Hers

Seoul City
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungkook groggily made his way through the lake-house he was currently trapped in with his team, a bunch of psycho Griffins, and Chaeyoung. He walked towards the kitchen, his stomach growling with hunger. His eyes grew wide when he opened the fridge door and saw several empty racks, with no food to fill them. When he reached a hand inside to test it, only warm air blew out. A sense of dread overcame him at the thought of being stuck in this place with no food or a working fridge. As if the trip wasn’t bad enough already.

A short laugh sounded from the back of the kitchen, causing Jungkook to turn around.

“That fridge hasn’t worked since the party we held in 12th grade,” Jennie explained, an amused expression on her face, “but, don’t worry. There’s food in the coolers outside.”

Jungkook chuckled, making his way towards the doors, “for a second I thought you Griffins dragged us all out here to starve us to death.”

“That was definitely one of Jimin’s suggestions,” Jennie said, trying to suppress another laugh, “one of the least aggressive ones, that is.”

They walked towards the campsite together, with Jennie leading the way and Jungkook walking at a respectful distance from her. A part of him expected Jimin to jump out of nowhere and go all protective-boyfriend mode on his for just looking at her, and although that would be a very amusing scene, he didn’t want to cause any more misunderstandings than what had already been created. Especially so early in the morning.

“So, what happened in the 12th grade?” He asked when they reached the truck that contained the valuable coolers inside.

Jennie narrowed her eyes at him slightly with a semi-curious expression, as if she was debating whether or not he deserved to hear the juicy details of the story. She didn’t answer immediately, focusing on opening the trunk of the truck instead and removing one large, blue cooler from it. Jungkook wasn’t surprised to see how strong she was – he’d actually expected it given her reputation as a Griffin and her fierce aura. He didn’t even bother to help because she didn’t need it.

“Jimin, Taehyung, and I threw a graduation party for Chaeyoung here and somehow everyone on the East-side found out about it. We all got wasted, especially Chaeyoung,” she laughed, recalling the memories, “she convinced all of us that the fridge was a vending machine that had stolen her money, so we all started kicking and punching it. Eventually, it toppled over and fell on someone’s foot, breaking 4 out of 5 of the poor guy’s toes. After that, we put the fridge back up and vowed to never speak of that night again. Our parents still don’t know why it doesn’t work.”

Jungkook chuckled in amusement, “why didn’t the Parks just buy a new fridge? God knows they have enough money for it.”

“They wanted to, but we wanted to keep it as a memory. So, we convinced them that bringing food in coolers will add realism to our camping trips and make our experience more ‘authentic’.” She air-quoted.

Just as she finished her sentence, Hoseok and Yoongi walked towards the campground from the direction of the beach, laughing together. Jungkook and Jennie exchanged a shocked look as they observed them. Yoongi seemed ready to systematically murder all the Phoenixes, one-by-one last night, so this was very strange.

“Min Yoongi?” Jennie gasped dramatically, quirking a brow up playfully, “is that a smile??”

That caused Yoongi to finally glance up and notice the two of them staring at him and Hoseok.

“No,” he denied, his expression shifting to his usual, stone-cold expression, “it was a scowl.”

Jennie shook her head in disbelief, “no. That was definitely a smile. You were laughing with a Phoenix!”

Jungkook bit back a laugh, “I guess not even a Griffin can resist our Hoseok’s charms.”

“Both of you need to get your ing eyes checked,” Yoongi huffed as he stomped towards the house, passing by Jimin along the way.

“Da did you just say to Jennie?” Jimin eyed him with a playfully threatening expression as he watched him walk inside the house, “that’s right, you better walk away!”

“We’re all very proud of the progress you’ve made!” Jennie shouted at his retreating figure, enjoying teasing him. Without even glancing back, he held up his hand and gave her the middle finger, causing her to laugh.

“Woah, who pissed off Yoongi so early in the morning?” Taehyung asked in amusement as he walked towards the rest of the group, Chaeyoung trailing after him closely.

Jungkook barely even saw Taehyung as his eyes automatically focused on Chaeyoung. Her hair was blow-dried straight, framing her face in dark-chocolate strands that looked so soft, he wanted to run his hands through it. She had thrown on a teal-coloured romper, with a pair of white converse shoes. What really drew his attention, though, was the black sweater she wore on top of it to keep warm – his sweater. Seeing her in his sweater was very enticing, making her appear even more attractive – if that was possible – in his eyes. He couldn’t help but picture her in his other clothes, like the crisp, dress-shirts he wore to work, or his collection of white t-shirts (one of which he was currently wearing). He was so lost in these thoughts that he didn’t realize he was staring at her, nor that someone was trying to talk to him.

“Jungkook!” Jennie waved her hands in front of his face, causing him to snap out of it.

“Pardon?” he asked, shifting his attention to her.

Jennie rolled her eyes, obviously not pleased to have to repeat herself, “I asked if you wanted to accompany Chaeyoung to the convenience store in town to get some ice. Taehyung and Jimin already left to bring some firewood, the rest of us need to practice training for the mission and Chaeyoung can’t carry an entire cooler of ice by herself.”

“Yes, I can!” Chaeyoung argued, looking offended.

Jennie and Jungkook both looked her up and down with a doubtful expression before Jungkook turned towards Jennie again and nodded, “yup, I’ll go.”

“Great, thanks,” Jennie said and quickly walked away towards the shooting range, avoiding eye contact with Chaeyoung.

“Yah, Kim Jennie!” Chaeyoung called out to her in disbelief, “I’m stronger than I look!”

“Sure, jan!” she replied over her shoulder sarcastically, making Chaeyoung glare at her back.

Jungkook supressed a smile as he grabbed an empty cooler and walked towards her, finding her very cute.

“Lead the way, babe,” he said, gesturing for her to go first.

“Did you just call me babe?” she asked raising her brows in surprise as she started to walk through the trees surrounding the campground.

“Yes, I did,” he admitted unashamedly as he followed her away from the campsite, and towards the nearby town. He fell in-step beside her so they were walking side-by-side.

“Well… don’t,” she mumbled, slightly flustered.

“Why?” the corner of his lips lifted in a smirk and he leaned towards her so their arms were touching and their faces were only inches apart, “does it make your heart flutter?”

She scoffed, pushing his face away, “as if.”

“You know it’s okay to admit it, Chaeyoung,” Jungkook teased with a grin spread across his face.

“Admit what?” she turned her head to look at him with mild curiosity.

“That you like me,” he brazenly met her gaze, and laughed when numerous emotions – ranging from surprise to frustration to disbelief – flickered across her face.

“Wow, your arrogance actually makes me speechless,” she said, shaking her head in bewilderment.

“I don’t hear a denial,” he teased in a sing-song voice, obviously enjoying teasing her.

“That’s because it was such a ridiculous claim that it doesn’t even deserve a response,” she huffed, crossing her arms across her chest protectively.

“Then, why are you wearing my sweater?” he asked with a triumphant smirk.

She looked down at what she was wearing, opening in alarm, as if her outfit had betrayed her.

“Don’t flatter yourself, the wind looked chilly this morning and this was just the first thing my hands grabbed,” she defended herself, making her face expressionless.

“So, now you’re drawn to me on reflex? What an honour,” he placed a hand on his heart dramatically.

She rolled her eyes and shoved him playfully, “you’re so damn annoying.”

“You’re so damn cute,” he retorted, causing her to groan in frustration and turn her face away quickly – but not quickly enough for him to miss the light blush that spread across her cheek. He laughed again and decided to stop flirting before she really lost it.

Instead of teasing her, he changed the topic, “you seem like you’re in a better mood today.”

She flashed him a small smile, “I am. Taehyung and I kind of made-up.”

He tried to keep his expression composed as he absorbed her words. The stab of jealousy was hard to ignore, but a feeling of relief was also mixed in with it. Despite how entertaining their fight had been for him to watch, he was glad that they had rekindled their … friendship? Relationship? Whatever it was. It was obvious how much she cared about him, and how miserable she’d been without him. Seeing her in so much pain was surprisingly hard for him to watch, so he was glad that she was back to her normal self. If it had been anyone else, he wouldn’t have given a damn. He wouldn’t have comforted them, warmed up their hands, or offered them his expensive sweater. For her, tho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter