Fireworks

Seoul City
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There was no way Jungkook would survive this date. It was game-over as soon as he stepped into Chaeyoung’s car and saw her in that dress that exposed her smooth neck and shoulders. Her skin was painfully beautiful and he secretly wanted to see more of it… or all of it. When she leaned across him to put his seatbelt on, the smell of her floral scented shampoo and coconut lotion drove him insane. He had to keep reminding himself that she was off-limits – a part of the Park family.

Obviously, this reminder wasn’t strong enough, because he had to go and do something stupid like suggesting they do whatever their hearts desired on this date. It appeared, he needed to work on his self-control. All things considered, he had paid $100,000 for this date, so he expected to have the time of his life. And with the thick tension that was already brewing between him and Chaeyoung, this expectation seemed very attainable.

Now, as they walked towards the Parks’ helicopter, he could fully appreciate the way her outfit hung over her hips and cut off at just the right length to showcase her long legs. Damn, those were great legs. An amused smile spread across his face when he noticed they were wearing matching, white Vans. She obviously had great taste.

“Nice shoes,” he smirked and glanced down.

She grinned, “you too.”

The closer they got to the helicopter, the harsher the wind hit them, ruffling their hair and causing Chaeyoung’s dress to whip around wildly. Jungkook used his leather jacket to hold around her hips to preserve her modesty (because that was the gentlemanly thing to do). She seemed to appreciate the gesture, although she tensed at the slight touch of his hands on her hips. He didn’t blame her. Every touch – hell, every look – between them was fiery and electric.

They climbed into the helicopter together and put their headphone sets on to block out the loud noise of the propellers.

Jungkook belatedly noticed the lack of space in the helicopter. Although it was standard-sized, the backseats where Jungkook and Chaeyoung were sitting barely provided enough room for the two of them. Their shoulders, arms, and legs were pressed together, allowing her body heat to intermingle with his own to create a strong electric current between them. Just riding in the same car as Chaeyoung was enough to make him heady, but sitting so close to her in the helicopter was something else entirely. He was hyperaware of every point their bodies were touching and it was driving him crazy. The feminine scent that radiated off her was making it even worse. He wasn’t sure when, exactly, she gained such a power over him.

Luckily, the lush, green and blue scenery of Korea below them provided him with something else to focus on. It wasn’t often that Jungkook was awestruck, but as the helicopter flew across the beautiful landscapes, he was mesmerized. Korea really was a beautiful country and times like this made him proud to be a citizen.

A quick glance down at Chaeyoung revealed similar feelings. Her eyes were wide with excitement as she pointed to different areas out the window and continuously said “wow.” He chuckled quietly to himself because she looked so cute and innocent. One of the things that intrigued Jungkook about her was her duality – at times, she was so kind-hearted and empathetic but in the next moment, she would surprise him with her sharp tongue and witty humour. Sometimes she resembled a cute little girl, while other times she was so y without even trying that he had a hard time breathing. She was a deadly combination of all the things he loved in a woman, and Jungkook was terrified that he’d fall for her.

Eventually, her body relaxed against his and they rode together comfortably, enjoying the view and making small talk. Jungkook reluctantly had to admit to himself that he was actually having a good time. He hadn’t been on a date in years, so he’d forgotten how it felt to just do mundane, everyday things with a woman just for fun. It was… nice.

The helicopter finally landed in a wide, jade-green field in Jeju around 10:00 am. Although Jungkook had been to Jeju many times with family and friends, he’d never been this far away from the main tourist areas. He’d expected them to head directly to the beach, so this was a surprise.

“So, I just realized I forgot to tell you the exact schedule for the day,” Chaeyoung gave him a sheepish smile as she hopped off the helicopter and they began walking through the field. She looked so cute that he couldn’t help smiling back.

“As you can see,” she spread her arms wide to the field, “we are in the middle of nowhere. But, there’s a long trail along the border of the island that will take us to where our car is parked. It’s going to be about a 10 km hike.”

Jungkook laughed in surprise, “wow, it’s a good thing I’m physically active. I can’t imagine what the old guy or the bald man who were bidding on you would do if they had won.”

“Can we please not talk about the old guy or the bald man?” she looked like just thinking about them brought back traumatic memories.

Jungkook smirked, deciding to have some fun, “just tell me this, out of the two of them, which one would you have chosen?”

Chaeyoung scrunched her nose in aversion, “neither.”

“If you absolutely had to,” he pressed on. For some reason, he was really curious now.

“I would choose….” She paused for dramatic effect, “you.” And then she flashed him a breathtaking smile that stunned him for a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter