The Fantastic Four

Seoul City
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

9:08 am. Taehyung glanced at his rolex for the hundredth time that morning. Chaeyoung was supposed to finish work at 7:00 am, but still hadn’t come home, which was strange considering the hospital was only a 15-minute drive from the Parks’ mansion. Normally, he wouldn’t be too concerned about this, but after last night’s events, his protective instincts were heightened. He blamed himself for exposing her to the dark world of the Phoenixes. Their discovery of her name and identity put her at a huge risk, especially given the predatorial way Jungkook was staring at her. After last night, he promised himself to do a better job protecting Chaeyoung.

Taehyung moved in with the Parks 10 years ago after the fire which killed his parents and scarred him – both physically and psychologically. The Parks have always treated him as a part of their family, paying for his food, clothing, education and generously providing him with anything else he’s ever wanted. He was treated like a son by Mr. Park, and like a brother by Jimin but, a secret part of him hoped Chaeyoung didn’t think of him as a brother too. Growing up together, Taehyung and Chaeyoung had developed a deep friendship that, at times, seemed like it was much more than that. Although, he respected the Park family way too much to ever pursue his romantic feelings for Chaeyoung, it would be a lie to say he’d never fantasized about it. Fighting his feelings for her was a daily internal battle.

To take his mind off Chaeoyoung’s whereabouts, he decided to play video games in the Parks’ oversized living room. Mr. Park had left for work early that morning and Jimin and Jennie were still asleep, so he was left to entertain himself. The game successfully distracted him for a few minutes until the doorbell rang.

“Finally,” Taehyung grinned when he opened the door and saw a very tired Chaeyoung standing on the other side, “I was considering filing a missing person report.”

“Sorry,” She said sheepishly, with a large yawn, “my car got towed with my house keys still in there.”

She brushed past him into the house, taking her shoes off and placing her shopping bag down on the floor.

“What’s this?” Taehyung asked picking up the pink shopping bag and looking inside.

“No peeking!” Chaeyoung exclaimed, snatching the bag out of his hands, “it’s my dress for the charity ball.”

Taehyung laughed, “I’m going to be seeing it in a couple days anyway.”

“Exactly, so just wait a couple more days,” Chaeyoung smiled at him triumphantly, “you’re going to be enchanted by this dress. You won’t even know what hit you.”

She said it as a joke but Taehyung smiled, knowing he would be mesmerized by her no matter what she was wearing. He even found the current state she was in – wrinkled scrubs, messy bun, no makeup and all – painfu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter