Someone Gets Hurt

Seoul City
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As soon as Jungkook’s body rammed into him, Taehyung knew it wouldn’t end well. He probably shouldn’t have used his arm to brace his fall, but the whole thing happened too fast for him to consider safe body mechanics. Following the loud thud caused by their bodies crashing to the ground, an audible popping sound reverberated in Taehyung’s ears, a foreboding sign of the injury that had occurred. Soon after, sharp stabs of pain radiated from his elbow down his arm, making his fingers tingle slightly and his cardiovascular system pump desperately to meet his oxygenation needs.

It wouldn’t have been too bad with just Jungkook’s weight to fight against, but as more bodies stacked on top of him, the pain shot higher and higher – consuming all other senses. Eventually, he felt the smothering weight lighten until there was no one on top of him. Clenching his teeth tightly as he tried to cope with the pain, he cautiously looked down at his left arm.

“,” he cursed under his breath and rested his head on the sand.

His forearm hung limply to the side in an odd angle and his elbow jutted out so far that it almost pierced through his inflamed skin. It didn’t take a doctor to figure out that he’d certainly dislocated his elbow.

“Someone, run into the house and grab my first aid kit,” Chaeyoung ordered, “make sure to bring some pain meds from the kitchen cupboard.”

“Taehyung, don’t you dare move,” She shifted her attention, crouching down next to him, her eyes assessing him from head-to-toe. Despite the pain, a small smile tugged at his lips as he realized she’d switched into full on Nurse Park mode. While she was still in nursing school, he’d always volunteered to be her dummy for her to practice her assessments on, but this was the first time he was seeing her apply these skills in a real-life scenario. He wished the pain would stop so he could really observe her in her element.

“I don’t think I could move, even if I tried,” he said, trying to lighten the atmosphere as everyone else silently gathered around the two of them in a circle.

“You’re talking to me, so that’s a good sign,” she muttered as she squeezed his fingernails, checking his circulation, “how’s your breathing?”

“A little too fast, with you leaning so close,” he joked as she pressed her ear against the left-side of his chest, listening to his heart.

She rolled her eyes, moving on to feel his pulses on either side of his wrist, “it seems your judgement’s still intact. Did you hit your head at all?”

“No, I shifted all my weight to my left arm,” Taehyung replied, closing his eyes to withstand the pain gnawing through him.

“Idiot,” she mumbled, causing him to chuckle lightly, “you dislocated it.”

“I know,” he sighed.

“I don’t think there’s any arterial damage yet, but if we don’t relocate it soon, there will be. How could you brace your fall so stupidly? Haven’t you ever heard of ‘safe falling’? Don’t they teach you this in basic gym classes?” she repeatedly smacked his good arm.

“Ow!” Taehyung gasped at her dramatically, “are you seriously hitting a sick person right now?”

“Shut up, you deserve it,” she smacked him again before shifting her attention to his eyes. She took out her phone and the flashlight, “follow this light with your eyes.”

He did as she asked and smiled when she nodded in satisfaction, “your pupils look good.”

“Thanks, you have pretty eyes too,” he grinned at her.

She suddenly placed her hands on either side of his jaw and searched his face with wide eyes, “oh my God, maybe you did hit your head. You’re being way too flirty to be my Tae.”

That caused him to laugh outright, before more pangs of pain caused him to exhale sharply, “I just thought, if I’m going to die, I might as well make my last words something that makes you smile.”

She smacked him again, this time much harder, “you, stupid little piece of- how could you even think about dying?”

Taehyung chuckled through the pain again, “it’s going to happen eventually.”

She narrowed her eyes at him, but he could still see them shining with tears she was trying to keep back, “you’re not going to ing die. Not today.”

“Why are you guys being so dramatic?” Jennie asked in dismay, reminding Taehyung that there were other people with them, “it’s just a dislocated elbow.”

“Can’t you see he’s in pain?” Jimin asked sarcastically, “he might not make it.”

“Want me to dislocate your elbow too so you know how it feels?” Taehyung threatened, glaring between Jennie and Jimin. Disappointed, but not surprised at his best-friends’ lack of empathy.

“Chaeyoung, I hate to break it to you, but Taehyung has survived much worse than a dislocated elbow,” Jennie said, “we all have.”

“That doesn’t mean it doesn’t ing hurt,” Taehyung said through gritted teeth.

“What do you mean?” Chaeyoung looked up at her in confusion.

“He’s fallen from buildings, been involved in brawls with dozens of people at once and has been shot multiple times,” Jennie revealed, “he’s a Griffin, remember?”

Chaeyoung’s face immediately fell as she realized, again, that there was a part of Taehyung’s life she didn’t know about. They still hadn’t fully talked about it yet, kind of sweeping it under the carpet until further notice. If they pretended it wasn’t there, maybe they wouldn’t have to address it.

“How could I forget?” she mumbled, just as Jungkook came back with the first aid kit and her nurse mode was once again activated.

“Okay, Tae, you can’t move until I relocate this elbow. I’m going to give you some pain meds right now, but they’re going to take a little while to work. We have to wait for them to kick in before I can do anything, which means we might have to stay in this position for 30 minutes to an hour,” she explained.

“Wait, have you ever relocated an elbow before?” Bogum asked suspiciously.

Chaeyoung bit her lip and looked away awkwardly, “no, doctors are supposed to do that. But I’ve seen it being done multiple times.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter