a cup of coffee before heading back to the precinct to get some work done. He entered the one he frequent and spotted Yael at the corner, with her laptop in front of her, while glancing fleetingly to some corner of the room.

He went to order his drink at the counter. He chewed on his bottom lip and turned, going towards Yael.

“Hey!”

His greeting shocked her, causing her to jump and she quickly slammed her laptop shut.

“What the hell?” She exclaimed, clutching her chest.

“What are you doing here? Shouldn’t you be in class?” He asked.

Yael looked over his shoulder at Moonhee, who was secretly gazing her way, wondering what had happened. She blinked twice, sending a signal that she was fine.

Turning her attention back to Jinyoung, she huffed. She gave him a look, “Can you leave me alone? Go do some police work, will you?”

Jinyoung was confused at the sudden change of her attitude. She didn’t act like that around people. He knew that.

But why…

Yael started snapping her fingers to catch his attention. He blinked and looked at her, his eyes focusing on her face.

“If you won’t leave, I will.”

She quickly gathered her stuff, shoving everything into her backpack before storming out of the cafe. He quickly ran after her, wondering what had happened.

 

Moonhee watched as Yael spoke to the police officer, looking extremely upset. She almost got up when Yael left the cafe. The professor felt that something was off with her and hel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter