National Disaster

Seoul City
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One week. It had been 7 days since Jungkook’s date with Chaeyoung and she still constantly occupied his thoughts. Ever since his date with Chaeyoung, he hadn’t slept alone, using other women as hollow replacements for the one he actually wanted. He was desperately trying to forget her, and yet, every time he woke up with another woman, his first thought was that it wasn’t her. The feeling of wanting a woman and not being able to have her was a completely new feeling for Jungkook since he was so used to getting his way. It was astonishing that one person could leave such an impression on him with such little effort.

His mind was still having difficulty comprehending the insanity of his emotions. He’d shared more with her in one day than he had with any other woman his whole life. It scared the hell out of him, but it also felt… relieving? She understood him without the need for him to explain himself, and he wanted to cherish and protect her like she was his. He’d heard about all the romantic bull everyone always talks about but he never once believed in it, until he met Chaeyoung. In such a short amount of time, they’d developed an intense connection that felt so right – even though it was so wrong. If this was their fairytale, then it was bound to be a tragedy.

As Jungkook quietly slipped out of the hotel room in which he’d spent the night, his phone began to ring.

“Jeon Jungkook,” he answered in a slightly annoyed tone since it was so early in the morning and he had a meeting to get to.

“Mr. Jeon, this is Lee Hongsuk, the head of Korea’s National Intelligence Service,” a deep, professional voice replied, “I’m going to need you to come to our office in 30 minutes.”

Jungkook wasn’t expecting that. Of course he knew who Lee Hongsuk was, he’d spent the majority of his adult life trying to avoid him so he wouldn’t discover his gang’s activities. But, he had no idea why he was requesting to meet him so early in the day. Was this a trap?

“Good morning, Mr. Lee. I’d love to meet you, I’m sure you’re a very pleasant man; however, I have a meeting this morning, so I’m afraid I cannot,” Jungkook said in his best business man voice. No way in hell was he meeting with the devil himself without a clue as to what he was planning.

“This isn’t a request, Mr. Jeon,” his voice hardened, gaining a threatening edge, “this is an order. Now get your over here before I resort to force.”

Jungkook rolled his eyes. What a typical, ‘national intelligence service’ thing to say. But the fact that he was still referring to him in a formal ‘Mr. Jeon’ was reassuring, so he decided to comply. His curiosity about what this meeting was about was the largest factor guiding him towards this decision.

“Fine. Where is this damn meeting?”

~*~

Jungkook was picked up by a chauffer he didn’t recognize and dropped off in a remote location in the center of the city – very dangerous because it was neither on the West or the East side, meaning Jungkook had no leverage or power.

The building was a small, worn-out school that was currently unoccupied due to the summer break. It had an eerie feel to it as it stood alone in a large area of land with only a small playground to fill up the space. As Jungkook approached the entrance, he was once again confused about the motive behind this meeting.

When he entered and approached the room number he had been texted, he was even more shocked.

“What the is he doing here?” Jungkook asked, glaring daggers at Park Jimin who was sitting at a large, round table with a large, tanned, older man – presumably Lee Hongsuk.

“Oh, hell no, I never agreed to seeing his ed up here,” Jimin growled, abruptly standing up and glowering at Jungkook to match his aggressive stance.

Suddenly a gunshot went off, silencing both men as they stared at the man who had fired it. Lee Hongsuk seemed like a man who was trained to control his anger, but he definitely couldn’t control it for long. Amusement momentarily overtook Jungkook’s anger for a moment as he stared up at the hole Mr. Lee had created in the ceiling – the sunlight from outside peering into the dimly lit room.

“Both of you will calm the down and both of you will sit your asses down and shut your mouths,” Mr. Lee barked, jerking his chin in the direction of the chairs to tell them to take a seat.

Normally, Jungkook would defy someone like Mr. Lee who spoke to him with such venom, but in this situati

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter