Road Trip

Seoul City
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Car 1 – Jimin, Jennie, Yoongi

“I’ve never seen Chaeyoung this upset for this long,” Jennie noted, her normally fierce face lined with worry.

The much-anticipated day of the road trip had arrived and the Griffins and Phoenixes were currently en route towards the Griffin’s family lake-house. Four cars trailed closely after one another on the picturesque roads of Korea, with Jimin, Jennie and Yoongi leading the group in a large truck. Behind them the rest of the Griffins along with Chaeyoung followed in an SUV, while Jungkook, Yugyyeom, Hoseok, and Mark rode in another car, and Jackson, Namjoon and Jin in another.

It had been 4 days since Chaeyoung discovered the Park dungeon and found out about Taehyung’s involvement with the Griffins and she was still giving all of them the cold shoulder. Throughout the years, Chaeyoung and Taehyung had many disagreements and bickered on a daily basis, but none of their ‘fights’ exceeded 24 hours, with one or both of them caving in and apologizing. Things just didn’t feel right when they weren’t talking to each other so, Jimin and Jennie were understandably concerned about her.

“I’m sure she’ll forgive us soon enough,” Jimin said, in an attempt to reassure both himself and Jennie.

“She’s just being dramatic,” Yoongi voiced his opinion from the back of the car, causing Jennie and Jimin to exchange an annoyed glance. They’d planned on sharing one car and spending quality time together, but the other Griffin car didn’t have enough space for 6 people, so they were forced to accept Yoongi as their (unwelcome) guest. It wouldn’t have been much of an issue if he wasn’t so pessimistic.

Jennie ignored Yoongi and turned towards Jimin, “I really hope you’re right, Chim. Or else this will be a very long trip.”

Yoongi scoffed, “it’s going to be a long trip, regardless.”

Jimin sighed inwardly. With Yoongi in the back of their car for the entire drive, he was sure it would be.

~*~

Car 2: Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Chaeyoung, Bogum, Taehyung

Taehyung sighed as Bogum’s sleepy head fell on his shoulder for the nth time. Chanyeol was driving the SUV they were seated in, with Baekhyun in shotgun. That left, Chaeyoung and Taehyung to occupy the back with Bogum strategically placed in between them like a soundproof wall.

Taehyung had been miserable for the past couple days. He understood Chaeyoung’s anger and actually welcomed it because he knew he deserved it, but he’d hoped to at least have a chance to explain himself. Chaeyoung had put her walls up and refused to let them down, avoiding him in every possible situation. He was beginning to think she’d never forgive him, and even though he anticipated this outcome, the reality of it ripped his heart to shreds.

He shrugged Bogum’s head off of himself in frustration, only for it to land on Chaeyoung’s shoulder instead. She blew a strand of hair out of her face in annoyance before using her index finger to push Bogum’s head away. His head swivelled, hovered in midair for a second before resting on Taehyung’s shoulder again. Taehyung chuckled as he passed it back to Chaeyoung’s shoulder – it felt like they were playing a game of basketball with his head and despite her annoyance, he could tell she was amused as she turned her head away to hide her smile. Though it was a small step, it still felt like progress.

“Is Bogum seriously asleep right now?” Chanyeol laughed in disbelief, glancing in the rear-view mirror, “we literally just hit the highway.”

To be fair, they had left early at 6:00 am to avoid traffic, so everyone was pretty tired. Taehyung was surprised that the Phoenixes had even showed up.

“Yah, do you guys wanna play that game?” Baekhyung whispered, turning his head excitedly towards the backseat.

“Which one?” Chanyeol asked warily. Knowing Baekhyun, this would either be a very inappropriate or highly dangerous suggestion.

“It’s called: ‘while you were sleeping’.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter