The Vintage Record

Seoul City
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The day after the charity ball started off like any other typical day for Jungkook. He spent the entire morning sitting in his luxurious office at Jeon Corporations, sorting through profit reports and project proposals. As heir to his family’s company, he’d been introduced to the business world at a very young age and mastered the art of economics quickly, as if it were in his genes to do so. His afternoon was spent in long, but productive meetings with entrepreneurs from across the country. Although Jungkook enjoyed an adventurous and ‘wild’ personal life, he was a focused and intelligent businessman. His competence and good-looks worked hand-in-hand to drive all the women working in Jeon Corporations crazy. But, too bad Jungkook didn’t mix business with pleasure.

He was looking forward to the evening portion of his day, as he was meeting the Phoenixes to finally reveal the contents of the vintage record he’d bought last night. He hadn’t touched it since last night, saving it for his whole team to view at once. Currently, it was tucked away safely in his leather briefcase, which he could not stop glancing at in curiosity. The anticipation of revealing the secrets hidden in that record was distracting him all day.

Jungkook was relieved when his final meeting ended early, around 4:00 pm, and headed directly to the designated meeting place. The Phoenixes had decided to meet in Bambam’s basement because they could easily access the city’s surveillance footage in case the record didn’t reveal enough information about the imposter Phoenixes.

When he arrived at Bambam’s place, he wasn’t surprised to see Bambam in the pool, making out with Lisa. The two didn’t even have the decency to pull apart when they heard his arrival, making Jungkook scrunch his nose in disgust and throw a nearby beach ball at them.

“Oh, hey Jungkook,” Bambam belatedly greeted when Jungkook had already walked away, “you’re awfully early!”

Arriving early gave Jungkook the opportunity to monitor and organize some of the surveillance footage from around the city and take note of any irregularities. The videos revealed the perpetrators of many crimes, but nothing of significance to the Phoenixes. It was strange that the imposter Phoenixes were so good at hiding their tracks when Jungkook and his team possessed so many resources to find them. Things just didn’t add up, and Jungkook could feel a sickening feeling stirring in his guts when he thought about the whole problem.

The meeting officially began at 7:00 pm with all the Phoenixes in attendance.

“Alright, boys, first thing’s first, let’s address the elephant in the room,” Jungkook began the meeting by holding up the vintage record he bought at the charity gala.

“Can we also address what the hell you were thinking last night?” Namjoon raised a brow, causing Jungkook to sigh. He knew they wouldn’t leave this topic alone.

“What do you mean?” Jungkook asked, feigning innocence.

“Are you seriously going to go on that date?” Hoseok asked, appalled.

“Well, he better. He paid a hundred ing thousand dollars on it,” Yugyeom shook his head in disappro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter