S11

Silence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaebum was on his laptop, reading through emails with his mobile beside him. He was ready to turn in when his phone rang.

Glancing at the device, he saw two words that made him jump up.

 

Jinyoung

Got him.

 

He grabbed his coat and keys before making a mad dash to his car. He started the engine, racing down to the precinct.

 

“What’s his name?” JB burst into the conference room where Jinyoung had just briefed the team.

“Kwon Ryu.” Jinyoung showed him a picture of the criminal. “Chaebol. Son of property tycoon, Kwon Jiyong.”

“Tell me more about him.”

“He is 24 and he lives alone. Remember the case that got Chief all worked up and the precinct got chaotic? It’s his case. He was kidnapped with his girlfriend but things ended badly.” Jinyoung produced another photo.

“His father was late in handing in the ransom, the kidnappers and killed the girlfriend.”

Jaebum frowned as he stared at the girlfriend in the photo. He reached out and held it.

“Don’t you find her familiar?” He asked.

“No?” Jinyoung peered at the photo from the side. “Why have you seen her before?”

He then reached for the other case files Jinyoung had with him, “All our victims look almost like her. The hair and build.”

Jinyoung nibbled on his lip and nodded.

“For now, this bastard’s all we need,” JB added. “Where does he stay?”

“That’s the thing…” Jinyoung trailed off. “He now lives in the warehouse’s land he was kidnapped. He turned that place into a landed property.”

Whispers filled the room. A look from JB silenced them. He waved his finger at them, “Our main objective is to nab this guy. Let’s go!”

 

***

 

The team found themselves outside the large property, staring at the front gates. They rang the doorbell multiple times but no one seemed to be answering the door.

“What do we do now?” Jinyoung ruffled his hair.

A helper from the house came running to the gates. Jaebum looked up and reached for his holster.

“Who are you? Who are you looking for?” She asked with a slight accent.

“We are the police,” JB relaxed and flashed his pass at her. “We request to enter the premises to arrest Kwon Ryu, he is a murder suspect.”

Bewildered, the helper waved her hand dismissively.

“Young Master is not around! Please leave!”

JB huffed and just as she left, he piped up, “This is a case of arrest. I demand you let us in if not we will be forced to break in.”

He then stood closer, watching the helper hesitate a second before turning around to open the gates.

He turned to his team and motioned for them to follow him in the property.

 

JB headed straight up to the Ryu’s room after the helper pointed it out to him. Knocking on the door a couple of times earned him nothing, so he resorted to kicking it open.

He stepped in, gun well positioned when he realised Rya wasn’t going to be much of a fight.

The male was dressed in a plain tee shirt and jeans. He was kneeling on the ground facing the door, with his hands behind his head.

Jinyoung rushed in and quickly kept his gun while his partner kept his weapon trained on the suspect. He whipped out his handcuffs, cuffing the male and pulling him to his feet.

“Kwon Ryu, you are suspected for the murders of 3 women, attempted assault and murder of one victim. You have the rights to a lawyer.” Jinyoung huffed. “Come on, you’re coming with me.”

The police officers dragged the male back to the precinct and called for the case’s witnesses to identify the man.

 

Moonhee was with Yael and Jihee back in the hospital ward when Yael’s phone rang. She excused herself and left the room to answer the call.

“Moonhee,” Jihee started. “You alright?”

She blinked and turned to the patient, “Huh?”

“You seem down,” she tilted her head. “Are you okay?”

Moonhee was stunned for a second before she smiled and shook her head. “I’m good.”

“I won’t help much but if you want to talk, I’m here.” Jihee smiled, good-naturedly.

Yael came back into the room and noticed the weird atmosphere. Moonhee went to her friend, “Who was that?”

“Jinyoung.” Yael shifted her gaze to Jihee. “He wants me to go to the precinct to identify the guy that hurt you. He’s been caught. Some officer will be coming to you later on.”

Moonhee held Yael’s arm, “I’ll come after the officer comes for Jihee.”

The girl on the bed shook her head, “You should go with Yael. I feel tired, I wanna catch a short nap before the officer comes later.”

The pair of friends nodded, grabbing their stuff to leave.

“Rest well,” Yael glanced over her shoulder.

 

When they stepped out of the hospital ward, Moonhee received a phone call. She answered it absentmindedly.

“Hello?”

“Pancakes, I’m at our usual cafe, see you.”

Moonhee cursed under her breath, turning to Yael and mouthing, “It’s professor.”

Yael hit her forehead before whispering, “You can go to him. I can head over to the police station myself.”

Moonhee shook her head and turned her attention back to the phone call. “I’m sorry, I have classes on right now. I can’t skip. Maybe another day?”

Without waiting for the older man to reply, she hung the call with a kiss.

Facing Yael, she nodded, “Let’s go.”

 

***

 

Ryu was sitting in the interrogation room, with a smug look on his face, not worrying about what was going on at that moment. Jaebum was on the verge of losing his temper.

“Officer, can I leave if you’re not going to ask me anything?” He yawned. “You’re keeping me without cause.”

“Shut up. You are not going anywhere. We have a few questions to ask you.” He slammed the files on the table and braced himself with his arms as he leaned forward.

“Did you kill those girls?”

Ryu scoffed, “What makes you think that?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter