Home

Seoul City
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Are you okay?” Taehyung asked, his arm still around her and their bodies still pressed against the side wall of the elevator.

Chaeyoung tipped her head, gazing into his dark eyes and trying to calm her racing heart, before nodding. They remained in that position for a few beats longer than necessary, searching each other’s eyes – curiously, hypnotically – as if this was their first time really seeing each other. Uncontrollably, her hand reached up to brush a strand of hazelnut-brown hair away from his eyes. Those eyes which possessed pupils so dilated that they practically appeared obsidian, but somehow still managed to sparkle. Those exquisite eyes.

Then, she realized she was pressed right against his wounded arm and gasped.

“Oh my gosh, your arm!” she exclaimed, stepping away to give him some breathing room and gently touching his arm. He blinked a couple times at her, as if reorienting himself, before responding.

“It’s fine,” Taehyung laughed, stretching his hand out a bit to demonstrate.

Chaeyoung had made sure he went to the hospital as soon as the camping trip was over, and despite the doctor’s orders, Taehyung had removed his sling early for the sake of this mission. By doing so, he put himself at risk for aggravating the injury and interfered with the recovery process. Needless to say, Chaeyoung did not approve.

Giving him one last concerned look, she turned towards the front of the elevator. Back to reality.

“I think the elevator’s stuck,” Chaeyoung stated the obvious, moving towards the doors and pressing the bright red ‘help’ button.

“Damn, we’re already short on time,” Taehyung mumbled, pressing the operator button repeatedly, but not getting any response.

Just then, Jennie’s voice echoed in their ears, “Chaeyoung, Taehyung, where the hell are you guys? We’re waiting on the main floor for you.”

“Jen, we’re stuck in the elevator,” Chaeyoung responded, thanking the heavens that they had mics and earpieces in.

“What?!” Jennie practically yelled, causing both Taehyung and Chaeyoung to flinch, “do you have the key to the safe with you?”

Although Chaeyoung was certain she had the key in her possession, she still fumbled through the pocket of her robe and withdrew the key to confirm, “Ya, it’s in my pocket.”

Jennie sighed deeply, “okay, just give the key to Taehyung and transfer the camera from your choker to his suit. We’ll try and get you guys out as soon as possible.”

With a smile, Chaeyoung handed Taehyung the key. He watched her in amusement as her fingers grappled with the tiny clasp of her choker for a few seconds, before deciding to step in. With a warm smile, he gently swept her long hair to one side and leaned close enough that he was practically hugging her as he reached his hands to the back of her neck and effortlessly removed the necklace. Chaeyoung held her breath the entire time. It was so strange. He’d been this close to her countless times before; but, this moment somehow felt different – more heated, more intimate.

It was probably the damn robe.

She took the necklace from his outstretched hands, keeping her gaze focused on it because her emotions were taking control over everything else right now and she didn’t know what they’d convince her to do if she looked at him again. Using her long, manicured fingernails, she smoothly removed the small, black camera and stuck it in the middle of Taehyung’s black, silk tie.

“Chaeng,” his deep voice was barely above a whisper as he placed a hand over hers, pressing them close against his hard sternum. Clearly and distinctly, she could feel the rapid taps of his heart that matched her own, “I have something to tell you.”

That caused her to finally look up at him again in surprise, “what is it?”

“Jen,” he suddenly called out into his microphone.

“What?” Jennie snapped, obviously frustrated about their current situation, “I’m a little busy trying to clean up this mess, so if you two could just remain quiet, that would be very much appreciated.”

Chaeyoung chuckled but Taehyung continued, “can you turn off the mic and camera for a bit? There’s something we need to discuss. Privately.”

Jennie scoffed, “well, that’s shady. But, fine, I’ll cut you off until we need to contact you again. Enjoy your ‘alone time’.

They both heard a little beep and the camera flashed twice, allowing them to speak freely.

He took both her hands in his and Chaeyoung waited patiently (and a little nervously) for him to speak.

“I was planning on talking to you about this after the mission, but now that we’re stuck in here, I guess I might as well make use of this time,” Taehyung said, making Chaeyoung uneasy with his seriousness.

“Tae, you’re scaring me. What’s wrong?” she gripped his hands, her brows furrowing with concern.

“Do you remember when we went shopping and I had to suddenly run to my car?” Taehyung asked, and Chaeyoung could only nod in response, her stomach twisting with apprehension, “it was a new email from my parents. They told me where they’re living now.”

Chaeyoung raised a brow, “that’s a good thing… isn’t it?

Taehyung gulped, his jaw tensing and then untensing, “it’s in America, Chaeyoung. They want me to go live with them.”

Chaeyoung blinked at him dumbfoundedly for a couple seconds, her mind going blank.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter