S02

Silence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jaebum drove his car up to the precinct’s private parking lot and stopped his car at his designated spot. He got out, grabbed his files from the passenger seat before locking the vehicle and entering the precinct.

Several junior officers bowed when he walked past, making way for him as he paid no attention to where he was walking.

“Sir!”

He glanced up dismissively and waved for his subordinate to come with him to his desk. He dropped the files he was holding onto his table and sat down, pulling his drawer open to put his keys and phone in.

“Sir,” Joonhyung - the junior detective in his team - called and presented the male with a brown file with a big red classified stamped on top.

“Thanks,” Jaebum reached for the file and flipped it open. The officer nodded and left to do his own work.

“Serial arsonist.” He whispered under his breath.

 

Jinyoung sauntered into the precinct, one hand on his head and the other holding a cup of warm coffee. He headed straight for Jaebum’s table and plopped down on the chair opposite the male.

“What’s wrong?” JB asked while reading the case file. “Too rough a night?”

“Yeah. Wild chick. Slapped me when she woke up this morning in my bed.” He chuckled at the memory and rubbed his neck. “Wild, wild night. She was really amazing in the front and the back. la perfection. ”

JB smiled and held his hand up to the guy, looking up at him and giving him a mock glare.

“I don’t need details on your rendezvous with a wild chick,” he curled his fingers in quotation while speaking his last two words. “Come on, we have work to do.”

He got up and patted his friend on his back, before heading towards the conference room. He glanced over his shoulder, twirling his finger in the air and pointed to the room.

His teammates understood his actions straight away and left their desks.

 

***

 

“This is our newest case. A serial arsonist has been setting fires to classrooms and dorm rooms in Seoul National University.” Jaebum briefed his teammates. “The criminal has so far set arson to an empty classroom and the janitor’s closet.”

The other officers were scribbling notes onto their books, paying attention to what their superior was saying.

“The fires happened at 12.34pm and 3.13pm respectively. No one was hurt, but the area was badly damaged. We will be making our way down to the school in less than 10 minutes. Team 1 will talk to the staff and students, check for inconsistencies. Team 2, check on the scenes and try to find something. Check if there is anything that represents our suspect here.”

Everyone got up and filed out of the room, immediately going into action. Jaebum was packing up when Jinyoung rushed out of the room.

“Where are you going?!” He yelled after his friend.

“I’m late for a class! I’ll be in room 7 in SNU Building 2!” He replied while leaving the office.

 

***

 

“You. Are late.” The professor deadpanned when Jinyoung stepped into class. “Too busy with detective work, Mr Park?”

He scratched his head sheepishly, “That’s actually classified, Sir. I would have to arrest you if I told you.”

The professor rolled his eyes, “I would like to see you try, Mr Park. Get to your seat.”

He ducked and shuffled back to his seat. He sat next to a couple of girls and realised that they were pretty.

“My lesson just got a whole lot better.”

 

“What a dweeb,” Moonhee commented when Jinyoung stepped into the classroom.

“Who is?” Yael asked absentmindedly, scanning through her notes to do a short recap before the lesson started.

“Him,” she tilted her chin towards the person she’s talking to.

The latter looked up just as Jinyoung was walking up to the empty seats. He sent a smile their way but Moonhee just scoffed at his attempt.

“What a flirt.”

Yael threw Moonhee a look. “Hey, be nice. He just smiled at us. That ain’t flirty.”

“I know a flirt when I see one, okay?”

She just blew a raspberry at Moonhee. The professor tapped his pen against the podium stand.

“Now, let’s start a new topic. Victimology. Can anyone tell me what that is?”

 

***

 

Class ended in 2 hours. Students were grouping up to discuss what they had just learnt, to put that into their essays. Moonhee was scribbling something into her notebook, while Yael squirmed about, feeling someone’s eyes on her.

“What are you squirming about for?” Moonhee asked, her eyes still pinned on her list.

“That guy. He’s staring at us.”

She immediately looked up and closed her book. She glanced around, guard going up. Yael nudged her friend, “There. That one, a seat diagonally in front of us.”

Moonhee turned to the direction she was talking about and noticed that Jinyoung was staring their way - Yael’s way. She leant forward, blocking his view of her friend.

Jinyoung shifted himself when he saw Moonhee staring back at him. He gave her wink but she wasn’t taking any of it. She just gave him a bored look.

A look so neutral that it forced him to look away.

“Wait, why am I scared of her?” He questioned himself.

He was about to mirror her look - or outdo her - when he received a message. He fished his phone out and saw that Jaebum had left him a message.

 

Hyung

Come down right now to the teacher’s office. 2 hours is too long a time to be off duty when there is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter