Babe

Seoul City
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Still half-asleep, Chaeyoung stirred slightly as something strong pulled her close against a warm, hard surface. With a soft groan, she shifted closer towards the warmth that was such a contrast to the brisk air surrounding her. Another groan, this time a lot more pronounced, escaped as she felt a severe headache torturing her skull. Unable to remember where she was, her hands began to lazily explore the surface her head was resting upon.

Her hands came into contact with soft, cotton-like fabric that initially made her believe her head was placed on a pillow, but the area underneath it felt too firm, warm, and fleshy. And she couldn’t figure out why a faint tapping sound was infiltrating one of her ears. She knew she’d heard that sound somewhere before, but it felt like a war was occurring between the compartments of her brain that wouldn’t allow her to determine exactly what it was.

“You awake?” A familiar voice asked in a low, whisper.

She furrowed her eyebrows as her mind took several seconds to assign an owner to that voice. Finally realizing she was with Jungkook and identifying the warm surface as his chest, she hastily pulled away from him and opened her eyes wide. She immediately regretted that decision though, as the early morning light assaulted her eyes and intensified her throbbing headache, causing her to seek protection under the sleeping bag they were currently sharing.

“Ugh, can you turn the light off?” she complained, dry and her voice raspy.

He chuckled quietly before replying, “Chaeyoung, we’re in a tent.”

She groaned, still hiding under the covers and keeping her eyes firmly shut, “how did we get here?”

“We walked in,” he said sarcastically, “how much do you remember?”

“Absolutely nothing after the second shot,” she replied, trying to ease her headache by rubbing her temple, “how much do you remember?”

“Everything.”

“Well, ,” she muttered, realizing he held all the power right now. It would have been much easier if neither of them remembered anything, because she was sure whatever she did last night was very embarrassing. Alcohol and Chaeyoung really didn’t mix well.

With a deep breath, she asked the next question, already preparing for and dreading the answer, “what did I do?”

“I don’t think drunk Chaeyoung would want me to disclose that information to sober Chaeyoung,” he whispered.

“Jungkook,” she groaned, not possessing the patience to tolerate his teasing.

“Plus, I think we should get up before your brother-“ he began to say just as she heard Jimin – as if on cue – toss and turn beside her.

“What the is this?” Jimin grumbled loudly, causing both Chaeyoung and Jungkook to freeze, Chaeyoung’s eyes growing wide in fear as she slowly turned her head to look beside her. Her heart was beating wildly in her chest as she braced herself for his furious wrath and her mind scampered for valid excuses to explain their situation.

Just as she was about to open to defend herself, he said, “I asked for a 4-carat ring, not a ing 3 and a half,” before turning to face the opposite direction.

“Oh, thank God,” Chaeyoung sighed in relief as she realized Jimin was sleep-talking.

After that scare, they immediately got up, disconnected their sleeping bags from one another, and carefully rolled Jimin back into the middle of the tent – where he was originally supposed to be. They stepped over the other bodies that were still fast asleep as they sneaked out. Before exiting, Chaeyoung grabbed a warm blanket and wrapped it around herself.

As soon as she stepped out, Chaeyoung shielded her eyes from the harsh sunlight and grumpily walked towards a picnic table and sat down, resting her head in her hands and closing her eyes. She couldn’t remember the last time she felt this exhausted.

“I’m never drinking again,” she declared, placing her head on the cool, smooth wood of the table.

Jungkook laughed, “that’s a shame. I really connected with drunk Chaeyoung.”

“Oh God, that can’t be good,” she buried her face in her hands.

All she heard in response was the rustling of plastic and clinking of glass, which made her curious enough to slowly open one eye. A faint smile formed on her lips as she watched Jungkook clean up the alcohol bottles and place them in a large garbage bag. It was such an unexpectedly responsible action, that she was a little stunned, but then again, Jungkook was always pleasantly surprising her. A huge guilty voice inside her urged her to help, but her body was slower to respond as she physically struggled to move from her position for a couple minutes.

Eventually, she forced herself to get up with slow and heavy movements of her limbs to pick up an empty can nearby. Feeling like her energy was being exponentially depleted by the second, she approached him and placed the can in the bag.

“Seriously, what did I do last night?” she asked, forcing him to face her.

He turned to look at her innocently, his hair messily ruffled from sleep and making him look extra cute, “I’m not authorized to release that information.”

“Did I hit on you?” she asked frankly, knowing very well how affectionate she became when she was drunk.

The slow smirk he gave her confirmed suspicions, causing her to hide her face in her hands again in embarrassment and groan, “please forget everything.”

He scoffed, picking up more bottles and tossing them in the bag, “not a chance. Drunk Chaeyoung is too powerful to forget.”

“I’m definitely never drinking again,” she shook her head, helping him clean the last of the bottles with a frown.

When the campground was tidy, they both went inside to wash-up (in separat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter