S37

Silence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Can we go to the supermarket to get some ice-cream before heading back to my place?”

Moonhee was in the car with Jaebum. They were cruising along the road towards her place when she proposed that impromptu shopping trip.

“Sure, why not?”

He did a U-turn and drove towards the nearest grocery store.

 

-

 

“I’ll go get the ice-cream, you help me get some fruits?”

Moonhee turned to head to the freezer section when Jaebum held her arm. She was surprised at the contact and jumped backwards.

“What are you doing?”

He frowned and whispered to himself, “But you let that Hyunbin guy touch you…”

“Huh?” She was confused. “What are you talking about?”

“Y-You let that Hyunbin hold you a-and,” he stuttered while avoiding her gaze shyly.

“Hyunbin’s different.”

Moonhee smiled to herself. Jaebum scoffed, “Different.”

She pushed him away from her, “Aigoo, go get those fruits.”

 

Moonhee was browsing through the selection of desserts when someone rammed into her back using a cart. She groaned, holding her back in pain.

“What the hell?” She turned to meet the person who knocked into her.

Her eyes widened when she realised it was the professor she had last punished.

“I knew it was you!” He pointed a finger at her face. “I could recognise you no matter what!”

“Professor…” She slowly backed up as the man trudged forward.

“Professor?” He pushed the cart away and grabbed her collar. “Aren’t we on closer terms than that? Babycakes?”

She tried prying his hands off her but the angry man had tremendous strength. He started shaking her, the basket she was holding kept hitting against her wound. She winced.

“Let go of me. We can talk!”

“Talk?” He shoved her and she hit the fridge door. “You caused my marriage to fall apart! My wife took my kids and left me, I lost my job in the school and the world thinks I’m a scum for picking on my students!”

“They are your fault!” She gathered her strength and pushed him roughly. “You can’t blame me when you are the one who started everything!”

“I started everything?” He slapped her, she fell to the ground. “YOU SEDUCED ME!”

He kicked her stomach once, causing her to cough.

“If you could just keep things in your pants, then they wouldn’t have left you!” Moonhee struggled to sit up. She wiped her lip and got to her feet.

Someone in the crowd grabbed the older man back when he rushed forward to attack Moonhee. She punched him hard across the face.

“Don’t come blaming me when you are the cause of your downfall. If you didn’t touch that female student, then she wouldn’t have committed suicide. I wouldn’t have to seek revenge for her and reveal all your secrets.”

“It’s your fault!” He charged at her again.

Moonhee stumbled backwards, into a pair of sturdy arms. She glanced over her shoulder, “J-Jaebum-ah…”

He pulled her behind himself and put the fruits in his hands down in her basket. Fishing his pass out from under his shirt, he gave the professor one hard look.

“I’m Detective Im and you have just assaulted my consultant.”

The professor staggered backwards, pushing the hands of all the passers-by holding onto him. He cursed at Moonhee before running off. The crowd dispersed and Jaebum quickly spun around. Moonhee was leaning against the freezer, tapping on her bruised cheek.

He strode over, “Are you okay?”

She nodded, reaching for the basket on the floor.

“Let’s get these paid. I want to drink.”

“But ice-cream?”

“No mood for that anymore,” she forced a smile. “Come on.”

 

-

 

Jaebum kept stealing glancing at Moonhee, who was quietly sitting in her seat. She gently rubbed her bruising cheek.

“Ya, are you sure you are okay?” He whispered.

“Hmm.”

“Who is that guy though? He looks rather familiar.”

A sigh escaped her lips, “He’s the professor from my last project.”

JB understood what she meant. They pulled up outside the bar, she hopped out. “Wait for me,” he called after her but she had disappeared into the venue.

He quickly parked the car.

 

Moonhee had ordered a bottle of whiskey and a glass of ice. She was already downing the liquid when JB arrived. Shaking his head, he went up to her.

“Did he hurt you?” He asked when he sat down next to her. “I saw you get pushed to the ground and he kicked you.”

“I’m fine,” she waved her hand dismissively at him.

Moonhee downed glass after glass of liquor under JB’s eyes. He tried

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter