Partners in Crime

Seoul City
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Do you think she’ll like it?” Taehyung asked, proudly looking at the huge acre of land he had just purchased with Jimin.

“She better, we’ve invested a lot of money and thought into this,” Jimin replied.

The two of them had spent the majority of the day working with a team of architects and engineers to design a brand-new HIV clinic. On the east side, this time. After coming up with the basic sketch of the building along with the needed dimensions of land to accommodate it, they travelled all around the East side in search of a suitable area to build it on. Together, they inspected several different places and, at last, agreed upon an empty piece of land located in East end Seoul’s central business district, over-looking the river.

This new clinic was their gift to Chaeyoung to cheer her up from the recent burning of the old HIV clinic. It was something they’d discussed as soon as they found out about the fire, and started planning it right away. Construction was set to begin as early as the next day, if everything went according to plan.

“It’s been a while since we've done business together, Mochi,” Taehyung grinned, slapping Jimin on the back as they walked to their car. They’d just signed the contract for the land and placed a dark red, bolded ‘sold’ sign on it – claiming it as their own. Since Jimin mostly worked in the office while Taehyung spent the majority of his time working on-site, this was a rare moment of collaboration between the two. With the Griffins, they really were ‘partners in crime’ but this was one of the only times they could also be partners in business.

“Yah, don’t call me that in public. I have a reputation to maintain,” Jimin warned, fixing his suit and glancing around to ensure no one had heard Taehyung.

Taehyung laughed, “then, should I call you Chimchim?”

“Do you have a death wish?” Jimin asked through gritted teeth.

Taehyung laughed again. It had been a while since they had some quality time together, and he missed the playful banter they always had.

“Remember when we were little and you were trying to impress Jennie? You started telling her the story of the 3 little pigs but whenever they were supposed to say ‘not by the hair on my chinny-chin-chin” you said ‘not by the hair on my chimmie-chim-chim’?” Taehyung was trying not to laugh the entire time he was saying this, but finally burst out into a full-on laugh at the end.

Jimin pursed his lips in dismay but there was a hint of a smile in his eyes, “, Tae, how many times have I told you not to bring that up?” He pulled him into an aggressive headlock just as they reached their car.

Taehyung squirmed out of the headlock instantly, and tried to catch his breath from laughing so hard, “ah, that story never gets old.”

Because this was one of their only chances to work together on a project, they went to one of their favourite grills for a celebratory supper. The restaurant was a casual, cheaper place than they were used to, with wooden tables and chairs – but they had one of the best marinated meat packages they’d ever tasted. As men, they didn’t care about the appearance of the building, so long as their appetites were satisfied. However, Jennie would never come with them to this old place because it would ‘hurt her pride’ as a well-known fashion executive at Gucci.

“So, Jennie still hates this place?” Taehyung asked curiously as he started grilling a juicy slice of beef.

“Ugh,” Jimin groaned, “I once tried to convince her to come here for supper because I was craving it so bad, but she literally opened the car door – while it was still moving! – and jumped out. She threatened to shoot me if I ever mentioned this restaurant to her again.”

Taehyung laughed and shook his head, “that’s definitely our Jennie Kim.”

“I love her,” Jimin said softly, causing Taehyung to roll his eyes.

“I know. You only say it like every day.”

“No, Tae. I really love her,” Jimin said with a genuineness that surprised Taehyung, “I think I’m going to propose.”

“What?!” Taehyung exclaimed, his eyes wide with shock and his lips curling up into an ecstatic smile.

“Shh,” Jimin laughed, shoving a lettuce wrap in his mouth to keep him quiet.

“It’s about damn time!” he said, slapping Jimin’s arm, “when?”

“I was thinking during our group trip, at our family c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter