As if it's our Last

Seoul City
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaeyoung awoke to the sound of her alarm blaring a Big Bang song on her nightstand at 6:00 am. After a couple minutes of snoozing and stretching, she finally got up, showered and got dressed for her first date in a long time.

She chose to wear one of her more modest bikinis – a black crop top that covered her chest and came all the way down to her waist with matching shorts – and wore an off-the-shoulder, floral sundress to cover it. For comfort, she wore her favourite pair of Vans sneakers but placed a pair of flip-flops in her bag as well. Her hair was kept in loose waves that gave off a characteristic beach vibe and her makeup was minimal. After a couple last minute phone calls and mouthfuls of cereal, she was ready.

Just as she climbed into her vehicle, it occurred to her that she didn’t know where Jungkook lived. In fact, she didn’t even know if he still remembered their plans for the day. Not wanting to wait for him any longer than necessary, she tried to call to remind him about their date.

She wasn’t surprised when he didn’t pick up the first time. With a sigh, she rang his number again and waited for a response.

“Hello,” he finally answered, his voice low and raspy from sleep. Chaeyoung tried hard to ignore how y he sounded.

“Hey, it’s Chaeyoung.”

After a short pause, he replied in that same sleepy voice, “Hey.”

“Were you sleeping?” she asked in a displeased tone. The fact that she’d had to wake up at 6:00 am while he was still leisurely resting in bed annoyed her.

“I’m still sleeping,” he replied and Chaeyoung mentally cursed the universe for giving him such a goddamn alluring voice. Knowing him, he was probably talking like that on purpose.

“Well, you better get up if we’re still going on that date,” Chaeyoung advised, “Our helicopter takes off in 45 minutes for Jeju island. I have everything planned, so you don’t really need much. Just make sure to bring swimwear and comfortable shoes because we’ll be on our feet a lot. What’s your address?”

There was a long silence on the other line and Chaeyoung wondered if he’d hung up on her again, “hello?”

She finally heard a groan on the other line, “sorry, can you repeat all of that? I have a massive headache.”

Chaeyoung released a sharp, irritated puff of breath, “Jungkook, are you hungover?”

“No,” he muttered and then after a couple seconds, “maybe a little.”

She rolled her eyes. This was going to be a long day.

It took Chaeyoung 20 minutes to drive to Jungkook’s house, the early morning traffic being light and easy to maneuver through. Although she expected the Jeons to live luxuriously, she was still mesmerized when she rolled up in front of the Jeon mansion. Tall, gold gates that held an even brighter, gold phoenix emblem in the center opened to reveal the huge building. It looked just as spacious as her own house; however, the Jeon mansion had a more modern design with sky-high windows and slanted walls, whereas the Park mansion had a more old-fashioned, Greek-inspired architecture. She couldn’t help wondering what the interior looked like – was it just as fashionable as the exterior? She shook her head as if the physical action would clear her head of these intrusive thoughts.

A couple minutes later, Jungkook walked out of the house, holding his leather jacket in one hand and his keys in the other. He was wearing a white, v-neck t-shirt that clung to his toned body and revealed his muscular arms. A pair of Ray-Ban sunglasses rested in the neckline of his shirt, revealing a hint of his bare chest. To match, he wore a pair of black shorts with a subtle, dark grey checkered pattern and a pair of white vans sneakers that matched her own. His hair looked more tousled than usual, the ends of it still wet from a shower he probably took 10 minutes ago. Chaeyoung had to admit, he looked good. Very good. No one would believe that he just woke up 20 minu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter