Operation J: Phase Three

Seoul City
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Simultaneously, Jimin, Mark and Taehyung began climbing the wall – their feet fighting for a good grip along the rows of bricks as they clawed their way towards the top. While they climbed, the herd of security guards drew nearer and nearer, eventually coming within firing distance.

A gunshot flew by, cracking a hole into a brick only a couple centimetres away from Mark’s right hand, just as the three men reached the top of the wall. With the faint sound of police sirens in the distance, they quickly began to swing their legs over. Right when they were about to jump down and escape, another gun shot fired. This time it didn’t miss.

An ear-splitting scream echoed through the air.

“Who was that?” Chaeyoung’s voice wavered with emotion.

“Which one of you es got shot?” Jennie demanded, but Taehyung could hear the fear behind her icy tone.

Taehyung turned to his left, his eyes growing wide when he saw Jimin’s body quiver from the impact of the bullet. He was about to fall backwards off the wall, but Taehyung immediately wrapped an arm around his waist and threw their bodies to the ground, on the other side of the wall – temporarily saving them from the rapidly firing bullets that followed.

“Jimin! Taehyung! Answer me!” Jennie was yelling now, probably suspecting that it was Jimin by the sound of the scream.

“It was me, Jen,” Jimin managed to croak out in between sharp gasps of pain as Taehyung helped him up, and they rushed towards their getaway car.

The line went completely silent for a second as Jennie probably fought to maintain her composure.

“Dear Lord,” Chaeyoung muttered and it was obvious she was crying.

“Park ing Jimin, I swear to God if you die-“ Jennie threatened and her voice actually cracked at that last word.

“Relax, ladies,” Jimin said as Mark and Taehyung supported his body while they tried their best to run, “it only hit the back of my arm.”

“How the hell do you expect us to relax when you’ve been SHOT?” Chaeyoung exclaimed just as the men reached the getaway vehicle.

Taehyung forcefully opened the back door, helping Jimin to the middle seat and running over to occupy the seat on his left. Right away, Chaeyoung swung the other door open and sat on the other side of Jimin, first aid kit in hand. Meanwhile, Mark jumped into the front passenger seat.

“Why the is Chaeyoung in this car?” Jimin demanded, supporting his wounded arm with his intact one as bright-red blood continuously dripped from it, soaking his clothing and the leather car seats.

“Because she’s stubborn as hell,” Jungkook muttered, revving the engine and hastily pulling out of the parking spot.

“And we also needed a nurse just in case one of you was stupid enough to get hurt,” Jennie’s voice snapped through the headphones.

Taehyung heard Jimin sigh beside him as Chaeyoung began tending to his wound.

“Jen, I-“ Jimin tried to defend himself but was immediately cut off by Jennie’s voice.

“Save it. You and I are going to have a long conversation about safety when we get home.”

Meanwhile Jungkook was speeding through the crowded, dark streets of Tokyo, making sharp turns and running so many red lights that Taehyung eventually lost count. The tires screeched against the pavement as he turned through a secluded road and slammed on the gas pedal, causing a near collision with an oncoming vehicle and shifting all the passengers’ bodies against the side of the car. Loud and angry honks rang through the air while Jungkook sped through the gravel road.

Jimin hissed in pain as Chaeyoung’s weight pressed against his wounded arm, causing her to shift away immediately and steady his arm. Taehyung could tell she was shocked by the whole series of events that had unfolded, but was trying to stay focused on healing Jimin’s arm.

“I hope you’re all wearing seatbelts,” Jungkook muttered, sand and pebbles flying against the windows from the momentum of the vehicle.

“Take it easy, Vin Diesel,” Chaeyoung said sarcastically, glancing at Jungkook, “there’s an injured passenger on board.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter