S15

Silence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The precinct wasn’t a stranger to Moonhee.

She remembered every single time she came over to beg the officers to find out the truth about her brother, so much that officers began to get tired of the little girl and had to make her go home.

She was back again, but it wasn’t for that same reason.

 

“Stay here,” Jinyoung led Moonhee down to the chair and cuffed her against the table.

Moonhee smirked, shaking her hand. The handcuffs rattled against the metal legs. She eyed Jinyoung from the corner of her, stunning him.

“Well, you can’t expect me to leave when I’m cuffed up, can you?”

She sounded so relaxed that it stunned Jinyoung. A knock on the door brought him back to reality and Jaebum walked in.

“Noh Moonhee.” He uttered. “Fancy seeing you cuffed up.”

She scoffed and rolled her eyes. She then looked pointed at the officer, “Get on with the business, will you? I’m not here for small talk.”

“Fine,” JB sat down. “Why did you run when you knew we were coming?”

“I decided to skip school and it was at the same time you guys arrived. Don’t you believe in coincidences?” She smiled.

“Stop playing games with me. Be serious here.” JB growled. “You are here on counts of cheat and assault. If you want a lighter sentence, you better tell us everything.”

She huffed, blowing air to her hair.

“What cheat and assault? I don’t understand what you are talking about.”

“We have a sketch of you by one of your victims,” he sang, pulling out the drawing of her from his files. “Quite well done, I must add.”

“Wow,” she nodded along. “He’s done me quite well.”

Jaebum was surprised at how she was acting, it was like she wasn’t afraid of going to prison.

“How did you hack into the police data system? Don’t bother trying to hide, we traced the hack to your apartment and found a computer there with all its memory erased. Care to explain?”

Moonhee shrugged her shoulders.

“I dunno, I just keyed some random numbers into my computer and I ended up in the system. Not bad for an amateur, huh?”

Jaebum was on the verge of losing his temper at how she was acting. It was pissing him off how he knew she knew that she was caught for cheat but she was acting like she didn’t know anything.

He decided to try a different approach.

He got up, Jinyoung’s eyes following him, hands on his laptop. Walking around the table to Moonhee, he stopped behind her.

She felt that he was going to try something on her, so her guard was up.

JB leaned down on her, caging her between his arms while his head hovered above her right shoulder. She tensed, uncomfortable with the close proximity.

“Is this even allowed, officer?” She asked, masking her uneasiness.

He ignored her, turning the brown file to her direction. He opened it, revealing all the pictures of the beaten men.

Moonhee’s lips quirked up into a smirk, seeing those photos. Her actions not escaping Jaebum’s eyes.

“You know, it’s strange how we receive a report from this particular victim, and someone else sent in this anonymous file.”

“So?”

Jaebum returned to his seat. He tapped the table with his fingertips.

“So, you tell me.” He started. “You study victimology, right? Why is there a coincidence of you being identified as the cheat from this victim’s descriptions and his entire character is so similar to the victims in the case file?”

Moonhee bit her bottom lip, trying not to chuckle. JB and Jinyoung shared a look.

“How would I know?” She leaned against the chair. “Isn’t that your job?”

Jaebum decided that was enough. He kicked the table, shocking Moonhee but she quickly composed herself.

“You will be detained for 48 hours starting now. You are entitled to a phone call, you might want to call a lawyer.”

“Whatever. You’re gonna let me go because of the lack of proof anyway.”

JB gave her a smug grin.

“Oh yeah? Let’s wait and see.”

 

JB went to the observation room while Jinyoung took over, trying to pry information out of the girl.

“Bambam, get me all the background info we have on this girl.”

“Yes, sir!”

The junior officer ran out while JB stared at Moonhee, as though lasers were shooting out from his eyes.

 

***

 

Yael slipped into the precinct, armed with her laptop. She made herself comfortable in the waiting lounge that was open to the public.

She quickly keyed her codes and passwords in, getting into the police database like a breeze.

She saw how someone was trying to access Moonhee’s file, where information about her brother and bad pass were all kept.

“I’m sorry, Hee. I can’t let you take this alone.”

 

***

 

Bambam managed to get the basic information from the file before the screen shut down. He grabbed the papers and rushed back to Jaebum.

“Sir!” He handed the papers over.

“Thanks.”

JB flipped through the information, noticing that she had a deceased older brother, Noh Taehyun, and divorced parents.

Jinyoung’s voice came ali

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter