Saviour

Seoul City
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungkook watched with amusement and slight concern as the two men in front of him fought to buy Chaeyoung. They had been going at it for a couple minutes and it was highly entertaining for Jungkook to observe. He recognized the short, old man as an esteemed history professor at the university of Seoul, but couldn’t recognize the other man.

“Namjoon, who’s the guy with the tattoos?” Jungkook asked through his hidden microphone.

Namjoon laughed, “that’s one of the president’s hitmen. He just got out of jail for mass murder, only serving a 10-year sentence which was no doubt due to his political connections.”

“So, if she ends up with the old guy, she’s going to die of boredom and if she ends up with the bald guy, she’s actually going to die,” Jungkook laughed in disbelief.

“Either way, she’s screwed!” Bambam laughed through the microphone.

Just as the two men’s bidding war reached it’s peak, Jungkook started to experience his own inner dilemma. He was strongly considering saving Chaeyoung from this mess – out of sheer goodwill of course. But, he’d already drawn too much attention to himself by recklessly dancing with her just moments ago.

He had spent the majority of the night at silent auction, hovering over the vintage record he was supposed to win. To his surprise, he had a fair bit of competition, causing him to bid more money than he would’ve liked on one piece of evidence. But, since this record would bring him closer to solving the problems on the West side, he had sacrificed $6000 on it.

After he won the record, he was supposed to slip out of the mansion as if he’d never entered; however, the sight of Chaeyoung dancing gracefully across the ballroom floor with Taehyung stopped him in his tracks. He stood in the distance, studying the pair for a while, noticing the way she smiled at him and the gentle yet possessive way he held onto her. It was perfectly obvious that they were in love and for some reason, that made Jungkook … envious. Without another thought, he’d approached her and asked for a dance, his desire for her triumphing all rationality.

The worst part about the whole situation was that the Phoenixes had seen and heard the entire thing, some scolding him and others cheering him on. On the outside, Jungkook maintained his poise while chaos had ensued in his ears.

“Jungkook, what the hell??” Namjoon had yelled when Jungkook changed direction from the exit and walked straight towards Chaeyoung.

“Damn, boy. Go get her!” Mark had encouraged when Jungkook asked for a dance.

“Is this the ing time to be dancing?” Yugyeom had disapprovingly asked.

“She’s hot, I probably would’ve done the same,” Jackson had laughed.

“Jungkook, she’s a Park!” Jin had exclaimed in exasperation. As if he didn’t already know that.

Now, as Jungkook looked up at where Chaeyoung was standing on display in front of the despicable men gawking at her, he felt a slight, moral obligation to help. Although she remained calm and plastered a small on her face, Jungkook noticed the hint of terror in her eyes as she looked back and forth between her two options.

Suddenly, the bald man stepped up and yelled, “50,000 dollars.”

“We have 50,000 dollars!” The MC repeated, elated, “do we have any other offers?”

Jungkook stayed still, contemplating his options. He considered the years of discord between their families and how furious his team would be if he saved her. But then, he recalled the way it had felt to hold her waist and how soft the skin on her neck had felt against his lips – and the choice was automatically made for him.

“100,000 dollars!” He exclaimed. This was the second time that night she’d shaken his sanity and caused him to do something he never would have done for any other woman.

Everyone turned to him, their jaws dropping. Gasps and whispers were heard all across the room, the most intense gasp coming from Chaeyoung. Her eyes searched for the person who had bid such a generous amount for one date with her. When he met her gaze and saw relief flooding her eyes, making them look like melted chocolate, all traces of regret dissolved. No sane person was willing to bid more than Jungkook, so he won.

 “Um, what the do you think you’re doing?” Jin growled.

“I knew he was going to do it,” Yugyeom sighed.

Jungkook rolled his eyes and said in a hushed voice, “calm down, I’m just having a little bit of fun.”

Hoseok scoffed, “that’s some expensive fun.”

The party came to a close after the auction and the room became engrossed in chatter again as guests made their way towards the exits. Before Jungkook could leave, though, C

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter