S36

Silence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Yael was arriving at Moonhee’s place when she saw a man standing outside her door, looking indecisive. She walked up and tapped him on the shoulder, before smiling in surprise.

“Oppa,” she greeted. “What are you doing here?”

He returned the smile, “Hey!” He then waved the bag in his hand, “I wanted to surprise Moonhee with patbingsoo the other day but…”

Yael dropped her gaze.

“So, I thought of coming today to re-surprise her. I’m just… not sure if she’s okay to meet me.”

She went up to the door and used her own set of keys to open the door. Moonhee was standing near the shoe racks, preparing to head out when the pair of friends entered.

“Oh? Hyunbin-ah.” Moonhee broke into a grin. “What are you doing here?”

Yael rolled her eyes, “Now that you see Hyunbin oppa, you don’t see me anymore? I’m hurt.”

Moonhee threw her arm around her shoulder, catching her in a headlock.

“Don’t think I don’t know anything about what you and Jinyoung tried to do yesterday.”

Hyunbin chuckled at the sight of the two. He handed the patbingsoo to Moonhee, “Here.”

“What’s this?”

“The patbingsoo I owed you and your brother when we were in high school, I promised then. I’m sorry it took so long.”

Moonhee eyed the bag before smiling up at him.

“Thanks,” she nodded. “I appreciate it, Hyunbin.”

He reached out to tap her head with his knuckles, “What did I tell you about calling me oppa?”

She scratched the back of her neck sheepishly, Yael’s brows rose when she saw how her friend was acting.

Hyunbin held his arm out, Moonhee took it without hesitation. That surprised Yael.

“Woah,” she blinked.

“What?”

“Nothing. Let’s go.” Yael went ahead. “I’ll go get a taxi.”

Hyunbin shook his head, “El, I drove. Let me send you guys.”

Yael slowed down and let the male lead them to his car. Moonhee hopped on the back seat and he got into the driver’s.

 

---

 

Jaebum kept peering out of his office window. Jinyoung was sipping on coffee when he passed by his partner’s desk.

“What are you doing?” He asked, following his line of sight out the window. “What are you looking at?”

“Nothing,” he fumbled to his feet.

Jinyoung rose his right brow, “Really, hyung?”

“Hmm.”

He was about to go get coffee when Jinyoung choked on his drink.

“What the..?”

He put his mug hastily onto JB’s table and ran out of the office. Surprised, the latter ran out after Jinyoung. The both of them arrived at the entrance and Jaebum realised what Jinyoung was shocked about.

“What…”

Hyunbin was holding onto Moonhee but she wasn’t flinching or avoiding his contact. She was actually smiling at the guy. Yael hopped out after Moonhee and her eyes lit up when she saw Jinyoung. His lips were pursed as he watched his girlfriend come towards him.

“Hey,” she smiled.

“Why’s he here?”

Jaebum’s ears perked to hear her answer.

“Oppa came to look for Moonhee and we bumped into each other outside her house. He volunteered to send us to the precinct.”

“Isn’t he a little too touchy with her?” JB piped in, eyes glued onto the pair at the car.

“Moonhee doesn’t seem to mind,” Yael shrugged. “It’s a start. That she is opening up to contact with people.”

“But he’s a guy.”

Yael narrowed her eyes at him, “He’s a close friend of her brother’s. Why are you so worked up?”

“I’m not!” Jaebum huffed. “It’s my job to take care of my consultants. I need to know in case something bad happens.”

“Don’t worry,” she secretly leaned against Jinyoung. “Oppa’s a nice guy. He’s known Taehyun since middle school. He’s like Hee’s bodyguard.”

“Oh really?” JB scoffed. “Bodyguard…”

“Yeah,” Yael chuckled at the memory. “I met her when we were in middle school, it was fun to watch oppa and Taehyun flank her as they sent her to school.”

Jaebum rolled his eyes.

“Noh Moonhee!”

Hyunbin and Moonhee looked up and she approached them after giving the former a hug. He gave JB a meaningful look before getting into his car and driving off.

“Hey,” she reached them, a small smile playing on her lips. “What’s up?”

JB let out a breath before turning his heels and returning to his office. She looked at Jinyoung and Yael, “What’s up his ?”

“Well… It’s something you won’t get used to.”

 

-

 

“How dare he touch her? Pfft. So what if they knew each other since a long time ago?” JB mumbled to himself.

He plopped down on his chair. His landline rang. He swiftly picked it up and the message that was given to him, had him back on hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter