S14

Silence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Jaebum woke up with a pounding headache. He sat up, scanning his surroundings and saw the several crushed up beer cans lying around his table. His phone was ringing off the hook.

He stumbled over his feet to get to his phone. Snatching it from the ground, he answered the call.

“Hello?” He huffed. “Im Jaebum.”

“Hyung! Chief is looking for us right now. Emergency meeting in 30!”

It was Jinyoung.

JB glanced at the wall-clock in his room, noticing the time.

“I’ll be there in 15.”

 

***

 

“Someone hacked into the police database last night and disappeared before we could trace the position of the hacker.”

Taecyeon started once Jaebum arrived in the precinct.

“Our computer forensics are going through the system to trace the IP address.”

Jaebum fought his headache, trying to pay attention to the meeting. Jinyoung nudged his partner, concerned with his well-being.

“I want you guys to follow up on the case after the forensics churn out the report. Meeting’s dismissed.”

 

*

 

Jinyoung threw his arm around Jaebum, “What’s up with you?”

“Had a few drinks last night,” he admitted. “I’m hungry.”

“Let’s go, I’ll buy you lunch.”

The both of them headed towards the doors of the precinct, they had just tapped out of the gates when one of their juniors came rushing to them.

“Seniors!”

The pair turned around, seeing Joonhyung standing behind them.

“What is it?” JB asked. “This better be good.”

“Someone came in, saying that he has a something to report. Something about the serial cheat case.”

Jaebum straightened his back, Jinyoung walked towards Joonhyung. JB recalled the files on his desk and followed after his partner.

“Where is he?”

 

*

 

“This is Hwang Jinhyuk from Dongguk University. He reported that he’s a victim of a cheating case.” Joonhyung pointed to a man sitting in the interrogation room, looking nervous.

“I’ll talk to him,” Jinyoung headed towards the door.

“I need to grab something from my table. I’ll be back.” JB left and ran towards his desk, wanting to bring the file he had received anonymously.

He returned with the brown file, just as Jinyoung started to ask questions.

 

“What is the matter?” Jinyoung’s voice could be heard through the system from the interrogation room to the observation area. “My colleague mentioned to me that you are reporting a cheating case.”

“Yes, sir.” Jinhyuk nodded. “I was being cheated of my money and cars by this girl.”

“Her name?”

“July.”

“That’s it?” Jinyoung rose his eyebrows. “No family name? Nothing else?”

“She’s a student, around 24 years of age?”

“Anything else to add?”

Jinhyuk lowered his head in regret for not knowing anything more than her name and estimated age.

“Okay,” Jinyoung clicked his pen. “I’ll get a sketch artist in. Just describe this girl to him.”

There was a knock on the door, an officer came in with a sketchpad and pencils in his hand. His pass displayed his name - Choi Youngjae.

“Sir,” he greeted Jinyoung.

 

*

 

A couple of minutes later, Youngjae looked up from the table and showed the drawing to Jinyoung. A look of shock displayed on his face as he slammed the table and looked threateningly at Jinhyuk.

“Are you absolutely sure that she’s the one?” He grunted.

“Yes.” He nodded fearfully.

There was a knock on the other side of the two-way mirror. Jaebum tapped on the glass, signalling Jinyoung to show the drawing to the glass.

After seeing the face of the suspect, JB grabbed his file off the desk and rushed off towards the door of the interrogation room.

“Hyung,” Jinyoung called.

“I knew something was up with her,” the said male let out a sharp breath.

 

It was Moonhee.

 

The partners left the room and Minhyuk came jogging up to them.

“The IP address is out!” He announced and Jinyoung grabbed the paper from his hands.

“.”

“What?” JB snatched the paper from his friend. “It’s to Moonhee’s place.”

“Let’s go!” The latter yelled. “Team A, get moving!”

 

***

 

“We have to go.” Yael rushed Moonhee to pack up. “Now.”

“What’s going on?” She moved accordingly, not wasting time even though she didn’t know what was happening.

“The police traced our hack. The system told me so. We need to go.”

Moonhee jumped to her feet, doubling her actions as Yael reached for her com

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter