S35

Silence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The precinct was thrown into chaos as Jaebum and Jinyoung returned to have an emergency meeting on the Silencer case. It was nicknamed that way because of the sewing of his victims’ lips. He took the letter Moonhee had received back with him to share with the team.

“I want everyone to be on alert. Our unsub has taken action. I want you guys to do whatever you can to track this girl down before we see her dead body in town.” He barked. “Minhyuk! Give me a list of her digital traces.”

Jinyoung flew about, trying to grab his laptop and to work on the case together with the other officers. JB reached for his phone, Moonhee sent him a text.

 

N. Moonhee

I’ll be able to go home soon. Don’t start on the case without me.

 

He was about to reply her but his officers were distracting him with questions about the cases.

 

---

 

“So, you’re fit to leave,” Kibum said and wagged his finger at Moonhee. “But no vigorous activities. You don’t want your wound to tear.”

Moonhee rolled her eyes and nodded, she then swung her feet off the bed. Yael bolted to her side, to hold her.

“I need you guys to go to the counter to get your medication and the gauze pads for changing.”

“Yes, sir.” Both girls cheekily replied.

Kibum left the room and Yael threw Moonhee’s backpack on. The latter headed towards the door, she threw it open and was surprised by a doctor passing by. They bowed to each other in apology before Yael came up.

“Ready to go?”

“As I’ll ever be.” Moonhee smiled. “I’ve been here so many times these few weeks that I should consider the hospital as my second home.”

“Shut up,” Yael chuckled.

 

They made it to the waiting area for the medicine. Yael and Moonhee sat down together, the former handed the latter her tablet.

“About the letter you received from the mystery person,” Yael started. “Do you think it’s time for you to pass the rest to Jaebum too?”

“I’ll give them to him when he asks for them. There’s no point since the girls were already dead.” Moonhee sighed. “If only I could save them. It’d be great.”

“But you’ve already handed one over, what’s wrong with giving them all? It could be helpful to the cops.”

Moonhee locked her tablet and turned to her friend.

“I want to have something to remind me of those poor girls.” She reasoned. “But if Jaebum wants them, I will hand them over.”

“Noh Moonhee!”

“There, they called my name.” Moonhee cooed. “Be a dear and take my stuff for me?”

Yael huffed and got up, giving her friend the I’ll-be-watching-you signal, telling her to stay put.

Moonhee chuckled. She continued scrolling her tablet that she failed to notice how the same doctor she almost bumped into, was just standing a couple of feet away. His hands were balled into tight fists, anger shone in his eyes. He ripped the mask off his face and stormed towards the car park.

He removed his white coat and flung it into his car. Before stepping into his vehicle, he threw a glance over his shoulder, at the backseat.

Muffled screams for help could be heard in the car. He hit the steering wheel hard a couple of times.

“Shut up. Shut up! SHUT UP!” He yelled with every hit.

The voice disappeared as quickly as it came. He quickly drove off.

 

-

 

He pulled up in his sanctuary and exited the car. After checking for people, he popped his truck open, revealing a gagged up lady. He reached for her, hoisted her up and threw her over his shoulder before trudging towards his safehouse.

She started kicking.

He wasn’t bothered.

Kicking the door open, he dumped her onto the black chair. She started sobbing badly, trying to beg him to spare her life. But he wasn’t taking any of that .

He strapped her down on the chair roughly, the black cuffs were cutting into her skin. He was drawing blood. He made sure she was comfortable before strapping her head in place. He trailed hand up from her legs, to her face. He stared at her for a while longer before removing the gag in .

“P-Please.” She begged. “Don’t do this.”

“It’s not my call.” He stated and reached for his bag of tools.

He positioned the needle and thread on the table and grabbed the dripper. She could smell the acid from the bottle.

“Please… P-Please. Don’t kill me. Please l-let me g-go…”

He sighed, “I didn’t want to do this so quickly. But my hands are tied.”

He walked towards her and held her chin.

“You see, I only put away those dolls that are useful to me a little later. But earlier today, my inspiration showed the private letter that I had sent her to the police. Think about that. I wrote those letters just for her and she hands it off to the police.” He said through gritted teeth. “If you want to find who killed you, find her.”

Before he could bring down on her, she cried his name.

“Jungmin-ah…”

He paused, his focus thrown off track, his guard fell. “What did you just call me..?”

“You really don’t remember me?” She begged him to remember. “We were classmates… In high school? Cha Heeji.”

Memories flooded his head, he almost caved in but his rational side steered him back on track. He curled her hair behind her ear with his gloved hand.

“I’ll save you, don’t worry,” he then grabbed her cheeks, forcing open.

Reaching for the dripper, he carefully dripped the acid down . She thrashed in the chair, screaming herself hoarse as the liquid burnt her.

A sadistic smile came onto his face and he took the needle and thread. He shut and pressing the sharp needle a little off her bottom lip. Pushing it slightly, the needle pierced her lip. He worked through her cries.

She was reduced to a weak mess of tears and blood. He took the black plastic bag from his toolbox. Carefully easing her head into the bag, he tightened the ends of the bag’s handles around her neck before tying them up.

“It’s his fault.” He muttered under his breath as he suffocated the girl. “It’s all his fault.”

 

---

 

“I don’t want to go home just yet. Send me to the precinct.”

Moonhee was in a taxi with Yael, the latter wanted to send the former home but she was stubborn. She didn’t want to go to an empty house by herself.

“The precinct is filled with police officers. I’ll be fine there, El.” She tried convincing her friend. “Besides, you’re there.”

Yael sighed, she didn’t want to let Moonhee go to the precinct in her condition but the girl was so headstrong, she gave in.

“Fine, fine. Let’s go. But I want you to stay beside me and not run around, okay?”

 

-

 

Jinyoung and Jaebum were waiting at the entrance when the girls pulled up outside the precinct. The former ran up to the girls, opening the door. Moonhee leaned against Yael, as the latter gathered their stuff from the car.

JB sauntered over with his hands tucked in his pockets.

“What are you doing here?” He asked. “Shouldn’t you be resting?”

“That’s what I told her, but she wouldn’t listen.” Yael glared at Moonhee. “That rude b--”

“Hey, hey. That’s enough.”

The trio cracked a smile before they brought the recovering girl into the office so that she could settle down at JB’s table.

 

The moment they entered the office, everyone was thrown into a huge chaos. Officers were running about, some were preparing to rush out in their police cars.

Jaebum grabbed one of the officer

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter