S40

Silence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Jungmin rubbed his hands together as Moonhee digested his words.

Her voice came out trembling, “Why are you telling me this? Why?”

“You know, other than a saviour… I see myself as an awakener.” He winked at her. “But that’s just for you.”

“An awakener?” Moonhee choked back her cries. “What are talking about? What did my brother do to you for you to kill him?”

“Well,” he played with the knife in his hand as he sat down. “I didn't like interruption. He went to that field behind your school to look for Hyunbin and Nora but all he saw was me.”

“He wanted to run but I managed to grab him. I knew who he was alright. That kid with the drugs?”

He chuckled.

“I picked up the wallet he dropped when struggling. It was a rush, I tell you! He had a photo of you and I knew instantly, you were my favourite angel. I asked him about you. He tried to attack me. I will give it to you though, he's a pretty good fighter. Probably protected you from bullies, am I right?”

“You're insane.”

Jungmin pouted and leaned forward, closer to Moonhee.

“I'm just about to get to the best part.”

She wanted him to keep all his tales to himself but at the same time, she was curious as to why he decided to kill Taehyun.

She dropped her gaze.

“Seems like our little angel wants to know more,” he dropped his knife and dragged his chair closer to Moonhee. He took her chained hands, she squirmed under his hold.

“I let him go, followed him back home. I was sad you weren't there, I had to ask him.” He tapped his chin. “He put up quite a fight, he forced me to defend myself. I brought a gun, he tried to shoot me.”

 

-

 

Taehyun reached home, all sweaty and bothered. He couldn’t get the scene of the dead girl out of his mind. He had wanted to find Hyunbin, he had called for him but was nowhere to be found. Instead, he saw a figure pulling a huge sac across the grass floor.

Out of curiosity, he followed, only to regret.

A man was suffocating a woman with a black plastic bag on her head. The strange smell of burning flesh lingered in the air. He resisted the urge to gag. He wanted to run but stepped on a twig.

“.”

He looked up again and the hooded man was just standing before him. He his heels to run but he grabbed his arm. Taehyun tried fighting back, his vigorous movements dislodged the wallet in his pocket.

Everyone stopped moving, then the hooded man slowly picked the wallet up.

Taehyun took this chance and sprinted towards his house. He took turns and corners until he was sure he had shaken the mysterious man off his back. He quickly darted into his house and locked his doors securely.

Heading towards the kitchen with shaky legs, he tried pouring himself a glass of water but a thud coming from their rooms stopped him. Red flags shot up as he reached for the cleaver in the kitchen. Armed with that, he stealthily moved towards the kitchen’s exit.

He needed to make sure the house was safe before his little sister returned home.

He had just stepped out of the kitchen when a fist connected with his face. He coughed, the cleaver falling out of his hands.

“I know you saw me. I know where you live.”

A voice sounded. Taehyun looked up. It was the same hooded man. He gave the man a quick once-over, noticing the little bulge at the back of his pants. He took the chance of it being a weapon and kicked the hooded man’s shin, swiftly grabbing at the bulge.

“WHO ARE YOU?”

Taehyun yelled as he pointed the pistol at the stranger. The male had his hands up in the air, but he wore a sinister smile on his face.

“I’m Jungmin.”

The younger male had to stop himself from shaking, “What do you want?”

Jungmin just struggled.

“Where's the girl in your wallet?”

Taehyun was surprised, “Excuse me?”

“Is she your sister?”

The older male walked towards the living room and sat down, totally uncaring of the gun pointed at him. He smirked when he could hear Taehyun trying to compose himself.

“Where is she? She’s pretty, like an angel. Maybe I should treat her like one too.”

Taehyun recalled the scene he had seen earlier and immediately pressed the nozzle of the gun against the back of Jungmin’s head hard, “I’m going to call the cops. I… I saw what you did earlier.”

A soft chuckle emitted from the latter’s lips.

“No one is going to believe you,” he murmured and got to his feet.

He slowly spun around, staring straight into Taehyun’s eyes, sending shivers down his spine. He eyed the main door but Jester quickly leapt over the sofa during this window and kicked the gun out of the younger male’s hand.

He fell onto the ground, landing with a thud. He watched Jungmin pick the gun up. He emptied the chamber of the readied bullet, before pulling the magazine out. He poured the other bullets into his pocket, leaving one on his palm.

Jungmin shot Taehyun a smirk before putting that bullet into the magazine an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter