S10

Silence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The moment Jaebum and Jinyoung received the news that the missing girl, they dropped whatever they were doing and rushed to the hospital.

 

Moonhee was cleaning her cuts with wet tissues as Yael went to the counter to settle some issues with the girl they had just sent to the care of the doctors. The nurse wanted to know if they knew the hurt girl but since they didn’t, the hospital had to notify the police.

“Thank you,” Yael nodded and headed back to Moonhee.

She noticed the several long cuts and stopped a passing nurse.

“Can I have some bandages and antiseptic? My friend is hurt,” she pointed to Moonhee.

The nurse then nodded and quickly scurried off the counter, taking whatever Yael had asked for.

“Do you need me to help with the bandaging?”

She shook her head, receiving the items.

“We’re good. Thank you,” she bowed as the nurse smiled and went off.

“You alright?” Yael sat down beside Moonhee, ripping open the alcohol swabs, handing them over. “Here.”

“Yeah, no biggie. I suffered worse than this.” Moonhee let out a dry chuckle.

Yael frowned at her words. Moonhee took the antiseptic from her friend, applying it on the cuts before bandaging her arm.

They heard rushed footsteps coming towards them. Looking up, Moonhee scoffed at the sight of Jaebum. Jinyoung’s eyes darted between Yael and Moonhee before finally ending on the latter’s hurt arm.

 

“You girls were the one who sent our missing girl to the hospital?” JB questioned. “How did you find her?”

Yael got up, “We were having dinner when she fell next to our table, covered in bruises. She was saying that someone was after her, wanting to kill her.”

“Then she fainted. So we brought her to the hospital.” Moonhee added quietly.

“Where is she?” Jinyoung asked, looking around.

“In there,” Yael pointed towards the ward. “The doctor hasn’t come out yet.”

As if on cue, the doctor stepped out of the ward with his nurse.

“Who here is related to the patient?”

Moonhee got up, standing in front of everyone. “She fainted on me. We found her. Is she okay?”

The doctor glanced at Jaebum, who looked annoyed.

“She’s completely tired out. According to our examinations, she was badly beaten. The marks around her necks indicated strangulation but she was let go before she could run out of oxygen.” The doctor explained. “We found out there were light fractures on her ribs, which may have resulted from resuscitation.”

“She was snuffed out and revived?” JB piped up.

“That’s our guess.” The doctor affirmed.

“Will she be alright?”

Moonhee was wearing a concerned look as she whispered her question. Jinyoung and Jaebum glanced at her, weirded out by her sudden softness.

“She will be. We will keep her under observation for a few days to see how her healing is going.”

Yael nodded, holding her friend.

“Thank you, doctor, may we see her?”

The doctor nodded and left. The two girls stepped towards the door but JB darted forward, blocking them.

“Get lost,” Moonhee spat.

“This is now a police case. No one is allowed to enter unless they are family members.” He commanded. “Jinyoung, come with me.”

They stepped into the ward, Yael pulled Moonhee down to the bench.

 

Jinyoung closed the door behind him just as Jaebum walked over to the just-conscious girl.

He sat on the chair beside the bed. The girl noticing the male presence in the room with her, she started shifting herself towards the other side of the bed and curling into a ball.

Her eyes were in a daze, pupils darting around the room tiredly but her guard was up.

“Miss Jo Jihee.” Jaebum started. “I am Detective Jaebum and this is my partner, Detective Jinyoung. I hope you’re feeling better.”

The girl nodded weakly, still not looking at the two officers.

“Can you describe the man to me?”

Jihee seized up. She started hugging her knees close to her chest.

“Jo Jihee-ssi.” He tried again.

When there was no acknowledgement from the girl, JB sighed.

“We are here to help you catch the man who did this to you. There is already 3 dead girls in his name. He will continue to kill girls unless you help us.”

“I-I…”

Jihee was starting to breathe really hard. Jinyoung noticed her distress. He put a hand on JB’s shoulder.

Her eyes darted around in discomfort, avoiding Jaebum specifically, her hands grabbing onto the collar of her shirt.

“You have to talk, in order for me to help you, Jo Jihee-ssi.” Jaebum dropped his hands onto his thighs. “You have to tell me how the bad guy looks like.”

“N-no! Go a-away! Get out!” She started going ballistic.

 

Moonhee and Yael were sitting in silence outside the ward when they heard Jihee screaming. The former bolted up and dashed into the room.

“Hee!” Yael ran after her.

 

The door opened, making the two officers in the room turn their attention to the visitors.

“We’re recording a statement, who told you to come in?!” He rose his voice.

The victim started covering her ears and letting out pained screams.

Moonhee walked up and smacked the back of Jaebum’s head. Jinyoung choked on his saliva when he witnessed that. Yael grabbed onto her best friend, softly chiding into her ear.

“What the hell?!” Jaebum yelled and turned, holding the back of his head, Jinyoung held onto him. “I can arrest you right now on counts of assault on a police officer and the obstruction of justice.”

“Are you stupid?” Moonhee spat. “The poor girl is shaken up! She barely managed to get away from the criminal and you’re asking her to tell you what she went through right now?”

Jaebum shrugged Jinyoung’s hands off him and glared at Moonhee.

“It just happened. I have to know while it’s still fresh in her mind! I’m helping her.”

“You’re not and it’s not going to happen with your attitude right now. Get out.” Moonhee pointed to the door. “Get out!”

Yael gave Jinyoung a look and the latter understood what she meant.

“Let’s go, hyung.” He grabbed onto Jaebum. “Let’s get out first. We can come back later.”

The older male sent daggers to Moonhee. She just brushed against his shoulder, hard, and went towards the girl.

Jihee immediately hugged her tightly. Yael sighed, pushing the boys out. “I’ll make sure nothing happens to the victim.”

She then closed the doors.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter