Taehyung's Mission

Seoul City
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taehyung reluctantly walked away from Chaeyoung and tried to casually blend in with the crowd. He plastered a party-boy smile on his face and began dancing wildly with the other party-goers, fitting in perfectly. Acting was one of his favourite hobbies and right now, he couldn't risk blowing his cover. The truth was he was on an undercover mission directly ordered by Jimin. Well, to be more accurate, he was on 2 undercover missions.

The first mission was always to protect Chaeyoung. It all started in high school when she started developing a mind of her own and engaging in reckless behaviour. One time she broke her leg sky-diving when she was underage (16 years old). Another time, she was followed home from school by a stranger – although she was the one attacking the intruder in the end, it was still a disconcerting event for her family. Out of concern for her safety, Jimin had asked Taehyung to act as her "unofficial bodyguard". Chaeyoung had no idea, but he was always looking out for her both as a friend and as a skilled gang member. He was one of the Phoenixes most trusted and reliable fighters, possessing advanced skills in martial arts, karate and kick-boxing. For years, as Chaeyoung slept, Jimin and Taehyung trained for hours – perfecting their technique and building muscle mass. However, she was under the impression that Taehyung was a complete gentleman who could not be tainted with the dark secrets of Seoul. Taehyung was pretty sure she thought she was protecting him.

The second mission was only given to him last night when he met up with the entire gang at their headquarters in Jimin's basement. Jimin had debriefed them about the recent troubles the Griffins were facing with uprisings on the East side – people who refused to follow the Griffin's laws and believed they had the right to develop their own.

"Are they out of their minds?" Yoongi had scoffed upon hearing about the little rebellions.

"The Griffins have owned this land for the past couple decades. The rules are in place for a god damn reason," Baekhyun rolled his eyes.

"Have they done anything serious, yet?" Taehyung had asked.

"Yes, in fact. They robbed a bank – our bank – last week, stealing over $500,000," Chanyeol explained as he read the facts from his laptop. Chanyeol oversees the technology and communication department for the Griffins.

"Can't the police just handle this?" Bogum had asked, throwing his head back tiredly.

"Usually, they would. But they don't have any clue as to who the perpetrators are. All the surveillance videos were wiped clean," Jimin explained, his eyes flickering with anger.

"Wait, surveillance? So, the ing Phoenixes were involved?" Bogum's head snapped up.

"Are they trying to start another world war?" Yoongi asked with a short laugh.

"This is what we're going to do," Jimin announced authoritatively, "Chaeyoung is going to a birthday party on the West side tomorrow night. It's in one of the Phoenixes' houses. It also just happens to be where their surveillance headquarters are located, just underground in the basement. If t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter